The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:04:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821894 times)
Another Pedj

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #22760 on: August 27, 2018, 19:05:49 pm »

I think even the most ardent supporter of the present ownership will accept that a satisfactory redevelopment of Sixfields taking place under their ownership or even being started looks to be very remote. It is widely believed that the club is on the market and so a sale could be announced at any time.  That supporters will have no say about the identity of the new owners is a major issue and any reliance on the EFL protecting supporters’ interests is fatuous.  Ask the supporters of Blackpool, Charlton & Coventry what the EFL has done for them.

Our concern has to be that the club is sold on to opportunistic property developers disguised as football supporters.  If KT/DB are also trying to sell CDNL to potential club buyers we have to be at risk again.  The irony of the situation is that the shambles that is the East Stand may be an obstacle to anyone considering the acquisition. The danger is that realising this our owners eventually act to spend the bare minimum necessary to put the premises in a sellable condition and disappear into the sunset.  We will be left with no prospect of having a stadium befitting a town the size of Northampton and its extensive catchment area.  History has a nasty habit of repeating itself.

Well I disagree. KTs is the most realistic proposal for the development of the ground.

For Months we had Beds spouting on about a group of local businessmen willing to take us on, just waiting on the opportunity to turn our ground and the club into a Champioship set up. kT just had to move over. kT places the club on the market and then what'? Nothing!

An offer of approx 4million will secure the club. It's,according to posters on here a no brainier. championship football is a relative formality and prosperity will follow.Where are these local Businessman now, having been given their opportunity?

Time to put up or shut up
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22761 on: August 27, 2018, 19:09:49 pm »

Well I disagree. KTs is the most realistic proposal for the development of the ground.

For Months we had Beds spouting on about a group of local businessmen willing to take us on, just waiting on the opportunity to turn our ground and the club into a Champioship set up. kT just had to move over. kT places the club on the market and then what'? Nothing!

An offer of approx 4million will secure the club. It's,according to posters on here a no brainier. championship football is a relative formality and prosperity will follow.Where are these local Businessman now, having been given their opportunity?

Time to put up or shut up

Come in Random, NTFC calling!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22762 on: August 28, 2018, 06:50:09 am »

Just a couple of questions. One of them I have been waiting for an answer to for months... where did KT say he had four million pounds ring fenced? I can clearly recall him stating that as a ball park figure for the East stand when asked about projected costs. But can’t recall any public meeting, newspaper article, or any other source of this widely touted statement “we have four million pounds ring fenced”. That’s the question I have asked you, Randon and Manwork to address for some months now. Please let me know where it is. Then I will ask him in person about why he has not acted on it.

Whilst you’re at it, you could perhaps point me in the direction to where KT stated, as you say, he has no long term interest in the club.

Thanks.
In one of the first interviews he gave he definatly  mentions £4m and it was ready to go or something to that effect, which led us to believe that was the case, anyway if they didn't have a pot they  would not have got the club in the first place?
I never expected them to leave a penny peice in the club so £4m or £4 whats it matter?
As for , let me give it a name 'project cobblers' he clearly said it was a short to mid term project and recently said he now needs to have more time with family... at no time did he say he was in it for the long haul but as he is starting his 4th year, back in the basement division, looks like hes stuck with us for a while yet.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 06:51:57 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22763 on: August 28, 2018, 07:07:23 am »

And another thing, had he stated they had no money to invest but wanting to gradually build up the club in a steady sustsinable manner involving and working closely and openly with the whole town and catchment of Northampton to involve buisneses, sponsors, investment etc, etc to get the infrastructure right and befitting a town our size.. ..
We would be light years away from where we are now..and a lot more sellable😉

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22764 on: August 28, 2018, 07:34:10 am »

Just a couple of questions. One of them I have been waiting for an answer to for months... where did KT say he had four million pounds ring fenced? I can clearly recall him stating that as a ball park figure for the East stand when asked about projected costs. But can’t recall any public meeting, newspaper article, or any other source of this widely touted statement “we have four million pounds ring fenced”. That’s the question I have asked you, Randon and Manwork to address for some months now. Please let me know where it is. Then I will ask him in person about why he has not acted on it.

Whilst you’re at it, you could perhaps point me in the direction to where KT stated, as you say, he has no long term interest in the club.

Thanks.

Not sure he said he had £4million ring-fenced to finish the stand exclusively. The interesting interview was with the BBC after the takeover.

He said "We think we're going to spend £4 million pounds in investing in the future, by finishing the stand by the working capital etc" (3.36 in)

He also said regarding being the 'only bid in the room to take over the club'

"No absolutely not, the reality is if you'd told a lot of people the deal that we ended up with, there would have been 50 people in the room"  (2 mins in)

Cardoza claimed in court the club was traded for a pound.

So it seems reasonable that some fans, with a vacuum of other information, want Thomas and Bower to honour this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34938496

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #22765 on: August 28, 2018, 07:53:51 am »

There you go last sentence....
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11750/10079475/kelvin-thomas-completes-takeover-of-northampton-town
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #22766 on: August 28, 2018, 08:00:24 am »

Thank you to you and Meccano. Seeing that has led to me removing and revising a post I put up.

From what I can see he was quite clear on what he wanted to see back then. We all know it has hit obstacles and issues since then. However, it would appear he needs to do something soon. Having looked at that again, time is very much of the essence....
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #22767 on: August 28, 2018, 14:38:06 pm »

I have made my offer Everbrite, again I don't understand how you and many others are happy that KT gained control for £167k on the basis of promising to spend £4m

Even if he accepted my offer it wouldn't include the large pieces of land he snaffled from NBC / NTFC

I would be very interested to know exactly how much he has put in v how much he has taken out (Holmes, Chinese etc)

Obviously I am not paying for his awful managerial choices and the lack of a plan that made their jobs even harder

You think it is ok for KT to benefit £10m + on the back of delivering a few signs and an extra hole in the bog door, whilst removing the Trust from the board and having us in a lower position than when he took over?

I have taken the time to answer you everbrite, now please do me the courtesy of replying to my direct question above

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #22768 on: August 28, 2018, 14:39:01 pm »

Let me know what he says then Hammy, assume you will be asking him very soon, as even your timescale is running out

Cheers mate
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #22769 on: August 28, 2018, 15:24:17 pm »

Do you seriously think that anybody would have been happy, with a stadium at Brackmills? In the @rse end of nowhere? On a **** industrial estate, outside of town. I dont think so.

Brackmills probably wouldn't have looked much different to Sixfields today with pubs, cinema, restaurants etc. Close to J15 (instead of 15a), much of a muchness. Could have played the same time as the Saints too. I actually like the current location though and it wasn't an excuse not to build something a little more ambitious, remembering we were comparing it to one of the worst grounds in the country at the time.
Ikea at Grange Park, the infamous bus station site, the market square and fountain, the town show, St Peters Way magic roundabout....it'd be a long list!
The council have never been renowned for their decision making. 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #22770 on: August 28, 2018, 18:13:15 pm »

You think it is ok for KT to benefit £10m + on the back of delivering a few signs and an extra hole in the bog door, whilst removing the Trust from the board and having us in a lower position than when he took over?

I have taken the time to answer you everbrite, now please do me the courtesy of replying to my direct question above

Answering your query - the fact is Random he saved us from oblivion and has clearly put some money into the club. I know this will grate with you. He hired three good managers(on the face of it) who eventually proved to be disasters. Of the three I was always apprehensive of JED. You mention that you have made an offer, but this needs clarifying as I suspect we are at cross purposes! This £10m you have mentioned is this an unfounded estimate, a guess or even a 'fact' Smiley ? I am not sure about your claim that he has left us in a lower position from that when he took over! I mean you ignore the fact that he took over in November 2016?  and we are now in early doors August so comparison of league position is a bit naff.

The only thing I can agree on is KT should by now: a) Announce his plans for the East Stand, or sight of actual plans  and b) if the lease situation is signed and complete/agreed between all parties. Basically I dont support your ongoing  anti KT/NTFC agenda.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 18:15:10 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #22771 on: August 28, 2018, 18:41:38 pm »

Thanks EB but I have to disagree with you! What a surprise

He DID NOT f***ING save us from oblivion, there were at least 2 local groups trying to get involved but NBC did the deal with him because he said he had £4m to invest immediately

I offered to buy the shares for the sum he paid for them

Yes the £10m is a guess but he you say £4m he wants for the club plus the 10 acres or so of land must be worth at least £6m

You say clearly he has put money in but you seem to forget that the club generates much of it's own income. He also received funds for RH and Chinese lot plus Championship winning bonuses and profit

Again 3 good managers is almost useless with no goals and plans to take the club forward, especially starting from our low base.

He hasn't announce plans for the East because IMHO he hasn't been forced to, so won't, also clear that he has no intention to because a: he hasnt in 3 years, b: has claimed club doesn't need to be developed c: doesn't want to be here

October 2015 wasn't it? Pretty sure we were 6th ??   Ok only few games played but we are not exactly showing signs of having a good season are we

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #22772 on: August 28, 2018, 18:50:06 pm »

KT is a very shrewd man who can bulsh1t the weak minded with ease, he has no fooking intention of extending Sixfields and to be fair to him has actually come out and said the same.
Random is perfectly correct when he says the were other options but they were rescue acts and the council didn't have time to do the due diligence on these other options and went for KT and his  Grin £4m.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #22773 on: August 28, 2018, 20:04:07 pm »

Basically I dont support your ongoing  anti KT/NTFC agenda.

My view is that 99.9 % of Cobblers fans would agree with you.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #22774 on: August 28, 2018, 21:13:33 pm »

I offered to buy the shares for the sum he paid for them
And exactly,how much did you offer?

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #22775 on: August 28, 2018, 21:37:45 pm »

And exactly,how much did you offer?

Presumably you are surprised as I am that Random portrays himself as a potential buyer of the Club/shares. AFAIK he has never revealed this before - if you have Random please supply the link.

PS Random - thanks for correcting take over date by KT - how time flies!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 21:43:35 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #22776 on: August 29, 2018, 06:39:28 am »

Random is perfectly correct when he says the were other options but they were rescue acts and the council didn't have time to do the due diligence on these other options and went for KT and his  Grin £4m.

IMHO only partially correct on the other options - certainly there was at least one (named) interested party although I'm not sure of the second, but as MW says this was only a rescue package and I recall the group themselves admitted they did not have the resources to sustain any long term future - therefore not really an option as sooner or later (Probably sooner) the club would still have ended up being owned by a money man. Although the initial 11th hour threat to the club was actually HMRC not the council clearly the latter were very much involved and wanted to rescue as much as possible from a situation of gross incompetence they had presided over. Also as MW says there is probably no doubt that KT presented the most credible (indeed the only) offer a panicking body was likely to accept.

The somewhat abstract point I'm making here is Random is very quick to condemn KT for employing 3 sh!te managers when he had no future plan for the club but shouldn't he really be condemning the council for appointing a sh!te owner (his opinion), when they had no plan and a somewhat feeble due diligence process?     
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #22777 on: August 29, 2018, 06:57:07 am »

KT is a very shrewd man who can bulsh1t the weak minded with ease, he has no fooking intention of extending Sixfields and to be fair to him has actually come out and said the same.

They didn't have time to do due diligence on a £10m loan.
I'd almost forgotten we'd got an owner but I don't think there is a lot of future with him. Just got to hope he gets a decent deal done if/when someone comes along. Maybe they'll have more luck picking managers too.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22778 on: August 29, 2018, 07:10:56 am »

Still think the deal should involve the Saints. They get Sixfields and the athletics track for a landmark stadium + some enabling development around, Buckingham get the contract to build that. We get Franklins Gardens with possibly a bit more to pay them. That would be the deal that ticks a lot of boxes. That sort of land with good transport link for their hefty fanbase is at a premium in the Town.

Or Saints sell Franklins Gardens and build a back to back stadium at Sixfields and together create a landmark sporting complex that would provide a positive legacy to the whole mess. Saints presence would multiply the value of any enabling monies on wider land. We get a better stadium out of it. If Kelvin could pull off either of those two then fair play to him.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:24:31 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #22779 on: August 29, 2018, 09:37:19 am »

Exactly my point CW, KT presented the best case as he said he would spend £4m which he clearly hasn't and won't.
The other parties were short term but at least they would have NTFC best interests being as they were life long fans. The Trust could have partnered with whoever and retained a controlling share. That is what should have happened.
Sorry but as far as I am concerned we are back at square one minus the land, which puts us in a much worse position. KT is now trying to sell us for millions, this will not benefit NTFC as it is highly likely to be overseas buyer who thinks he is buying a club on the cheap JUST outside London or someone else cleaning up their money

My offer for the shares is what KT paid for them .... £1.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: