The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:24:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 [1157] 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819436 times)
West Stand, TVOR and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23120 on: September 27, 2018, 16:05:50 pm »

They're supposed to be that shape..

Ha Ha  Grin - said gusts of wind broke the canes too. All in the brown wheelie now! Dwarf beans survived tho! I take my gardening very seriously Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23121 on: September 27, 2018, 16:08:06 pm »

Grin Grin Grin

Strange that as can never imagine you laughing at anything!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23122 on: September 27, 2018, 16:10:49 pm »

In answer to meccanostand, overall I think they have done well but there is plenty of room for improvement. I tend to look at a club like Stevenage as a model for what we could improve upon. .......................................

Sincerely hope not as they struggle to get 3k gates and 25% of that is from the oppo.

Report Spam   Logged

Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23123 on: September 27, 2018, 16:27:02 pm »

Ha Ha  Grin - said gusts of wind broke the canes too. All in the brown wheelie now! Dwarf beans survived tho! I take my gardening very seriously Wink

It's a pain when the weather makes it a uphill task. The recent gusts blew my plums off and now the crows are pecking at them Cry They were only small anyway because of the heat this year so not a great loss.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #23124 on: September 27, 2018, 20:37:58 pm »

Attendances may not be great but they are run much better as a football club than we are.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23125 on: September 27, 2018, 21:22:05 pm »

How would people weigh up Kelvin Thomas and David Bower's time at the club. It's worth considering the pros and cons of their tenures and what they have and haven't delivered.

Pros

1.Won the league or finished the job at least.
2. More professional set up.
3. Investment in training ground at Moulton.
4. Youth team doing pretty well.
5.Match day experience better (bar the performances).
6. Improved community work.
7. Built relationship with University.
8.Tie in with Nike which the Kids buy into.
9. Educational work inc St Crispins site.
10. Possibly cleared up the lease issues meaning a new investment can finish work on East.
11. Investigated safe standing.
12. Better relationship with business community.
13. Steadied the ship and ensured we didn't get demoted down the divisions.

Cons

1. Haven't finish the East Stand
2. Haven't invested the £4 million mentioned on takeover. Or it appears that way, happy to be corrected.
3. Relegation battle into non-league.
5. Problematic investment from Chinese.
6. Problematic player and management recruitment.

The cons surrounding ambition, let's not call them promises on the takeover are a major bugbear for Random and Beds etc but what's done is done.

Different people will say the pros outweigh the cons and vice versa.

Overall though, Thomas' and Bower's legacy will be defined by their next moves. If they pass on the club to new owners who truly have the Cobblers and the fans at heart and in a reasonable financial condition then fair enough. Let's hope the asking price is reasonable too.

Quite a few ifs in there but a fair summary for me.
By doing up your shoelaces you're seen as more professional so 1 to 12 are not pro's but just the minimum requirements to everyday running of a 4th division club, nothing more nothing less.
The con's show clearly why we need this lot to sell up fast.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #23126 on: September 27, 2018, 21:46:09 pm »

Wouldn’t it be better if they changed it for a sign that didn’t have to be taken down each time there is a forecast of high winds?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #23127 on: September 28, 2018, 06:53:41 am »

Stevenage have had to call a halt to building work on their new North Stand because of a land lease issue...

https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2018/june/stevenage-north-stand-work-halted-june-2018/
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23128 on: September 28, 2018, 07:30:12 am »

Stevenage have had to call a halt to building work on their new North Stand because of a land lease issue...

https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2018/june/stevenage-north-stand-work-halted-june-2018/

The update:
https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2018/september/north-stand-phil-wallace-stevenage-fc-update-september-2018/
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23129 on: September 28, 2018, 08:13:50 am »

Stevenage new stand on track despite bit of wrangling over a substation. Mini bonds paid out first tranche of interest to investors.

In short did we require cardozas mad scheme to put some boxes on the East? No.

Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #23130 on: September 28, 2018, 08:33:25 am »

I'm impressed with what Stevenage are doing. Same with Exeter. These are clubs without wealthy backers but thanks to fans and ambition are moving forward.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23131 on: October 01, 2018, 10:41:42 am »

Most worrying thing about Thomas' interview is that everyone he talks to says the club is operating "fine"

"We've had discussions about selling etc we've had people say to us we don't see any areas where don't see any areas in the club, apart from on the pitch where we can make any improvements".
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23132 on: October 01, 2018, 15:31:09 pm »

Most worrying thing about Thomas' interview is that everyone he talks to says the club is operating "fine"

"We've had discussions about selling etc we've had people say to us we don't see any areas in the club, apart from on the pitch where we can make any improvements".

Yeah, it made me smile when he said that. If only he'd bother to sit up and look across the pitch, eh? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #23133 on: October 01, 2018, 16:48:13 pm »

Yeah, it made me smile when he said that. If only he'd bother to sit up and look across the pitch, eh? Grin
We are a traditional three-sided club. Rather like a three-legged dog. Why bother with four?
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23134 on: October 03, 2018, 13:07:10 pm »

About the High Court hearing into Northampton Borough Council's claim against Cardoza family members held at the Birmingham high court which finished in July, with a judgement expected in September.

Does anybody know what has happened to this case.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #23135 on: October 03, 2018, 13:14:43 pm »

Still waiting for the judgement.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23136 on: October 03, 2018, 13:33:25 pm »

Still waiting for the judgement.
To be honest who really cares what the outcome of this is, we all knew he was always going to cream off £3m plus and we hoped get a £3 to 4m working stand.
He weaseled the lot, got stung and we ended up with  nothing.
So pursuing him for money he hasn't got is pointless, like my dear old Dad used to say, 'You cant take trousers of a bare arse'
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #23137 on: October 03, 2018, 14:26:11 pm »

To be honest who really cares what the outcome of this is, we all knew he was always going to cream off £3m plus and we hoped get a £3 to 4m working stand.
So pursuing him for money he hasn't got is pointless, like my dear old Dad used to say, 'You cant take trousers of a bare arse'
First of all I do, secondly... so we should just let him get away with it?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23138 on: October 03, 2018, 15:23:32 pm »

So pursuing him for money he hasn't got is pointless, like my dear old Dad used to say, 'You cant take trousers off a bare arse'

Funny, my old dad used to say "You can make new trousers from old skin". Old Scandinavian saying I would think.

Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #23139 on: October 03, 2018, 15:25:41 pm »

Your dad had a good point, but do you seriously think for one minute that those responsible for the theft of public funds are hard-up?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 [1157] 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: