The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:37:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822019 times)
Melbourne Cobbler (+ 1 Hidden) and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest3114

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #23800 on: January 17, 2019, 08:54:18 am »

It's not manipulation of others thought process to suggest as a club giving a poor match day experience in a tiny unatmospheric ground, that is way below the expectation of a large towns professional football club, it will struggle to sell and grow its product.
I could at this point accuse you of making excuses for our continual failure to escape league 2, but I wont.

That’s not what I said you are using to manipulate people, and I make no excuses for our continual failure to escape league 2, so you can accuse me of that if you wish? You wont mind if I challenge that accusation as well though will you? To reiterate I believe your proposals are unworkable fantasy and when pressed you continually evade the opportunity to clarify or elaborate because I believe you can’t. If you truly want change as do I and most on this forum then modify your approach and propose something that will achieve popular support because it’s a fact that this will be the only catalyst for change. I don’t believe you are stupid or lack intelligence so the fact you don’t and continue to promote your line of reasoning despite the amount of derision you receive suggests that you have some alternative or additional motivation that remains a mystery and probably always will. Whatever the reason all be it to prove you are right, ego, to save face or whatever you clearly hold this motive  in higher regard than change at the club which you claim to be desperate for? Otherwise you would change tack and propose something reasonable that the majority will get behind and possibly get a real opportunity for change? It’s up to you.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #23801 on: January 17, 2019, 09:00:41 am »

Luton Town receive planning permission for new 23k stadium with bars, restaurants, a hotel and housing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-46898086
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23802 on: January 17, 2019, 09:03:57 am »

Firstly to achieve a  50% increase in all ntfc matchday revenues streams would take just a 1% increase from our catchment to turn up more regularly.
Admittedly that wont happen in an undeveloped little 1980s style sixfields as KT being the latest outsider to find out the hard way that Northampton sports fans expect much better.
As for proof of concept,  without a fully functional east stand and extra capacity to play in league 1, we can't survive so no proof needed their.
Several businesses paying up front for 5 seasons to take the best corporate boxes, would go a long way to pay for the fit out the east stand with boxes bars and resturants.
1000 current supporters/ local buisneses  paying for a 3 year fixed price transferable season tickets would raise £1,000,000  towards the extra 3000 capacity in the form of a bank of terracing  required to sell more tickets to league 1 games allowing open pay on the day, without restrictions.
Combined with several well known and workable fund raising ideas and grants, you have your proof of concept right there.

oh dear, that is not proof of concept that is opinion and nothing more. Things are becoming a little clearer, you have no idea what a proper proof of concept is do you, so no that’s not my proof right there. You better find out because you won’t get many businesses buying into advances in cash without it. Sorry I forgot, you don’t do research or take onboard the views of others? Getting businesses to pay in advance for goods and services they regularly use and want is a near impossibility. Not that it matters, I’ve got more chance of becoming the Pope than seeing this get off the ground.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23803 on: January 17, 2019, 09:07:10 am »

Luton Town receive planning permission for new 23k stadium with bars, restaurants, a hotel and housing.

It just shows what is achievable with proper funding, Beds take note?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23804 on: January 17, 2019, 09:17:57 am »

That’s not what I said you are using to manipulate people, and I make no excuses for our continual failure to escape league 2, so you can accuse me of that if you wish? You wont mind if I challenge that accusation as well though will you? To reiterate I believe your proposals are unworkable fantasy and when pressed you continually evade the opportunity to clarify or elaborate because I believe you can’t. If you truly want change as do I and most on this forum then modify your approach and propose something that will achieve popular support because it’s a fact that this will be the only catalyst for change. I don’t believe you are stupid or lack intelligence so the fact you don’t and continue to promote your line of reasoning despite the amount of derision you receive suggests that you have some alternative or additional motivation that remains a mystery and probably always will. Whatever the reason all be it to prove you are right, ego, to save face or whatever you clearly hold this motive  in higher regard than change at the club which you claim to be desperate for? Otherwise you would change tack and propose something reasonable that the majority will get behind and possibly get a real opportunity for change? It’s up to you.
We can all agree that the east stand needs fitting out to as good as it can be, but the only other suggestions were to turn the little stands into something resembling Burton latimers ground or cardozas master plan to infill the corners, so until someone comes up with a better solution to our low capacity problem, a bank of terracing is cost effective and popular and maybe  our only option.
 Its quite popular amoungst younger fans. 'Kop' ends are being introduced in modern stadium like spurs who have a massive 17000 bank of safe standing in their new ground.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23805 on: January 17, 2019, 09:19:34 am »

but in the absence of proper funding?
Do nothing?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #23806 on: January 17, 2019, 09:26:09 am »

Ironic really that developing a site near the motorway isn’t something we’d thought of to pay for it all !
If only we’d had that.

http://www.2020developments.co.uk/newlandspark/ 
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3114

« Reply #23807 on: January 17, 2019, 09:27:19 am »

We can all agree that the east stand needs fitting out to as good as it can be, but the only other suggestions were to turn the little stands into something resembling Burton latimers ground or cardozas master plan to infill the corners, so until someone comes up with a better solution to our low capacity problem, a bank of terracing is cost effective and popular and maybe  our only option.
 Its quite popular amoungst younger fans. 'Kop' ends are being introduced in modern stadium like spurs who have a massive 17000 bank of safe standing in their new ground.

Now you see, that’s more like it. Reasonably achievable, but how are we going to fund it? Beds mate I’m not having a go despite the rhetoric but as a collective we simply have to come up with a reasonable way to get funding. It’s going to be exceptionally difficult but not impossible. I’ve suggested an avenue to investigate and there will be others. If we pull together and take this stage by stage in bite size chunks with reasonable and considered decisions we might just get somewhere, maybe. Without patronising you please just put all that energy and enthusiasm into something that the majority will buy into. It’s the only way.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23808 on: January 17, 2019, 09:31:29 am »

Once again: You refer to someone named 'Iniesta' leading some mythical 'movement'. Explain yourself, or else admit you are lying and making things up, again!
He means Iestyn to stop this dragging on...or are you both just ensuring the thread eases past the 1200 mark?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23809 on: January 17, 2019, 09:45:56 am »

Now you see, that’s more like it. Reasonably achievable, but how are we going to fund it? Beds mate I’m not having a go despite the rhetoric but as a collective we simply have to come up with a reasonable way to get funding. It’s going to be exceptionally difficult but not impossible. I’ve suggested an avenue to investigate and there will be others. If we pull together and take this stage by stage in bite size chunks with reasonable and considered decisions we might just get somewhere, maybe. Without patronising you please just put all that energy and enthusiasm into something that the majority will buy into. It’s the only way.
The beauty of getting to the stage where you can't afford not to find the funds, they then become very easily found.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23810 on: January 17, 2019, 10:07:02 am »

The beauty of getting to the stage where you can't afford not to find the funds, they then become very easily found.

I don’t know about easily but they can be found. There is always a way if there’s a will, especially a collective one. Have we just agreed on something???
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #23811 on: January 17, 2019, 10:09:50 am »

JOINT STATEMENT: NORTHAMPTON BOROUGH COUNCIL AND NORTHAMPTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/boroguh_council_joint_statement/

Northampton Borough Council and Northampton Town Football Club (NTFC) have today jointly confirmed that positive discussions are continuing to be had on a range of topics including the development of the East Stand at the PTS Academy Stadium.

The Borough Council and NTFC are not able, at this stage, to provide detailed information or a time frame for these discussions to be completed but they have both confirmed the outcomes will be to everyone’s benefit including both supporters of the club and the wider public and be deliverable within a realistic timeframe. Whilst discussions have included nearby land under the control of CDNL (County Development Northampton Limited) both parties are clear that the completion of the East Stand will come first.

Further information will be provided as and when possible, but this is a complicated and technical discussion with both the Borough Council and NTFC very anxious to avoid creating any further difficulties or delays, and it is now important to allow these discussions to complete to ensure a positive conclusion is reached.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #23812 on: January 17, 2019, 10:12:08 am »

JOINT STATEMENT: NORTHAMPTON BOROUGH COUNCIL AND NORTHAMPTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/boroguh_council_joint_statement/

Northampton Borough Council and Northampton Town Football Club (NTFC) have today jointly confirmed that positive discussions are continuing to be had on a range of topics including the development of the East Stand at the PTS Academy Stadium.

The Borough Council and NTFC are not able, at this stage, to provide detailed information or a time frame for these discussions to be completed but they have both confirmed the outcomes will be to everyone’s benefit including both supporters of the club and the wider public and be deliverable within a realistic timeframe. Whilst discussions have included nearby land under the control of CDNL (County Development Northampton Limited) both parties are clear that the completion of the East Stand will come first.

Further information will be provided as and when possible, but this is a complicated and technical discussion with both the Borough Council and NTFC very anxious to avoid creating any further difficulties or delays, and it is now important to allow these discussions to complete to ensure a positive conclusion is reached.

what a load of pointless bollocks
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23813 on: January 17, 2019, 10:30:45 am »

what a load of pointless bollocks

Certainly not pointless. A public statement to attempt to appease the masses and subdue any rising unrest that may be occurring due to the prolonged silence and absence of activity. The only reasonable course of action that could have been taken by the board, short of actually doing something obviously. It’s the old adage of the 5 pronged stalling tactic.
Stage 1 We are going to do something but we are being prevented from doing it.
Stage 2 We want to do something but there’s nothing we can do?
Stage 3. We are talking to the other parties and maybe there’s something we can do?
Stage 4. We have agreed to do something but we’re not sure when?
Stage 5 . Maybe there’s something we could have done but it’s too late now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #23814 on: January 17, 2019, 11:03:41 am »

Supporters are cynical because we have heard it ALL before, time and time again!!!

Therefore timescales;
                                      one MONTH?
                                      one YEAR?
                                      one DECADE?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #23815 on: January 17, 2019, 11:09:44 am »

Hopefully NBC are pushing the agenda of finishing their leased stadium before considering planning applications on adjoining land and holding this line if possible to do this

Whether or not this would prevent the current ownership of CDNL selling it on as it is and also their stake in NTFC is another question. DC had several offers up to £24 million for the land before it went belly up.
What would stop anyone else making similar offers?
The only thing stoppping me if in a similar position would be having the belief that a developed site would realise significantly more.

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #23816 on: January 17, 2019, 11:20:27 am »

Yep. I've still got a photo of my then 8 year old stepdaughter standing on the hill outside Sixfields, wafting a scarf around and yelling with excitement at attending her first ever football match.
When her and her brother later attended their first game as season ticket holders they just happened to be picked out of the crowd to be be flag wavers greeting the players out. They were thrilled. Funnily enough, the fact the stadium only held about 7000 people at that point didn't seem to diminish the moment for them.

Exactly the same for my youngest when he attended his first game. He got a birthday announcement on the tannoy at his 2nd and got to come out of the North stand to be a flag waver on the 3rd.

Sadly, bits of trouble after the games against Milwall and McDons has soured his view lately, but at no stage has he ever said he doesn't want to go because of a crap stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #23817 on: January 17, 2019, 11:59:19 am »

It is fantastic that your lads enjoy be a Cobblers, exactly as we all did way back when. The problem is that for every one of them there are currently a 1000 who say NTFC is crap and the ground is a dump, I don't want to be associated with that.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23818 on: January 17, 2019, 12:06:41 pm »

East Stand - Joint statement issued. Is the End in Sight?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23819 on: January 17, 2019, 12:55:54 pm »

"NTFC are not able, at this stage, to provide detailed information or a time frame for these..."

No change there then!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: