The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:13:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822939 times)
singcobb and 51 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest2934

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #24080 on: March 11, 2019, 16:12:25 pm »

As usual you have got yourself all worked up, due to a basic lack of comprehension. Naturally I understand that commonsense is often a casualty in these circumstances. But, it is a bit strange that it generally adversely afflicts a specific group more than most of us. In the appropriate circumstances like at a match, my passion is equal to all. But once you have left the sporting arena; and you have taken a few minutes to share your reaction on something, commonsense should prevail.

I have been with my wife for 30 years. We have engaged in a number of passionate activities. None of them involved shouting/screaming at each other. I'll give it go sometimes. Is their a specific chant that you use during your passionate activities?  Grin Grin Tongue

Grin I lost any comprehension years ago. I live on a hippy island full of mind altering drugs, surrounded by women wearing only string. What the fuck would I know, quite right!

You could try a little Tantric yoga sex maybe, if you've not tried it before? That involves some mild chanting, there's quite a bit going on in the Yoga schools here. Well done on the 30 years, keep it up son, so to speak.

On an alternative note... I do think all these analogies with airlines and other businesses a bit pointless whatever sensible slant you try to put on it. Football is like no other business, how on earth you can make any realistic financial forecasts is beyond me. There is no sensible structure, you can't make it to The Premiership and all the rewards running a fish and chip shop, even if you're Harry Ramsden. Would you pay £35m for a fish fryer?

This is why nobody has a solution, KT or supporters, football clubs are like marriages!

Keeping to topic though, I'm firmly in the camp of building your way to success off field first, this is the development thread after all! This has been the whole chicken and egg argument since the opening paragraph. The feel good factor around the club was high when DC took over and he systemically but cleverly dismantled it from day one without arousing suspicion. The long game. If the club had been in good hands after Barry Stonhill and the ground had been expanded at the time with some imagination this upward curve would quite possibly have continued.

You can attract new custom and stimulate ambition through construction, this has been proved successful through centuries. Funding bricks and mortar is also a separate issue to funding a team, guarantees are a starting point. With the conversation of "fan" ownership and whatever that may be, the stadium has again become the elephant in the room with it's lack of alternative revenue streams and the capacity so low.

However romantic, a team alone as Wimbledon managed back in the day, will not magic the club to the upper echelons without the stadium to support it, not now, as any potential will be lost to higher aspirations. Sadly I feel we'll tread water until this boil from our collective arses can be lanced.

The saddest aspect to it all, is that our club has never really had the owners it deserves.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24081 on: March 15, 2019, 18:41:04 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/trust-try-to-clear-up-confusion-over-publication-of-much-criticised-project-proud-to-be-document-1-8851015
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24082 on: March 15, 2019, 18:44:49 pm »

You're an Administrator - explain what the Chron article has to do with the Redevelopment?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24083 on: March 15, 2019, 18:49:08 pm »

You're an Administrator - explain what the Chron article has to do with the Redevelopment?

The Fan Ownership thread has run it's course and has evolved into what effectively was a hybrid of the Redev thread, one had to be sacrificed...first in, last out.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #24084 on: March 15, 2019, 21:30:08 pm »

The Fan Ownership thread has run it's course and has evolved into what effectively was a hybrid of the Redev thread, one had to be sacrificed...first in, last out.

The problem with locking threads is that you have now enabled individuals to deliberately sabotage a topic to serve their own agenda? We are all guilty of drifting off topic and perhaps being a source of frustration, myself included, but if a forum is to be impartial then I feel a little caution should be taken with this policy? Hardly life or death but felt it needed saying. Incidentally are we to start a new thread about the ongoing discussions regarding fan ownership or is the subject now off topic as the East Stand will invariably form part of that discussion and be locked again? Or are we expected to now include the topic as part of this thread and wade through the usual crap to have a chat regarding fan ownership?
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #24085 on: March 15, 2019, 22:24:34 pm »

Fan ownership and the re-development of the ground, although connected are two different subjects and merit their own threads. Fan ownership is more than just about the East Stand re-development.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #24086 on: March 15, 2019, 22:44:22 pm »

Fan ownership and the re-development of the ground, although connected are two different subjects and merit their own threads. Fan ownership is more than just about the East Stand re-development.
Apparently not?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #24087 on: March 16, 2019, 09:09:58 am »

The problem with locking threads is that you have now enabled individuals to deliberately sabotage a topic to serve their own agenda? We are all guilty of drifting off topic and perhaps being a source of frustration, myself included, but if a forum is to be impartial then I feel a little caution should be taken with this policy? Hardly life or death but felt it needed saying. Incidentally are we to start a new thread about the ongoing discussions regarding fan ownership or is the subject now off topic as the East Stand will invariably form part of that discussion and be locked again? Or are we expected to now include the topic as part of this thread and wade through the usual crap to have a chat regarding fan ownership?

The thread was locked because it had moved away from fan ownership back into another argument about the current ownership and the perceived state of inertia surrounding the club. Discussion had mostly stopped about the make up of possible ownership models. It was wandering back into the usual unsubstantiated stuff about KT. 

Contributors have felt comfortable discussing the latter subjects raised on the fan ownership thread on this thread for some considerable time. In addition to this, there is no ownership change on the table at the moment. So the tread was evolving from a discussion on options that are not currently present, to another debate about KT.

In the meantime it is a lot easier for people to discuss how KT or whoever should spend their money on here..

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24088 on: March 16, 2019, 09:31:21 am »

I see the latest instalment of Sixfields version of a soap opera was aired again yesterday,  but sadly for the first time in over a decade they failed to even mention the East stand redevelopment  🤔
Could it be they will put it on a part 2?
 Or  possibly we've been mislead and they never really had any intent on doing anything ?

Best time to bury bad news is during an upturn of form.
Well played guys🤣🤣
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #24089 on: March 16, 2019, 11:26:30 am »

I suspect the information we require needs to come from Cllr Nunn?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #24090 on: March 16, 2019, 11:26:43 am »

The thread was locked because it had moved away from fan ownership back into another argument about the current ownership and the perceived state of inertia surrounding the club. Discussion had mostly stopped about the make up of possible ownership models. It was wandering back into the usual unsubstantiated stuff about KT. 

Contributors have felt comfortable discussing the latter subjects raised on the fan ownership thread on this thread for some considerable time. In addition to this, there is no ownership change on the table at the moment. So the tread was evolving from a discussion on options that are not currently present, to another debate about KT.

In the meantime it is a lot easier for people to discuss how KT or whoever should spend their money on here..

Disagree actually, the usual suspects hijack the discussion, individuals respond, yourself included and all of a sudden we’re back on here where any sensible debate is lost in the endless round of KT bashing and finance sourced from the money tree behind the west stand. Still if your happy for Bedridden and Randy to control the site that’s up to you, you’re in charge. Pi55 poor judgment IMO though.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24091 on: March 16, 2019, 12:03:04 pm »

I see the latest instalment of Sixfields version of a soap opera was aired again yesterday,  but sadly for the first time in over a decade they failed to even mention the East stand redevelopment  🤔
Could it be they will put it on a part 2?
 Or  possibly we've been mislead and they never really had any intent on doing anything ?

Best time to bury bad news is during an upturn of form.
Well played guys🤣🤣

Not so Beds, but if you nodded off because you had seen this latest episode from the Sixfields Studios countless times before that is completely understandable.

Towards the end on the East Stand KT says;

“We are making progress on the stand and we have good discussions with the Council……………”

KT also says “the club looks very healthy”

Earlier in the “interview” Gareth Wilsher says the “club is in a pretty good place” and then later the club is in a “really good place”

These videos are carefully crafted with a pre-set message as you can see from the quotes above.

Discuss
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24092 on: March 16, 2019, 12:12:59 pm »

Is it any surprise when the club keep getting attacked by people who continue to say that the club is financially not secure?
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest168

« Reply #24093 on: March 16, 2019, 12:38:52 pm »

Melbourne there are people in Northampton who have money to find NTFC plain and simple

Some of these people got out the way of KT as he came in with big money claims.
NTFC is not in a good place re the football league position or potential star players. There are no plans for expansion or improvement. The same staff are there that pissed up any goodwill that a 13 point Championship winning club within 18 months

Sorry but I am going to keep saying it until KT start doing what he claimed his was going to do. Sorry if that upsets some of u

Again much smaller clubs with a fraction of our potential are in higher leagues, with happier fans and players. But again our club seems very happy with its mediocrity
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24094 on: March 16, 2019, 13:41:48 pm »

I suspect the information we require needs to come from Cllr Nunn?
Are we still going down that sorry path?
Thomas has had 3 plus years to find a modicum of investment to get that East stand functioning, he hasn't bothered because he probably wanted the council to grant him free land deals and leases in order to allow him to chuck us a token gesture before riding of into the sun!
His claims of being 'Frustrated ' are all his own making.
He really needs to show his hand to the general public immediately,  as to what it is he is actually doing here!

There are some who have been shown his master plan then sworn to secrecy! WTAF! But this seems to have worked getting them on side, like his bbc pod cast boys club, ( Ripping the ar5e and completely out of context, the trust leaflet, while never questioning Thomas's many shortfalls )
 Unfortunately, I like the vast majority are in the dark as to his plans but 100% enlightened to the reason of this latest lots delaying tactic.
Stand firm NBC, these lot are not representative of our clubs long term future, the relationship between the council and club will grow immediately after KT and co depart.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 13:43:44 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #24095 on: March 16, 2019, 13:51:18 pm »

Beds has had 3 plus years to find a modicum of bottle to get from behind his keyboard, he hasn't bothered because he probably wants everyone else to listen to his constant whining and griping in order to allow him to feel he is contributing.
He really needs to show his hand to the Kelvin Thomas immediately,  as to what it is he is actually doing here!

Have edited for you Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24096 on: March 16, 2019, 13:54:49 pm »

his bbc pod cast boys club,

I resent that. The BBC have nothing to do with me or my podcast  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

wazzacobbler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24097 on: March 16, 2019, 14:02:39 pm »

Perhaps, Beds, if you listen back to previous episodes, you'd hear us criticising the club on numerous occasions
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24098 on: March 16, 2019, 14:09:03 pm »

Thomas has had 3 plus years to find a modicum of investment to get that East stand functioning, he hasn't bothered because he probably wanted the council to grant him free land deals and leases in order to allow him to chuck us a token gesture before riding of into the sun!
He really needs to show his hand to the general public immediately,  as to what it is he is actually doing here!

There are some who have been shown his master plan then sworn to secrecy! WTAF! But this seems to have worked getting them on side, like his bbc pod cast boys club, ( Ripping the ar5e and completely out of context, the trust leaflet, while never questioning Thomas's many shortfalls )
 Unfortunately, I like the vast majority are in the dark as to his plans but 100% enlightened to the reason of this latest lots delaying tactic.
Stand firm NBC, these lot are not representative of our clubs long term future, the relationship between the council and club will grow immediately after KT and co depart.

You really are aren't you?
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #24099 on: March 16, 2019, 20:18:55 pm »

Disagree actually, the usual suspects hijack the discussion, individuals respond, yourself included and all of a sudden we’re back on here where any sensible debate is lost in the endless round of KT bashing and finance sourced from the money tree behind the west stand. Still if your happy for Bedridden and Randy to control the site that’s up to you, you’re in charge. Pi55 poor judgment IMO though.

Well... You’re a lucky chap. You pop on here and state you point. We have to make decisions around moderation. That means striking a balance between people speaking their mind, exercising their views, or just being bloody minded. When you’ve kept an eye on it for as many years as we have, you know you’re going to get stick sometimes. It'is easier to monitor things if you keep it close together. I’ve made a decision based on moderating the site.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: