The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:20:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820088 times)
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #23300 on: December 02, 2018, 07:06:54 am »

Radio Northampton news bulletin reports that there will be news announced next week regarding the East Stand. No clues as to what, but it's something (hopefully positive)!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #23301 on: December 02, 2018, 08:44:18 am »

Without sounding pedantic, was the emphasise on the loan not news of future East Stand development?
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #23302 on: December 02, 2018, 08:52:02 am »

One week on from my first sight of the Cobblers  playing at home this season a flying visit from Scouseland a couple of observations from a supporter who can only now watch the Cobblers live on an irregular basis in Northampton and when they venture up to the North West:

- My scepticism from afar re Taylor, Facey, and  Hoskins was born out in the Grimsby game. Taylor played as though he was the scouse Beckenbauer but was woeful in his distribution and looked uncomfortable when he was pressed defensively, Hoskins ran up and own the pitch like a headless chicken and  his distribution got worse and worse as the game continued, Facey has now made two costly defensive mistakes of a similar nature against Cheltenham and Grimsby at home both of which were easily avoidable.

- First half performance was OK against Grimsby but once Grimsby upped the ante we bottled it.

- Curle now needs to take a leaf out of Wilders book from the season before we won Div 2 when he brought in Ricky Holmes and Brendan Moloney et al and from a similar position to what Curles team are in at the moment use the January transfer window to get in a ball playing midfield player and some effective natural wingers.

I see Curle's current position as a work in progress, overall the quality of League One this season is mediocre and so there should be some  scope for optimism for the Cobblers to reach the play offs.

My seat at the Grimsby game in the West Stand yet again reinforced my long held view that the stand is full of whingers in that an old guy in front of me never stopped moaning once Grimsby equalised in the first half, I cannot understand why posters on this site eulogise about the strength of support from the West Stand , in my view it is non existent.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23303 on: December 02, 2018, 10:03:38 am »

One week on from my first sight of the Cobblers  playing at home this season a flying visit from Scouseland a couple of observations from a supporter who can only now watch the Cobblers live on an irregular basis in Northampton and when they venture up to the North West:

- My scepticism from afar re Taylor, Facey, and  Hoskins was born out in the Grimsby game. Taylor played as though he was the scouse Beckenbauer but was woeful in his distribution and looked uncomfortable when he was pressed defensively, Hoskins ran up and own the pitch like a headless chicken and  his distribution got worse and worse as the game continued, Facey has now made two costly defensive mistakes of a similar nature against Cheltenham and Grimsby at home both of which were easily avoidable.

- First half performance was OK against Grimsby but once Grimsby upped the ante we bottled it.

- Curle now needs to take a leaf out of Wilders book from the season before we won Div 2 when he brought in Ricky Holmes and Brendan Moloney et al and from a similar position to what Curles team are in at the moment use the January transfer window to get in a ball playing midfield player and some effective natural wingers.

I see Curle's current position as a work in progress, overall the quality of League One this season is mediocre and so there should be some  scope for optimism for the Cobblers to reach the play offs.

My seat at the Grimsby game in the West Stand yet again reinforced my long held view that the stand is full of whingers in that an old guy in front of me never stopped moaning once Grimsby equalised in the first half, I cannot understand why posters on this site eulogise about the strength of support from the West Stand , in my view it is non existent.

Again where do you sit in West? Also Curle is the new Wilder?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #23304 on: December 03, 2018, 21:54:13 pm »

Without sounding pedantic, was the emphasise on the loan not news of future East Stand development?
TBH it was early and I'd just woken up so I may have mis-heard. Seen nothing on social media since or heard anything else so who know?!
Report Spam   Logged
andy scouse

View Profile
« Reply #23305 on: December 06, 2018, 12:54:40 pm »

I sit in different parts of the West Stand, never the same seat, the only consistency is the whingeing not where I sit.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23306 on: December 06, 2018, 17:53:13 pm »

Kelvin Thomas Youtube update on the redevelopment here:

On redevelopment

"Really good conversation with the Council..pleased with how that is progressing".

"Good discussion with the council about how we fix that in terms of linkage to the wider development and using all the land for the benefit of the football club"

"We can't do anything but work in the background"

On selling the club

"Ongoing, very fluid process"

"One of this big concerns for us is no-one comes in and separates the land from the football club"

"some of those discussions have been fallen a way, some of it has been a bit more property based...some of it has been just football club based and not property, there has to be a balance"

"We don't really want people to come in and just buy the football club and not worry about the East Stand"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqyOtTA5pgU&feature=youtu.be
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23307 on: December 06, 2018, 19:32:37 pm »

Pretty much nothing new then!

Positive conversations with George....just as he said a few months ago. Work going on in the background....yeah no, you know.

Budget cuts or no budget cuts?? The budget needs addressing, and that will be done in this window or the next, but football first and finances second?

Doesn’t want to split off the land from the club, seemingly puts paid to the idea of a fans based/community based takeover.....the success of the club shouldn’t really be attached to what happens to the land around it, that’s my opinion anyway, KT’s seems to be that they are one, despite the club not actually owning nor controlling the land anyway!

I don’t know what to make of it all...KT seemingly has sold most of his share in the football club to David, yet keeps his half share of the vehicle controlling the land. Perhaps he should have been asked why that has happened?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23308 on: December 06, 2018, 21:52:02 pm »

Pretty much nothing new then!

Positive conversations with George....just as he said a few months ago. Work going on in the background....yeah no, you know.

Budget cuts or no budget cuts?? The budget needs addressing, and that will be done in this window or the next, but football first and finances second?

Doesn’t want to split off the land from the club, seemingly puts paid to the idea of a fans based/community based takeover.....the success of the club shouldn’t really be attached to what happens to the land around it, that’s my opinion anyway, KT’s seems to be that they are one, despite the club not actually owning nor controlling the land anyway!

I don’t know what to make of it all...KT seemingly has sold most of his share in the football club to David, yet keeps his half share of the vehicle controlling the land. Perhaps he should have been asked why that has happened?
I asked him via a radio show last month if the land was now anneced into the hands of private investors so no longer available for the clubs future use, he said it was never intended for the clubs enabling of redevelopment but
now it seems he has changed his stance?
Also it seems he no longer wants to spend more time in the US of A and wants to sell the club, but is instead continuing the 3 long years of talks with his old friends at the council to do his undisclosed things that is causing frustration to him but is still progressing well... FFS, what in the name of all that is sacred do you still need from the council, and should they grant it to you.. what will it look like? Artist impression perhaps  Wink
Only he knows the end game but still claims its frustrating him Grin
Suggest you sort something out then.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #23309 on: December 06, 2018, 22:40:19 pm »

Kelvin Thomas Youtube update on the redevelopment here:

On redevelopment

"Really good conversation with the Council..pleased with how that is progressing".

"Good discussion with the council about how we fix that in terms of linkage to the wider development and using all the land for the benefit of the football club"

"We can't do anything but work in the background"

On selling the club

"Ongoing, very fluid process"

"One of this big concerns for us is no-one comes in and separates the land from the football club"

"some of those discussions have been fallen a way, some of it has been a bit more property based...some of it has been just football club based and not property, there has to be a balance"

"We don't really want people to come in and just buy the football club and not worry about the East Stand"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqyOtTA5pgU&feature=youtu.be

Yes , but the KT consortium wouldn’t have been interested in us if it wasn’t for the land association .
No one realistically is going to be interested in a low level football club unless a knight in shining armour turns up from the West Stand that wins the Euro millions .
It’s a worrying situation really because I think KT has lost a bit of interest all round .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23310 on: December 06, 2018, 22:46:19 pm »

I sit in different parts of the West Stand, never the same seat, the only consistency is the whingeing not where I sit.

Try around seats 134 to 160 , you have got Macclesfield Cobb, Random near you. Not too many moaners. You are unlucky ! Try the South End of West?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:56:12 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3264

« Reply #23311 on: December 07, 2018, 05:10:16 am »

My take on KT's interview are these three main points;

1) the land will not be seperated from the club when sold on
2) the budget needs addressing in January or during the summer
3) he made no mention of talks progressing with one specific person or group of prospective owners.

I think it is time our Council tell the electorate what their plans are for the discussions with KT.....over to George Candler !!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #23312 on: December 07, 2018, 08:06:56 am »

The land is already separated from the club.
CDNL control ,via the long lease, the large tract of land that originally was lined up for housing.

The club controlled land is the part I believe he is talking about and if I’m right all the lease issues will be about where on the athletics track does club part end and CDNL part start as this was the shift done by DC/CDNL did to max out the amount of potential houses on the total site. I think it will be commercial development when it does happen as the land remediation won’t be the same.

If the lease issue was moving this boundary back to where it started from then the club still sits on a good parcel of land that could be used for its benefit or exploited for its detriment. Either way the club with the grassed areas all around the car park has a large amount of land compared to many similar level clubs.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23313 on: December 07, 2018, 08:32:18 am »

I hope KC and KT are on the same page regarding budgets - it sounds like Curle wants to be pretty active when the window opens and I believe that budgets were a reason he fell out with the Carlisle chairman/board.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #23314 on: December 07, 2018, 08:51:04 am »

I hope KC and KT are on the same page regarding budgets - it sounds like Curle wants to be pretty active when the window opens and I believe that budgets were a reason he fell out with the Carlisle chairman/board.

my guess would be the budget will be sorted in january unless there is a realistic chance of top 7.  Crooks, VV, Taylor, Facey i would imagine could all be off loaded in Jan if we wanted too and don't hold out for unrealistic transfer values.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #23315 on: December 07, 2018, 09:05:08 am »

Haven't heard it but interested to know exactly what KT said regarding budget?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #23316 on: December 07, 2018, 09:10:16 am »

my guess would be the budget will be sorted in january unless there is a realistic chance of top 7.  Crooks, VV, Taylor, Facey i would imagine could all be off loaded in Jan if we wanted too and don't hold out for unrealistic transfer values.
Who is going to want Taylor and Facey ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #23317 on: December 07, 2018, 09:35:41 am »

He flip flopped a bit. Essentially said the squad is too expensive now and will need sorting either in January or next summer but that football decisions will come before financial decisions when looking at players in January.

My guess is that Curle has been given a budget to cover both January and summer and needs to make sure it balances so if we see a lot of players come in during January we wont see any more in the summer, unless the high earners, or several lower earners leave. I dont know who / how many are out of contract in the summer.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23318 on: December 07, 2018, 10:46:43 am »

This is a redevelopment thread can we stick to the subject please.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #23319 on: December 07, 2018, 11:29:53 am »

Thanks, Unicobbler. It's going to be an interesting couple of transfer windows.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: