The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:16:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819211 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23640 on: January 10, 2019, 14:03:37 pm »

Rauldinho are you able to tell us anything positive that have come from these meetings?

Supporters want lots of different things but don't expect many asked for relegation, 4 managers, no development or little improvements at sixfields, a transfer policy that fails time and time again, no progress or thoughts of better training facilities, improved supporters facilities (for home and away fans) etc etc

'better training facilities' - thats a bit rich! Reports I have heard that the training facilities are first class! A Milton Keynes fan recently told me that the facilities at their end were fine, decent refreshments available. Toilets easily available and stewards were friendly and helpful. Who should I believe ?
Have you sampled the delights of Stanley, Oldham,Pompey and Luton yet as for example at Luton and Portsmouth you  cannot get to the refreshments without difficulty let alone the toilets. Add Cambridge and FGR to the list.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23641 on: January 10, 2019, 15:39:11 pm »

Rauldinho are you able to tell us anything positive that have come from these meetings?
Supporters want lots of different things but don't expect many asked for relegation, 4 managers, no development or little improvements at sixfields, a transfer policy that fails time and time again, no progress or thoughts of better training facilities, improved supporters facilities (for home and away fans) etc etc

I've not been to one unfortunately, so I cannot comment if there has been any success from things mentioned during them. I'm guessing you have and are not happy with the results?

It seems a better audience to be talking to about a lot of the concerns people have on here, especially those concerning redevelopment, an opportunity to put these things directly to the club (which is an issue people also complain about).
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23642 on: January 10, 2019, 16:31:13 pm »

How refreshing it will be to hear the wishes of the clubs supporters as to how they want to see our club move forward over being told the original little 1994 Sixfields is ok for league one, with the council blamed for the continuing  3.5 year delays stopping them spending the closely gaurded  ring fenced £4M.

Well done to all who organising this really important land mark meeting.
Get it well advertised with live streaming on Facebook to reach as many supporters as possible to fully gauge oppinion.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #23643 on: January 10, 2019, 16:34:23 pm »

How refreshing it will be to hear the wishes of the clubs supporters as to how they want to see our club move forward over being told the original little 1994 Sixfields is ok for league one, with the council blamed for the continuing  3.5 year delays stopping them spending the closely gaurded  ring fenced £4M.

Well done to all who organising this really important land mark meeting.
Get it well advertised with live streaming on Facebook to reach as many supporters as possible to fully gauge oppinion.

this meeting started in 2016, happens 3 times a year, i'd have thought you were a regular attendee
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23644 on: January 10, 2019, 21:03:43 pm »

this meeting started in 2016, happens 3 times a year, i'd have thought you were a regular attendee
That was the old closed shop secretive trust society meetings that thankfully are a thing of the past.
Its an open shop now, inviting 10s of thousands of Northamptonians to join them in leading the football club kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23645 on: January 10, 2019, 21:08:26 pm »

'better training facilities' - thats a bit rich! Reports I have heard that the training facilities are first class! A Milton Keynes fan recently told me that the facilities at their end were fine, decent refreshments available. Toilets easily available and stewards were friendly and helpful. Who should I believe ?
Have you sampled the delights of Stanley, Oldham,Pompey and Luton yet as for example at Luton and Portsmouth you  cannot get to the refreshments without difficulty let alone the toilets. Add Cambridge and FGR to the list.
So you would prefer Sixfields to Fratton Park? No, didn't think so!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #23646 on: January 10, 2019, 21:14:30 pm »

That was the old closed shop secretive trust society meetings that thankfully are a thing of the past.
Its an open shop now, inviting 10s of thousands of Northamptonians to join them in leading the football club kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

I have no idea what your going on about
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #23647 on: January 10, 2019, 23:26:40 pm »

As far as I know they had a couple in 2016 and, maybe another after that, the attendances after the first two were down to less than 20, none were held in 2018 to my knowledge. It's such an obvious move to try and under mind the Trust, I think its NTFC clutching at straws  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23648 on: January 10, 2019, 23:35:40 pm »

So, there's a lot to take in there, but does that mean that the council has lost its claim against the Cardozas?

The end 'summary' appears to be weighted against NBC but not conclusive! Should be interesting verdict.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23649 on: January 10, 2019, 23:39:16 pm »

So you would prefer Sixfields to Fratton Park? No, didn't think so!  Wink

Fratton park is a dump

Report Spam   Logged

guest3245

« Reply #23650 on: January 11, 2019, 01:13:59 am »

Fratton park is a dump

Sixfields is a dump, if you turn left at that T-junction roundabout.... you know the one I mean.
Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #23651 on: January 11, 2019, 06:08:53 am »

As far as I know they had a couple in 2016 and, maybe another after that, the attendances after the first two were down to less than 20, none were held in 2018 to my knowledge. It's such an obvious move to try and under mind the Trust, I think its NTFC clutching at straws  Sad

thanks for the info, also demonstrates the apathy of the support base and the significant challenge any group may have in galvanising it for a different ownership model or anything else.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23652 on: January 11, 2019, 09:47:30 am »

thanks for the info, also demonstrates the apathy of the support base and the significant challenge any group may have in galvanising it for a different ownership model or anything else.
All apathy has been born out of 20 years of Cardoza and Thomas's inability to show the slightest improvements to our stadium and the progress of our football club.
It could very easily be reversed.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23653 on: January 11, 2019, 09:54:50 am »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/fans_panel_feb2019/

"All supporters welcome to attend". 
An opportunity for all, I am sure that enough notice has been provided for those who would like to attend to do so and express their view and opinion directly especially as it will be post the transfer window?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #23654 on: January 11, 2019, 09:59:32 am »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/fans_panel_feb2019/

"All supporters welcome to attend". 
An opportunity for all, I am sure that enough notice has been provided for those who would like to attend to do so and express their view and opinion directly especially as it will be post the transfer window?
Could be an interesting evening as we will know what the clubs intent has been with regard to the playing side by then. Hopefully be able to find out a bit more about the off field ideas the club has.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23655 on: January 11, 2019, 12:32:49 pm »

Sixfields is a dump, if you turn left at that T-junction roundabout.... you know the one I mean.
Smiley

Compared with quite a few L2 and even some L1 grounds we are an acceptable "dump". Have you been to Fratton Park or Luton for that matter? They are real dumps and at Fratton Park the toilets are so old fashioned you literally stand in rivers of urine. That's if you can reach them in the first case. As for amenities at both they are terrible. Frankly you are speaking out of your backside.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23656 on: January 11, 2019, 12:55:47 pm »

Compared with quite a few L2 and even some L1 grounds we are an acceptable "dump". Have you been to Fratton Park or Luton for that matter? They are real dumps and at Fratton Park the toilets are so old fashioned you literally stand in rivers of urine. That's if you can reach them in the first case. As for amenities at both they are terrible. Frankly you are speaking out of your backside.

An "acceptable dump"?? Wow, thats a bold statement to make! Its all in the eyes of the beholder I guess. You accpet it...others don't

Some see Fratton Park as a dump, some see it as an old ground with lots of character and a cracking atmosphere.

Sixfields was pretty modern and plush....in 1994! But now its 2019, 25 years have passed and pretty much nothing has been done with the ground. Thats a hard fact for some to swallow I know! In fact, i'd go as far as to say its a worse ground now than it was then......the ground won awards for disabled facilities back in the day. Since the demolition of the viewing gallery and removal of the lift etc our disabled fans have been left out in the cold in more ways than one.

Still, each to their own eh? Everyone is entitled to their own opinon aren't they Evers?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #23657 on: January 11, 2019, 17:21:34 pm »

All apathy has been born out of 20 years of Cardoza and Thomas's inability to show the slightest improvements to our stadium and the progress of our football club.
It could very easily be reversed.

You know as well as everyone else on here that the apathy was around long before anyone had heard the name Cardoza. I can't remember anyone campaigning to have some sort of decent sanitation(the Roman's didn't give it to us) behind the Hotel End and we turned out week after week to watch dross on the pitch with Youth Opportunity players and journeymen just making a wage. Mind you there was a decent atmosphere.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #23658 on: January 11, 2019, 17:46:04 pm »

Evers, if you are seriously trying to say that Sixfields is superior to Fratton Park, then your last sentence indeed applies to you!
You think the whole stadium (19,500 capacity, large atmospheric home and away ends, old skool Archibald Leitch Main stands and floodlights...) issue is based on your opinion of a toilet cubicle???
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 17:47:49 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23659 on: January 11, 2019, 22:24:15 pm »

Evers, if you are seriously trying to say that Sixfields is superior to Fratton Park, then your last sentence indeed applies to you!
You think the whole stadium (19,500 capacity, large atmospheric home and away ends, old skool Archibald Leitch Main stands and floodlights...) issue is based on your opinion of a toilet cubicle???

You might like Fratton Park but I think the amenities are pp and the cramped seating arrangements are shoddy.  Huh? Have you been to Fratton Park?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: