The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 18:27:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842296 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25020 on: June 26, 2019, 06:59:38 am »

Pathetic, Deepcut. On your own admission you haven't bothered to inform yourself about the situation so I suggest you have nothing to contribute to the subject. 

If you don’t think there is any possible connection between the asset value of the club and the quality or even level of football we watch on the pitch over a period of time then so be it.  Fortunately, others do.

Why pathetic? That's probably what most are thinking about this very subject. The pathetic part is of those that keep 'barking at the traffic'.
Let's get on with the football, you can worry about the rest of the club on my behalf, let me know when you've done.
Thank you...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25021 on: June 26, 2019, 07:11:21 am »

You can't see the wood from the trees but only because you don't want or it's too much like hard work. Tel is absolutely when it comes to many of our supporter base.

The sadness is we will get what the likes of you deserve - perennial L2 and financial survival struggle, perhaps the occasional promotion to paper over the cracks but followed by relegation within 2 years and all this combined with a dysfunctional stadium hemmed in on the east side by commercial development from which our present owners will have made a killing and moved on leaving us with pretty well a zero asset base. 
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #25022 on: June 26, 2019, 07:31:38 am »

Can anyone answer what is actually being done about this? People want us "non-fussed" supporters to get behind those that clearly know more about the situation than we do, but I don't see anything being organised?

There is plenty being said on here, lots of "I know something you don't", the Trust appear to be insistent on fighting KT on their own behind closed doors (barring the odd statement) and we are getting nowhere.

If people "in the know" want the support of those of us who are not (or don't quite understand the situation), then for god sake give us something to get behind. Print leaflets, send e-mails/flyers, post on Social Media, organise meetings, whatever it takes.

All I see at the minute is plenty of snide comments and very little action, if things are spelled out in simple terms to the supporters and they are given an easy route to raise there voice about these concerns, then you will have all the support you need.

Exactly this...
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #25023 on: June 26, 2019, 07:32:22 am »

You can't see the wood from the trees but only because you don't want or it's too much like hard work. Tel is absolutely when it comes to many of our supporter base.

The sadness is we will get what the likes of you deserve - perennial L2 and financial survival struggle, perhaps the occasional promotion to paper over the cracks but followed by relegation within 2 years and all this combined with a dysfunctional stadium hemmed in on the east side by commercial development from which our present owners will have made a killing and moved on leaving us with pretty well a zero asset base. 
I have no problem with your views but Rauldinho is correct, instead of relentless comments on this board, surely an organised plan needs to be put together. I suggest the Supporters (Trust plus others) and Council pressure KT to meet and get clarity and a timescale for our future!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #25024 on: June 26, 2019, 07:42:56 am »

I have no problem with your views but Rauldinho is correct, instead of relentless comments on this board, surely an organised plan needs to be put together. I suggest the Supporters (Trust plus others) and Council pressure KT to meet and get clarity and a timescale for our future!
Without prejudice.
The trust are trying to do something!
In simple terms KT wants to split the land from the club and sell it......the council are telling him he has to finish the east stand first, as he promised when he got control of the club and CDNL....now KT wants planning on the land first and use the the land profit to pay for the east.
KT refuses to publish any plans or timescales for this.
Last time the land was for sale The commercial and residential would gross over £100m, the council have a covenant for £6m.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:47:29 am by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #25025 on: June 26, 2019, 07:43:24 am »

Why pathetic? That's probably what most are thinking about this very subject. The pathetic part is of those that keep 'barking at the traffic'.
Let's get on with the football, you can worry about the rest of the club on my behalf, let me know when you've done.
Thank you...
Really  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3264

« Reply #25026 on: June 26, 2019, 08:01:20 am »

Without prejudice.
In simple terms KT wants to split the land from the club and sell it......the council are telling him he has to finish the east stand first, as he promised when he got control of the club and CDNL....now KT wants planning on the land first and use the the land profit to pay for the east.
Last time the land was for sale The commercial and residential would gross over £100m, the council have a covenant for £6m.
Thank you.
What is the catylist the supporters can do to progress the situation on?
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #25027 on: June 26, 2019, 08:09:48 am »

What time are you picking me up?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25028 on: June 26, 2019, 08:14:13 am »

Without prejudice.
Thanks for the breakdown, I didn't realise that the value on the commercial/residential was as much as that. Couple of points though:

* I understand the Trust may be working hard behind the scenes to push KT on this, but what are they doing to get the "average joe" supporter like myself behind the cause? Is there a route for us to voice our concerns in unison or is it just joining the Trust and hoping they can manage it quietly? I may have missed something here, but I don;t recall seeing a massive call-to-arms if you will.

* Is there a possibility that KT will sell the land and make his profit, but at the same time complete the East Stand and remove the debt from the club? Whilst we don't benefit as we should, we would have things complete and a clean slate for a new owner/investor? I would not want this personally, but it sounds better than him selling up and leaving us with a half finished stand and more debt.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #25029 on: June 26, 2019, 08:25:14 am »

Without prejudice.
Those are decent figures in favour of KT/DB. 100 minus 6 to the council and the cost of finishing the stand still leaves a hefty profit.
So why dont they just finish the stand... Is it because they fear they might be denied planning permission even after that?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25030 on: June 26, 2019, 08:52:28 am »

Fair comment Manwork04 and your support is appreciated.  Part of the problem has been getting to the truth of what is in progress.  This has not quite been bottomed but it is not far away.  The Trust statements reflect what has been learned from the Council, not from the club. This is solely down to our owners who have been getting away with obfuscation for far too long.  KT continues to duck and dive on the matter of plans.  I am referring not only to the East Stand plans but also to those for the land behind.  I can assure you that much of what the redoubtable Beds has written over a long period about a “land grab” is not wide of the mark.  In that context consider the continuing refusal of CDNL to sign the legal document reinstating the NTFC/CDNL boundary to what it should be.  Consider the consequences for NTFC.  I forecast that those who have targeted Beds for ridicule stand to be ridiculed in turn before long. 

Let me add that before “tangible actions” can be considered the full picture has to be ascertained.  All that can be said at this stage is that as things stand it is not looking good for those of us who understand or, rather, can be bothered or motivated to understand that, as Manwork04 puts it, our success is a direct reflection of our off-field success.  I would only add the words sustainable success. You cannot build a house without foundations.
Let’s get one thing straight. Beds and Random have been targeted on here not because of their views on KT. They put themselves in the crosshairs for coming up with ridiculous business plans and then personally attacking all and every individual as not being supporters and KT lovers etc if they dared question the viability of the crap. Usually in an obvious attempt to suppress opinion and serve their agenda. I can’t think of anyone on here who has championed KT. They either want him gone or are indifferent to the bloke and all points in between. You and I have had a few debates but not once have you questioned my loyalty to the club or made personal or patronising remarks. As a result you haven’t been subjected to any. You reap as you sow VC, especially on here. As a result anyone being ridiculed for questioning Beds would only be justified if his business plans turn out to be a success? The aforementioned ridicule will remain unaffected by the the outcome of this saga, and fcuk all to do with the possibility of KT turning out to be a c***, so don’t hold your breath matey.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:55:21 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #25031 on: June 26, 2019, 08:57:17 am »

So why dont they just finish the stand... Is it because they fear they might be denied planning permission even after that?

That's exactly as I see it (and can understand why they would be reticent to do so). I also think that getting the ACV to cover the old athletics stadium has probably compounded this problem too.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest168

« Reply #25032 on: June 26, 2019, 09:16:27 am »

U need to re read my posts Melbourne as I have not come up with any business plans.

U try to talk up business acument, return on investment etc etc, mostly to support a business owner who offers no business planning, growth or best practice.

Do u think a centrally based town with a population of over 250k, without a top marque club within 60 miles be able to support Prem or Champinship football?

That town has a club already that has a football league history, that has a fan base of 20k plus, that took 7000 fans to a game in the hope that victory would get them a ticket to a game against a top Prem team

Is there a business opportunity there?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25033 on: June 26, 2019, 09:29:54 am »

U need to re read my posts Melbourne as I have not come up with any business plans.

U try to talk up business acument, return on investment etc etc, mostly to support a business owner who offers no business planning, growth or best practice.

Do u think a centrally based town with a population of over 250k, without a top marque club within 60 miles be able to support Prem or Champinship football?

That town has a club already that has a football league history, that has a fan base of 20k plus, that took 7000 fans to a game in the hope that victory would get them a ticket to a game against a top Prem team

Is there a business opportunity there?
Different day, same old sh1t. What were the businesses you ran, 4 paper rounds and a Bob-a-Job franchise?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest168

« Reply #25034 on: June 26, 2019, 09:31:12 am »

Also in reply, yes I get very frustrated with those that say and therefore do nothing re our football club and the present owners.

I get even more frustrated when those same people jump on those that do try to shine a light on our football club and ask questions or make suggestions.

KT has broken almost every promise, delivered us back to average league 2 fodder, and mis lead (at best) us fans with whose to blame re development delays, quote have the money to build east stand and then 2 days later (after news of the truth re NBC) states need other development to pay for East stand.

Basically making his 3 years at the club a total sham

Yet the Trust are involved in a fancy document with some big words and big ideas and those involved get hounded off this site. People of Northampton want to get involved but KT won't do the right thing and sell for a very fair price as he needs to hold NBC and NTFC to ransom over his other land.

I was riduculed before for saying he is DC part 2, well to be history is repeating itself it's almost like time has reversed. The only difference is NBC have not been so stupid and given KT another £10m
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #25035 on: June 26, 2019, 09:32:27 am »

What are u talking about Melbourne, even in winter the sun has gone to your head

I see that you don't bother to answer my post as is never done when I ask a serious question
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #25036 on: June 26, 2019, 09:34:47 am »

Ffs bore off with this thread .
We ain’t going anywhere special , it’s unlikely someone is going to buy us , the east stand is not going to be developed anytime soon and we will never “ do a Bournemouth “ in my lifetime.
Get over it and join the other 30 clubs in our position .
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25037 on: June 26, 2019, 09:47:42 am »

What are u talking about Melbourne, even in winter the sun has gone to your head

I see that you don't bother to answer my post as is never done when I ask a serious question
Try asking a serious question and I’ll give it a go? For the last time, I don’t support KT, the club has gone backwards on the pitch since he has been here and he didn’t come through on the completion of the stand. Now he has indicated he wants to sell all he will do is instigate further uncertainty and instability. That doesn’t automatically mean that the future is going to be any brighter and some of the proposals that have been put forward on here would only result in oblivion for the club. My concerns are what happens post KT, yet when the likes of myself and others like me view alternative proposals with scepticism you immediately accuse us of supporting KT. Just like you have in these recent posts. That’s why I treat you with contempt as a general rule, get it?
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25038 on: June 26, 2019, 09:54:55 am »

Ffs bore off with this thread .
We ain’t going anywhere special , it’s unlikely someone is going to buy us , the east stand is not going to be developed anytime soon and we will never “ do a Bournemouth “ in my lifetime.
Get over it and join the other 30 clubs in our position .
A competitive established league one club with real championship aspersions, playing in a professional looking atmospheric ground that fans are excited to visit.. this is our fate and it will happen as soon as Thomas goes.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25039 on: June 26, 2019, 09:58:39 am »

The case for the defence rests.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: