The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:10:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820767 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24800 on: May 11, 2019, 13:31:51 pm »

So people don't want the debt on the balance sheet, but they also want money invested into the club  Huh?
Yes, we don't need or want ridiculous unaccountable debt dumped on our club but need to look at getting in investment and fund raising that shows returns that is sustainable and allows continuity onto the next redev project that allows steady growth involving the clubs biggest assets,  its support base, local businesses and its large catchment.
Thomas has been secretly going it alone without using the help Tom the above mentioned  to help kick start a redevelopment project,  because its not really why he's here!
Our club will never progress as long as the  greedy outsiders keep coming in looking for a quick and vast return on a very minimal investment.
Even at the expense of our club they conveniently  use as a bargaining chip!
Our council need to close the doors on Thomas, he has shown he has nothing to offer and needs to get out and take his ridiculous debts with him.
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #24801 on: May 11, 2019, 16:54:29 pm »

"Boring people are usually those who can't (or won't) understand how the conversation is experienced from the other person's perspective
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #24802 on: May 11, 2019, 17:04:11 pm »

"Boring people are usually those who can't (or won't) understand how the conversation is experienced from the other person's perspective

I don't condone underage drinking .. but I would suggest you lay off the cooking sherry.
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #24803 on: May 11, 2019, 17:14:31 pm »

I don't condone underage drinking .. but I would suggest you lay off the cooking sherry.

There looking for a First Line Support  Operator to join the asine Technology Services Team and support the technology requirements across the club. Interested?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24804 on: May 11, 2019, 17:54:31 pm »

Please tell me yours.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #24805 on: May 12, 2019, 02:44:52 am »

OK boys and girls lets be honest.

We can all agree on one thing, there has always been huge potential for our beloved club and it has shown in fleeting glimpses, from a cameo performance in the top flight to the Wembley trips. Unfortunately when it comes to owners our beautiful club has been unlucky in love, trapped in a string of bad relationships, like a battered wife or husband unable to escape their clutches.

Without a local businessman in the Forbes rich list willing to invest such as a Dave Whelan, was Max Griggs our lost opportunity? We are only going to be attractive to speculators with more interest in the grass outside of the stadium as opposed to inside. This obviously accounts for the current stand off at the OK Corall, again with our poor club cowering for cover as shots are fired across her.

We keep pointing the finger at each other, as if anyone of us can do anything! Not Beds nor Hammy (even with his help from the Dalai Lama) can really affect anything, it's all down to hoping and praying....or is it?

My life has been spent building things and I truly believe you build your way to success. From the grand station facades and hotels of the first railway companies to the Tulip, the latest 305 metre Norman Foster proposal for London, buildings make a statement and alter peoples perceptions.

There is a way out of this impasse and we can do it together. As Cobblerwatch alluded to, there are other stands at Sixfields. Roughly you need around 1 million pounds to add a basic tier with a thousand seats. The north and south stands are about as easy and inexpensive to extend as you could possibly ask for. Could you raise a thousand pounds for the club? How many of us could do so? I certainly could, even from my base in Asia. It's been mentioned on here dozens of times, even as far back as the start of this thread about fund raising.

I think we should be bolder. There must be 3000 diehards willing to cycle, shave, bungee whatever to raise a grand. Lets raise 3 million and build our own stand at our own community stadium, a 3000 seat extension to one of the ends. Each fundraiser to be proudly named on a plaque for all to see.

With social media and a myriad of options these days to make donations or raise awareness the PR potential is endless. Marches and protests can soon be forgotten but money talks. If a professional campaign was launched and significant funds began to appear it would be impossible for KT or the council to ignore, it might even attract potential new owners, it would certainly raise interest in the media as "the fans" desperate from the recent loan scandals, tired of the political shenanigans are forced to take it on themselves to move the club on. If fans, people of the town, gave Hammy three million quid and he slapped it on the councils table and said "I want to build a fans stand at our community stadium," do you think they would dare say no.

Stop the bickering and start the campaign, then we can all do something equally. A grand is not a lot and if it takes 2 or 3 years, so what? It could be the shot in the arm our club needs, break the impasse and put the club in the local and possibly national limelight.

Alltogether.com.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24806 on: May 12, 2019, 10:12:09 am »

Not a bad idea for the North & South Stands but first let our owners do what they said they would do and finish the East Stand with no more ifs and buts, no more kicking the can down the road, no more fatuous excuses and no more holding out for NBC approval on a wider CDNL development from which they will make millions and claim they are acting in “the best interests of the club”. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

And if they are not going to do what they promised to do in November 2015 and since then sell up, move on and let us move on. 
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #24807 on: May 13, 2019, 16:18:40 pm »

Not strictly Cobblers related but I see Bolton Wanderers have finally fallen into administration today.

They have a decent ground with excellent facilities......doesn't seem to have helped them though! They also have a hotel in the same group, The Bolton Whites hotel attached to the ground, which has also fallen into administration.

Also interesting is that they are trying to broker a takeover deal with Shandong Luneng, a Chinese group. They tried to buy the club last year but the deal never came off.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24808 on: May 13, 2019, 16:28:27 pm »

What do you expect them to do?

I’m assuming the meeting at the Park Inn was for a reason. I was told, and the meeting led us to believe, it was to gauge the supporters thoughts on fan ownership. Should I assume that the rather tepid response that was apparent, has led to that idea being dropped? It’s been a while now. The only follow up I have witnessed, was poor old Meccano being right royally thrown under the bus by the Trust..

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24809 on: May 13, 2019, 19:10:00 pm »

I’m assuming the meeting at the Park Inn was for a reason. I was told, and the meeting led us to believe, it was to gauge the supporters thoughts on fan ownership. Should I assume that the rather tepid response that was apparent, has led to that idea being dropped? It’s been a while now. The only follow up I have witnessed, was poor old Meccano being right royally thrown under the bus by the Trust..

The future health of our club is completely depended on our club being taken over by a group that have only the clubs interests at the fore, running it in a manner that allows steady growth fully engaging with all its supporters, catchment and buisness community.
Demanding an immediate halt to private profiteering from council  land  at Sixfields or any other assets associated with the club to be made.
The club must then start using new found investment to grow the clubs infrastructure and maintain a playing squad that reflects its increased income but not to exceed it.
NTFC supporters Trust are the only hope we have to rid ourselves of Thomas and his nonsensical debts and allow ntfc to move forward.
We need another meeting to update things and maintain momentum.
The spirit of Lomax and co is much needed now to show the town of Northampton that we haven't given up on it.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24810 on: May 13, 2019, 20:05:16 pm »

Before saying the Trust are the only way forward Beds, best all the supporters think the same. Because, at the moment, alot of supporters don't think the Trust are the solution.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24811 on: May 13, 2019, 20:12:59 pm »

Before saying the Trust are the only way forward Beds, best all the supporters think the same. Because, at the moment, alot of supporters don't think the Trust are the solution.
The penny is dropping, albeit very slowly but dropping none the less.
Speaking with members of trust  at the Saxon inn meeting, I fully believe they will get us out of this mess.
They just need the majority of support from the clubs fans and they will take the fight to Thomas.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24812 on: May 14, 2019, 05:49:54 am »

A lot of the Trust don't think the Trust are the solution  Grin  But as they have started the ball rolling, momentum is everything. Something that I stated to them in person prior to the meeting at the park Inn. I'm assuming they have at least a cogent plan in place and are ready to launch it imminently..

At the moment, it is looking a lot like the appetite for the supporters interest in running the club was hugely overestimated. And that KT's resolve to capitalise on what he has, was hugely under estimated.

I'm not adverse to Exiles plan either. Anything would be good at the moment. Even a car boot sale  Tongue Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24813 on: May 14, 2019, 06:25:58 am »

I take the point about momentum but these things take time. My understanding is that the Park Inn meeting was held to explain to supporters what has happened elsewhere (Exeter and Portsmouth were presented as examples) and to see if there is an appetite to take things forward.  If there is the desire the first decision is whether to follow the Exeter model (100% supporter ownership + no debt) or a so-called “hybrid” which would be some kind of joint venture between the Trust and an investor partner or partners.  My impression is that the hybrid model is preferred but that the Trust would be ready to follow the Exeter precedent if necessary, e.g. DB pulled the plug and insolvency threatened. 

One thing I know is that the notion that the Trust is going to be “running the club” in the day to day sense is plain wrong in the context of some negative posts here.  Most of the Trust directors have full-time jobs elsewhere or are retired so if if ever happened a professional management team would need to be put in place.  Any buyer inherits the present staff so most people needed would already be on the payroll.  At Wycombe I think there is a legal division between the ownership of the stadium and the management of the football side of things.  This seems a sensible way to protect the assets of the club.

But my own issue is that, as KT has discovered over the past 12 months, finding an interested investor given the financial state of the club and the East Stand impasse is a serious challenge, certainly very difficult if there is any substance to rumours of the asking price. 
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24814 on: May 14, 2019, 16:08:30 pm »

All sarcasm and joking aside. I am as keen as anyone to see these issue resolved. But I just can’t see the two side meeting on common ground. The gulf between the Trust and the club is the biggest it’s ever been, even under DC.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24815 on: May 14, 2019, 17:46:20 pm »

All sarcasm and joking aside. I am as keen as anyone to see these issue resolved. But I just can’t see the two side meeting on common ground. The gulf between the Trust and the club is the biggest it’s ever been, even under DC.

With All due respect, Thomas is a spent force who should be encouraged to find an exit strategy. Hopefully There's no multi millions pot of gold for his undeserved arse, unless the council have royally f### up again!
Any Northampton supporters who encourages his prolonged stay here are destroying the club the claim to support.

Why would anyone take over at a towns sporting institution that represents a town of a quarter of a million people with the desire to strip its clubs bare of assets for personal gain? Gains that would be detrimental to a clubs future well being?
Come on folks, Thomas has no reason to be here.
There are  8 trains an hour out of castle station , he needs to get on one!
I've seen my last game at Sixfields while these lot are here but willing to pay £200 towards the trust for a season ticket for watching cobblers from the bank.
Please come and join me.

Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #24816 on: May 15, 2019, 08:16:16 am »

With All due respect, Thomas is a spent force who should be encouraged to find an exit strategy. Hopefully There's no multi millions pot of gold for his undeserved arse, unless the council have royally f### up again!
Any Northampton supporters who encourages his prolonged stay here are destroying the club the claim to support.

Why would anyone take over at a towns sporting institution that represents a town of a quarter of a million people with the desire to strip its clubs bare of assets for personal gain? Gains that would be detrimental to a clubs future well being?
I've seen my last game at Sixfields while these lot are here but willing to pay £200 towards the trust for a season ticket for watching cobblers from the bank.
Please come and join me.

I think the only way to fully show your disdain is a full and total boycott of anything NTFC related!!
Not going to games (except any big cup games), not buying merchandise and not giving him the satisfaction of seeing how much he is frustrating you by a full and complete boycott of commenting on any forums, that will really show him!!  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24817 on: May 15, 2019, 08:49:00 am »

Please come and join me.

I look forward to walking by you...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #24818 on: May 15, 2019, 09:08:47 am »

Please come and join me.

Blimey, is that what they are charging these days? What a rip off! For an extra £49 you get:

• a seat
  • a roof over your head
  • a clear view of both goals
  • a guaranteed seat for any big cup games

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #24819 on: May 15, 2019, 09:38:40 am »

Blimey, is that what they are charging these days? What a rip off! For an extra £49 you get:

• a seat
  • a roof over your head
  • a clear view of both goals
  • a guaranteed seat for any big cup games

I no longer recognise Thomas's football club to be one that represents the Town of Northampton.
For 20 years now NTFC have been used as a means to gain vast riches in land and leases, even if this is to the long term detriment of the club.
I'm  very happy to temporarily suspend my long standing affiliation to NTFC but will return as soon as it becomes apparent to me it has regained a resemblance of professional football club that has a structure in place that puts the club to the fore, one which works hard to attract new supporters, buisness partners which can  work closely with the local council.
 Also importantly Showing growth plans with realistic targets.
The one thing that needs to stop immediately is the 20 years of council badgering by those whose main interests are personal gains of lucrative land and leases, the very thing that has seriously hampered our club for 2 decades now!
See you on the Sixfields bank.😎
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 [1241] 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: