The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:30:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 [1148] 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820569 times)
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #22940 on: September 15, 2018, 19:52:37 pm »

Grin

I love a rumour. Difference is some people seem to take rumours as fact.

Some also think that if they keep repeating the same Bollocks it magically becomes FACT.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22941 on: September 15, 2018, 21:59:03 pm »

No more desperate than the 1000+ pages of this thread. Or Twitter shyte, or Facebook cr@p. Take your pick.

The desperation comes, when people really believe they are listened to anywhere other than in their own head.
The desperation to believe a rumour is born from lack of information which is being withheld on a need to know basis..ie we the supporters of Northampton town need not know what Thomas and co are up to, so we guess and  have probably guessed right😉
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 22:01:46 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #22942 on: September 15, 2018, 22:13:17 pm »

The desperation to believe a rumour is born from lack of information which is being withheld on a need to know basis..ie we the supporters of Northampton town need not know what Thomas and co are up to, so we guess and  have probably guessed right😉

No. Apparently YOU need to know. I don't need to know.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #22943 on: September 15, 2018, 23:52:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure if you fire enough bullets sooner or later you’ll hit the target.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #22944 on: September 16, 2018, 08:18:18 am »

No more desperate than the 1000+ pages of this thread. Or Twitter shyte, or Facebook cr@p. Take your pick.

The desperation comes, when people really believe they are listened to anywhere other than in their own head.
Probably wouldn’t be a 1000+ if you hadn’t contributed so often  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #22945 on: September 16, 2018, 10:12:18 am »

Well.. your post ratio is already higher than mine.

I never mentioned how often you post. My comment was about how serious you take yourself, or whether or not you have idea what’s actually going on. I’m the first to admit I know nothing about the East stand, any takeover, or indeed running a football club.

I’m a supporter of NTFC. Nothing more..
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22946 on: September 17, 2018, 07:03:20 am »

If there was a takeover would you want a partnership a la 5 U Sports and KT as chairman or a new broom?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22947 on: September 17, 2018, 07:11:13 am »

You are on thin ice with that throw away comment!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #22948 on: September 17, 2018, 07:43:21 am »

If there was a takeover would you want a partnership a la 5 U Sports and KT as chairman or a new broom?

I would want a new broom, I don't think KT is interested, we need someone in who wants to take us on to develop a club and not have anything to do with the surrounding land.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #22949 on: September 17, 2018, 07:58:07 am »

I would want a new broom, I don't think KT is interested, we need someone in who wants to take us on to develop a club and not have anything to do with the surrounding land.

Grin Grin

Do you really think someone would come in just to develop the club with no interest in any land? You've got no chance mate.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
« Reply #22950 on: September 17, 2018, 08:15:03 am »

Grin Grin

Do you really think someone would come in just to develop the club with no interest in any land? You've got no chance mate.

I really hope I am wrong and just thinking the worst, but I think KT and partners wanted the leases for the lands around and not the club, they have them now so are just looking to off load us. So whoever takes it on will not have the land around to develop. In which case we get someone who has a death wish and wants to own a football club, or we as fans have to do something with fan ownership.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #22951 on: September 17, 2018, 08:22:36 am »

If I had a spare £10m, I wouldn't 'invest' in any football club unless I was prepared to not see it again.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22952 on: September 17, 2018, 08:24:43 am »

I really hope I am wrong and just thinking the worst, but I think KT and partners wanted the leases for the lands around and not the club, they have them now so are just looking to off load us. So whoever takes it on will not have the land around to develop. In which case we get someone who has a death wish and wants to own a football club, or we as fans have to do something with fan ownership.
If so the council have done a great job again for the club
Firstly lend £10M without the correct checks and then sell off the clubs assets to someone without redeveloping the ground.
This leaves the club with no land assets and a in a position worse than when the ground opened a couple of decades back?

Is this right?
Surely it can’t be?
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
« Reply #22953 on: September 17, 2018, 09:11:34 am »

Shoey, it is just me guessing, I don't have any reason to believe that is the case, I am just suggesting a reason why the next owner may be someone who would be in it for the football not the land around.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #22954 on: September 17, 2018, 09:30:48 am »

Shoey, it is just me guessing, I don't have any reason to believe that is the case, I am just suggesting a reason why the next owner may be someone who would be in it for the football not the land around.

Any sale will include the football club and the land. No one in their right minds would purchase the football club alone.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #22955 on: September 17, 2018, 09:42:20 am »

If I had a spare £10m, I wouldn't 'invest' in any football club unless I was prepared to not see it again.

This is the point which so many people miss. The word 'investment' should never be used when it comes to football, certainly not below the top few spots in the premier league thats for sure. And even at that level, to compete with their rivals they have to spend 100million plus these days on a single player!

For me, Id like us to either go down the local consortium route (I know its not been successful in the past but perhaps it would if we had someone like Stephen Griggs involved in it for the hobby), my 2nd option would be fan owned. I certainly wouldn't put my name forward to become a director though, I've a clean credit rating and want it to stay that way! And that there lies the problem that those who want that to happen do not really consider. Running a business without any real idea as to what the income levels are going to be is nigh on impossible, and budgeting at the low end would ultimately mean a crap team! And then low gates, low income, relegation etc would follow suit.

If KT is trying to off load the club, and not the land...any individual would have to stomach a million pound loss just to get through this season. Why would they do that? Im not making that number up, thats what he told me and its quite obvious really given the players we have on the books.

I suspect he will flog the whole lot to someone and they can get a kick back off of the land. Whether the Football Club benefits from it, it all depends on who the individual/group is. And its totally out of our hands.

Id be very surprised if KT does anything with the ground himself; I've maintained that ever since the Chinese debacle. People need to accept that until the ownership issue is resolved, then we are in limbo. To be fair to KT, he also sanctioned a handful of signings in the summer, including a few quid to buy a striker. He hasn't neglected the team. The damage was done when the Chinese money was spent on a load of expensive donkey's who we are now stuck with.

These last 2 years cannot be blamed on lack of investment. Just extremely poor management.

Off piste, I know (thread)!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #22956 on: September 17, 2018, 10:07:05 am »

So in a nutshell the club without the land is free to a good home. Substantial running costs and next to no assets. Don’t all rush at once.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #22957 on: September 17, 2018, 10:10:12 am »

We remain a good project for someone minted who fancies a hobby. Just need to hire competent staff for it to tick over.

Still, ruins are cheaper to buy so you'll see more interest if we go to the wall. But I guess league status has some value.

I agree Shane that the consortium route or fan ownership seem sensible but both are yet to show their hands. Losses will be a stumbling block.

There are various reasons why people acquire clubs, an investment is just one you'll have to use your imagination for the rest.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:12:30 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #22958 on: September 17, 2018, 10:59:28 am »

That's the reason why KT (or anyone) will not purchase or spend a substantial amount on the club until they have a means to at least get some sort of return on the outlay. (in the current case the land).  I don't know how much KT has already put into the club, but it is a reasonable guess that it is more than the £4m that was mentioned when he took over.
If/when the land is confirmed, I anticipate that he will either sell it with the land or immediately develop it in order to start getting some of his outlay returned, or at least to arrest the current outgoings.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22959 on: September 17, 2018, 11:35:56 am »

So you’re saying in the event of the club being sold the land will go with it as a package
That’s a relief as I was concerned KT could get planning permission for the land start building on it and basically wash his hands of the club.

My mind is at rest.......
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 [1148] 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: