The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:33:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820298 times)
DavCobb (+ 1 Hidden) and 37 Guests are viewing this topic.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25080 on: July 04, 2019, 09:06:51 am »

Never been struck on them white shorts  Embarrassed

That'll be it  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #25081 on: July 04, 2019, 11:56:19 am »

Dark grey shirts and socks with white trim and shorts. Away strip was white shirt socks and shorts with 2 dark grey bands across the shirt. Some supporter?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #25082 on: July 11, 2019, 21:33:22 pm »

Nothing to add, just couldn't bear a whole week going by without a single post on the world's longest thread (probably).

Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25083 on: July 12, 2019, 05:32:20 am »

Nothing to add, just couldn't bear a whole week going by without a single post on the world's longest thread (probably).

Wink
Id almost forgotten about this. Refresh my memory, what’s the story so far?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3264

« Reply #25084 on: July 12, 2019, 07:13:29 am »

Id almost forgotten about this. Refresh my memory, what’s the story so far?
Once upon a time a knight in shining armour came to sort a total c*ck up by the Cardoza/NBC partnership. Sir KT talked the talk but did NOT walk the walk!!!
After many sleepless nights we still wake up to an embarrassing carbuncle of an East Stand!!!

978,956 views, 25,264 comments; result- NOTHING!

One wonders if the next chapter will remain a fairytale?
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25085 on: July 12, 2019, 08:57:17 am »

This thread is now over seven years old, maybe it should be renamed redevelopment further than ever.  There doesn't seem any desire whatever to complete the East Stand.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25086 on: July 12, 2019, 20:37:22 pm »

This thread is now over seven years old, maybe it should be renamed redevelopment further than ever.  There doesn't seem any desire whatever to complete the East Stand.
Finishing the 'East stand' is a red herring,  Thomas gave the impression he was genuinely interested in doing something but was all bravado as he never had any intentions other than hoping to make multi millions for his paymasters and give our club a token gesture..
In L2 we just rot, crap team, crap attendances, crap ground, its how we roll, but when the club reach L1 it is a different beast, we play dozens of bigger clubs that attract larger attendances,  so much so we lose £300k at the gate by being unable to welcome upwards of 3,000 visiting fans and allow our club to build up its supporters base wanting to sample greater atmosphere at a more professional stadium, which 'finishing the east' does not allow! Yes great in entertaining local buisneses and attracting investment through sponsorship etc, it doesnt allow 8, 9 or 10,000 gates we lose out on hand over fist.
The main thing Sixfields needs is a capacity increase, which would greatly improve the stadium.
The easiest and most dramatic improvement would see a 3000 capacity cheap bank of terracing built up behind the seats in the south stand, costing approx £1.5m. Which is close to the amount of revenues lost every season we spend in L2!
The stand could be shared and still allow up to 3000 visiting fans to access games at a vociferous Sixfields that would attract the more vocal younger fans we need badly.
When Thomas next talks of finishing the East, which I doubt he ever will, just ask yourself, is he really the big football / buisness man he led us to believe he was?
I'm convinced he's not.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #25087 on: July 12, 2019, 21:05:25 pm »

Good grief
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25088 on: July 12, 2019, 22:11:39 pm »

Allow me to slightly edit the latest dross from the serial fantasist Beds.
“When Beds next talks of finishing the East, which I doubt we ever will, just ask yourself, is he really the big football / buisness man he led us to believe he was?
He's not”
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25089 on: July 13, 2019, 06:44:04 am »

Allow me to slightly edit the latest dross from the serial fantasist Beds.
“When Beds next talks of finishing the East, which I doubt we ever will, just ask yourself, is he really the big football / buisness man he led us to believe he was?
He's not”
I never gave the impression I would 'finish the East stand' Thomas did in order to take control of the club cheaply, but never as much as presented an artist impression of what he intended doing, which I believe is nothing.
Melborne, you being a businessman who has been very quick with a defeatist no can do attitude to suggestions as to what Sixfields needs to help its inability to sustain our club and push its urgent need for growth, so what do you reckon to my latest suggestions that talk of finishing the East above a much easier extention of the South stand to allow us to capitalise in L1 on gate revenues is all a big red herring to throw Northampton town fans off track as to what our club really needs whilst allowing Thomas extra time in land aquirement he craves?
I say moth ball the East stand a little longer, extend the South stand in  preparation  for an assault on L1, east stand can be phase 2 . North stand being phase 3, and championship ready.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25090 on: July 13, 2019, 08:54:48 am »

I never gave the impression I would 'finish the East stand' Thomas did in order to take control of the club cheaply, but never as much as presented an artist impression of what he intended doing, which I believe is nothing.
Melborne, you being a businessman who has been very quick with a defeatist no can do attitude to suggestions as to what Sixfields needs to help its inability to sustain our club and push its urgent need for growth, so what do you reckon to my latest suggestions that talk of finishing the East above a much easier extention of the South stand to allow us to capitalise in L1 on gate revenues is all a big red herring to throw Northampton town fans off track as to what our club really needs whilst allowing Thomas extra time in land aquirement he craves?
I say moth ball the East stand a little longer, extend the South stand in  preparation  for an assault on L1, east stand can be phase 2 . North stand being phase 3, and championship ready.
I’ve said the wrong thing again haven’t I? I agree, you never have said you would finish the East Stand, just waffled on incessantly about KT doing it. On a serious note Beds it doesn’t matter what you do, finish the south, the east, put in your boxes it doesn’t matter. As I keep saying all you need to do is come up with some concrete bullet proof figures to enable us to raise the cash. Every post you put on here is full of opinion and debatable at that. The facts are that any proposals need to be financially bullet proof otherwise you won’t get support, and without that groundswell you’re wasting your time. Instead of generalised comments put some figures together and go to the trust, anything but the same repetitive stuff on here? You never know, you might come up with something workable? You’ve got your critics on here, me included but no one can knock your commitment and drive, you just need to channel it in the right direction rather than arguing in support of your opinion that has no real substance attached to it? You spoke on here about Division 1 and clubs that bring large away support. Good point, how many, how often and how many times did the away allocation sell out? What does that equate to in terms of revenue? Come up with decent figures and then people will sit up and take notice. Either that or you can come back and have another pop at me with another barrow load of generalised opinion and argument? You decide?
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25091 on: July 13, 2019, 12:34:22 pm »

I’ve said the wrong thing again haven’t I? I agree, you never have said you would finish the East Stand, just waffled on incessantly about KT doing it. On a serious note Beds it doesn’t matter what you do, finish the south, the east, put in your boxes it doesn’t matter. As I keep saying all you need to do is come up with some concrete bullet proof figures to enable us to raise the cash. Every post you put on here is full of opinion and debatable at that. The facts are that any proposals need to be financially bullet proof otherwise you won’t get support, and without that groundswell you’re wasting your time. Instead of generalised comments put some figures together and go to the trust, anything but the same repetitive stuff on here? You never know, you might come up with something workable? You’ve got your critics on here, me included but no one can knock your commitment and drive, you just need to channel it in the right direction rather than arguing in support of your opinion that has no real substance attached to it? You spoke on here about Division 1 and clubs that bring large away support. Good point, how many, how often and how many times did the away allocation sell out? What does that equate to in terms of revenue? Come up with decent figures and then people will sit up and take notice. Either that or you can come back and have another pop at me with another barrow load of generalised opinion and argument? You decide?
Here's £1m per season in losses by being unable to attain L1 football, based on having an extra 3000 capacity at Sixfields taking the capacity to 10,000 and allowing upto 3000 visiting fans, all based on next season.

Losses from sky tv pool 300,000
Losses on gates
Fixtures to attract 8,9 or 10,000 (spare capacity is a good thing, selling out too often, for your information,  is bad practice )
COV
IPSWICH
PETERBOROUGH
PORTSMOUTH
MK
BOLTON
OXFORD
SUNDERLAND.
A minimum increase of 20,000 from just 8 games above sixfields as it is now. That's £400,000 extra income.

Having a better looking stadium that has an atmospheric feel to the place, should attract a minimum extra 15,000 home and visiting supporters over the course of the season playing the less attractive sides. That's another £300,000!
Better income through food and drink sales, advertising revenues etc, already £1m a season extra income looks very conservative!
A 3000 bank of standing terracing, is the way to go as a first phase, the east stand 2nd.
The cost of the work £1.5m, the damage to our clubs future to carry on aimlessly with Thomas, immeasurable.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 12:38:57 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25092 on: July 13, 2019, 12:46:04 pm »

Here's £1m per season in losses by being unable to attain L1 football, based on having an extra 3000 capacity at Sixfields taking the capacity to 10,000 and allowing upto 3000 visiting fans, all based on next season.

Losses from sky tv pool 300,000
Losses on gates
Fixtures to attract 8,9 or 10,000 (spare capacity is a good thing, selling out too often, for your information,  is bad practice )
COV
IPSWICH
PETERBOROUGH
PORTSMOUTH
MK
BOLTON
OXFORD
SUNDERLAND.
A minimum increase of 20,000 from just 8 games above sixfields as it is now. That's £400,000 extra income.

Having a better looking stadium that has an atmospheric feel to the place, should attract a minimum extra 15,000 home and visiting supporters over the course of the season playing the less attractive sides. That's another £300,000!
Better income through food and drink sales, advertising revenues etc, already £1m a season extra income looks very conservative!
A 3000 bank of standing terracing, is the way to go as a first phase, the east stand 2nd.
The cost of the work £1.5m, the damage to our clubs future to carry on aimlessly with Thomas, immeasurable.

as I thought, thanks for confirming.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25093 on: July 13, 2019, 13:09:43 pm »

as I thought, thanks for confirming.
You're welcome, glad to be of service  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #25094 on: July 13, 2019, 15:19:33 pm »

You're welcome, glad to be of service  Wink

Beds,

You need to also consider the additional costs - more expensive players (salary, transfer fees and so forth), additional security costs (internal and policing), more back office staff, increased on-going maintenance costs etc............................Have you taken out the 20% VAT on your increased revenue ?

As a minimum I'd want the stadium back to the standard it was in before Cardoza redeveloped it and refurbished back to the standard when it was brand new. It had become very jaded. For the future I wonder if increased revenue may come from live tv on the internet rather than more bums on seats.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25095 on: July 13, 2019, 15:42:46 pm »

Beds,

You need to also consider the additional costs - more expensive players (salary, transfer fees and so forth), additional security costs (internal and policing), more back office staff, increased on-going maintenance costs etc............................Have you taken out the 20% VAT on your increased revenue ?

As a minimum I'd want the stadium back to the standard it was in before Cardoza redeveloped it and refurbished back to the standard when it was brand new. It had become very jaded. For the future I wonder if increased revenue may come from live tv on the internet rather than more bums on seats.

What you’re attempting to do, is akin to sending Stevie Wonder for an eye test...
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25096 on: July 13, 2019, 15:52:46 pm »

What you’re attempting to do, is akin to sending Stevie Wonder for an eye test...
To be carried out by Ray Charles
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25097 on: July 13, 2019, 16:01:02 pm »

Beds,

19% corporation tax on any profits. All I asked him was how many times the away end sold out when we were in division 1 and he comes back with yet another comedy business plan.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #25098 on: July 13, 2019, 16:40:04 pm »

19% corporation tax on any profits. All I asked him was how many times the away end sold out when we were in division 1 and he comes back with yet another comedy business plan.

You are fixated with BedsCobb. Perhaps you should put forward your own plan to resolve the East Stand impasse.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #25099 on: July 13, 2019, 16:41:15 pm »

Mate, you can't expect facts or a straight answer from him, he'd blow a gasket.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: