The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:33:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820446 times)
Larry, CobblerG, tcobb and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23540 on: January 02, 2019, 22:18:59 pm »

You do know that the football club generates around £4m of income without trying too hard without any business plans for growth, only stagnation

That is a totally pointless statement. Unless you know it’s operation costs.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23541 on: January 03, 2019, 02:54:00 am »

At no time did Thomas or the Cardozas pull millions out from their personal bank accounts to use for investment into the football club, so why do you think all of sudden we would need a vast amount of bank loans in order for any new owners/ consortium/ supporters run club to take the next step?
It would need a big push to entice 1500 lapsed fans to return and be joined by 1500 new recruits to get on board  in a stadium that is being redeveloped in stages with the help of dozens of local buisneses and well wishers making things happen.
I fully understand your blinkered point of view that things will remain at the same low point as it is now, but you must not underestimate how easily momentum builds when a Town and catchment find a genuine sense of pride and a belief in a local club and its efforts to rebuild its infrastructure.

If Northampton town fc had some real direction with genuine well publiced development plans that supporters can actully see and gives the stadium a professional outlook, they will back it to the hilt.
Our lowly football club with its 1980s facilities is not going attract bids in the millions so hopefully Thomas will off soon and the club able to finally see some steady growth.

I don’t, I just brought up the banking theme because it was mentioned again in the post I responded to. Random then mentioned the 4 million turnover like it has some bearing or relevance on my point. It doesn’t, hope this helps with the confusion?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23542 on: January 03, 2019, 11:27:00 am »

Melbourne, i like your posts because you know what youre talking about, although I think you will struggle to get the message across.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23543 on: January 03, 2019, 12:49:18 pm »

The trust have pledged to assess fan ownership in a recent statement, so the wheat will be sorted from the chaff soon regarding that topic.
Report Spam   Logged
Wattie

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23544 on: January 03, 2019, 13:14:25 pm »

Can I just re-iterate:

We have local councils who are in special measures due to failure of Fiscal Management.

No way will any Goverrnment body give NTFC any land or money.

Be grateful that NTFC still has a ground to play in.

Those who want more......  Buy the land, and lease it back to the club.....   Go on..... Do it, else shut the f@ up.  (Aparently, you only have to troll up to a bank and ask for £xM..... yes?Huh?)

(For those who say the club should do blah-di-blah..... get a business plan together & do it yourselves.....  You will be on to a multi-million-pound payout, as well as being the heroes of of NTFC !!!!!  )

Big hugs, my keyboard fantasists!

Spot on. Not sure what all the fuss is about i am sure kt and the board are doing everything they can within the current restraints of the post dc mess.

No talk of buckets yet. Poor management and players are the problem. We can't fill the groynd we have now so whats the rush with the east stand. Get things right on the pitch first and then maybe we will need the extra space.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #23545 on: January 03, 2019, 13:43:20 pm »

Sorry but turnover is quite relevant in today's business world. Snapchat for example has investors and massive debts, has lost $1 billion, there are loads of examples out there of companies losing many millions per year yet have bank funding.

The £4m also demonstrates that there is income so some flexibility in how u spend it.

The general divide in fans over ownership seems to come down to those like wattie who think that players and management are the problem, and me and others who think it is ownership and infrastructure

The fact that we had great management and players just 3 years ago yet here we are struggling to stay in the football league, with the same owner and infrastructure would suggest that is where the problem lies.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23546 on: January 03, 2019, 13:47:46 pm »

Melbourne, i like your posts because you know what youre talking about, although I think you will struggle to get the message across.

Grin

But he gets 9/10 for trying Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23547 on: January 03, 2019, 13:56:06 pm »

Spot on. Not sure what all the fuss is about i am sure kt and the board are doing everything they can within the current restraints of the post dc mess.

No talk of buckets yet. Poor management and players are the problem. We can't fill the groynd we have now so whats the rush with the east stand. Get things right on the pitch first and then maybe we will need the extra space.

Cheers Kelvin. Hope Florida is nice this time of year and that Bower is catching some good rays in Dubai.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23548 on: January 03, 2019, 16:48:05 pm »

Cheers Kelvin. Hope Florida is nice this time of year and that Bower is catching some good rays in Dubai.  Grin

I couldn't help thinking the same. Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #23549 on: January 03, 2019, 16:55:14 pm »

And just who employed the 5 managers since Wilder?.
The only thing KT And DB are trying hard to do is line their pockets and fooK off ASAP.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #23550 on: January 03, 2019, 17:39:31 pm »

And just who employed the 5 managers since Wilder?.
The only thing KT And DB are trying hard to do is line their pockets and fooK off ASAP.

They won't be going anywhere for a long time. This football club isn't an attractive proposition for anyone.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest3114

« Reply #23551 on: January 03, 2019, 21:22:37 pm »

Sorry but turnover is quite relevant in today's business world. Snapchat for example has investors and massive debts, has lost $1 billion, there are loads of examples out there of companies losing many millions per year yet have bank funding.

The £4m also demonstrates that there is income so some flexibility in how u spend it.

The general divide in fans over ownership seems to come down to those like wattie who think that players and management are the problem, and me and others who think it is ownership and infrastructure

The fact that we had great management and players just 3 years ago yet here we are struggling to stay in the football league, with the same owner and infrastructure would suggest that is where the problem lies.

Being in the today’s business world running a business Ill try to improve your commercial awareness by advising the following. If your operating costs are equivalent or greater than your turnover or if you have poor cashflow you have no flexibility whatsoever. Turnover is absolutely irrelevant. I would also say that most problems in football come from financial mismanagement and nativity. You are also wrong in that many supporters think that the issues with the club are both on and off the pitch, not one or the other The issue many have with the off the pitch aspirations on here is that they are unrealistic and unachievable. This often detracts from sensible conversations regarding the direction of the club, not that we have much chance of doing anything about it. By the way the answer to my earlier post which you chose to ignore for fear of saying something silly is 150k maximum. And only then if you embark on some nonsense bank serving practice like factored invoicing. As ridiculous and unbelievable that sounds, that’s a fact by the way, not opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23552 on: January 03, 2019, 21:39:21 pm »

With such comments you invite potential legal activity. Why dont you reign in a bit; its common knowledge how you feel so why continue to repeat it.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23553 on: January 03, 2019, 22:08:37 pm »

Being in the today’s business world running a business Ill try to improve your commercial awareness by advising the following. If your operating costs are equivalent or greater than your turnover or if you have poor cashflow you have no flexibility whatsoever. Turnover is absolutely irrelevant. I would also say that most problems in football come from financial mismanagement and nativity. You are also wrong in that many supporters think that the issues with the club are both on and off the pitch, not one or the other The issue many have with the off the pitch aspirations on here is that they are unrealistic and unachievable. This often detracts from sensible conversations regarding the direction of the club, not that we have much chance of doing anything about it. By the way the answer to my earlier post which you chose to ignore for fear of saying something silly is 150k maximum. And only then if you embark on some nonsense bank serving practice like factored invoicing. As ridiculous and unbelievable that sounds, that’s a fact by the way, not opinion.
Being so adverse to taking any risks is not going to get any ones  buisness very far.
You being 'in today's buisness world, running buisneses' should really know this.
Yes you need A bit working capitol and some collateral, so a club our size run closely and openly with its population, playing on a modern atmospheric stadium  should be looking to have a £5m a year turn over.

But if like you say we continue to promote extreme caution like we have done these past 20 years of zero growth, it has infact lost the club £2m a year and unable to earn from the transfer market.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #23554 on: January 03, 2019, 22:27:07 pm »

Being in the today’s business world running a business Ill try to improve your commercial awareness by advising the following. If your operating costs are equivalent or greater than your turnover or if you have poor cashflow you have no flexibility whatsoever. Turnover is absolutely irrelevant.
I have tried to explain to people in the past, about "turnover". And they just dont seem able to comprehend. The easy way to sum it up is thus, buy it, sell it for a lot less than you paid for it, and people will do a lot of business with you. Thus a lot of cash turnover.
You will not make a profit however..
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3114

« Reply #23555 on: January 03, 2019, 23:36:27 pm »

Being so adverse to taking any risks is not going to get any ones  buisness very far.
You being 'in today's buisness world, running buisneses' should really know this.
Yes you need A bit working capitol and some collateral, so a club our size run closely and openly with its population, playing on a modern atmospheric stadium  should be looking to have a £5m a year turn over.

But if like you say we continue to promote extreme caution like we have done these past 20 years of zero growth, it has infact lost the club £2m a year and unable to earn from the transfer market.

I’d say starting and currently running businesses that are world leaders in their field in 2 continents with multi million pound and dollar turnovers and good to outstanding profitability in both sectors was not an good example of exercising unreasonable caution and not getting very far? However it depends what I/we are being measured against Beds? Thanks for the advice though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #23556 on: January 04, 2019, 00:26:21 am »

So how do u explain companies like Uber, Twitter, Snapchat, Tesla, Thomas Cook, Restaurant Group, etc etc all losing millions and hundreds of millions per year?

In football since when has making a profit been the goal for most clubs?  Until the very recent boom in TV revenue the higher the league the more money the clubs u lost.

Almost every single country in the world spends more money than it earns, the world runs on credit and borrowings.

Wonder what excuses the naysayers will come up with next as the " wait and see" " give him time" ones have run their course.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23557 on: January 04, 2019, 00:54:51 am »

So how do u explain companies like Uber, Twitter, Snapchat, Tesla, Thomas Cook, Restaurant Group, etc etc all losing millions and hundreds of millions per year?

In football since when has making a profit been the goal for most clubs?  Until the very recent boom in TV revenue the higher the league the more money the clubs u lost.

Almost every single country in the world spends more money than it earns, the world runs on credit and borrowings.

Wonder what excuses the naysayers will come up with next as the " wait and see" " give him time" ones have run their course.
With regards to the companies you list, change in trading conditions or circumstances, investment in new products or infrastructure, expansion into new markets, financial misjudgment or any combination of, the possibilities are endless? Whilst the goal of football clubs is mainly sporting success, attracting investment is almost without exception about making a profit. The ability to obtain credit is directly related to the confidence the creditor has in their ability to recover the return on their investment from the debtor. What’s your point?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23558 on: January 04, 2019, 02:38:04 am »

Melbourne,  are you getting a headache with banging your head against a brick wall ?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3114

« Reply #23559 on: January 04, 2019, 04:40:04 am »

Melbourne,  are you getting a headache with banging your head against a brick wall ?  Grin
To be fair they are correct in that my credentials are completely irrelevant in this debate, alas I am an expert.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: