The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:30:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819447 times)
West Stand (+ 1 Hidden) and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24060 on: March 05, 2019, 11:15:38 am »

I'm struggling to turn up for home games at the moment, totally fed up of the current lack of plans, inactivity, lack of transparency , the club distantancing itself from the support base and town in general.
This is not an agenda this is how it is, I can only assume you under the belief you are a personal friend of the chairman, who has totally charmed you into believing he was genuinely going to seek the investment that holds our club back?
Never forget, it's the loyal supporters that keep this club going and if it was the case that a community run club were to get off the ground, I'd suspect turnover would increase by 50% in all departments.
KT and co only spent to avoid dropping into the 4th tier, which failed miserably costing the club over £1m in lost revenues.
We dont need them,  we have more than enough Towns folk to push our club forward.

That’s interesting, when I was alluding to people on here with agendas I wasn’t actually referring to you, I just tend to ignore your posts as you just repeat the same thing ad nauseum and show no interest in doing anything constructive or that requires coming out from behind your keyboard.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #24061 on: March 05, 2019, 11:43:04 am »

And it appears that KT has no intention of developing a supporter inclusive culture.

Completely disagree with this.

KT is incredibly approachable either via email or Facebook messenger, and has met many fans on a 1 to 1 basis to discuss whatever topics are burning over his time.

We've also got the advisory panel, which is just about as democratic an organisation as we could think of. No barriers to entry whatsoever apart from showing up at a meeting with the Chairman, CEO and SLO.

On the safe standing point, the club has/is planning to reach out to impacted N Stand ST holders to canvas views before pushing ahead.

We've had the Sixfields Travel collaborations around discounted away travel.

The only thing I have seen KT push back on is giving the Trust some sort of exclusivity clause as sole representatives of "the fans", when their own membership doesn't even cover a quarter of our average home gate.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #24062 on: March 05, 2019, 12:11:11 pm »

A top post, that will inevitably be picked apart by the usual suspects...

Yes an interesting post as is a reasonable response from Clarkie of Milton Keynes Icerink fame!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #24063 on: March 05, 2019, 12:42:34 pm »

Well... Let me give you an idea how.

Even if fan ownership is achieved the club will stand just as still as it is now, unless they can do something that no club has ever done in lower league football without significant external investment. Namely, make money from gate receipts alone. By making that parcel of land an asset of community value, it most likely will deter external investment into building on it. It's bad enough that you've got to encourage someone to buy a football club that won't show a return on its own. Let along invite in all sorts of covenants around building on the land.

A fan ownership model under any guise, has to be based on bringing in another owner at some point. So in many respects the club will be in exactly the same position if owned by fans, as it is today. The only major advantage, is that supporters will negotiate from our perspective, as opposed form a quick buck, or corporate laden perspective.

I have said all along that I quite like the idea of fan ownership. But I'm under no illusions that unless they hit the ground running and attract significant investment early doors, they won't last five minutes. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest they will not enjoy the luxury of an honeymoon period at all. The Trusts current mantra is that anything has to be better than just sitting dead in the water going nowhere, with no information on the way forward. The moment they sit in that hot seat, they will need a serious TRANSPARENT plan on investment and the way forward. Most of the staff that they anticipate taking over haven't managed that in years.

The meeting at the Park Inn cannot be about what people think they know about the current situation. Like or not, results are not terrible. We have maintained league status, we as far as I am aware are solvent. Certainly the club is trading as solvent. In addition to that, but probably most importantly.. NOBODY actually knows the truth. The only issue is that none of us have a clue about the way forward for the club. And it appears that KT has no intention of developing a supporter inclusive culture. That's his choice. So the Trust have the rather daunting task of presenting examples of investment paths. As well as giving us an idea of where they believe they can improve things.

This as far as I'm aware, has never been done. We are not talking about saving a business from the brink of oblivion. We are not out shaking buckets. All of the staff are being paid. The club is competitive. Maybe not as competitive as we would like, but competitive. As far as I am aware, and I know a few of the staff, they are not unhappy with KT. There hasn't been any significant unrest from the main body of the support. So this is a relatively unique set of circumstances. It is an attractive option, but there is definitely unrest between the Trust and the club, or KT. We as supporters have to be sure that we are not part of that agenda. It has to be a stand alone proposition, that can attract support and investment through its own merit, and not because we don't like what we currently have. I am happy to listen to the invited guests. But I am equally aware that their situation shares no parallel with ours.

I am looking forward to something tangible. Something that is transparent. Like most supporters, I am very frustrated with false dawns and what seems to be a perpetual state of inertia at NTFC. But I am equally aware that this is not a recent advent, or indeed unique to us as a club. In fact lack of progress without significant investment appears to be the norm for nearly all lower league clubs.  
Yes, despite all these away wins...been stuck in 16th place for what seems like an eternity!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24064 on: March 05, 2019, 13:43:57 pm »

That’s interesting, when I was alluding to people on here with agendas I wasn’t actually referring to you, I just tend to ignore your posts as you just repeat the same thing ad nauseum and show no interest in doing anything constructive or that requires coming out from behind your keyboard.
How You can defend Thomas when in 3 plus years hasn't offered a single well thought out plan as to get our club moving in the right direction allowing us to become a football club worthy of such a vast catchment?
It's my belief he surrounded himself with our more agreeable fan base that continues to heap praise on him despite him donning his emperor's new suit!
'A football man' my ar5e.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24065 on: March 05, 2019, 13:47:31 pm »

How You can defend Thomas when in 3 plus years hasn't offered a single well thought out plan as to get our club moving in the right direction allowing us to become a football club worthy of such a vast catchment?
It's my belief he surrounded himself with our more agreeable fan base that continues to heap praise on him despite him donning his emperor's new suit!

He is worthy of one accolade.. He has completely destroyed any chance of you ever getting him out of your head. You can sense the utter loathing and hatred you have for him in every post mate. And you can sense in building up to bursting point.  Grin Grin

I can see you ending on a section by the end of this  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #24066 on: March 05, 2019, 13:58:43 pm »

Good old Beds - if in doubt/you are challenged cut and paste. I don’t recall saying anywhere that I’m defending KT but if it makes you feel better then fine.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24067 on: March 05, 2019, 14:20:38 pm »

He is worthy of one accolade.. He has completely destroyed any chance of you ever getting him out of your head. You can sense the utter loathing and hatred you have for him in every post mate. And you can sense in building up to bursting point.  Grin Grin

I can see you ending on a section by the end of this  Grin
Grin I can assure you no hatred towards anyone and my mental well being is healthy and not affected  by the past 20 years of poor ownership!
Our latest period of inactivity has come as no surprise to me, I had his cards marked at the American preacher style presentations,  the ribbon cutting to a bog door and over exageration of some other small stuff during the first month of his tenure.
I actually witnessed him signing autographs and taking selfies I kid you not!
Way back then you could sense smokescreening of the plans we lacked and needed, were not forthcoming and 3 long years later, he is still here without a plan!

We can all agree we're  overdue a change in direction, the thought of this lot again rocking up in August without any plans is laughable.
I'm backing the trust and will be present down the Saxon inn on Sunday.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24068 on: March 05, 2019, 14:32:51 pm »

We can all agree we're  overdue a change in direction, the thought of this lot again rocking up in August without any plans is laughable.
I'm backing the trust and will be present down the Saxon inn on Sunday.

The new or the old one?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3086

« Reply #24069 on: March 05, 2019, 16:20:50 pm »

Well... Let me give you an idea how.

Even if fan ownership is achieved the club will stand just as still as it is now, unless they can do something that no club has ever done in lower league football without significant external investment. Namely, make money from gate receipts alone. By making that parcel of land an asset of community value, it most likely will deter external investment into building on it. It's bad enough that you've got to encourage someone to buy a football club that won't show a return on its own. Let along invite in all sorts of covenants around building on the land.

A fan ownership model under any guise, has to be based on bringing in another owner at some point. So in many respects the club will be in exactly the same position if owned by fans, as it is today. The only major advantage, is that supporters will negotiate from our perspective, as opposed form a quick buck, or corporate laden perspective.

I have said all along that I quite like the idea of fan ownership. But I'm under no illusions that unless they hit the ground running and attract significant investment early doors, they won't last five minutes. In fact, I would go so far as to suggest they will not enjoy the luxury of an honeymoon period at all. The Trusts current mantra is that anything has to be better than just sitting dead in the water going nowhere, with no information on the way forward. The moment they sit in that hot seat, they will need a serious TRANSPARENT plan on investment and the way forward. Most of the staff that they anticipate taking over haven't managed that in years.

The meeting at the Park Inn cannot be about what people think they know about the current situation. Like or not, results are not terrible. We have maintained league status, we as far as I am aware are solvent. Certainly the club is trading as solvent. In addition to that, but probably most importantly.. NOBODY actually knows the truth. The only issue is that none of us have a clue about the way forward for the club. And it appears that KT has no intention of developing a supporter inclusive culture. That's his choice. So the Trust have the rather daunting task of presenting examples of investment paths. As well as giving us an idea of where they believe they can improve things.

This as far as I'm aware, has never been done. We are not talking about saving a business from the brink of oblivion. We are not out shaking buckets. All of the staff are being paid. The club is competitive. Maybe not as competitive as we would like, but competitive. As far as I am aware, and I know a few of the staff, they are not unhappy with KT. There hasn't been any significant unrest from the main body of the support. So this is a relatively unique set of circumstances. It is an attractive option, but there is definitely unrest between the Trust and the club, or KT. We as supporters have to be sure that we are not part of that agenda. It has to be a stand alone proposition, that can attract support and investment through its own merit, and not because we don't like what we currently have. I am happy to listen to the invited guests. But I am equally aware that their situation shares no parallel with ours.

I am looking forward to something tangible. Something that is transparent. Like most supporters, I am very frustrated with false dawns and what seems to be a perpetual state of inertia at NTFC. But I am equally aware that this is not a recent advent, or indeed unique to us as a club. In fact lack of progress without significant investment appears to be the norm for nearly all lower league clubs.  

'Even if fan ownership is achieved the club will stand just as still as it is now, unless they can do something that no club has ever done in lower league football without significant external investment. Namely, make money from gate receipts alone.' No league club could possibly do this and I am sure a fan-owned club would not expect to.

'there is definitely unrest between the Trust and the club, or KT. We as supporters have to be sure that we are not part of that agenda' - the whole point of the trust is that it represents the supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24070 on: March 05, 2019, 19:23:34 pm »

'Even if fan ownership is achieved the club will stand just as still as it is now, unless they can do something that no club has ever done in lower league football without significant external investment. Namely, make money from gate receipts alone.' No league club could possibly do this and I am sure a fan-owned club would not expect to.

'there is definitely unrest between the Trust and the club, or KT. We as supporters have to be sure that we are not part of that agenda' - the whole point of the trust is that it represents the supporters.

Well.. You've managed to state the obvious. The Trust represents its membership. Not the supporters. There are roughly 4000 odd supporters on match days who haven’t in any way endorsed the Trusts perspective on anything thus far. That’s not to say they agree with anything KT does.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24071 on: March 05, 2019, 19:24:13 pm »

The new or the old one?
The old ones were killed off by their inability to stay out of Cardozas pocket or get into the faces of these latest lot.
The new trust are more objectionable and have shown they have a route map for our club to follow, which doesnt involve any more council blaming and time wasting.
Hope that helps Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #24072 on: March 05, 2019, 19:28:30 pm »

The old ones were killed off by their inability to stay out of Cardozas pocket or get into the faces of these latest lot.
The new trust are more objectionable and have shown they have a route map for our club to follow, which doesnt involve any more council blaming and time wasting.
Hope that helps Wink

I’m pretty sure you mean “objective” and not “objectionable” - they mean very different things, although to be fair who knows?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #24073 on: March 05, 2019, 19:50:28 pm »

Well.. You've managed to state the obvious. The Trust represents its membership. Not the supporters. There are roughly 4000 odd supporters on match days who haven’t in any way endorsed the Trusts perspective on anything thus far. That’s not to say they agree with anything KT does.
Do you need to be a member before declaring your support for the Trust then?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24074 on: March 05, 2019, 21:11:59 pm »

Hope that helps Wink

I didn't realise we had a new Trust.
Was our membership transferred across or do we have to re-join?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #24075 on: March 06, 2019, 06:56:33 am »

It appears you have misunderstood my point. Or I didn't make that aspect of it very clear  Smiley I am talking from the perspective of the Trust and its inclusion into the way the club steers itself. I have found KT to be exceptionally approachable. In fact I have a lot of respect for him and those that work with him. I do think that he could have limited a lot of the current damage had he considered having the Trust involved in some way. But equally I find the Trust to be as entitled as KT is at times.

The bottom line is this. If you choose to challenge KT you are told to go and see him in person. I have done this a few times. At the risk of opening the floodgates, he is very open. He does show what I would accept clear evidence of ongoing discussion. But you have to go and see him in person. But let's be clear here. Both him and the Trust have operated for some time under the same cloak and dagger agenda. When I have asked the Trust to open and honest about their discussions with the council etc, they have refused to divulge the details of their meetings. You can actually here Andy Roberts say on the podcast, that it wouldn't be fair for him to divulge the content of those meetings. Every time I have asked the Trust for details on their proposals or information on their ongoing discussion with involved parties, they have offered to either meet in person, or have been told I need to join the board.

The bottom line is neither of hem have helped themselves at times. They both behave as if they have had their fingers burnt in the past. Perhaps they have.

One thing that's for sure... Nobody should be foolish enough to think that KT doesn't have a trump card up his sleeve..
Trump card my arse Tel  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3086

« Reply #24076 on: March 06, 2019, 07:26:49 am »

What is the trust comprised of? No, don't answer that I will tell you - supporters. The government of this country represents all of us but we don't necessarily support their views and we haven't all joined a political party. The trust, so far as I know, is the only body that has been set up to represent the supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #24077 on: March 06, 2019, 09:44:55 am »

Trump card my arse Tel  Grin Grin Grin Grin

...any owner of a football club has the ultimate trump card & if they play it, the complaints of today would pale into insignificance.

I've lost a lot of faith in KT over the last 6 months or so but I'm still to have any confidence in the vague alternative proposals being mentioned
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #24078 on: March 06, 2019, 11:02:24 am »

As for any owner being able to assuage complaints. You and I both know that's not true. I only have to listen to talk sport for half an hour to hear Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool fans calling in moaning about the owners. I will guarantee that within ten minutes of whoever eventually takes over at NTFC coming in, the shyte will start. And it will be the same people. Because it ALWAYS is. That's just the way they are wired up.

100% agree - I mentioned it on here years ago a close business colleague of mine was considering joining the board at Bradford PA with a sizable cash injection but listening to the abuse the directors got at games, on social media etc he changed his mind - same people, same rhetoric and bizarre sense of entitlement. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #24079 on: March 11, 2019, 07:43:02 am »

You and I both know that's not true. I only have to listen to talk sport for half an hour to hear Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool fans calling in moaning about the owners. I will guarantee that within ten minutes of whoever eventually takes over at NTFC coming in, the shyte will start. And it will be the same people. Because it ALWAYS is. That's just the way they are wired up.

It's called passion. It changes your sense of reality and is often misplaced, just let it go.

I'm not sure how much you will understand these people being such a rational and logical chap, we're all wired differently. Have you never screamed at the wife? Do you not make her scream?

West Brom just sacked Darren Moore, where's the rationale that? Football is like no other business in so many regards, so stop feeling sorry for individuals who want to get involved with their eyes wide open.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: