The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:35:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1823261 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #23220 on: November 22, 2018, 20:08:53 pm »

Well thanks BoN - sounds if yr Dad was lucky not to dislocate his thigh.

Very. Sheer dumb luck; they had big, padded cushion like things holding the advertising hoardings up and he landed right on those. If he'd been knocked in the other direction it would have been an ambulance job...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #23221 on: November 22, 2018, 20:16:38 pm »

It’s amazing how many of you chaps now articulate on Dads and Mums who have ‘suffered’ from this type of surgery. The success rate appears to be positive tho’!

In my dad's case he was up and about the next day and, Wycombe incident aside, never really looked back. That was four and a half years ago, he's now 83 and still walks all over the place, goes to the Cobblers and looks after his allotment.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23222 on: November 22, 2018, 20:23:40 pm »

In my dad's case he was up and about the next day and, Wycombe incident aside, never really looked back. That was four and a half years ago, he's now 83 and still walks all over the place, goes to the Cobblers and looks after his allotment.

The Mods will get pissed off with 'Hip replacements' on the Redev Thread so will make no more references to said incident. Thanks all the same.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23223 on: November 22, 2018, 21:00:09 pm »

Working at a new crematorium extention,  I found a titanium rod with a ball like thing at one end, without doubt the remnants of some poor soul who had a hip op.
I handed it to an architect to see if he could guess what it was, the weired sod walked off with it in his pocket.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23224 on: November 23, 2018, 01:06:13 am »

I met BBD at a car show just before his infamous era of disrepute. He was cordial and easy going! Why on earth you never turned up at that fateful Feb Trust meeting to expose him I will never know? If I remember you were vociferous against him. I am afraid your style is not mine and I dislike the sort of personal criticism/abuse dished out by some on here. You still see it with stuff aimed at certain Ex Managers and current players! Still I contributed to the SOS fund which is more than you did you tight fisted rascal. Proper keyboard warrior. Always remember Hallam putting you to the sword during those heady DC days!

Do you? As I said, delusional. As to that Trust meeting to which you keep referring, bit hypocritical considering you were one of those belittling the poor sod who spoke out.
With regards the SOS fund, how the hell would you know what I did or didn't contribute? Huh? More Neverbrite bullcrap!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23225 on: November 23, 2018, 08:10:55 am »

Do you? As I said, delusional. As to that Trust meeting to which you keep referring, bit hypocritical considering you were one of those belittling the poor sod who spoke out.
With regards the SOS fund, how the hell would you know what I did or didn't contribute? Huh? More Neverbrite bullcrap!

Morning great one? How are you today?
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23226 on: November 23, 2018, 12:32:02 pm »

Foolishly, I look at the latest posts on this thread hoping for some news. Now it's just people insulting each other. Please stop wasting everyone's time.
We've reached the stage where after 3.5 years of mothballing from these latest lot in charge, the only way we will get any news from them is to earn it by an organised demo demanding it from them.
Sadly it takes at least 8 years before our fan base become restless with nothing happening, so in 2023 we should hear something.
I think we all know the only way we will see a modicum of redevelopment and progress is for there to be a sale.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23227 on: November 23, 2018, 13:39:57 pm »

Foolishly, I look at the latest posts on this thread hoping for some news. Now it's just people insulting each other. Please stop wasting everyone's time.

Plse tell me who I have insulted on this thread?
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #23228 on: November 23, 2018, 14:28:24 pm »

The Mods will get pissed off with 'Hip replacements' on the Redev Thread so will make no more references to said incident. Thanks all the same.

I don't think they will mind on page 1100 and something for a few well wishes.

Get well soon and hopefully the new one brings you a new lease of life.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23229 on: November 23, 2018, 15:13:00 pm »

I have stayed silent on this thread for a while but let me say what a timid lot we are.  Not long ago KT said at or about the time KC was appointed as his 5th manager in less than 3 years and, of course, only a few months after a particularly dismal relegation that supporters were happy with everything except what was happening on the pitch.  He was allowed to get away with such nonsense because the local media tread warily of upsetting the owners in fear of being barred from future interviews.  It was the same under Big Dave’s stewardship. And we know what happened next. But, like the East Stand, nothing changes. The owners continue to enjoy a very easy ride.

There are some, probably a majority, that think DB/KT are good owners, if only because they pay the bills and KT talks the talk.  KT is very skilful with the local media but they are a soft touch.  The East Stand may be entering its 4th year of no further construction but, hey ho, KT can blame it on the Council with some justification and kick the redevelopment can down the road for a while yet.  In the meantime, at least KC has turned things around and our attention can focus solely on the team without looking at the East Stand shell or, rather, pretending not to look at it.  After all, there is no demand for a splendid new stand or even a better ground.  The supporters are happy with what they have and aspire to nothing better.  Let them eat cake.

There are a small number who think otherwise but post your views on here with a health warning. KT’s Praetorian Guard whose default position is the status quo stand ready at the keyboard so don’t ever rock the boat or they will cut you down. We should be happy to wallow in the depths of the EFL’s bottom league and dream every now and then of a brief sojourn in L1 before we return once more to the basement for another period of desperate struggle on and off the pitch.

One thing must be clear to all and that is our present owners have no intention of spending their money on the East Stand (I refer to the illusory promised £3-4 million which seduced a panic stricken Council almost 3 years ago to the day). 

I took a look at Ventures accounts filed at Companies House for the year ended 30.11.2017.  The Chinese investment that never was (or so we are led to believe) was announced in June/July 2017, well within the 2016/17 financial year for Ventures.  No mention in the accounts of any shares changing hands to 5USport or any issue of new shares to reflect the Chinese acquiring a majority stake in Ventures and so a controlling stake in NTFC.  Do we conclude from this with certainty that the Chinese invested nothing?  So, why the announcement and board appointment?  How come there was a sudden rush of signings in July 2017?  Financed by whose money?  JFH would not have come cheaply and was JFH’s appointment Chinese doing?  We’re KT/DB flush with their own money and so splashed out with their bucks for the greater good of the club?  Does this fit squarly with we what we have witnessed over 3 years of KT?DB's ownership with the only works carried out the in-and-outs of the loos in the West Stand?  At the time the Mail on Sunday reported an investment in the region of £6-7 million but that is the only source of reference to the Chinese money I can find and I readily accept anything the Mail reports cannot be relied on with certainty.  All very strange to my way of thinking and unexplained to this day. 

The ownership structure of the club becomes more opaque each passing year.  Ventures (reported to be now 90% owned by Bower) is owned by the offshore company, BVI incorporated Belle de Jour and nothing can be discovered about that company by public scrutiny. 

Transparency is not synonymous with NTFC.  As someone reported on this thread yesterday, CDNL is controlled by DB/KT but silence from our owners continues on their plans for land that was in the club’s leasehold ownership 3 years ago.  As for plans for the East Stand...................dream on.

What was it that Brian Lomax said on the subject of ownership?

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #23230 on: November 23, 2018, 15:24:06 pm »

Great post Vintage, TBH as the time drags on I personally get evermore apathetic to the whole situation, which is exactly what KT wants.
Nothing will happen until KT cuts his losses and sells.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2539

« Reply #23231 on: November 23, 2018, 16:01:07 pm »

Could I ask the Trust to issue a statement on their understanding/ conversations on the current situation with NTFC?

Do they believe the lease isues with the Council are concluded?

The reported £4 million available to complete A East Stand by KT/DB. Do they believe it is still available?

Do they believe any meaningfull discussions are still ongoing, on the investment into or purchase of NTFC by anybody? (Including a previous director and/or certain residents of Kislingbury or Hollinwell)?

Do the Trust have any plans to meet KT this year?

After a statement from the Trust to update us on their understanding on the current situation the next stage is, I believe, a more direct action by supporters towards KT and DB!

OR SHALL I CONTINUE SITTING ON MY HANDS?Huh?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #23232 on: November 23, 2018, 17:29:10 pm »

Could I ask the Trust to issue a statement on their understanding/ conversations on the current situation with NTFC?

Do they believe the lease isues with the Council are concluded?

The reported £4 million available to complete A East Stand by KT/DB. Do they believe it is still available?

Do they believe any meaningfull discussions are still ongoing, on the investment into or purchase of NTFC by anybody? (Including a previous director and/or certain residents of Kislingbury or Hollinwell)?

Do the Trust have any plans to meet KT this year?

After a statement from the Trust to update us on their understanding on the current situation the next stage is, I believe, a more direct action by supporters towards KT and DB!

OR SHALL I CONTINUE SITTING ON MY HANDS?Huh?Huh?

…...and direct action entails exactly what?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #23233 on: November 23, 2018, 18:03:02 pm »

I do not like nor trust KT. I had a very short and relatively insignificant dialogue with him a while back and he was really quite horrible in my opinion. The sooner he goes the better, I do not believe he has any intention of developing the East Stand.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23234 on: November 23, 2018, 19:37:29 pm »

How many more times before the penny drops. Unless the club is owned by a life long fan of the club with money to burn, investment will almost certainly only happen if there is a realistic prospect of an attractive return on it. Neither is currently the case. The only other option was to get some mystery benefactor with no interest in returns such as a council to stump up the cash, and that ship has sailed. This is neither a support or criticism of anyone, just a fact. As unpalatable as it is, all the foot stamping and hand wringing in the world isn’t going to change the inconvenient truth, to coin a phrase. Stand by for a deluge of posts going through the nonsense reasons why the development of the ground is an attractive investment. Here’s another fact, if it is an attractive investment someone will buy the club and spend the money, if it isn’t they won’t. Now that’s cleared that up can we talk about something else?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23235 on: November 23, 2018, 20:36:03 pm »

How many more times before the penny drops. Unless the club is owned by a life long fan of the club with money to burn, investment will almost certainly only happen if there is a realistic prospect of an attractive return on it. Neither is currently the case. The only other option was to get some mystery benefactor with no interest in returns such as a council to stump up the cash, and that ship has sailed. This is neither a support or criticism of anyone, just a fact. As unpalatable as it is, all the foot stamping and hand wringing in the world isn’t going to change the inconvenient truth, to coin a phrase. Stand by for a deluge of posts going through the nonsense reasons why the development of the ground is an attractive investment. Here’s another fact, if it is an attractive investment someone will buy the club and spend the money, if it isn’t they won’t. Now that’s cleared that up can we talk about something else?
Most rational people don't really care for a billionaire owner who just wants to have a little fun with his new play thing, should this happen fine it would be fun but all I want to see is the football club of Northampton encouraging a whole new generation of fans and local buisneses as partners enjoying the buzz of a new era as we plan to gradually grow the club year on year in a hope to eventuality double every aspect of the club ...
Badgering the council for land leases, secrecy, False promises and the belittling need to stop.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23236 on: November 23, 2018, 20:42:37 pm »

Most rational people don't really care for a billionaire owner who just wants to have a little fun with his new play thing, should this happen fine it would be fun but all I want to see is the football club of Northampton encouraging a whole new generation of fans and local buisneses as partners enjoying the buzz of a new era as we plan to gradually grow the club year on year in a hope to eventuality double every aspect of the club ...
Badgering the council for land leases, secrecy, False promises and the belittling need to stop.

And right there Beds is the real difference between people on this thread, when you finally cut through the crap and squabbling. Half are talking about what we want, the other half are talking about what we are likely to get.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23237 on: November 23, 2018, 20:58:49 pm »

What was it that Brian Lomax said on the subject of ownership?

Calling for the head of the board is a pastime of many a football fan. Driving out the Chairman is frankly the easy bit. Driving in an individual with the attributes and moral fortitude to fulfill the aspirations and ambitions of the supporters is an entirely different challenge.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3230

« Reply #23238 on: November 23, 2018, 21:10:23 pm »

Great post Vintage, TBH as the time drags on I personally get evermore apathetic to the whole situation, which is exactly what KT wants.
Nothing will happen until KT cuts his losses and sells.

I agree.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23239 on: November 23, 2018, 22:04:54 pm »

I am still grateful for KT saving us.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: