The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:31:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821010 times)
Coolcat and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.
FezNTFC

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23580 on: January 04, 2019, 12:43:47 pm »

My previous point seems to have been missed. The Trust are now going to seriously investigate fan ownership. So you'll see a bit of meat added to the bones of well meaning discussion on here.
This is taken from their Facebook page on Wednesday:

The second day of any new year is always a poignant one in the Trust calendar - on this day in 1992 NTFC Supporters Trust, the original football supporters trust, was born.
As we enter our 28th year, we hope that the frustrations and disappointments of 2018 will transform into a more hopeful and positive 2019 on and off the field.
The Trust has a number of goals this year and we would love your support, input and feedback to help us on our way.
We are hopeful of a breakthrough which will enable the east stand at Sixfields to finally be re-developed.
And while we understand that much of the detail of the negotiation between the council and football club is commercially sensitive, we think it is only fair for supporters to be given a meaningful position statement in terms of the scale of the intended development at Sixfields and a likely timescale.
The end of the Cardoza reign was unsatisfactorily shrouded by an all-encompassing veil of confidentiality - for reasons which then soon became painfully apparent.
We are quite clear in our view that we feel that any development on the Sixfields footprint should be for community benefit, along the lines of the original plans when the community stadium was built for the people of Northampton in 1994.
We are delighted that the stadium has been listed as an asset of community value but will be pressing the council to afford the same status to the surrounding land too.
We have also pledged to explore the idea of a fan ownership model for Northampton Town and will be reporting back on this shortly.
We admit that this presents many challenges and that it could only be reasonably done on the back of significant financial investment in the club.
Please join in the debate over the coming weeks and months, we would welcome any constructive views on the subject.
Finally, we are looking to communicate more effectively with the membership and the fanbase.
Many say they only hear from the Trust when the AGM mailout falls through the letterbox - it should be pointed out that we aim to keep mailing costs at a minimum.
But we are hoping to issue regular updates via email and social media, as well as holding open forums when applicable.
Any support you can give us would be much appreciated - while the club appears to be on a stable footing at present, we all know that rainy days never seem to be far away.
Up the Cobblers!

https://www.facebook.com/ntfcsupporterstrust
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #23581 on: January 04, 2019, 12:51:37 pm »

It is illegal to run a business that is insolvent, ie must be able to pay your expenses.

You keep asking for a business plan but how on earth can we provide much information without the accounts / financials ?

The business plan IS as I said, employee the best you can afford, create a real community, and basically understand what a football club has / is

Little things make a big difference and those differences add up to value in the eyes of the customer, creates loyalty and support, increases spending.

With the right people and systems in place it can be achieved although you will be battling deep entrenched attitudes and systems.

One example is stewarding. There should be two types of stewards  1: Most are customer services representing the club, helping the fans enjoy their experience. They are front line and should be far more valued, they have direct contact with the customers and are a great opportunity to enhance the fans view of the club   2. The 'bouncers' These should be out the way until needed not front line NOT representing the club to 'normal' fans.

Not quite true because the Football club has been insolvent for several years. That is why it requires the financial support of its shareholders to continue training. That is perfectly legal.

The issue is that a business plan must be drawn up to replace this backing if a fans led takeover is to proceed. Indeed that is true of any new owners. Failure to do so could render any New directors and any individuals of significant control personally liable for all the debts incurred.

My estimate would be thatTaking into account the share purchase cost,(£2M) cost of reconstruction i.e cancellation of contracts redundancies etc(£0.25M) covering the anticipated losses the financial year(£0.5M). providing Working Capital (£.5M)and a very basic completion of the East Stand(£1M) . The new owners would either have to inject this sum or at least provide guarantees to that level.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #23582 on: January 04, 2019, 13:00:51 pm »

The second day of any new year is always a poignant one in the Trust calendar - on this day in 1992 NTFC Supporters Trust, the original football supporters trust, was born.
As we enter our 28th year, we hope that the frustrations and disappointments of 2018 will transform into a more hopeful and positive 2019 on and off the field.
The Trust has a number of goals this year and we would love your support, input and feedback to help us on our way.
We are hopeful of a breakthrough which will enable the east stand at Sixfields to finally be re-developed.
And while we understand that much of the detail of the negotiation between the council and football club is commercially sensitive, we think it is only fair for supporters to be given a meaningful position statement in terms of the scale of the intended development at Sixfields and a likely timescale.
The end of the Cardoza reign was unsatisfactorily shrouded by an all-encompassing veil of confidentiality - for reasons which then soon became painfully apparent.
We are quite clear in our view that we feel that any development on the Sixfields footprint should be for community benefit, along the lines of the original plans when the community stadium was built for the people of Northampton in 1994.
We are delighted that the stadium has been listed as an asset of community value but will be pressing the council to afford the same status to the surrounding land too.
We have also pledged to explore the idea of a fan ownership model for Northampton Town and will be reporting back on this shortly.
We admit that this presents many challenges and that it could only be reasonably done on the back of significant financial investment in the club.
Please join in the debate over the coming weeks and months, we would welcome any constructive views on the subject.
Finally, we are looking to communicate more effectively with the membership and the fanbase.
Many say they only hear from the Trust when the AGM mailout falls through the letterbox - it should be pointed out that we aim to keep mailing costs at a minimum.
But we are hoping to issue regular updates via email and social media, as well as holding open forums when applicable.
Any support you can give us would be much appreciated - while the club appears to be on a stable footing at present, we all know that rainy days never seem to be far away.
Up the Cobblers!

does the trust know what support it requires?  not all of us want to sit round a table every month chewing the fat, plenty of us probably have skills and experience or time to dip in now and again to achieve specific objectives.  knowing what support is required might generate more volunteers. 

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23583 on: January 04, 2019, 13:02:01 pm »

Not quite true because the Football club has been insolvent for several years. That is why it requires the financial support of its shareholders to continue training. That is perfectly legal.

The issue is that a business plan must be drawn up to replace this backing if a fans led takeover is to proceed. Indeed that is true of any new owners. Failure to do so could render any New directors and any individuals of significant control personally liable for all the debts incurred.

My estimate would be thatTaking into account the share purchase cost,(£2M) cost of reconstruction i.e cancellation of contracts redundancies etc(£0.25M) covering the anticipated losses the financial year(£0.5M). providing Working Capital (£.5M)and a very basic completion of the East Stand(£1M) . The new owners would either have to inject this sum or at least provide guarantees to that level.

Some good points but let's leave the estimates out for now. They might be on the money or nowhere near.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23584 on: January 04, 2019, 13:04:58 pm »

does the trust know what support it requires?  not all of us want to sit round a table every month chewing the fat, plenty of us probably have skills and experience or time to dip in now and again to achieve specific objectives.  knowing what support is required might generate more volunteers. 

Sure that info will be forthcoming soon Fernando but you are right the skill set of the fan base is something that is massively under utilised by the club.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23585 on: January 04, 2019, 13:10:01 pm »

Nice that the Trust are setting some goals. Just a couple of points,
 maybe the Trust should mail their membership more often, "keeping costs down" is not a reason for not communicating. Very pleased that the Ground has become a community asset, not sure why the surrounding land needs to be though, is that what the fan base want ? I have no problem the Trust looking at the possibility of fan ownership, but the fan base as a whole need to be consulated on this very important matter, not just a few.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 13:14:25 pm by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3230

« Reply #23586 on: January 04, 2019, 13:13:16 pm »

Nice that the Trust are setting some goals. Just a couple of points,
 maybe the club should mail their membership more often, "keeping costs down" is not a reason for not communicating. Very pleased that the Ground has become a community asset, not sure why the surrounding land needs to be though, is that what the fan base want ? I have no problem the Trust looking at the possibility of fan ownership, but the fan base as a whole need to be consulated on this very important matter, not just a few.

I agree.

I think Fenners suggested asking ALL supporters and I'd fully agree with that.
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23587 on: January 04, 2019, 13:38:15 pm »

I've every sympathy with Melbourne's stance.

I have plenty of experience that is very relevant to this debate. I'm in no position to invest, but I am more than qualified to contribute to a sensible discussion in this or another forum.

Unfortunately, sensible discussion just doesn't prevail here. Even in the last few pages there are numerous examples of unsubstantiated conjecture (at best) being presented as fact. Worse though, the same few voices shout long and loud, aggressively stamping out any attempt to point out the flaws in their logic.

We should all bounce ideas around, but when a statement is plain wrong it should be called out as such. If we let pipe dreams and loud but unqualified opinions/advice dominate the discussion, we won't get anywhere. Realism has to win out, otherwise we're only here to argue with each other rather than contribute to something actually happening.

Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #23588 on: January 04, 2019, 13:43:39 pm »

Some good points but let's leave the estimates out for now. They might be on the money or nowhere near.

Agreed although the information I have and indeed shared on here before is that they are close to figures. Either way until you have that kind of support /backing you will not get access to the full figures. Its uo to those wanting to take this on that they have this level of support.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #23589 on: January 04, 2019, 13:43:58 pm »

Up the Cobblers!

The statement says 'We are hopeful of a breakthrough', could you please state why or who gave you that hope! ie; from the Council, from the owners or just blind hopefullness?

Supporters have had so much crap given to them over the past decade plus that they deserve some clarity, even if it is to say no news for 1 month, 1 year or a decade!!!

The support Cobblers fans still give the club is fantastic BUT they need a banner to get behind to show the direction to go..................I think it is called leadership!

Maybe like minded fans (with relevant skills) should contact the Trust to move forward the current situation, to the benefit of our beloved NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23590 on: January 04, 2019, 13:49:43 pm »

Agreed although the information I have and indeed shared on here before is that they are close to figures. Either way until you have that kind of support /backing you will not get access to the full figures. Its uo to those wanting to take this on that they have this level of support.

Yep fair play. the Trust is there to represent its members and I'm sure will address the subject with the requisite seriousness and communication.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23591 on: January 04, 2019, 13:55:05 pm »

Maybe the Trust should mail their membership more often, "keeping costs down" is not a reason for not communicating.
I agree.

Here's a trial email shot I put together for them from their Facebook posts in January (minus the Justin Edinburgh part of it Grin): https://mailchi.mp/2a7683ef9152/january-2019-newsletter

I've let the board know and they seem pretty keen on making it a monthly email to members.

Any feedback would be welcome via PM, especially any kind of features people would like to see, what they want to know each month from the Trust etc. That way I can help inform them on this moving forwards.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23592 on: January 04, 2019, 14:06:54 pm »

Melbourne was basically saying that you HAVE to make a profit to get funding, this simply is not true as the examples of snapchat, twitter etc prove without a shade of a doubt.
Once again the lines of communication appear to have broken down. To reiterate what I said was that the ability to obtain credit is directly related to the confidence the creditor has in their ability to recover the return on their investment from the debtor. So basically I didn’t say anything of the sort.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #23593 on: January 04, 2019, 14:17:23 pm »

It is illegal to run a business that is insolvent, ie must be able to pay your expenses.

You keep asking for a business plan but how on earth can we provide much information without the accounts / financials ?

The business plan IS as I said, employee the best you can afford, create a real community, and basically understand what a football club has / is

Little things make a big difference and those differences add up to value in the eyes of the customer, creates loyalty and support, increases spending.

With the right people and systems in place it can be achieved although you will be battling deep entrenched attitudes and systems.

One example is stewarding. There should be two types of stewards  1: Most are customer services representing the club, helping the fans enjoy their experience. They are front line and should be far more valued, they have direct contact with the customers and are a great opportunity to enhance the fans view of the club   2. The 'bouncers' These should be out the way until needed not front line NOT representing the club to 'normal' fans.

Not being petty  Smiley  but insolvency is the state of not being able to pay your debt which actually does not have a legal status - it is only when declared bankrupt (a measure to remedy insolvency) that it becomes illegal to trade.

Again I agree with your next point that you cannot have a meaningful business plan without access to the business's financial (a massive amount of guesswork on these boards on this subject by all parties) - but this is the problem given KT is the legitimate owner of NTFC and simply getting cross with him is going to achieve nothing  - a group, working along some of the very reasonable lines you suggest has to negotiate with him but the $64,000 question is who what and when..............  
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23594 on: January 04, 2019, 14:29:43 pm »

It's a funny old world but exactly my thoughts - the accusation of us of being sheep, sucking up to KT whilst proffering a plan in idea only seem to miss the point.

I'm bored with saying it but without a solid business plan, real backers with real investment capability nothing will happen - ideally a collective (so more than one person) and ideally those that have a real love of the club (so acquisition & speculation is not the main objective) .

I'm glad you have politely bitten back re your own business acumen and whilst I cannot claim your achievement of it being my own business, myself heading a 200m pa business with 400 employees would suggest I'm not totally stupid in recognizing flawed plans.  

In the defence of my sparing partners on here I have found that the accumulation of wealth is rarely based on merit. I don’t know about you but personally I am prone to errors of judgment as much as the next man, and have made some shockers in my time. So whilst I have ended up doing quite well relatively speaking, it could have quite easily have gone the other way many times. Therefore whilst I enjoy a debate about all this I think it’s important to try not to suppress opinions, although I have struggled with that one at times admittedly. Everybody makes good points from time to time and are worth listening to, at least that’s what I think. As a result with hind sight I sort of wish I hadn’t mentioned the credentials, although my adversaries didn’t seem impressed in any shape or form anyway, and good for them.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #23595 on: January 04, 2019, 14:36:00 pm »

In the defence of my sparing partners on here I have found that the accumulation of wealth is rarely based on merit. I don’t know about you but personally I am prone to errors of judgment as much as the next man, and have made some shockers in my time. So whilst I have ended up doing quite well relatively speaking, it could have quite easily have gone the other way many times. Therefore whilst I enjoy a debate about all this I think it’s important to try not to suppress opinions, although I have struggled with that one at times admittedly. Everybody makes good points from time to time and are worth listening to, at least that’s what I think. As a result with hind sight I sort of wish I hadn’t mentioned the credentials, although my adversaries didn’t seem impressed in any shape or form anyway, and good for them.

I wouldn't worry about what you have said about you credentials - you can't unsay them and I would agree that accumulation of wealth has many factors and certainly not always based on merit.

What I'm actually pleased about on this thread is a shift on sentiment where the different parties are seemingly agreeing on more points - not sure it is going to help the NTFC issues but it makes discussion more rewarding at least.......
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #23596 on: January 04, 2019, 14:48:37 pm »

Hi CW I am pretty sure a Ltd company must cease to trade once it cannot pay it debts hence why businesses go into administration so they can keep trading, at least in the short term. Obviously it is corporate law which like all laws is open to interpretation, I mean if you can borrow £10m to invest in your business, which you then keep for yourself and not pay back is still not a clear case of acting illegally then having cash flow problems / pay your bills and your legal operating status is certainly open to debate.

Hi Parrot, love it when all someone is obsessed with calling out other's fact claims whilst not actually mentioning which ones and why they don't deem them as facts, whilst again offering no actual input in thoughts or ideas. so why not actually contributed as you say you are qualified.

Again not sure where all this pie in the sky thinking is........  Other clubs with fan ownership did not start with a £2m + investment, i think most got control of the club for nothing and battle to improve the club by actually focussing on community.

KT got the club for £1 (plus any back handed he MAY have give DC for exclusivity at the time) he has gained valuable land which he / DC have separated away from NTFC, it is clear he doesn't want or value the football club and wants out. IMHO if he is given a free ride he will wait it out and run the club at cost neutral, just as DC did for the last 5 years of his reign.

Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23597 on: January 04, 2019, 15:44:32 pm »

Hi Parrot, love it when all someone is obsessed with calling out other's fact claims whilst not actually mentioning which ones and why they don't deem them as facts, whilst again offering no actual input in thoughts or ideas. so why not actually contributed as you say you are qualified.

I didn't mention you once in my post, so not sure why you felt the need to come after me? As for your question, I've answered it in my last post.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23598 on: January 04, 2019, 18:12:11 pm »

I will get shot down again but here goes, get ready to be upset again....... current season ticket holders and so most on here are not that important to the growth of the club   Who agrees? Who knows why I say that?  Melbourne, Hammy, Tcobb, GPC etc please let me know

Perhaps they are actually the least important to the growth of the club....because they are always there.....no matter which league we are playing in, what sort of football is served up, how comfortable their seat is, however much the pies are......

The 2000 or so hardcore, many of which have been there since Sixfields was opened will renew whatever. They are the captured element of a captive audience.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23599 on: January 04, 2019, 19:08:12 pm »

Reading (trying to) that Trust statement is more akin to making sense of the Magna Carta!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: