The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:58:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821332 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24160 on: March 20, 2019, 17:07:18 pm »

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. Once again your lumping everyone into one of two camps. I'll repeat it again, it is absolutely possible to not support the current trust approach without automatically supporting Thomas' approach.

I have (what I believe to be) legitimate concerns about the way the trust have gone about things, that doesn't mean I believe Thomas to be the second coming.

To boil those concerns down to 'wording on a flyer' is insulting. Incidentally, don't even try and tell me that if the club had released anything of that ilk the likes of Random, Manwork and yourself wouldn't have jumped all over it. There's plenty of references made to Thomas' 'power points' on here by way of criticism. Let alone what you might say if Thomas wanted to build a Velodrome!
The Man couldnt even organising of raising of £1m to fit out a few boxes  resturant/ toilet block in the east stand , this couldve been done easily 2 years back and wouldve been a valuble asset that would've near paid for itself by now.
I dont expect him to build a much as a garden shed let alone a velodrome!
All the chairman's friends had obvious angst due to the trusts brilliant coup in acquiring community asset order on the ground and running track, how many of you offered congratulations on saving our town all this valuble land?
The attack on the flyer was reaction to this order thus allowing our club to retain this land and not have it annexed into private ownership with little to no benefit to our club or town.
Let them know what you want for our club, it could prove popular.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24161 on: March 20, 2019, 17:12:55 pm »

Couldn't agree more.

P.S. Beds this isn't an invite to repeat your 5 year season ticket plan  Grin
It's 3 year, 5 for the boxes Wink
This is very workable but not until we have progressive leadership.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #24162 on: March 20, 2019, 17:44:47 pm »

The Man couldnt even organising of raising of £1m to fit out a few boxes  resturant/ toilet block in the east stand , this couldve been done easily 2 years back and wouldve been a valuble asset that would've near paid for itself by now.
I dont expect him to build a much as a garden shed let alone a velodrome!

All of that might be true but none of it means I have to think the trust proposal is strong or been well executed to date. They are two separate things, why do you insist on treating them as one?

All the chairman's friends had obvious angst due to the trusts brilliant coup in acquiring community asset order on the ground and running track, how many of you offered congratulations on saving our town all this valuble land?

No angst from me but congratulations yet either (see, again not everything is a binary choice) because I’m yet to understand how this move will benefit the club longer term. Will they take profits from the swimming pool for example? That’s not a dig, it’s a genuine question.

By the way, who does the “you” I’ve bolded refer? If I’m reading it right it refers to the putting me in the chairman’s friends group you mentioned earlier in the paragraph. Once again, for the avoidance of any doubt, just because I don’t agree with the trusts proposals and actions to date does not mean I support Thomas. I really hope that is clear, I’m not sure what other language to put it in for you!

The attack on the flyer was reaction to this order thus allowing our club to retain this land and not have it annexed into private ownership with little to no benefit to our club or town.
Let them know what you want for our club, it could prove popular.

Finally, my view on the flyer has nothing to do with Thomas, Cardoza, Land, League 2, JFH, Page or anything other than the content of it and the ham fisted way it was produced/presented and defended by the trust. I’m really not sure what is so hard to understand about that.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #24163 on: March 20, 2019, 18:17:15 pm »

It's 3 year, 5 for the boxes Wink
This is very workable but not until we have progressive leadership.

And an operating model that doesn't rely on cash flow. That's the tricky part.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24164 on: March 20, 2019, 18:38:28 pm »

And an operating model that doesn't rely on cash flow. That's the tricky part.
Cash flow is the beauty of doing it like this, you have funds to fit out east stand, thus raising the important corperate revenues and a 2nd phase to expand behind the south stand by 3000 in order to attract more home and away support especially when back in league 1.
By the third season the slack would be more than taken up by new supporters attracted to a more professional ground and the many extra ticket sales to visiting fans and the general increase due to interest.

Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #24165 on: March 20, 2019, 18:47:42 pm »

By the third season the slack would be more than taken up by new supporters attracted to a more professional ground and the many extra ticket sales to visiting fans and the general increase due to interest.

What would be your contingency if that didn’t happen? Let’s say we have a poor manager or an injury crisis that leads to the team struggling and the fans stay away. What then?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #24166 on: March 20, 2019, 18:57:56 pm »

I've fixed this for you:

Cash flow is the beauty of doing it like this, you have funds to fit out east stand but nothing left to spend on players, wages or general running costs for the next 3 years, thus raising the important corperate revenues and a 2nd phase to expand behind the south stand by 3000 in order to which might attract more home and away support especially when if we get back in league 1 (which is unlikely with nothing to spend on players and no means to pay their wages)
By the third season the slack would might be more than taken up by new supporters attracted to a more professional ground and the many extra ticket sales to visiting fans and the general increase due to interest and if not we'll be royally fùcked.

I think where I struggle to get on board is in understanding which businesses are going to dive in with a 5 year investment for corporate facilities at a club that would have gone bust inside 2 years under this business model... Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24167 on: March 20, 2019, 20:10:47 pm »

I've fixed this for you:

I think where I struggle to get on board is in understanding which businesses are going to dive in with a 5 year investment for corporate facilities at a club that would have gone bust inside 2 years under this business model... Huh?
You have to take a risk, but if it has the backing of the fans and town it will succeed, you are gauging things from our current lowly poorly managed position that doesnt allow future growth.
Without expecting folk to pump money into something for no return, this offers value to those willing to invest.
Most companies hire boxes out long term as the norm, they get used for entertaining their client base, it gives them great value. Twice this season I got offered a game at luton but gave it to someone who wants to watch that crap.
Why do you reckon it would fail?  assuming Thomas the belittler will be long gone.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24168 on: March 20, 2019, 20:24:25 pm »

What would be your contingency if that didn’t happen? Let’s say we have a poor manager or an injury crisis that leads to the team struggling and the fans stay away. What then?
Again assuming Thomas will be gone allowing the Town and support base to get on board with building up our football club.
The boxes would be sorted easily and should've been done years ago, absolutely no excuses for the ridiculous excuses and delay.
 the capacity increase would require us to have a good run in league 1 to make it work a treat, not getting out of league 2 would delay it, but if we're ever going to resemble a truely professional club, getting out of the basement is a must.
We have 1000s not turning up due to a lack of direction and ambition within every aspect of the club, that would also need addressing.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #24169 on: March 20, 2019, 20:30:04 pm »

You have to take a risk, but if it has the backing of the fans and town it will succeed, you are gauging things from our current lowly poorly managed position that doesnt allow future growth.
Without expecting folk to pump money into something for no return, this offers value to those willing to invest.
Most companies hire boxes out long term as the norm, they get used for entertaining their client base, it gives them great value. Twice this season I got offered a game at luton but gave it to someone who wants to watch that crap.
Why do you reckon it would fail?  assuming Thomas the belittler will be long gone.

Gàmble with the security of your own business if you like. I'm sure we'd all thank you not to try and gàmble with the future security of NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged

EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #24170 on: March 20, 2019, 20:37:40 pm »

Again assuming Thomas will be gone allowing the Town and support base to get on board with building up our football club.
The boxes would be sorted easily and should've been done years ago, absolutely no excuses for the ridiculous excuses and delay.
 the capacity increase would require us to have a good run in league 1 to make it work a treat, not getting out of league 2 would delay it, but if we're ever going to resemble a truely professional club, getting out of the basement is a must.
We have 1000s not turning up due to a lack of direction and ambition within every aspect of the club, that would also need addressing.

Sorry, either I don’t understand or you haven’t answered my question. I get that you want the boxes built, extra seats etc, I get that you have an idea to fund it by selling boxes and season tickets in advance, with the idea that the shortfall in future seasons is covered by extra people coming through the turnstiles. My question is, what happens if, for whatever reason, these extra punters don’t show up?

In season 3 there is no more season ticket money as you got all that in season 1 and spent it on infrastructure. How do you cover the running costs in season 3 if gates don’t increase, or indeed go down?

Just to be completely clear, I know you believe the people will show, just treat this as a hypothetical question if you need to.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #24171 on: March 20, 2019, 20:47:42 pm »

Oldham got a lovely new stand. How are things working out for them currently?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24172 on: March 20, 2019, 20:55:41 pm »

Beds normally disappears about now when asked if the fans don't show up for whatever reason, I don't think anybody has got an answer to that question from him yet. He has been asked it countless times. 
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #24173 on: March 20, 2019, 20:59:34 pm »

“If you build it they will come”.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #24174 on: March 20, 2019, 21:06:29 pm »

Beds is Kevin Costner  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #24175 on: March 20, 2019, 21:19:15 pm »

Sixfields of dreams.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24176 on: March 20, 2019, 22:06:53 pm »

Gàmble with the security of your own business if you like. I'm sure we'd all thank you not to try and gàmble with the future security of NTFC.
Where's the gambIe in it?
Over Simplifying it would look like this..
12 Boxes fitted out and functioning covered by occupying firms, money being made from bars and resturant.
Occupiers will be spending more on advertising and sponsorship.

The cost of attaining the extra capacity needed would really require  us to crawl out of league 2, it would be covered by the £800,000 raised through the 2000 future 3 year ST sales, the other £400,000 through the many other different methods, allowing us the capacity in League one to avoid losing vast gate receipts due to so many matchday restrictions we suffer now, which goes a long way to making up the shortfall, further future ST sold could be used to help out with player budgeting.
We would need to resemble a community driven club with everyone pushing it on,  over one that gives passing investors the chance to rip the ar5e out of it as its been these past 20 years.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #24177 on: March 20, 2019, 22:29:18 pm »

Any chance of answering the question Beds ? If the team nose dives and the fans don't turn up, where does the money come from ?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #24178 on: March 20, 2019, 22:57:22 pm »

Beds normally disappears about now when asked if the fans don't show up for whatever reason, I don't think anybody has got an answer to that question from him yet. He has been asked it countless times. 

I thought the golden rule was " that a winning team attracts support"- if this is the case then Beds case might be on a slippery slope if next season we don't perform.  To a certain extent the Championship season proved the Golden Rule theory especially with bumper away support.
I think you do well to pursue Beds for clarification of his ideas; at least you don't resort to abusive comments.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 08:30:05 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24179 on: March 21, 2019, 07:19:21 am »

Any chance of answering the question Beds ? If the team nose dives and the fans don't turn up, where does the money come from ?

league 1 football is essential for the 2nd phase,  it's an attractive division that gives the Town the competitive football thats gaureenteed several local sides and a dozen attractive large town clubs, played in an atmospheric staduim with the modern facilities never seen before at Northampton town.
Also our club can not continue  be a used as a means to gain riches for outside speculators,  it would need to be driven on civic pride, a real local team in a similar fashion to how the saints conduct their buisness albeit on a smaller scale.
Our town is as football mad as any other, it's just our club has been poorly run and not in a manner in which to grow its infrastructure or support base, which is why we cant escape L2.
If the club and supporters collectively agreed a target for the next 5 seasons,  is to get into and stay in league 1 with the hope we can start challenging  at the top end by the end of it, I think we can all agree we would back it to the hilt.
The beauty of football is you will have poor season's where you don't reach expectations,  it just means it takes a year longer, the secret is to have more good seasons than bad ones, and try an exceed targets no and again.
Rotting away under the cloud of Thomas's 'frustrations' at not getting it is that he wants, has well and truely run its course 🤣
Time for something new.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: