The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:23:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820416 times)
tcobb, DustonCobbler, Tabasco Kid, RChurch, Manwork04 and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22800 on: August 30, 2018, 07:32:10 am »

I find the analogy of the Saints by Beds a little curious in respect of his vision for NTFC.
When I first started watching football the saints were a chicken sh!t of a club - amateur in every respect. Two things happened then the game turned professional attracting the money men - the saints were lucky in the one they attracted one who genuinely loved the game and the club - hence the agreed fairly impressive FG - but don’t give the impression the club was somehow built by the fans 3/4 of them don’t even know the rules of the game, a good percentage **** off to the bars 10 minutes before half time and emerge back 20 minutes into the second half and a further percentage support rugby because of an inert snobbery that it somehow elevates their social standing compared to unwashed football supporters.

I don’t wish another Northampton sporting club ill and there are a hard core of genuine supporters that have had some fantastic seasons in a good stadium  but the reality is they got lucky with both timing and  Barwell -  fair play to them for that.

The problem with a club built by a money man is at some point it runs out or there is a guy down the road at another club with more money and success declines. Unfortunately without the money man it doesn’t happen in the first place.
You over look that they made a profit a dozen years running generated by fans turning up and not being solely reliant on money men.
While the ground was built using loans etc from rich benefactors, it paid them back over time.
Had they had our owners they wouldve been stuck
back in time playing in a ramshackle little ground that would be 'alright for now'
I fully expect us to one day having a similar decent, must visit stadium thats also sustainable.
We just need to avoid owners who have no ambitions for our club.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:20:27 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #22801 on: August 30, 2018, 07:41:45 am »

Go on then, tell me why you dont think its one of the best  purpose built stadium around?

you said it was one of the best sporting venues in the country

put simply - it isnt

no point going into all the flaws in the rest of your statement

and even if it is (which it isnt) - they recorded a loss last year as they didnt invest in the team when everyone else is, hence they had a terrible season and people stopped going to watch them
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22802 on: August 30, 2018, 10:23:23 am »

you said it was one of the best sporting venues in the country

put simply - it isnt

no point going into all the flaws in the rest of your statement

and even if it is (which it isnt) - they recorded a loss last year as they didnt invest in the team when everyone else is, hence they had a terrible season and people stopped going to watch them
using the same criteria name 5 better? There will be many that tick some boxes but fall short at a lot of others
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #22803 on: August 30, 2018, 10:44:07 am »

using the same criteria name 5 better? There will be many that tick some boxes but fall short at a lot of others

name 5 better using your made up criteria which don't even all apply to the saints ground?

Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #22804 on: August 30, 2018, 11:10:19 am »

Its about quality of ground and it working well for the club and not so biggest  attendance. The saints will budget for say 14000 average gates in and all singing and dancing stadium with everything going for it.. thats what makes it one of the best club ground of any sport.

But it doesn't have a 3000 bank of terracing behind each goal so it must be tinpot.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22805 on: August 30, 2018, 11:19:21 am »

But it doesn't have a 3000 bank of terracing behind each goal so it must be tinpot.
Just a standing terrace running the full length in front of the carlsberg /tetley stand as asked for by club members 😉 You must've forgotten that😂
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #22806 on: August 30, 2018, 11:28:45 am »

I have to agree to a certain extent with Beds, Franklins Gardens is a great stadium, to say its one of the best in the country is pushing it but its certainly one I think the Saints and town can be proud of. It does have its issues though, someone mentioned about leaving 10 mins before half time and returning 20 mins later, from my experience that is quick for getting served a pint there!
If offered the stadium tomorrow I would take it, but we don't need a 15,000 seater stadium yet (ducks) but would like to see a stadium like that developed over time in a sustainable way
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #22807 on: August 30, 2018, 11:51:45 am »

Just a standing terrace running the full length in front of the carlsberg /tetley stand as asked for by club members 😉 You must've forgotten that😂

Not forgotten that at all and in fact I think the way their terracing is done makes it much better than a cheap looking concrete bank at each end.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22808 on: August 30, 2018, 13:14:22 pm »

Not forgotten that at all and in fact I think the way their terracing is done makes it much better than a cheap looking concrete bank at each end.
Nothing cheap looking about a bank of terracing, thing of beauty that attracts fans by improved atmosphere.
Also its affordable and would give us what we require,  a professional looking ground with spare capacity to grow into.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #22809 on: August 30, 2018, 13:19:37 pm »

All about opinions.

The terracing at the Gardens looks much much better than a bog standard concrete stand could.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #22810 on: August 30, 2018, 14:21:49 pm »

I've just driven past Sixfields and I have the pleasure to announce that Re-Development HAS STARTED.
Those going Saturday WILL notice a difference!
It's a pleasure to begin the end of this thread!
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #22811 on: August 30, 2018, 14:32:11 pm »

I've just driven past Sixfields and I have the pleasure to announce that Re-Development HAS STARTED.
Those going Saturday WILL notice a difference!

Are they replacing the advertising banner across the back of the east?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #22812 on: August 30, 2018, 18:21:00 pm »

This thread will never end..
For starters, theres an upcoming court verdict, that should be good for multiple posts, whichever way it goes.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #22813 on: August 30, 2018, 20:40:11 pm »

Beds is to this thread, what Nigel Farage was to the BREXIT campaign!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #22814 on: August 30, 2018, 20:42:06 pm »

Sorry about another thread regards redevelopment!

The club currently have a job going for box office and CRM manager, nothing really interesting in that! However in the job description the following job role requirements are listed:-

c) Working with the club Chairman on how ticketing and stadium entry will work post re-development.
d) Look at costs and benefits of implementing an access control system into the stadium. Looking at avenues open to increasing matchday revenue and cost savings by having a full or part system in place.

Am I reading too much into this, or doe this mean the stadium work is not far from kicking off???
Patt has some news!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #22815 on: August 30, 2018, 22:22:02 pm »

Finally!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #22816 on: August 31, 2018, 11:07:49 am »

Are they replacing the advertising banner across the back of the east?

No... They’re putting up new huge one on the West...
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #22817 on: August 31, 2018, 11:10:18 am »

No... They’re putting up new huge one on the West...

PTS related I'm sure.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #22818 on: August 31, 2018, 11:54:45 am »

Patt has some news!  Grin
Just about the only factual thing on this thread in the last three years!
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22819 on: August 31, 2018, 14:09:30 pm »

Just about the only factual thing on this thread in the last three years!

Behave.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: