The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:21:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 [1130] 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822956 times)
singcobb and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest170

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #22580 on: August 02, 2018, 12:29:42 pm »

Totally agree Beds,  Uni exactly how and where have we have progressed of the pitch?

We have made a few changes, extra bog door etc  but also remember you are following on from DC who spent the last 5 years taking every penny he could out of the club. Off the pitch I would doubt we have spent much more than £50k on improvements

All that might be fine if there was a plan but the only really plan KT has is to make as much money as he can we the smallest risk / investment possible.

If you had read my post and what it was in relation to you wouldn't have to ask, the training facility.
Please read the thread a bit before responding, I actually think it was a good discussion between myself and beds although we disagree on some points.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #22581 on: August 02, 2018, 12:35:33 pm »

Over the moon to see we are still going round in circles on here.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #22582 on: August 02, 2018, 12:38:07 pm »

..........................Where as you see weakness and failure in other teams as a reason to give thanks for small mercies and praise those keeping us subjected to water treading without a future plan.

This probably summarizes why the discussion is so polarized - your observation above is, of course how you see it (and I have never doubted for once your sincerity on the subject) - however others would suggest that is exactly the same logic but applied in an opposite way you apply to anything and everything about NTFC and it's current owner.

Forget bounties from adjacent land and the missing 10 million (granted all missed opportunities but circumstances that many of the progressive clubs you cite never had) -  so when KT sells up to make his tidy profit (as you and Random have said so many times) your theory on how the club should be run may get a chance to actually happen - we will see!

On the other hand should KT stay and develop the ground I'm very curious as how you will react to that news - gracious and conciliatory I hope........
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22583 on: August 02, 2018, 12:43:45 pm »

Over the moon to see we are still going round in circles on here.
1,139 pages. It's pathetic isn't it Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #22584 on: August 02, 2018, 12:45:41 pm »

....I only contribute to get the one million up
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22585 on: August 02, 2018, 13:00:16 pm »

All that might be fine if there was a plan but the only really plan KT has is to make as much money as he can we the smallest risk / investment possible.

More fake news. As I've said before I'm reserving judgement on KT until this f**king paperwork is finally sorted, but unfounded statements like this really undermine some of the stronger arguments that the likes of yourself and Beds make.

How much money has he made out of us so far?
Does making cash signings and rejecting approaches for our best players, straight after a significant drop in revenue, constitute "smallest risk/investment possible"?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #22586 on: August 02, 2018, 13:02:52 pm »

See you are at again Roger  Grin
Can you please make a posting that is about NTFC development rather than other clubs?
If you can't do it on here can you please do it on the Trust website / facebook. Me and many other fans would really like to know what you and the Trust are thinking / doing
Many Thanks
Derek
I don't really know what you are on about, if its my reply about Pboro, that's what it is, a reply to what someone has posted.
Regarding what myself and the Trust are doing, you and "many other fans" are welcome to attend any Trust meeting, you could even have come along last night and asked in person. there were 3 Trust board members and James Whiting as well as Dean Austin to answer any questions

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #22587 on: August 02, 2018, 13:04:23 pm »

You have a very strange way of exhibiting your disdain... By added fuel to the fire.  
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #22588 on: August 02, 2018, 13:27:13 pm »

You have a very strange way of exhibiting your disdain... By added fuel to the fire.  
The 20 posts I've made on this thread so far this calendar year are a drop in this particular ocean Nigel. Pretty weak fuel I'd say!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 13:49:24 pm by FezNTFC » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22589 on: August 02, 2018, 13:27:40 pm »

I don't really know what you are on about, if its my reply about Pboro, that's what it is, a reply to what someone has posted.
Regarding what myself and the Trust are doing, you and "many other fans" are welcome to attend any Trust meeting, you could even have come along last night and asked in person. there were 3 Trust board members and James Whiting as well as Dean Austin to answer any questions

Surprised you allow yourself to be questioned by this apparation of a ' supporter'. He never goes to games particularly away games, he certainly never goes to any Trust Meeting. He is a political type of supporter with a grudge against the Club and its directors. In other words a trouble maker and not even interested in the team at all. I hope you dont feel he represents the views of many supporters as he doesn't. You would be mad to have him in the Trust and insane if he is voted in on the board.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #22590 on: August 02, 2018, 14:41:46 pm »

A new season dawns, this thread continues and, rather like the East Stand, with no end in sight.  I am readying myself for yet another season looking across at the East Stand mess. It does not make for good viewing.  Hopefully, Dean Austin has a sufficiently strong squad into which he has instilled some belief and organisation and that we can look forward to better viewing on the pitch. 

The “debate” on this forum goes hither and thither but to my mind one thing remains clear and in that I remain consistent and unchanging. That is that under our current ownership there is no prospect of anything happening to the East Stand in the near future.  Our owners can fall back on the legal side that the boundaries are still being sorted out by a painfully slow moving and inadequate Council. But that will run its course and then KT will have nowhere to hide and the heat on him will increase.  Knowing that, he has already played the card of his family being in the USA etc. etc. meaning we can expect less of his presence in Northampton.  Step forward the bag carrier, James Whiting who is adept at carrying out his masters’ orders, whoever they may be from time to time.  Dear old Gareth will provide the PR spin to convince us all is well.

I don’t go with the notion that you have to have a good ground to have a successful team.  That has to be a nonsense. Consider Sunderland who will be entertaining the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Burton and Walsall this season at the Stadium of Light.  But what any club needs is a stadium and an underlying infrastructure that (a) produces a good income stream 7 days a week and (b) attracts quality players willing to commit their careers to the club.  We lack both the income and the infrastructure and that is part of the reason we are where we are.

My hope is that new owners will arrive soon who are more interested in developing NTFC as a football club than viewing NTFC as a property development opportunity.  KT has had his time and needs to move on.  His credibility (where is that £4million) is on the line.  All he has done is tinker at the edges with the ground with the minimum of expenditure, spun a good story to the media as a “football man” and, hey ho, we find ourselves back in the basement division. 
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #22591 on: August 02, 2018, 15:03:32 pm »

Fully agree with your sentiments vintage, personally I just want someone in charge who wants to develop the Club, the ground and the infrastructure around it which is the players, youth etc and develop an identity for this club for the long run. I don't think KT is that person, however, I will happily be proved wrong on that. In the meantime lets hope we start playing as a team with fight and passion in it.
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #22592 on: August 02, 2018, 15:15:01 pm »

A new season dawns, this thread continues and, rather like the East Stand, with no end in sight.  I am readying myself for yet another season looking across at the East Stand mess. It does not make for good viewing.  Hopefully, Dean Austin has a sufficiently strong squad into which he has instilled some belief and organisation and that we can look forward to better viewing on the pitch. 

The “debate” on this forum goes hither and thither but to my mind one thing remains clear and in that I remain consistent and unchanging. That is that under our current ownership there is no prospect of anything happening to the East Stand in the near future.  Our owners can fall back on the legal side that the boundaries are still being sorted out by a painfully slow moving and inadequate Council. But that will run its course and then KT will have nowhere to hide and the heat on him will increase.  Knowing that, he has already played the card of his family being in the USA etc. etc. meaning we can expect less of his presence in Northampton.  Step forward the bag carrier, James Whiting who is adept at carrying out his masters’ orders, whoever they may be from time to time.  Dear old Gareth will provide the PR spin to convince us all is well.

I don’t go with the notion that you have to have a good ground to have a successful team.  That has to be a nonsense. Consider Sunderland who will be entertaining the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Burton and Walsall this season at the Stadium of Light.  But what any club needs is a stadium and an underlying infrastructure that (a) produces a good income stream 7 days a week and (b) attracts quality players willing to commit their careers to the club.  We lack both the income and the infrastructure and that is part of the reason we are where we are.

My hope is that new owners will arrive soon who are more interested in developing NTFC as a football club than viewing NTFC as a property development opportunity.  KT has had his time and needs to move on.  His credibility (where is that £4million) is on the line.  All he has done is tinker at the edges with the ground with the minimum of expenditure, spun a good story to the media as a “football man” and, hey ho, we find ourselves back in the basement division. 

This is all very persuasive, but it completely relies on the assumption that the redevelopment won't progress once the legal stuff is sorted. That may well turn out to be the case.

The reality is, though, that none of us know yet. This kind of post (specifically the bit in bold), would carry a lot more weight two months after the council confirm the paperwork is signed and KT still hasn't told us what his plans are.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #22593 on: August 02, 2018, 15:22:37 pm »

The 20 posts I've made on this thread so far this calendar year are a drop in this particular ocean Nigel. Pretty weak fuel I'd say!

I was merely concerned that you felt compelled to comment on something that you clearly disapprove of.

I was worried about you James... Never, no more again.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #22594 on: August 02, 2018, 15:31:02 pm »

This is all very persuasive, but it completely relies on the assumption that the redevelopment won't progress once the legal stuff is sorted. That may well turn out to be the case.

The reality is, though, that none of us know yet. This kind of post (specifically the bit in bold), would carry a lot more weight two months after the council confirm the paperwork is signed and KT still hasn't told us what his plans are.

We will see.  But don't forget that KT's interests will have owned the club 3 years this coming November which is more than enough time for him to share with his paying customers the redevelopment plans and in all this time we have seen diddly squat. So it seems to me to be safe to conclude there aren't any viable plans in existence.  Don't forget that the adjoining CDNL land has been controlled for some time by DB/KT so the re-defining of the boundary with NBC is not a valid reason for withholding his plans.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #22595 on: August 02, 2018, 15:33:58 pm »

Where was the 4 million mentioned?

Give the bloke a chance. He's only a matter of weeks from getting the go ahead to build. You'd struggle to get the plans together for a half decent extension on your house in that time. Patience dear chap.. Patience.

See above, Hamster
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #22596 on: August 02, 2018, 15:41:51 pm »

I was merely concerned that you felt compelled to comment on something that you clearly disapprove of.

I was worried about you James... Never, no more again.  Cool
I do welcome your concern Tel, but I'm afraid you'll have to forgive me for only waiting until page 1,139 to agree with someone that we've perhaps gone round in circles. Alas my patience isn't quite as good as it used to be when this thread started six years ago.

Of course, I'm also acutely aware that this 21st post of mine will act as sufficient fuel for another 1,139 pages. And you'll have to forgive me for that as well Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #22597 on: August 02, 2018, 15:42:23 pm »

130 more per game  Grin

You may laugh but 130 per home game is approx an extra £50k p/s
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 15:53:52 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #22598 on: August 02, 2018, 15:45:13 pm »

We will see.  But don't forget that KT's interests will have owned the club 3 years this coming November which is more than enough time for him to share with his paying customers the redevelopment plans and in all this time we have seen diddly squat. So it seems to me to be safe to conclude there aren't any viable plans in existence.  Don't forget that the adjoining CDNL land has been controlled for some time by DB/KT so the re-defining of the boundary with NBC is not a valid reason for withholding his plans.

This argument has a few holes in it too, IMO.

If I were KT and I had genuine plans, I'd hold them back too. Why spend a load of money getting them drawn up and get the supporters excited if they may not come to anything for some months or years? It drove people on here crazy when DC released plans and then continually altered them whilst nothing actually happened.

More importantly, there was no guarantee as to how the lease situation would be rectified. This was up for debate until the last minute, remember. He may have had to bin or at least significantly alter plans if it didn't go how he anticipated.

Again, I'm no KT apologist, I'm on the fence. Like Hamster, I just wish people would be a bit more patient/reasonable and judge the bloke once he's actually had an opportunity to act!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #22599 on: August 02, 2018, 15:51:54 pm »

Some pretty unpleasant comments on James Whiting and co. Its no good telling KT to move on when there is nobody yet to step into his shoes. Unless of course you will be heading a consortium or planning to complete the takeover yourself? Which one is it El Financial Whiz Kid?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 16:00:46 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 [1130] 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: