The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:18:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820982 times)
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #23780 on: January 16, 2019, 15:26:29 pm »

Not only do the Northampton public care very much for its football club, So does the whole football league.
We have allowed ourselves to be cheated from exciting profitable fixtures against local teams such as , Cov Luton, Posh, Oxford, Walsall etc and interesting match ups against the likes of Portsmouth Charlton, Sunderland and many more this season costing us over £1.5m due to our owners inability to run our football club in a manner that allows it to retain league 1 status and  be competitive.
It's our owners that dont really care long term not our clubs supporters .

The Northampton public do not care. NTFC fans care about what is going on. What you forget is that a very large proportion of the people in your catchment area argument are incomers, with historical links to other clubs(mainly London clubs) and the rest of them follow the eggchasers. I know several people who are Northampton born and bred who get on the train week in week out down to London or wherever their team is playing, because that's what they used to do with their Dads and Uncles. What we have failed to do not only over the Cardoza and KT stewardships is grab the youngsters at school level and this should have been ongoing from the 70's. If we don't get them young we will not get them at all and they will get their matchday experience in front of the TV from Sky Sports.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23781 on: January 16, 2019, 16:24:35 pm »

The Northampton public do not care. NTFC fans care about what is going on. What you forget is that a very large proportion of the people in your catchment area argument are incomers, with historical links to other clubs(mainly London clubs) and the rest of them follow the eggchasers. I know several people who are Northampton born and bred who get on the train week in week out down to London or wherever their team is playing, because that's what they used to do with their Dads and Uncles. What we have failed to do not only over the Cardoza and KT stewardships is grab the youngsters at school level and this should have been ongoing from the 70's. If we don't get them young we will not get them at all and they will get their matchday experience in front of the TV from Sky Sports.
41,000/33,000/21,500 fans for our three Wembley appearences, not to mention the, albeit completely off the scale, 7000 to MK suggests that given factors, there certainly is support in the county and beyond.
I agree to an extent that catching fans young is the way forward - but that requires more than success on the pitch - dare I say look at MK down the road, whose second generation fans are just about hatching from their eggs and actually travelling away!
The parents' historical links argument hits almost every club...which is why we have a Stone Island wearing, Yorkshire thru and thru nineteen year old lad in Hull, supporting the Cobblers!
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #23782 on: January 16, 2019, 16:28:25 pm »

41,000/33,000/21,500 fans for our three Wembley appearences, not to mention the, albeit completely off the scale, 7000 to MK suggests that given factors, there certainly is support in the county and beyond.
I agree to an extent that catching fans young is the way forward - but that requires more than success on the pitch - dare I say look at MK down the road, whose second generation fans are just about hatching from their eggs and actually travelling away!
The parents' historical links argument hits almost every club...which is why we have a Stone Island wearing, Yorkshire thru and thru nineteen year old lad in Hull, supporting the Cobblers!

At least I know I'm not alone then.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23783 on: January 16, 2019, 16:53:37 pm »

It would be pointless to try and encourage a new generation of cobblers fans to a non leaguish Sixfields in its present pityful state as it would not entice them to return.
Once we have the place resembling a professional atmospheric stadium playing competitively in League one, we will see them turn up, love the feel of the place, like what they see and hear so they bring a friend to the next game and before long they will be breaking down the doors to get in.

I fully understand why For 30 plus years many thousands of Northamptonians  have gone and watched some other towns clubs, it's what their fathers did so they just follow suit without question or shame as sadly the Cobblers have never had the infrastructure to sustain anything more than being an embarrassment of a club.
Thankfully this can easily be rectified over a couple of short seasons and see the tide turn.

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23784 on: January 16, 2019, 17:24:44 pm »

No I wont - you know very well what I meant and Iniesta was the hero of your movement.

I do agree might have misspelt his name tho' - some on here may help.

WTF are you talking about? You really are a plum! Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23785 on: January 16, 2019, 17:53:37 pm »

At least I know I'm not alone then.

If it helps you are not quite alone Wink  I dont quite agree with some of your comments as to me those Wembley experiences suggested that we have a substantial fan base. How to tap into that fan base is the 69k Dollar question. What is disappointing that during the Championship Season our attendances failed to materialize sufficiently to encourage NTFC to push for Ground improvement.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23786 on: January 16, 2019, 18:04:16 pm »

WTF are you talking about? You really are a plum! Roll Eyes

Again - you were party to the exchanges following that meeting  and well before that too. I refuse to submit to low level bullying tactics and find it extraordinary that you now find it impossible to recall those heady days. If I remember correctly you were challenged why you did not attend that meeting. Seems like you are suffering from short memory syndrome? Trawl thro the threads you will locate the relevant threads. Good luck though.
Report Spam   Logged

cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #23787 on: January 16, 2019, 18:08:20 pm »

It would be pointless to try and encourage a new generation of cobblers fans to a non leaguish Sixfields in its present pityful state as it would not entice them to return.

Total tosh....Majority of young kids visiting sixfields know no better as they probably haven't been to another ground ..I remember my first game at the County Ground and thought it was the dogs nuts. However,looking back...….
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23788 on: January 16, 2019, 18:28:15 pm »

Total tosh....Majority of young kids visiting sixfields know no better as they probably haven't been to another ground ..I remember my first game at the County Ground and thought it was the dogs nuts. However,looking back...….
Can you imagine your excitement had it really been the dogs nuts?
I doubt even the most imaginative young kids would ever look at Sixfields as being a real stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #23789 on: January 16, 2019, 19:52:45 pm »

Can you imagine your excitement had it really been the dogs nuts?
I doubt even the most imaginative young kids would ever look at Sixfields as being a real stadium.

Have just asked my nine year old, who has been with me to about 30 games now, what his opinion of going to Sixfields is, and he replied;

It doesn't matter where you sit, you get a good view of the game. I like the West stand because it has the best view.

He did then temper this by saying that it was a shame that we are playing rubbish though! Out of the mouths of children eh?!

However, his statements do raise some salient points, which have already been covered I think?

Do we invest in the infrastructure in order to attract & retain more supporters or will more supporters come naturally if they are watching an entertaining, winning team? Which should come first, or should both aspects be tackled simultaneously?

The attendances in the championship winning season did start to rise to the point where half of the South stand was assigned to home supporters on, from memory, three occasions. The will was there at the time but it was sadly extinguished within half a season with Page and JED at the helm. All momentum was then lost and we have gone backwards ever since. For those that back KT to the hilt, the buck has to stop at his door for this because, as Chairman, the overall strategy for manager recruitment is his, as is setting the strategy for off field activity.

So, and this is the million dollar question, what now???
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23790 on: January 16, 2019, 19:58:26 pm »

Once we have the place resembling a professional atmospheric stadium playing competitively in League one, we will see them turn up, love the feel of the place, like what they see and hear so they bring a friend to the next game and before long they will be breaking down the doors to get in.

I fully understand why For 30 plus years many thousands of Northamptonians  have gone and watched some other towns clubs, it's what their fathers did so they just follow suit without question or shame as sadly the Cobblers have never had the infrastructure to sustain anything more than being an embarrassment of a club.
Thankfully this can easily be rectified over a couple of short seasons and see the tide turn.

I reckon about half the contributors on here if not more started following the club at the county ground. When I was 6 I didn’t give a stuff about the ground. All I cared about was the club winning and on rare occasions superstar players turning up. That’s not to say the ground doesn’t matter because it does and will without question have an affect. Again you put forward a completely biased and ridiculous argument to attempt to manipulate people to follow your agenda. Trouble is you’d have to be thick as pig sh1t not to see through it. People hate attempts at being manipulated and will often push back and resist if they feel this is what is happening. Add a bit of balance and reason to your arguments and people may listen to the points you raise more readily.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23791 on: January 16, 2019, 20:13:52 pm »

Have just asked my nine year old, who has been with me to about 30 games now, what his opinion of going to Sixfields is, and he replied;

It doesn't matter where you sit, you get a good view of the game. I like the West stand because it has the best view.

He did then temper this by saying that it was a shame that we are playing rubbish though! Out of the mouths of children eh?!

However, his statements do raise some salient points, which have already been covered I think?

Do we invest in the infrastructure in order to attract & retain more supporters or will more supporters come naturally if they are watching an entertaining, winning team? Which should come first, or should both aspects be tackled simultaneously?

The attendances in the championship winning season did start to rise to the point where half of the South stand was assigned to home supporters on, from memory, three occasions. The will was there at the time but it was sadly extinguished within half a season with Page and JED at the helm. All momentum was then lost and we have gone backwards ever since. For those that back KT to the hilt, the buck has to stop at his door for this because, as Chairman, the overall strategy for manager recruitment is his, as is setting the strategy for off field activity.

So, and this is the million dollar question, what now???
3000 shareholders in the club amounts to 3 thousand salesmen. Doing something radical would almost certainly be of interest to businesses who may then consider associating themselves with it. It also promotes the romantic idea of the underdog which is an eternally popular idea. At least that’s what I think. That is the real point “I think”, all well and good but with something this important you don’t want to think, you have to know. Therefore the Trust or whoever canvassing opinion is vital. The canvassing process also has to be considered including addressing some of the major hurdles. If possible the additional canvassing of a snapshot of local businesses of various sizes would also indicate how attractive some of the ideas for the future of the club would be to them? Like I said with something like this you don’t want to think you want to know. That is going to take carefully considered action and participation.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #23792 on: January 16, 2019, 20:20:50 pm »

Yep. I've still got a photo of my then 8 year old stepdaughter standing on the hill outside Sixfields, wafting a scarf around and yelling with excitement at attending her first ever football match.
When her and her brother later attended their first game as season ticket holders they just happened to be picked out of the crowd to be be flag wavers greeting the players out. They were thrilled. Funnily enough, the fact the stadium only held about 7000 people at that point didn't seem to diminish the moment for them.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23793 on: January 16, 2019, 20:28:16 pm »

Again - you were party to the exchanges following that meeting  and well before that too. I refuse to submit to low level bullying tactics and find it extraordinary that you now find it impossible to recall those heady days. If I remember correctly you were challenged why you did not attend that meeting. Seems like you are suffering from short memory syndrome? Trawl thro the threads you will locate the relevant threads. Good luck though.

Once again: You refer to someone named 'Iniesta' leading some mythical 'movement'. Explain yourself, or else admit you are lying and making things up, again!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #23794 on: January 16, 2019, 20:57:52 pm »

Once again: You refer to someone named 'Iniesta' leading some mythical 'movement'. Explain yourself, or else admit you are lying and making things up, again!

Once again you use threats; demanding explanations. Once again it was not made up it was a Trust Meeting with Cardoza  in attendance. I am astonished at your attitude and your failure to remember an important meeting.

post edit:

Sorry mislead you on name : the correct spelling is Iest_ntfc
Date of Meeting 20th Feb 2014 so I got the year wrong too.
Steve Riches did a report on the meeting 26th Feb 2014

Again I am sorry you were inadvertently advised the incorrect name and year. So much has passed under the bridge since 2014 and clearly my recollection of events dont match yours. I have no more comments to make to you on the subject.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 22:32:21 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23795 on: January 16, 2019, 21:13:27 pm »

That's true regarding seven year olds... certainly, Beds is spot on regarding the 12+ year olds... not to mention adults!

However old you were - and when you first went to a Cobblers game is well in the past...the football and sport in general experience has well and truly changed, have you not noticed the development of Franklins Gardens in the last fifteen years or so?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23796 on: January 17, 2019, 00:52:29 am »

Once again you use threats; demanding explanations. Once again it was not made up it was a Trust Meeting with Cardoza  in attendance. I am astonished at your attitude and your failure to remember an important meeting.

post edit:

Sorry mislead you on name : the correct spelling is Iest_ntfc
Date of Meeting 20th Feb 2014 so I got the year wrong too.
Steve Riches did a report on the meeting 26th Feb 2014

Again I am sorry you were inadvertently advised the incorrect name and year. So much has passed under the bridge since 2014 and clearly my recollection of events dont match yours. I have no more comments to make to you on the subject.

You made me laugh out loud! Grin You've been firing off salvos at me, and yet you not only incorrectly named the bloke you were talking about, you also gave the wrong year. Brilliant! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23797 on: January 17, 2019, 05:43:20 am »

Why do i have to forward my business credentials for you to believe in what i say?

I haven't said we are going to do this or this or this have I?

I am only asking people on here to want more for our football club, I have not asked them for money or to vote for me. Yes I am against those that have hurt or belittled or damaged or stolen from my beloved football club, I have no idea why I am this passionate about NTFC, I just am.

What I really don't understand Evers is your total unstinting support for DC and now KT and your total destain for those genuine people who only want a football club to be proud of. You ask no questions or utter any words of discord about DC and KT but are quick to question the IQ of those who come up with far more intelligent comment and ideas that you have ever done.

Well, the fact is Random that Beds has by far the best proposal on this forum. It involves the take over of a club with a 4 million turnover but no profit. Then his plan is to easily achieve a growth rate of 50% (his words not mine) and redevelop the ground with corporate boxes out of profit that doesn’t currently exist. Additionally this will be achieved with no capital investment. All apparently also achieved in an environment that until developed, he claims is the current cause of the clubs stagnation. That is an incredibly attractive proposition. However with any proposal it is axiomatic that the greater the claims the greater the levels of scepticism and incredulity of the individuals and bodies you are presenting the idea or proposal to. This doesn’t present a problem because you then move onto the most important part of any proposal which is called “proof of concept”. At this point the people you are trying to influence ask challenging and probing questions which the proposer hopefully answers with a considerable degree of confidence and assertiveness proving the concept. In the event the proposer becomes evasive then it should quickly becomes apparent that there is no proof of concept and the proposal is anywhere between a nice dream and the delusional ramblings of a fantasist. At every point when challenged Beds ducks or evades the question without exception. Therefore it’s neither intelligent commentary or even an idea, and given the considerable future levels of success claimed in his proposal, I would put it at the upper end on the nonsense scale. I accept this is dsappointing for everyone given the attractive nature of his claims, but never the less true I’m afraid and that’s just the way it is. If Beds, you or anyone else believes in his proposal and are frustrated at constantly being criticised, then come up with a proof of concept to back up the claims, simples. If not, given the refusal to back up the claims, it’s not unreasonable to expect that the criticism and incredulity expressed by others will continue.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23798 on: January 17, 2019, 07:42:07 am »

I reckon about half the contributors on here if not more started following the club at the county ground. When I was 6 I didn’t give a stuff about the ground. All I cared about was the club winning and on rare occasions superstar players turning up. That’s not to say the ground doesn’t matter because it does and will without question have an affect. Again you put forward a completely biased and ridiculous argument to attempt to manipulate people to follow your agenda. Trouble is you’d have to be thick as pig sh1t not to see through it. People hate attempts at being manipulated and will often push back and resist if they feel this is what is happening. Add a bit of balance and reason to your arguments and people may listen to the points you raise more readily.
It's not manipulation of others thought process to suggest as a club giving a poor match day experience in a tiny unatmospheric ground, that is way below the expectation of a large towns professional football club, it will struggle to sell and grow its product.
I could at this point accuse you of making excuses for our continual failure to escape league 2, but I wont.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23799 on: January 17, 2019, 08:49:27 am »

Well, the fact is Random that Beds has by far the best proposal on this forum. It involves the take over of a club with a 4 million turnover but no profit. Then his plan is to easily achieve a growth rate of 50% (his words not mine) and redevelop the ground with corporate boxes out of profit that doesn’t currently exist. Additionally this will be achieved with no capital investment. All apparently also achieved in an environment that until developed, he claims is the current cause of the clubs stagnation. That is an incredibly attractive proposition. However with any proposal it is axiomatic that the greater the claims the greater the levels of scepticism and incredulity of the individuals and bodies you are presenting the idea or proposal to. This doesn’t present a problem because you then move onto the most important part of any proposal which is called “proof of concept”. At this point the people you are trying to influence ask challenging and probing questions which the proposer hopefully answers with a considerable degree of confidence and assertiveness proving the concept. In the event the proposer becomes evasive then it should quickly becomes apparent that there is no proof of concept and the proposal is anywhere between a nice dream and the delusional ramblings of a fantasist. At every point when challenged Beds ducks or evades the question without exception. Therefore it’s neither intelligent commentary or even an idea, and given the considerable future levels of success claimed in his proposal, I would put it at the upper end on the nonsense scale. I accept this is dsappointing for everyone given the attractive nature of his claims, but never the less true I’m afraid and that’s just the way it is. If Beds, you or anyone else believes in his proposal and are frustrated at constantly being criticised, then come up with a proof of concept to back up the claims, simples. If not, given the refusal to back up the claims, it’s not unreasonable to expect that the criticism and incredulity expressed by others will continue.
Firstly to achieve a  50% increase in all ntfc matchday revenues streams would take just a 1% increase from our catchment to turn up more regularly.
Admittedly that wont happen in an undeveloped little 1980s style sixfields as KT being the latest outsider to find out the hard way that Northampton sports fans expect much better.
As for proof of concept,  without a fully functional east stand and extra capacity to play in league 1, we can't survive so no proof needed their.
Several businesses paying up front for 5 seasons to take the best corporate boxes, would go a long way to pay for the fit out the east stand with boxes bars and resturants.
1000 current supporters/ local buisneses  paying for a 3 year fixed price transferable season tickets would raise £1,000,000  towards the extra 3000 capacity in the form of a bank of terracing  required to sell more tickets to league 1 games allowing open pay on the day, without restrictions.
Combined with several well known and workable fund raising ideas and grants, you have your proof of concept right there.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: