The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:23:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819787 times)
BedsCobb, A view from afar, Another Pedj and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #24400 on: April 20, 2019, 06:37:35 am »

Let’s get back to topic.  A good attempt by Hamster to obfuscate what this thread is currently about, namely the dismal failure of our owners since their take-over of NTFC in November 2015 to abide by the understanding they reached with NBC to complete the East Stand.  And in doing the square root of diddly squat KT has led supporters a merry old dance with the boundary line issues which I never found convincing since the very same owners own and control as leaseholders the adjoining land.  It was something that could have been quietly corrected whilst construction works were under way but KT was allowed to get away with this for quite some time, in fact until until June 2018 when the Council agreed to the reinstatement of the boundaries as they should be.  Since then despite blarney from KT about “good discussions” with NBC and East Stand “”progress” (what tosh!) it is apparent from the Trust’s findings that our owners have tried to kick the can down the road by dragging unconnected land issues into the situation, issues which the Council will not discuss until the owners do what they said they would do. Simple. Read the Trust statement. It is as clear as daylight.

Some of us on here have been banging on about this for a very long time in their individual ways - Beds, Random, Jolly Cobbler, Manwork04, myself and others.  Give us some credit. We were right.  That appears to be a difficult pill for some to swallow.

For what it’s worth, I have also been very critical of NBC in the past and absolutely I agree the Council made a right mess of the 2013 agreements with the club and CDNL, whatever shenanigans may have been in progress at that time.  But DB/KT came into ownership of the club knowing the situation and announcing to supporters that about £4million was available to complete the works.  Since then there has been no tangible progress and some of us realised very early on in the history of the present ownership that intent was lacking.

The repeated rhetoric of asking what we “keyboard warriors” are doing about the situation is pathetic.  This is a forum for opinions and we are expressing them.  Since the Trust statement was released on Thursday over 1,000 viewings of this thread have been made so people may just be taking on board why the club is where it is or is not on the East Stand and who is to blame.  Even the best attempts to deflect where responsibility rests won’t work and and attempts to do look ridiculous and disingenuous.

Our owners have been found out and their feet need to be held to the fire.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #24401 on: April 20, 2019, 07:59:22 am »

The comparison between a 90 year old vulnerable pensioner and what should be a competent business unit is beyond ridiculous. The council had access to solicitors, business people and untold legal advice. How can they be compared to a 90 year old?

The council are as culpable for the loss of the development money, as are the Cardozas. As for wiping out the debt so the stand could go ahead. Well... that’s rubbish. The club could not be pursued for the debt. NTFC was registered under the Cardozas names. There was no asset to pursue. The council already own the buildings and the land. What could they do, sue to cease their own asset?

Had the appropriate due diligence been conducted, we would not be where we are now. That is a simple fact.

Wrong. The club could have been held responsible for the debt and wound up. The value of the assets are debatable but there were some. It was a championship winning side and could have been sold as well as the ground etc. The council should have taken directors guarantees or paid the money in instalments directly to the builders but that is history. At any rate even with guarantees the directors could have bankrupted themselves. Oh hang on - they have!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24402 on: April 20, 2019, 08:36:18 am »

Let’s get back to topic.  A good attempt by Hamster to obfuscate what this thread is currently about, namely the dismal failure of our owners since their take-over of NTFC in November 2015 to abide by the understanding they reached with NBC to complete the East Stand.  And in doing the square root of diddly squat KT has led supporters a merry old dance with the boundary line issues which I never found convincing since the very same owners own and control as leaseholders the adjoining land.  It was something that could have been quietly corrected whilst construction works were under way but KT was allowed to get away with this for quite some time, in fact until until June 2018 when the Council agreed to the reinstatement of the boundaries as they should be.  Since then despite blarney from KT about “good discussions” with NBC and East Stand “”progress” (what tosh!) it is apparent from the Trust’s findings that our owners have tried to kick the can down the road by dragging unconnected land issues into the situation, issues which the Council will not discuss until the owners do what they said they would do. Simple. Read the Trust statement. It is as clear as daylight.

Some of us on here have been banging on about this for a very long time in their individual ways - Beds, Random, Jolly Cobbler, Manwork04, myself and others.  Give us some credit. We were right.  That appears to be a difficult pill for some to swallow.

For what it’s worth, I have also been very critical of NBC in the past and absolutely I agree the Council made a right mess of the 2013 agreements with the club and CDNL, whatever shenanigans may have been in progress at that time.  But DB/KT came into ownership of the club knowing the situation and announcing to supporters that about £4million was available to complete the works.  Since then there has been no tangible progress and some of us realised very early on in the history of the present ownership that intent was lacking.

The repeated rhetoric of asking what we “keyboard warriors” are doing about the situation is pathetic.  This is a forum for opinions and we are expressing them.  Since the Trust statement was released on Thursday over 1,000 viewings of this thread have been made so people may just be taking on board why the club is where it is or is not on the East Stand and who is to blame.  Even the best attempts to deflect where responsibility rests won’t work and and attempts to do look ridiculous and disingenuous.

Our owners have been found out and their feet need to be held to the fire.

Another rehash of the same old shyte.

Ok ok... So let’s address yours and a few others obvious need for affirmation. You’re right. Well done. Top man. Anybody that has remained indifferent to it should be outed. We should accept that by dwelling on the same point for an infinite amount of time things will change. But what happens now is my question. Let’s assume you have sold it to us that KT is everything you say t is. Why is it wrong to then say, what next?

For a huge amount of time now, there has been very little contrary opinion to the fact that the club is stagnating. So what are you and a few others hoping to achieve by repeating the same point with no end game. I don’t care if you like it or not. Your not prepared to do anything.

I stated over a year ago that I wasn’t happy with the situation. I sat in a meeting with Random, making suggestions to counter the current situation, only for him to come on here a few days later and state I support KT. This is the same bloke that told everyone that DC had humiliated my father. When I explained that I have never met my father, assuming that might be an obvious flaw in his story, he still carried on with the same mantra. I can't keep saying the same thing. I’m bored. I have spoke to the council. I have sat with the Trust. I have sat with KT. I’m not sure what any of you want. Not one person that I have spoke to at the Trust meeting, or the Park Inn meeting offers me a glimmer of hope. But at least some of them are trying. I have constantly said, they have my total respect. I have known Beds for years. I know all of the main players in the Trust. I defy any of them to say that they have a come to the conclusion that I support anyone other than the team. For me it’s like Brexit. Lots of talk, with no action or direction. Perhaps for you and a few others being right about something is all you want. But I can assure you. I’m still not sure who’s right or wrong. I’m not even sure what right or wrong is on this one.

I'm out of this debate. Have your pound of flesh. Fill ya boots. Pop your cork. Stick it in your w@nk bank 😁😁

Over to you...

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24403 on: April 20, 2019, 08:55:17 am »

Dear me, what a petulant bloke you are.  You have lost the argument and now the toys are coming out of the 'pram.

Tatty bye.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24404 on: April 20, 2019, 12:13:46 pm »

Some struggle to come to terms with having called it wrong, so it seems?
He who sups with the devil, should have a long spoon.
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #24405 on: April 20, 2019, 19:22:19 pm »

i want to argue about a point so i can disagree about a point, so i can argue more often, to make me feel important about a point that i have no control over,

i think you know my feelings on this matter
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #24406 on: April 21, 2019, 09:02:35 am »

You made that little proverb up didn't you!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24407 on: April 21, 2019, 15:52:36 pm »

I’ve run for cover....  Grin Grin It’s the right time once proverbs start being googled  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24408 on: April 21, 2019, 18:12:58 pm »

Who has called it wrong?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3293

« Reply #24409 on: April 22, 2019, 17:27:41 pm »

Il n’y a pas plus sourd que celui qui ne veut pas entendre
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #24410 on: April 22, 2019, 17:40:19 pm »

Anybody?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #24411 on: April 22, 2019, 17:50:20 pm »

Parlez-vous anglais?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #24412 on: April 22, 2019, 18:21:37 pm »

Tel, sometimes it's the bigger man who admits they have judged someone wrong.
KT is taking us for mugs, except some and now more and more are not so gullible.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #24413 on: April 22, 2019, 18:22:48 pm »

Parlez-vous anglais?

Sourd is deaf but is expressed in a negative way. As for the rest it is cryptic....
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24414 on: April 22, 2019, 18:29:44 pm »

I think its more of a case of "il n'y en a pas aussi aveugle que ceux qui ne verront pas"
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24415 on: April 22, 2019, 21:10:31 pm »

Tel, sometimes it's the bigger man who admits they have judged someone wrong.

Couldn’t agree more mate. So who’s going to show me where I got it wrong.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 21:15:48 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #24416 on: April 22, 2019, 22:02:44 pm »

Couldn’t agree more mate. So who’s going to show me where I got it wrong.
Grin Grin Grin 👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest170

« Reply #24417 on: April 23, 2019, 08:26:24 am »

Over the past few years as this mess has rumbled on, different versions of the truth have been given by the club and the council. I think its fair to say that neither side has been 100% open and honest with what has been going on.

The Trust statement is very much written after a meeting with the council so only represents their side. Im not suggesting at all that it isnt accurate however there isnt an input from the club. Something that seems to be missing from the world at the moment is balance and both sides of the situation. As I asked just after the statement was released, has the club been asked for comment by the Trust, or have the club released a statement (apologies if I have missed it).
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #24418 on: April 23, 2019, 16:18:49 pm »

As if by magic, a question and answer session will take place on the clubs official Facebook page TOMORROW from 6 to 7pm

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/facebook_qa_session/
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24419 on: April 23, 2019, 16:27:22 pm »

As if by magic, a question and answer session will take place on the clubs official Facebook page TOMORROW from 6 to 7pm
https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/facebook_qa_session/

Now this will be interesting, as the Trust has put out some good information. Hopefully this will spur KT into giving us some actual detail.....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: