The Hotel End
November 20, 2018, 17:16:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 [1168] 1169   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 887709 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #23340 on: November 02, 2018, 21:59:30 pm »

You going tomorrow Beds?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23341 on: November 03, 2018, 10:00:14 am »

You going tomorrow Beds?
Grin Yes I am, and fully expecting us to win.
Anyway while I'm  here and getting back on topic, did anyone else hear on a recent podcast when the Chairman subtly claimed promises made over 3 years ago are no longer valid due to the time lapse because of the ever changing nature of football?
Maybe Ive interpreted  it wrong, but what did he mean?
Final nail in the East stand redev coffin?
Not that it was actually ever going to happen anyway  😂😂
Hopefully we can gate crash the end of season playoffs and be successful at Wembley, returning to league 1 but this time finally bucking the trend, 5th time lucky, being able to retain our better players  and progress in our fragile little money drain of a ground against the better equipped teams.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #23342 on: November 03, 2018, 12:27:46 pm »

Think the club is making a lot more than it used to. KT and partners have done a good job in this area that DC couldn't be bothered with. Hoping to see a good game today.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23343 on: November 04, 2018, 09:04:15 am »

Think the club is making a lot more than it used to. KT and partners have done a good job in this area that DC couldn't be bothered with. Hoping to see a good game today.
previously we were just waiting for a council cash bonus, now we're just waiting for......God knows what.
How much extra do we make from larger gates playing in league 1? Nothing we got relegated .
How much do we make from the corporate boxes in the East stand?.. Nothing,  they didn't  do what they promised and now because 3 plus years have lapsed,  excuses them  from having to seek investment  (did he really say this?).
Our league 1 wage bill playing crappy 4th division football is draining what little resources we can make, so how can we be making more more money now?
Report Spam   Logged
exiledinspace

View Profile
« Reply #23344 on: November 09, 2018, 07:49:30 am »

As Lincoln are up next just worth taking a look at their own stadium issues.

If we conveniently sideline our legal issues for a moment, some of the debate Lincoln are now having has been echoed on here many times. There are similarities regarding size of club and you could liken their present up-curve with some of our recent periods. Whether they maintain it as we have failed many times, we shall see.

There's lots of heated debate on here regarding finance and capacity, sadly most of it debated naively or negatively. So it's worth taking a brief read into some of their coverage,

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lincoln-city-making-massive-strides-1234074
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #23345 on: November 09, 2018, 09:39:09 am »

Thanks for the article. Looks like Lincoln are very firmly heading in the right direction. Think we are too but there's a lot more we could/ should be doing.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23346 on: November 09, 2018, 17:47:26 pm »

Thanks for the article. Looks like Lincoln are very firmly heading in the right direction. Think we are too but there's a lot more we could/ should be doing.
Northampton being  better placed in a central location and with well over twice the population of Lincoln, shouldn't it be us showing them the way?
Having already been left for dust by our old traditional rivals the likes of Posh, Luton, MK, Oxford, Doncaster, Rotherham Brentford Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Burnley, Barnsley etc, etc, we now find our self doffing our caps to the likes of Lincoln, Walsall, Shrewsbury, Rochdale Wimbledon etc, as they start to pull away from us with modern stadium, real traditional functioning  grounds or looking forward to new proposed plans for improved infrastructure .
 Even frigging little Accrington Stanley, (who are they? They're a tiny club maximising on what little they have, which is the complete opposite of NTFC who have little ambition above treading water, but even thats not done very well ).
If we dont find some proper investment / new owners in soon we'll be left so far behind we will be forgotten.

What's the latest on improving our 1990s  infrastructure ?
Nothing  happening still?  Lets blame the only organisation to actually help our club these past 25 years,  Northampton borough council...
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23347 on: November 09, 2018, 17:57:26 pm »

Northampton being  better placed in a central location and with well over twice the population of Lincoln, shouldn't it be us showing them the way?
Having already been left for dust by our old traditional rivals the likes of Posh, Luton, MK, Oxford, Doncaster, Rotherham Brentford Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Burnley, Barnsley etc, etc, we now find our self doffing our caps to the likes of Lincoln, Walsall, Shrewsbury, Rochdale Wimbledon etc, as they start to pull away from us with modern stadium, real traditional functioning  grounds or looking forward to new proposed plans for improved infrastructure .
 Even frigging little Accrington Stanley, (who are they? They're a tiny club maximising on what little they have, which is the complete opposite of NTFC who have little ambition above treading water, but even thats not done very well ).
If we dont find some proper investment / new owners in soon we'll be left so far behind we will be forgotten.

What's the latest on improving our 1990s  infrastructure ?
Nothing  happening still?  Lets blame the only organisation to actually help our club these past 25 years,  Northampton borough council...

Captive market in Lincoln!

Lincoln folk have limited options to spend their time ...go to the football or chase pigs. Living in the buzzing fast paced hub that is modern day Northampton our locals have many more options like visiting a dentist or enjoying running water.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #23348 on: November 09, 2018, 18:09:22 pm »

Has the care home chap completed his takeover yet?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23349 on: November 09, 2018, 18:26:20 pm »

Has the care home chap completed his takeover yet?

I think Beds has an appointment with him....to discuss about being an inpatient.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #23350 on: November 09, 2018, 18:44:06 pm »

Lincoln folk have limited options to spend their time ...go to the football or chase pigs.
You forgot picking spuds. Or pointing at planes.

Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23351 on: November 09, 2018, 19:43:19 pm »

You forgot picking spuds. Or pointing at planes.

Too late now for spuds and they don't know they are planes, just strange lights in the sky.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
exiledinspace

View Profile
« Reply #23352 on: November 10, 2018, 05:59:18 am »

Just for perspective, if the club had been taken over after Stonhill by a forward looking owner rather than DC.

An £8m stand, 3500 seats and all the necessary match day and non-match day bars, hospitality and so forth, funded by way of an interest only development loan, from a bank, the stand would now have been long paid for. In fact just 600 extra on our average attendance over the last 20 years would've paid for such a development.

This is just league games only. If you factor in all the revenue from cup games, corporate, matchday and non matchday revenue it probably could have been repaid in 10 years or less. Without affecting playing budget, in fact if such a development had taken place, greater revenue would have been available over the years for players and who knows that may have made a difference.

For all those who have dismissed development as an option om here, you're quite simply wrong. Wilder left for many reasons and the NTFC groundhog day was one of them. If you don't move and grow you die, or simply cling on, just as we do today.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23353 on: November 10, 2018, 06:42:37 am »

Just for perspective, if the club had been taken over after Stonhill by a forward looking owner rather than DC.

An £8m stand, 3500 seats and all the necessary match day and non-match day bars, hospitality and so forth, funded by way of an interest only development loan, from a bank, the stand would now have been long paid for. In fact just 600 extra on our average attendance over the last 20 years would've paid for such a development.

This is just league games only. If you factor in all the revenue from cup games, corporate, matchday and non matchday revenue it probably could have been repaid in 10 years or less. Without affecting playing budget, in fact if such a development had taken place, greater revenue would have been available over the years for players and who knows that may have made a difference.

For all those who have dismissed development as an option om here, you're quite simply wrong. Wilder left for many reasons and the NTFC groundhog day was one of them. If you don't move and grow you die, or simply cling on, just as we do today.

You, like a few others on here, believe that the majority on here are against the redevelopment. Very few, if any, are against it. It's the realistic method of achieving that is the discussion, if continuous repetition can be called discussion.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23354 on: November 10, 2018, 07:49:45 am »

You, like a few others on here, believe that the majority on here are against the redevelopment. Very few, if any, are against it. It's the realistic method of achieving that is the discussion, if continuous repetition can be called discussion.
What you refer to as continuous repetition is actually  the first hurdle, one in which under this regime we deliberately avoid crossing, and until we as the clubs supporters  demand on mass answers to the continued decline and lack of tangible plans from the Chairman whp has now been acting on behalf of others these past 3 and half years, nothing will change.
I managed to ask the question via the good folk on inspiration radio,  has the Northampton town football club lost control of the land behind the East stand into the hands of private ownership and now lost to  the club forever as land to be used for the aid of redevelopment?
As for the answer... Well it was answered with lots and lots of words containing possibly several likely outcomes that left me less informed and more confused than I was originally???
Maybe It's just me, but if anyone who heard the radio reply understand the answer could decipher it for me.
In a nut shell, will the land be used for the clubs benefit, enabling etc or has it been annexed into private ownership?
Do we have actual plans that requires bricks and mortar?
Do we still have a objectionable  football trust to keep an eye on the prize?
I thought after the upturn on the pitch, bad news would be buried and it looks like the continuation of nothing happening ever is it?.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23355 on: November 10, 2018, 08:29:44 am »

What have Bower/Thomas done that Cardoza didn't? Interesting comparing the two for significant progress
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23356 on: November 10, 2018, 08:33:38 am »

What you refer to as continuous repetition is actually  the first hurdle, one in which under this regime we deliberately avoid crossing, and until we as the clubs supporters  demand on mass answers to the continued decline and lack of tangible plans from the Chairman whp has now been acting on behalf of others these past 3 and half years, nothing will change.
I managed to ask the question via the good folk on inspiration radio,  has the Northampton town football club lost control of the land behind the East stand into the hands of private ownership and now lost to  the club forever as land to be used for the aid of redevelopment?
As for the answer... Well it was answered with lots and lots of words containing possibly several likely outcomes that left me less informed and more confused than I was originally???
Maybe It's just me, but if anyone who heard the radio reply understand the answer could decipher it for me.
In a nut shell, will the land be used for the clubs benefit, enabling etc or has it been annexed into private ownership?
I thought after the upturn on the pitch, bad news would be buried and it looks like the continuation of nothing happening ever is it?.

We need to be as high up the leagues as possible and as self sustainable as possible. If the Premier League Big 6 break away or there is a change to the solidarity payments then would we be a going concern with the kind of budget we have today?

Be interested to see in ten years time if there are so many full time teams in a league structure as we know it.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Suffer fools gladly

View Profile
« Reply #23357 on: November 10, 2018, 11:52:09 am »

How’s yr pal Bob Précis?
Report Spam   Logged

Don't mistake activity for achievement
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #23358 on: November 10, 2018, 13:51:30 pm »

Paid the Bills

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23359 on: November 15, 2018, 17:58:04 pm »

Major work planned for the Summer of 2019 means that NDYAL (the Northampton and District Youth  Alliance League) have been told that they will not be able to hold their cup finals at Sixfields at the end of the season.

Make of that what you will!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12 and 2012/13

Cardoza?? Who??
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 [1168] 1169   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: