The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:46:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820479 times)
West Stand, Larry and 41 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #23180 on: November 21, 2018, 13:09:57 pm »

Remember when KT put those “ temporary” seats in to the east stand . Like many others I thought they were only staying there until the end of that season .
I remember thinking at the time it seemed they looked quite permanent for what was a temporary measure .
Now I know why . They are permanent and will remain so until some fictional character comes along with a wad of cash he isn’t bothered about getting any return on !
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #23181 on: November 21, 2018, 13:14:11 pm »

You only need to spend time sitting in the West Stand to realise how apathetic and outdated people who turn up at Sixfields are. I agree the away form support and encouragement they give the team is good, but at Sixfields the atmosphere is at best on a par with that at
Kingsthorpe cemetery.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23182 on: November 21, 2018, 13:23:27 pm »

I think that is simply not correct - over 2k went to an away game recently which is hardly an apathetic mindset.

One of the reasons KT came here from Oxford is the goodwill emanating from the support
you are often happy to criticise.
Turning up to a game is one thing
Demanding change is another.
Remember the we want answers campaign??
About 200 fans (I was one and still have my ?)had the bollocks to be stood up and heard while radio northampton took the piss out of the protest.
I’d imagine it was around the time you were still on here defending the cardozas and were in flat denial of any wrongdoing.
Basically you backed the wrong horse then and you are therefore the last person I’d expect to criticise the shambolic situation regards the redevelopment.
Don’t feel to bad though tony you are just one of thousands of northampton fans whose level of apathy is beyond belief.
It is exactly because of fans like yourself that the stand is still unfinished and covered in moss/cobwebs.
No rocking the boat now tony after all its only been five or so years and two chairman since the redevelopment was announced!!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23183 on: November 21, 2018, 13:40:49 pm »

And those who are criticising the atmosphere at Sixfields...what exactly do you do to contribute?

I know I can hold my head high, get or try and get chants going home and away!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #23184 on: November 21, 2018, 14:11:06 pm »

I have tried to remain positive about ANY future development at Sixfields BUT now I have concluded that KT has to stop the words and produce action for any more support for him, from me.

I am told two maybe three prominant local businessmen have offered a realistic investment BUT it is KT who has said it is not reaistic!!! Will it ever progress?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #23185 on: November 21, 2018, 14:15:14 pm »

The reason why its all gone quiet is quite simple.

Played 11, won 6, drawn 3, lost 2.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23186 on: November 21, 2018, 15:17:17 pm »

Turning up to a game is one thing
Demanding change is another.
Remember the we want answers campaign??
About 200 fans (I was one and still have my ?)had the bollocks to be stood up and heard while radio northampton took the **** out of the protest.
I’d imagine it was around the time you were still on here defending the cardozas and were in flat denial of any wrongdoing.
Basically you backed the wrong horse then and you are therefore the last person I’d expect to criticise the shambolic situation regards the redevelopment.

I am naturally suspicious of those who decide to adopt a high moral tone in their argument. In Feb 2015 at the height of the DC era during which this Forum was awash with rumours, there was a Trust Meeting in which DC attended. This was a great opportunity for those who saw through DC’s schemes to expose him. Only one turned up ; Ineista who attempted to query him without any support from the floor. Were where you on the day to support him?  Yet you talk of the apathy malaise - so welcome to the club. I found your account full of inaccuracies, untruths and fake information. My ‘support’ as you call it was in protest against the personal vilification of then Chairman in hindsight naive but identical to the sort of vilification dished out to former managers and more recently certain members of the playing staff! Incidentally I joined the Trust and contributed to the fund on a regular basis. Under the circumstances please apologise for your unsubstantiated comments. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 15:19:41 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #23187 on: November 21, 2018, 15:18:40 pm »

The long term future of the redevelopment is far more important than the short term run of results.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23188 on: November 21, 2018, 15:28:58 pm »

I have found the ‘apathetic’ support exhibited at recent matches very positive and at times quite moving.
One isolated example was those behind the goal at Macclesfield on a cold wet night. Over 300 attended probably more than Exeter!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 15:40:52 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23189 on: November 21, 2018, 15:31:37 pm »

You only need to spend time sitting in the West Stand to realise how apathetic and outdated people who turn up at Sixfields are. I agree the away form support and encouragement they give the team is good, but at Sixfields the atmosphere is at best on a par with that at
Kingsthorpe cemetery.

Where do you sit ? As where I do in area M134 - M164 it is hardly that. Am I just lucky?
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #23190 on: November 21, 2018, 16:03:27 pm »

I am naturally suspicious of those who decide to adopt a high moral tone in their argument. In Feb 2015 at the height of the DC era during which this Forum was awash with rumours, there was a Trust Meeting in which DC attended. This was a great opportunity for those who saw through DC’s schemes to expose him. Only one turned up ; Ineista who attempted to query him without any support from the floor. Were where you on the day to support him?  Yet you talk of the apathy malaise - so welcome to the club. I found your account full of inaccuracies, untruths and fake information. My ‘support’ as you call it was in protest against the personal vilification of then Chairman in hindsight naive but identical to the sort of vilification dished out to former managers and more recently certain members of the playing staff! Incidentally I joined the Trust and contributed to the fund on a regular basis. Under the circumstances please apologise for your unsubstantiated comments. Thank you.
You will be receiving no such apology
You were one on here who defended the cardozas when all around were trying their best to unearth information regards the situation.
You only have to go back through the thread to see that.
There is of course nothing wrong with making a genuine mistake but it does show a lack of judgement on your part.
Fair play to you for joining the trust I am also a member myself so we do have something in common.
I stand by my statement that cobblers fans in general have an alarming level of apathy and if it wasn’t for the actions of a few on here things may not have been bought to a head quick enough.
Luckily the posts are all still on here and the timeline/history is intact.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #23191 on: November 21, 2018, 16:08:34 pm »

As for turning up at forums I’d already met DC and was told that I faced legal action if I rocked the boat so to say.
This will also be on the thread somewhere.
I refrained from posting for a period of time thanks to DC and current club employee Gareth wilshere.
So no apathy in the first place just threats of legal action when all I asked was questions regarding the clubs future.
How ironic that things fell apart a couple of years later.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #23192 on: November 21, 2018, 16:13:58 pm »

I have tried to remain positive about ANY future development at Sixfields BUT now I have concluded that KT has to stop the words and produce action for any more support for him, from me.

I am told two maybe three prominant local businessmen have offered a realistic investment BUT it is KT who has said it is not reaistic!!! Will it ever progress?

Who has deemed it realistic? The only one that counts is KT.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23193 on: November 21, 2018, 16:16:07 pm »

You will be receiving no such apology
You were one on here who defended the cardozas when all around were trying their best to unearth information regards the situation.
You only have to go back through the thread to see that.
There is of course nothing wrong with making a genuine mistake but it does show a lack of judgement on your part.
Fair play to you for joining the trust I am also a member myself so we do have something in common.
I stand by my statement that cobblers fans in general have an alarming level of apathy and if it wasn’t for the actions of a few on here things may not have been bought to a head quick enough.
Luckily the posts are all still on here and the timeline/history is intact.

The posts are indeed for all to read - again you are making misleading comments. Have another read?
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #23194 on: November 21, 2018, 16:25:16 pm »

The posts are indeed for all to read - again you are making misleading comments. Have another read?
Tony
I’m not going through the thousand odd pages and it’s old history
I give you credit as a fellow cobblers fan who attends many more games than myself nowadays due to ill health
Il apologise to you personally face to face if you think I have anything to apologise for,you will unfortunately have to come over mine for a coffee as I can no longer attend games and no longer have a season ticket.
Feel free to pm me and come over to visit any time you like and we can spend an hour talking ancient history.
In the meantime let’s hope the stand is finished this decade.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #23195 on: November 21, 2018, 16:47:04 pm »

I have found the ‘apathetic’ support exhibited at recent matches very positive and at times quite moving.
One isolated example was those behind the goal at Macclesfield on a cold wet night. Over 300 attended probably more than Exeter!

The vast majority of our support base has no interest in the politics, they just want to support the team.

Id guess its 10% at it hardscore, no more than 30% whatever actually happens. 400 turned up at the Exeter Rooms, we were getting 2500ish (from memory) at home games.

People sometimes confuse apathy with 'not being quite as bothered about something as they are'.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23196 on: November 21, 2018, 16:50:09 pm »

Tony
I’m not going through the thousand odd pages and it’s old history
I give you credit as a fellow cobblers fan who attends many more games than myself nowadays due to ill health
Il apologise to you personally face to face if you think I have anything to apologise for,you will unfortunately have to come over mine for a coffee as I can no longer attend games and no longer have a season ticket.
Feel free to pm me and come over to visit any time you like and we can spend an hour talking ancient history.
In the meantime let’s hope the stand is finished this decade.

Ok, fair comment. Unfortunately I am recovering from a full right hip replacement and will miss many games upto Christmas and even that timetable maybe optimistic.
Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #23197 on: November 21, 2018, 17:04:00 pm »

Ok, fair comment. Unfortunately I am recovering from a full right hip replacement and will miss many games upto Christmas and even that timetable maybe optimistic.
No problems tony
I hope you’re on the mend soon.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23198 on: November 21, 2018, 17:16:36 pm »

I believe the exact opposite happened, the team put a run of decent results together and like magic  Thomas popped up all over the place, on a BBC show, a pod cast that seemed dedicated to both thomas and ntfc, he also turned up on inspiration radio to answer questions, well as long as they were about his favourite pizza toppings, you got a satisfactory answer.
How quickly we forget the great  work of Brian Lomax and co  and their beliefs that the club belong to the supporters and the Town of Northampton  and not that of a succession of chairman /owners who have no real interest what happens to our club long term just them acquiring land deal opportunities that being associated with the club brings.
The club are being held firmly under a dark cloak of secrecy and uncertainty,  maybe it's time for another 'what is going on' with demands they tell us exactly why we haven't been sold yet, why and how much longer must we regress and fall further behind other more progressive clubs?
They've had more than enough chances to show us their intentions but despite several claims of dates in the past 3 years when 'work would start' 'Doing up the East stand'  which in the grand scheme  is a simple fit out as there's a structure in place to fit out, but  just for them all to fall through and not happen without a satisfactory explanation, we can now  be almost certain these current lot are not going to invest or seek investment into doing anything to develop the stadium.
It was interesting to read the trust are looking at the possibilities of a fan led club ,
Probably our only hope for a quick conclusion  is for the owners to cash in on the chunk of land acquired, half the old running track I believe, and hand over the club to be a supporters run organisation working with local investors to finally allowing us to grow all aspects of the club in a gradual sustainable manner showing year on year growth until we have a club proudly  befitting our town.

Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23199 on: November 21, 2018, 17:43:55 pm »

I believe the exact opposite happened, the team put a run of decent results together and like magic  Thomas popped up all over the place, on a BBC show, a pod cast that seemed dedicated to both thomas and ntfc, he also turned up on inspiration radio to answer questions, well as long as they were about his favourite pizza toppings, you got a satisfactory answer.
How quickly we forget the great  work of Brian Lomax and co  and their beliefs that the club belong to the supporters and the Town of Northampton  and not that of a succession of chairman /owners who have no real interest what happens to our club long term just them acquiring land deal opportunities that being associated with the club brings.
The club are being held firmly under a dark cloak of secrecy and uncertainty,  maybe it's time for another 'what is going on' with demands they tell us exactly why we haven't been sold yet, why and how much longer must we regress and fall further behind other more progressive clubs?
They've had more than enough chances to show us their intentions but despite several claims of dates in the past 3 years when 'work would start' 'Doing up the East stand'  which in the grand scheme  is a simple fit out as there's a structure in place to fit out, but  just for them all to fall through and not happen without a satisfactory explanation, we can now  be almost certain these current lot are not going to invest or seek investment into doing anything to develop the stadium.
It was interesting to read the trust are looking at the possibilities of a fan led club ,
Probably our only hope for a quick conclusion  is for the owners to cash in on the chunk of land acquired, half the old running track I believe, and hand over the club to be a supporters run organisation working with local investors to finally allowing us to grow all aspects of the club in a gradual sustainable manner showing year on year growth until we have a club proudly  befitting our town.

Rare visit to this thread for me. I have highlighted the one piece I would ask you to elaborate on.  So who do you have in mind if anybody?
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: