The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:30:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819234 times)
meccanostand

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #24040 on: March 04, 2019, 16:27:13 pm »

NBC include athletics track area in the Trust's application for Asset Of Community Value along with the stadium.

https://twitter.com/NQNTFC/status/1102506808566927363
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #24041 on: March 04, 2019, 18:43:41 pm »

NBC include athletics track area in the Trust's application for Asset Of Community Value along with the stadium.

https://twitter.com/NQNTFC/status/1102506808566927363

Wow. Well done. You've potentially hobbled any future development opportunities surrounding the athletics track area. Still, better it's left derelict than the current owners make a few quid or of it, eh?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3086

« Reply #24042 on: March 04, 2019, 19:46:19 pm »

KT won't be happy. Ha bloody ha.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24043 on: March 04, 2019, 21:18:05 pm »

KT won't be happy. Ha bloody ha.

I’m struggling to work out how pi**ing off KT is going to be beneficial to us in the long term?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #24044 on: March 04, 2019, 23:03:39 pm »

I’m struggling to work out how pi**ing off KT is going to be beneficial to us in the long term?

Good comment
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24045 on: March 04, 2019, 23:18:00 pm »

Good comment

Really? Go on then genius; just for once explain why you think something is a good comment? All the decision means is that the area of land concerned must now remain an integral part of the community asset. KT has already helped himself to a far larger slice of NBC's pie, so I doubt this action is liable to **** him off. It also allows the prospect for substantial development of the East Stand in future years, so how is it a bad decision?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #24046 on: March 05, 2019, 03:45:31 am »

Really? Go on then genius; just for once explain why you think something is a good comment? All the decision means is that the area of land concerned must now remain an integral part of the community asset. KT has already helped himself to a far larger slice of NBC's pie, so I doubt this action is liable to **** him off. It also allows the prospect for substantial development of the East Stand in future years, so how is it a bad decision?
GOOD COMMENT!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24047 on: March 05, 2019, 06:12:13 am »

It is us supporters who should be seriously pissed off with KT not vice versa.   
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #24048 on: March 05, 2019, 06:33:18 am »

Because the sooner he goes the better.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #24049 on: March 05, 2019, 07:48:04 am »

Because the sooner he goes the better.

That’s as maybe but if it causes him to dig his heels in then the stalemate is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24050 on: March 05, 2019, 08:15:06 am »

That’s as maybe but if it causes him to dig his heels in then the stalemate is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.

Can you honestly see him digging his heels in once the price is right? He could walk away from the football club today and he'd still be holding the CDNL leases.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #24051 on: March 05, 2019, 08:26:39 am »

Can you honestly see him digging his heels in once the price is right? He could walk away from the football club today and he'd still be holding the CDNL leases.

I don’t exactly see potential buyers lining up to take the club off KT’s hands and the chances of the Trust/community models being able to find the funds are pretty slim (do we actually know how much KT is looking for in terms of a takeover in any case?). Anyway, I’m already regretting contributing to this thread as it is full of politics and ulterior motives - I’m going to stick to the football side of things.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #24052 on: March 05, 2019, 08:53:34 am »

I don’t exactly see potential buyers lining up to take the club off KT’s hands and the chances of the Trust/community models being able to find the funds are pretty slim (do we actually know how much KT is looking for in terms of a takeover in any case?). Anyway, I’m already regretting contributing to this thread as it is full of politics and ulterior motives - I’m going to stick to the football side of things.

Don’t be put off by the political bullies - you are entitled to your opinion so stand by it.  It’s what you preach! Good luck!

Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #24053 on: March 05, 2019, 08:58:00 am »

Are you celebrating pancake day? Where you at Crewe? Lighten up Plato!
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24054 on: March 05, 2019, 08:58:35 am »

Well... Let me give you an idea how.

Even if fan ownership is achieved the club will stand just as still as it is now, unless they can do something that no club has ever done in lower league football without significant external investment. Namely, make money from gate receipts alone. By making that parcel of land an asset of community value, it most likely will deter external investment into building on it. It's bad enough that you've got to encourage someone to buy a football club that won't show a return on its own. Let along invite in all sorts of covenants around building on the land.

A fan ownership model under any guise, has to be based on bringing in another owner at some point. So in many respects the club will be in exactly the same position if owned by fans, as it is today. The only major advantage, is that supporters will negotiate from our perspective, as opposed form a quick buck, or corporate laden perspective.

I have said all along that I quite like the idea of fan ownership. But I'm under no illusions that unless they hit the ground running and attract significant investment early doors, they won't last five minutes. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest they will not enjoy the luxury of an honeymoon period at all. The Trusts current mantra is that anything has to be better than just sitting dead in the water going nowhere, with no information on the way forward. The moment they sit in that hot seat, they will need a serious TRANSPARENT plan on investment and the way forward. Most of the staff that they anticipate taking over haven't managed that in years.

The meeting at the Park Inn cannot be about what people think they know about the current situation. Like or not, results are not terrible. We have maintained league status, we as far as I am aware are solvent. Certainly the club is trading as solvent. In addition to that, but probably most importantly.. NOBODY actually knows the truth. The only issue is that none of us have a clue about the way forward for the club. And it appears that KT has no intention of developing a supporter inclusive culture. That's his choice. So the Trust have the rather daunting task of presenting examples of investment paths. As well as giving us an idea of where they believe they can improve things.

This as far as I'm aware, has never been done. We are not talking about saving a business from the brink of oblivion. We are not out shaking buckets. All of the staff are being paid. The club is competitive. Maybe not as competitive as we would like, but competitive. As far as I am aware, and I know a few of the staff, they are not unhappy with KT. There hasn't been any significant unrest from the main body of the support. So this is a relatively unique set of circumstances. It is an attractive option, but there is definitely unrest between the Trust and the club, or KT. We as supporters have to be sure that we are not part of that agenda. It has to be a stand alone proposition, that can attract support and investment through its own merit, and not because we don't like what we currently have. I am happy to listen to the invited guests. But I am equally aware that their situation shares no parallel with ours.

I am looking forward to something tangible. Something that is transparent. Like most supporters, I am very frustrated with false dawns and what seems to be a perpetual state of inertia at NTFC. But I am equally aware that this is not a recent advent, or indeed unique to us as a club. In fact lack of progress without significant investment appears to be the norm for nearly all lower league clubs.  
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #24055 on: March 05, 2019, 09:12:39 am »

That’s a really good post Tel - it sums up my feelings a lot more eloquently than I could put it. It just seems to me that some are hijacking this movement with personal agendas.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24056 on: March 05, 2019, 09:23:40 am »

Even if fan ownership is achieved the club will stand just as still as it is now, unless they can do something that no club has ever done in lower league football without significant external investment. Namely, make money from gate receipts alone. By making that parcel of land an asset of community value, it most likely will deter external investment into building on it. It's bad enough that you've got to encourage someone to buy a football club that won't show a return on its own. Let along invite in all sorts of covenants around building on the land.

A fan ownership model under any guise, has to be based on bringing in another owner at some point. So in many respects the club will be in exactly the same position if owned by fans, as it is today. The only major advantage, is that supporters will negotiate from our perspective, as opposed form a quick buck, or corporate laden perspective.

I have said all along that I quite like the idea of fan ownership. But I'm under no illusions that unless they hit the ground running and attract significant investment early doors, they won't last five minutes. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest they will not enjoy the luxury of an honeymoon period at all. The Trusts current mantra is that anything has to be better than just sitting dead in the water going nowhere, with no information on the way forward. The moment they sit in that hot seat, they will need a serious TRANSPARENT plan on investment and the way forward. Most of the staff that they anticipate taking over haven't managed that in years.

The meeting at the Park Inn cannot be about what people think they know about the current situation. Like or not, results are not terrible. We have maintained league status, we as far as I am aware are solvent. Certainly the club is trading as solvent. In addition to that, but probably most importantly.. NOBODY actually knows the truth. The only issue is that none of us have a clue about the way forward for the club. And it appears that KT has no intention of developing a supporter inclusive culture. That's his choice. So the Trust have the rather daunting task of presenting examples of investment paths. As well as giving us an idea of where they believe they can improve things.

This as far as I'm aware, has never been done. We are not talking about saving a business from the brink of oblivion. We are not out shaking buckets. All of the staff are being paid. The club is competitive. Maybe not as competitive as we would like, but competitive. As far as I am aware, and I know a few of the staff, they are not unhappy with KT. There hasn't been any significant unrest from the main body of the support. So this is a relatively unique set of circumstances. It is an attractive option, but there is definitely unrest between the Trust and the club, or KT. We as supporters have to be sure that we are not part of that agenda. It has to be a stand alone proposition, that can attract support and investment through its own merit, and not because we don't like what we currently have. I am happy to listen to the invited guests. But I am equally aware that their situation shares no parallel with ours.

I am looking forward to something tangible. Something that is transparent. Like most supporters, I am very frustrated with false dawns and what seems to be a perpetual state of inertia at NTFC. But I am equally aware that this is not a recent advent, or indeed unique to us as a club. In fact lack of progress without significant investment appears to be the norm for nearly all lower league clubs.  

I actually agree with everything you've just said. And, for what it's worth, I fail to see how, irregardless of business model, a supporter run club can offer anything above a modicum of success without the inclusion of some substantially wealthy and generous supporters. Of course, this is just my opinion, but until we hear exactly what is being suggested it is difficult to assess any likelihood for success.

As for the Community Asset placed on the (former) athletics area, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that NBC would be willing to listen to suggestions further down the line. Just as it's reasonable to assume they are less than happy with the current standoff over the unfinished building site which they own, and which Kelvin Thomas was able to complete a takeover on the basis he would finish the job.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:26:45 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24057 on: March 05, 2019, 09:44:26 am »

I actually agree with everything you've just said. And, for what it's worth, I fail to see how, irregardless of business model, a supporter run club can offer anything above a modicum of success without the inclusion of some substantially wealthy and generous supporters. Of course, this is just my opinion, but until we hear exactly what is being suggested it is difficult to assess any likelihood for success.

As for the Community Asset placed on the (former) athletics area, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that NBC would be willing to listen to suggestions further down the line. Just as it's reasonable to assume they are less than happy with the current standoff over the unfinished building site which they own, and which Kelvin Thomas was able to complete a takeover on the basis he would finish the job.

It should be a good meeting. And fair play to the Trust for offering a light at the end of this bl00dy tunnel  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24058 on: March 05, 2019, 10:05:27 am »

A top post, that will inevitably be picked apart by the usual suspects...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24059 on: March 05, 2019, 10:53:47 am »

That’s a really good post Tel - it sums up my feelings a lot more eloquently than I could put it. It just seems to me that some are hijacking this movement with personal agendas.
I'm struggling to turn up for home games at the moment, totally fed up of the current lack of plans, inactivity, lack of transparency , the club distantancing itself from the support base and town in general.
This is not an agenda this is how it is, I can only assume you under the belief you are a personal friend of the chairman, who has totally charmed you into believing he was genuinely going to seek the investment that holds our club back?
Never forget, it's the loyal supporters that keep this club going and if it was the case that a community run club were to get off the ground, I'd suspect turnover would increase by 50% in all departments.
KT and co only spent to avoid dropping into the 4th tier, which failed miserably costing the club over £1m in lost revenues.
We dont need them,  we have more than enough Towns folk to push our club forward.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: