The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:17:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820873 times)
coboz and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22720 on: August 25, 2018, 13:26:15 pm »

That's good to hear Barton but does anyone actually know when.
There are dates that come and go and no updates and that does nothing to alay fears/contribute to rumours.
Can anyone on here please tell me WHEN is this actually starting?
Throwback😀
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #22721 on: August 25, 2018, 17:59:10 pm »

Lose today and we will be about bottom again, but then it's not the chairman's fault because...........

How very disappointing for you it must be that we didn’t lose - no one to blame for at least 7 days!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22722 on: August 25, 2018, 18:45:48 pm »

How very disappointing for you it must be that we didn’t lose - no one to blame for at least 7 days!
We will still be in league 2 in a very basic unfit for purpose ground that can only attract 6400 of our target 300,000 catchment, no corporate boxes to cater for local buisneses and sponsors to support thier local professional football club, no large supporters bar to encourage and welcome new supporters etc, etc.
After this great win,  it might be a good time for Thomas to either bury some bad news (nbc not freely handing out free land, lawyers slow with dotting i's and crossed t's, usual stuff)  or he could completely surprise us all and finally  reveal his 3 years in the planning  master plan?
This team are good enough to get us back to league 1, its just the stadium cant sustain league 1 football.

Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #22723 on: August 25, 2018, 18:56:21 pm »

We will still be in league 2 in a very basic unfit for purpose ground that can only attract 6400 of our target 300,000 catchment, no corporate boxes to cater for local buisneses and sponsors to support thier local professional football club, no large supporters bar to encourage and welcome new supporters etc, etc.
After this great win,  it might be a good time for Thomas to either bury some bad news (nbc not freely handing out free land, lawyers slow with dotting i's and crossed t's, usual stuff)  or he could completely surprise us all and finally  reveal his 3 years in the planning  master plan?
This team are good enough to get us back to league 1, its just the stadium cant sustain league 1 football.

Will you be commenting on the match tread today expressing your joy at our first win of the season? Onward and upwards  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22724 on: August 25, 2018, 19:00:42 pm »

so all the negative nellies.......take some time and tell me EXACTLY why KT is a good thing for NTFC and is not just in it for himself and how he is doing a great job of running our club.

I am sure admin put up a warning about people slipping into defamation mode.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #22725 on: August 25, 2018, 19:40:24 pm »

I have to ask this. Did you voice your disdain publicly for Sixfields when we moved in back in 94' or did you as I would think all of us see it as an enormous step up from the County Ground?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22726 on: August 25, 2018, 20:04:36 pm »

Will you be commenting on the match tread today expressing your joy at our first win of the season? Onward and upwards  Grin
Ive seen 4 from six so far but had to work today so followed just brief updates on twitter so not in a position to comment but loving the reports of crooks continued good form, Van Veen looking dangerous,  Cornell proving worthy no1, good performances from both Bridge and Waters giving DA a lot more options..Without doubt we have a top 7 team that deserve to play at a worthy stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22727 on: August 25, 2018, 20:47:13 pm »

I have to ask this. Did you voice your disdain publicly for Sixfields when we moved in back in 94' or did you as I would think all of us see it as an enormous step up from the County Ground?
You really miss the point time and time again, Back in 94 the premiership had just began and football started a revolutionary  journey on professionalism that increased attendances and all other matchday revenues  at most clubs by  3 or 4 fold.
We were given a massive boost making Sixfields our home at a time we could barely survive in the league so it gave us a foothold into the modern football phenomenon, its was reconised immediately that we would have to expand and improve the ground 24 years ago in order to take the next step, but not only have we not moved on one jot in all these years, we actually had a chairman who is paid  to build up the clubs profile and improve  infrastructure come out with the biggest load of nonsense in the clubs 120 year history, he said, we as a league 1 club with a potential  300,000 catchment that only 6400 can ever watch a game at one time and zero corporate facilities.. was  'Sixfields is all right for now' but like always it wasnt and we were promptly relegated even after ignoring  warnings as to what would happen if they tried to buck the trend,  they were then forced to throw good money after bad trying to undo the Sixfields revenge.😂 continual lack of seeking  investment and deliberate playing down our needs at little Sixfields has denied the town and county a progressive professional club with real ambitions.
I'm  hoping he now realises we aren't the little back water club he portrayed us as and sells up quickly to give us a chance.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 20:51:39 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #22728 on: August 25, 2018, 20:53:05 pm »

u r having a larf CW, I good result in 5 and back in league 2 mate if u had forgotten

don't need to go into the other stuff like no east stand, land leases etc etc do i now still as u live in Mid Scotland suppose Sixfields and Northampton seems like luxury to you

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #22729 on: August 25, 2018, 21:11:13 pm »

You really miss the point time and time again, Back in 94 the premiership had just began and football started a revolutionary  journey on professionalism that increased attendances and all other matchday revenues  at most clubs by  3 or 4 fold.
We were given a massive boost making Sixfields our home at a time we could barely survive in the league so it gave us a foothold into the modern football phenomenon, its was reconised immediately that we would have to expand and improve the ground 24 years ago in order to take the next step, but not only have we not moved on one jot in all these years, we actually had a chairman who is paid  to build up the clubs profile and improve  infrastructure come out with the biggest load of nonsense in the clubs 120 year history, he said, we as a league 1 club with a potential  300,000 catchment that only 6400 can ever watch a game at one time and zero corporate facilities.. was  'Sixfields is all right for now' but like always it wasnt and we were promptly relegated even after ignoring  warnings as to what would happen if they tried to buck the trend,  they were then forced to throw good money after bad trying to undo the Sixfields revenge. continual lack of seeking  investment and deliberate playing down our needs at little Sixfields has denied the town and county a progressive professional club with real ambitions.
I'm  hoping he now realises we aren't the little back water club he portrayed us as and sells up quickly to give us a chance.

No. As usual it is you who fails to answer the question time and time again. You obviously do not have the courage of your convictions. Until such time as you have may I sugest you STFU.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #22730 on: August 26, 2018, 00:43:23 am »

No. As usual it is you who fails to answer the question time and time again. You obviously do not have the courage of your convictions. Until such time as you have may I sugest you STFU.

No chance of that.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2934

« Reply #22731 on: August 26, 2018, 04:13:36 am »

No. Personally I was hugely disappointed watching Sixfields being built, I kept asking myself when the second tier was going on, then realised that's all we were getting, I hoped it was only a temporary stop gap, but sadly no.

I'll say this again, there are only 4 out of 68 (5.9%) stadiums in the leagues above us that are less well equipped, that tells the true story whatever the annoying argumentative shits on here post. Someone trying to defend the indefensible even posted improving the stadium might put the club at risk! Can you believe that? We've been skint and in court more times than most clubs, hardly a model of sufficiency to other clubs.

When I started going in '81 we were in the lower reaches of Division 4 with a dilapidated but much loved 17,500 capacity ground.

What has happened in 36 years?
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #22732 on: August 26, 2018, 08:20:55 am »

EiS -I don’t think many if any of the  argumentative sh!ts disagree - personally I was horrified at an initial plan of just 4500 (West stand the same as the old East one).

The reality is that Sixfields is poor stadium and certainly in the bottom half of the two leagues we permently reside in. (People will of course argue for hours on how bad it is on here)

What I object to is firstly the singling out of KT as the complete villain of the piece along with fans that don’t join in the persistent (but without substance) vitriol churned out by certain individuals

That is far from defending the indefensible about the characterless and basic  stadium we currently inhabit but the reality of football financing is you need a combination of a community (even outside football) and some serious private investment to achieve what I believe we all want.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #22733 on: August 26, 2018, 09:04:37 am »

EiS -I don’t think many if any of the  argumentative sh!ts disagree - personally I was horrified at an initial plan of just 4500 (West stand the same as the old East one).

The reality is that Sixfields is poor stadium and certainly in the bottom half of the two leagues we permently reside in. (People will of course argue for hours on how bad it is on here)

What I object to is firstly the singling out of KT as the complete villain of the piece along with fans that don’t join in the persistent (but without substance) vitriol churned out by certain individuals

That is far from defending the indefensible about the characterless and basic  stadium we currently inhabit but the reality of football financing is you need a combination of a community (even outside football) and some serious private investment to achieve what I believe we all want.
Sorry CW but if you don't want KT being criticised then he should have kept his mouth shut about £4m ring fenced for the east stand, Sixfields is now looking very tired indeed, broken windows, paint peeling of the pillars on the outside of the west, you get the impression that no one gives a toss!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest1269

« Reply #22734 on: August 26, 2018, 10:22:18 am »

Sorry CW but if you don't want KT being criticised then he should have kept his mouth shut about £4m ring fenced for the east stand, Sixfields is now looking very tired indeed, broken windows, paint peeling of the pillars on the outside of the west, you get the impression that no one gives a toss!

I’m no saying KT is beyond criticism - and lack of action in the next few weeks will justify that being stepped up what I cannot agree with is the vilification of one individual when NTFC has had decades of neglect. What some individuals seem incapable of understanding is that lack of message board criticism does not mean approval of a situation or a love in to the said individual (such insults are as purile as some of the more vitriolic accusations against KT) - therefore a more measured approach is to understand what you actually can change of influence for the better seems to be the more sensible approach.

I think 99% of all of us want the same thing - a smaller percentage want to say the same thing again and again but an even smaller percentage seem to have much more of a personal issue/chip on their shoulder over this matter.

I agree by the way Sixfields is looking particularly tired these days......

Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #22735 on: August 26, 2018, 10:30:06 am »

Sixfields is now looking very tired indeed, broken windows, paint peeling of the pillars on the outside of the west, you get the impression that no one gives a toss!
Are there broken windows, where are these?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #22736 on: August 26, 2018, 10:30:45 am »

I’m no saying KT is beyond criticism - and lack of action in the next few weeks will justify that being stepped up what I cannot agree with is the vilification of one individual when NTFC has had decades of neglect. What some individuals seem incapable of understanding is that lack of message board criticism does not mean approval of a situation or a love in to the said individual (such insults are as purile as some of the more vitriolic accusations against KT) - therefore a more measured approach is to understand what you actually can change of influence for the better seems to be the more sensible approach.

I think 99% of all of us want the same thing - a smaller percentage want to say the same thing again and again but an even smaller percentage seem to have much more of a personal issue/chip on their shoulder over this matter.

I agree by the way Sixfields is looking particularly tired these days......

Bang on.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #22737 on: August 26, 2018, 11:04:58 am »

The reality is that Sixfields is poor stadium....

Agree, but I've never criticised KT!

I was simply pointing out that in 30 odd years the club has not progressed at all. Despite perfect opportunities to capitalise on surges of support, ie Wembley visits etc again the stadium has held us back as before. Some here argue we don't need anything better but the fact 96% of stadiums in the top 3 divisions are both greater in capacity and better equipped for sponsorship and matchday hospitality tells it all. We've just continued to have chancers, beggars and thieves as owners as that's all we'll get until something drastic happens and that all hinges with the stadium and land, not what team enters the park.

Before Bradford, the CG was a lot more entertaining to go and watch football than Sixfields has ever been. We've gone nowhere!

In all it's splendour....

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #22738 on: August 26, 2018, 11:30:59 am »

Are there broken windows, where are these?

On the West Stand concourse.....someone has obviously thrown bricks onto them and a few are damaged.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #22739 on: August 26, 2018, 12:30:54 pm »

Agree, but I've never criticised KT!

I was simply pointing out that in 30 odd years the club has not progressed at all. Despite perfect opportunities to capitalise on surges of support, ie Wembley visits etc again the stadium has held us back as before. Some here argue we don't need anything better but the fact 96% of stadiums in the top 3 divisions are both greater in capacity and better equipped for sponsorship and matchday hospitality tells it all. We've just continued to have chancers, beggars and thieves as owners as that's all we'll get until something drastic happens and that all hinges with the stadium and land, not what team enters the park.

Before Bradford, the CG was a lot more entertaining to go and watch football than Sixfields has ever been. We've gone nowhere!

In all it's splendour....

Exiled, I think your memory is selective about the County Ground.  It was an awful dump and had only 3 sides.  Remember the Meccano Stand?  Much loved my ........  The final years at the CG were desperate with gates averaging around 2,000 and were dropping yera after year to the point where we were more likely than not to disappear as an EFL club.

Sixfields is an improvement but it isn't great to say the least and most would agree with that.  The worry is that the present ownership shows every sign of having no interest in ground redevelopment. If they did we would have seen the plans but I doubt very much that they exist.  At the moment they can fall back on the slowness and ineptitude of the Council but even that shambolic organisation has to get its act together before long and then KT will be in the corner unless he manages to sell on which is clearly his present plan.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: