The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 07:04:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 ... 2198   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1841296 times)
guest3230

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #23040 on: September 20, 2018, 18:09:39 pm »

If there had been no speculation on social media and football forums you wouldn't have heard a dickie bird from him today would you?

A fair point.

In short we aren't doing the East Stand.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23041 on: September 20, 2018, 18:10:06 pm »

Are the Trust in a position to pass the information on the plans to the supporters?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3063

« Reply #23042 on: September 20, 2018, 18:23:18 pm »

If there had been no speculation on social media and football forums you wouldn't have heard a dickie bird from him today would you?

True.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23043 on: September 20, 2018, 19:33:51 pm »

That kind of thing tends to happen when you’re treated like mushrooms and the club is drifting listlessly.

A little bit like the country then  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #23044 on: September 20, 2018, 20:27:30 pm »

I would personally rather see any work on the east stand held off until the club is either sold or new partners are brought on board and hopefully then we can see the stand completed properly which would involve the removal of the existing steel work and roof and building the stadium backwards to accommodate more seating and a full row of boxes at the top of the stand.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23045 on: September 20, 2018, 20:41:42 pm »

He also said not to pay any attention to social media and football forums because the information is mostly incorrect. I wonder why he comes to that conclusion  Grin
He’s right, they are full to the brim with fans. You should never pay any attention to them, everyone knows that?
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #23046 on: September 20, 2018, 20:44:53 pm »

I would personally rather see any work on the east stand held off until the club is either sold or new partners are brought on board

You're in luck!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23047 on: September 20, 2018, 20:54:38 pm »

He’s right, they are full to the brim with fans. You should never pay any attention to them, everyone knows that?

Quite right, how dare the great unwashed actually communicate with each other regarding the club they love! Seriously though, that "update" contains absolutely nothing that he didn't say in his previous "update" weeks/months ago - like Drilling always says a great politician!
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #23048 on: September 20, 2018, 21:19:18 pm »

I think it reveals quite a bit or at least confirms what we suspected.
He’s admitted there’s no long term plans for the club and any work is to tidy up the leases and other financial stuff to make it as attractive as possible to a buyer. It’s the same as if someone tarted up their house in order to sell it.
It looks like Austin’s job is safe while they are still in control and he also admitted they didn’t want to enter into any significant player contracts so it was just a question of hanging on to what you’ve got and filling in the gaps as best he could.
I guess KT is hoping the results will tick along well enough not to put off any buyers but he’s got to appreciate a non-league club is worth very little despite their histoty and potential.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23049 on: September 20, 2018, 21:20:13 pm »

Update from Kelvin.
Bit of an anti climax. When picking the bones out of that I’ve ended up a bit confused if I am honest. Apparently, as there has been little communication lately, Kelvin felt it necessary to go on on the record and reiterate everything that has been said previously with regards to the salient points? That is apart from there are 3 interested parties, but it is not really clear what they are interested in? Buying, donating or time wasting? Call me old fashioned but I’ve often found that unless you have something to say, its better not to say anything. Unless it’s on here obviously, but only because no one will take any notice?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23050 on: September 20, 2018, 21:26:45 pm »

I think it reveals quite a bit or at least confirms what we suspected.
He’s admitted there’s no long term plans for the club and any work is to tidy up the leases and other financial stuff to make it as attractive as possible to a buyer. It’s the same as if someone tarted up their house in order to sell it.
It looks like Austin’s job is safe while they are still in control and he also admitted they didn’t want to enter into any significant player contracts so it was just a question of hanging on to what you’ve got and filling in the gaps as best he could.
I guess KT is hoping the results will tick along well enough not to put off any buyers but he’s got to appreciate a non-league club is worth very little despite their histoty and potential.

Regarding Austin’s job and results he might want to hold fire on that thought until 5pm on Saturday - if we end up getting beaten again I think things are likely to turn a bit ugly. Having said that he’ll be in his office in Florida so it’ll be whiting and Austin bearing the brunt if it does go pear shaped.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #23051 on: September 20, 2018, 21:32:39 pm »

so as I said at York away he has absolutely no intention of building the East Stand

He has basically kept us sinking along whilst he gets the leases sorted out so he can make a huge profit on his tiny investment. Again what I have said for a long time

Whilst the majority of fans sit back and wait, happy to be ripped off time and time again, only sticking their headsabove water to have a go at those who think we should be doing better.

Question for the Trust...  what are your thoughts on the crappy name of the stadium and also saddling us with it for 5 years?  Was the payment a lump sum ala DC & Centreplate?  and if so did that money remain in NTFC bank or is it another golden goodbye for KT?

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23052 on: September 20, 2018, 21:42:04 pm »

so as I said at York away he has absolutely no intention of building the East Stand

He has basically kept us sinking along whilst he gets the leases sorted out so he can make a huge profit on his tiny investment. Again what I have said for a long time

Whilst the majority of fans sit back and wait, happy to be ripped off time and time again, only sticking their headsabove water to have a go at those who think we should be doing better.

Question for the Trust...  what are your thoughts on the crappy name of the stadium and also saddling us with it for 5 years?  Was the payment a lump sum ala DC & Centreplate?  and if so did that money remain in NTFC bank or is it another golden goodbye for KT?

Genuine question, could you clarify your definition of huge profit?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23053 on: September 20, 2018, 22:05:49 pm »

Genuine question, could you clarify your definition of huge profit?

Nobody knows how much he/they have put in....apart from the £1 to take control and then the £165k to pay off the HMRC.

The club will be much more saleable if it has control of the land next to the ground, the land which went back to the council when the club defaulted on its loan.

The sale of CDNL would be what earned the money surely, as that is separate from the football club but owned by the same people.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest3114

« Reply #23054 on: September 20, 2018, 22:41:22 pm »

I am not sure who the interviewer was, but next time someone gets the opportunity to stick a microphone in KTs face, is there a possibility that can they ask some challenging questions at any point in our future? Not that I was really expecting that to happen in the most recent scenario. I suspect that was somewhat manufactured for some unknown purpose?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23055 on: September 20, 2018, 22:56:41 pm »

I am not sure who the interviewer was, but next time someone gets the opportunity to stick a microphone in KTs face, is there a possibility that can they ask some challenging questions at any point in our future? Not that I was really expecting that to happen in the most recent scenario. I suspect that was somewhat manufactured for some unknown purpose?

It sounded like he was being interviewed by Skype, interviewer here and KT over the pond. Of course it was manufactured, just to try and answer some of the rumours and speculation that he takes no notice of!

That and ticket sales are probably very poor for Saturday....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest3114

« Reply #23056 on: September 21, 2018, 00:37:59 am »

It sounded like he was being interviewed by Skype, interviewer here and KT over the pond. Of course it was manufactured, just to try and answer some of the rumours and speculation that he takes no notice of!

That and ticket sales are probably very poor for Saturday....
Well deduced, concise and perspicious conclusions Grange. Not that it was ever in doubt?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #23057 on: September 21, 2018, 04:20:08 am »

IF he will make a 'huge profit on a TINY investment' why did you not take the club over?

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #23058 on: September 21, 2018, 08:35:45 am »

What a fooking stupid question, if you don’t understand something it’s best to keep quiet 🤫
Otherwise you can look like an idiot  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #23059 on: September 21, 2018, 09:03:45 am »

Everybody wants us to do better. You are going to have to explain to me, what you have done to improve the situation, beyond stating the obvious??

What you wanted, was KT to explain what he's up to. Didn't we all?

What you wanted, was to know what's going on with the east stand. Didn't we all?

What you did about it, was fcuk all? Dindn't we all?

You tell me what options were open to us? You've spent successive months telling us what we know. The football is shyte and the redevelopment isn't happening.

I still have no axe to grind with KT. He has done what thousands of business men do every day. Ok, it's a bit more emotive because it's a football club. But like I have said all along. Getting us to a point where are even a saleable asset is ok in my books. Perhaps he did genuinely want to build the club up, but got tired of it all. Perhaps the reality of club ownership has killed off his dreams and aspirations for us. The truth is I don't know. But I know one thing. Nobody has the monopoly on wanting NTFC to be a big proud club. Most of us don't make as much noise as some on here. It doesn't mean they haven't tried to find out what going on.

Perhaps now the picture is starting to emerge; you Beds and a couple of others could show us the evidence you have of just how hard you have pushed for answers. Perhaps we could sit down and compare emails and who we've met over the last couple of years.     
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 [1153] 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 ... 2198   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: