The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:24:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 [1257] 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820092 times)
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #25120 on: July 15, 2019, 21:47:07 pm »

Never got to bed till 5am. My phone has been getting a text every minute with the Aussies whinging and blubbing about the game, how we cheated by changing the rules, not playing players who are English all that? I keep telling them if they hadn’t forgot the sandpaper it would have been them playing NZ not us? I told them I keep reading the name on the trophy but it doesn’t mention any of that, it just says “England”?
You tell 'em 😜
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25121 on: July 16, 2019, 11:35:21 am »

Update from the Trust on the East Stand:

http://ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/statement-east-stand-update

Still no proposed solutions from anyone, it is a right mess but at least the Trust have the good of the club in the forefront of their thinking.

Not sure how this plays out judging by what is being said.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #25122 on: July 16, 2019, 12:08:50 pm »

Agree, clear statement from the Trust...no idea what happens next though...

All we know is it's been yet another wasted Summer with nowt whatsoever happening to that bloomin eyesore of an East Stand

I think even the staunchest KT supporters are beginning to wane...

No doubt, a non committal official response is being drafted...

So frustrating!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #25123 on: July 16, 2019, 12:10:22 pm »

That sounds to me like the Trust, having alienated the owners, have switched their focus to alienating the council by making demands of them too.

Will Rogers once defined diplomacy as the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock. I think the Trust's definition involves locking themselves in a room with a pair of dogs and then giving them both a good, hard kick before checking to see if they have a key (or a rock).
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3264

« Reply #25124 on: July 16, 2019, 12:12:52 pm »

Agree with the Trust's statement BUT the main cards are with KT and NBC so all we can do is sit on our hands, with our begging bowls empty!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25125 on: July 16, 2019, 19:46:34 pm »

Once again the Trust identify the problem, without a single solution. Or worse more, no attempt to galvanise the support behind a concerted campaign.

It’s like a room full of Beds cobblers. Telling us what we know, but that’s it. I genuinely hope that Vintages repetitive “wait and see” statement amounts to more than this.

I apologise in advance if this is the precursor to something tangible. But at the moment we are STILL no further on than we have been for ages.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #25126 on: July 16, 2019, 19:50:27 pm »

So how big is the parcel of land for the club?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25127 on: July 16, 2019, 20:28:37 pm »

Once again the Trust identify the problem, without a single solution. Or worse more, no attempt to galvanise the support behind a concerted campaign.

It’s like a room full of Beds cobblers. Telling us what we know, but that’s it. I genuinely hope that Vintages repetitive “wait and see” statement amounts to more than this.

I apologise in advance if this is the precursor to something tangible. But at the moment we are STILL no further on than we have been for ages.

So what is the answer? Seems like the Trust have asked questions, have got answers and issues this statement based on information gathered. What next?

Oh all seriousness...what can they do? What can anyone do? Mobilise the troops for a protest?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #25128 on: July 16, 2019, 20:56:20 pm »

So what is the answer? Seems like the Trust have asked questions, have got answers and issues this statement based on information gathered. What next?

Oh all seriousness...what can they do? What can anyone do? Mobilise the troops for a protest?
I’m up for a protest 1st game of the season nice big banner in the east stand, all over social media press etc.
#we want answers 2
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3293

« Reply #25129 on: July 16, 2019, 21:01:44 pm »

THE REVOLUTION. 7 WEIRD f***S HOLDING A BANNER WHILE WANKING EACH OTHER OFF.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25130 on: July 16, 2019, 21:10:10 pm »

There is nothing new in there, with the exception of the fact that the council are now back out of the circle of trust 😂😂

I said on here over and over again that this council will screw us over, yet Beds stated that he trusted them.

The Trust has a significant amount of money, that has sat around doing nothing for far to long now. As I stated right from the start. Start posting out to the support, or hand out leaflets. If we are in this alleged crisis, let’s see a matching urgency. Ask the support to join in a protest. Let’s see how much momentum can be generated.

Too much talking.. Let’s start rattling some cages.

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25131 on: July 16, 2019, 21:31:28 pm »

The major difference as I see it is that back in the Cardoza days there was a conditional land transfer deal planned whereby the club was "guaranteed" to see some return from the transfer of the land (£5m + a percentage over another amount wasn't it?)

Now it seems that CDNL want to BUY the land off the Council.......the land they already hold the leases for? If CDNL own the land they can do what they want with it....and there is no guarantee of anything coming back to the Football Club. I mean...they could develop it.....they could sell it a year later to a totally unconnected developer and walk off into the sunset.
Report Spam   Logged

Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #25132 on: July 16, 2019, 21:33:48 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25133 on: July 16, 2019, 21:45:04 pm »

There is nothing new in there, with the exception of the fact that the council are now back out of the circle of trust 😂😂

I said on here over and over again that this council will screw us over, yet Beds stated that he trusted them.

The Trust has a significant amount of money, that has sat around doing nothing for far to long now. As I stated right from the start. Start posting out to the support, or hand out leaflets. If we are in this alleged crisis, let’s see a matching urgency. Ask the support to join in a protest. Let’s see how much momentum can be generated.

Too much talking.. Let’s start rattling some cages.

Sounds like a good idea......I just have this nagging thought that until something big happens then the "fans" do not get behind anything like this. The large majority of football fans only care about whats going on on the pitch....and when the team isn't performing they protest against the manager and players.
The days of the Stonhill out, McRtchie out, Underwood out mobs seem so long ago! seems all we had to do in those days was protest and chant for a couple of matches and bingo, we had a change of owner!

Thomas has come under very little scrutiny from anyone.....which is surprising after nearly 4 years of stagnation.....but it still seems that the masses see him as "the man who saved the club"
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25134 on: July 16, 2019, 21:47:54 pm »

This sort of thing should be pushed more into the public domain.....

28 months on from this article.........any progress?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-39292040
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25135 on: July 16, 2019, 22:57:15 pm »

Sounds like a good idea......I just have this nagging thought that until something big happens then the "fans" do not get behind anything like this. The large majority of football fans only care about whats going on on the pitch....and when the team isn't performing they protest against the manager and players.
The days of the Stonhill out, McRtchie out, Underwood out mobs seem so long ago! seems all we had to do in those days was protest and chant for a couple of matches and bingo, we had a change of owner!

Thomas has come under very little scrutiny from anyone.....which is surprising after nearly 4 years of stagnation.....but it still seems that the masses see him as "the man who saved the club"

I couldn’t agree more. In fact I would completely echo what you have said.

But.. The Trust insist that the comfy relationship between the support and KT that you and I agree upon, is not as solid as it seems.

So once again I am asking them to come out of the shadows and get the show on the road. As I said to Vintage, at this point in time, we have gone from screaming out for one promise to be delivered, only to have two to choose from now. Neither have delivered on anything yet..
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #25136 on: July 16, 2019, 23:14:53 pm »

I thought he did !
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #25137 on: July 16, 2019, 23:19:29 pm »

I’m up for a protest 1st game of the season nice big banner in the east stand, all over social media press etc.
#we want answers 2

I would rather see the Management incl Mr Chairman make sure we have a decent team for the coming season. After tonight I am concerned that we far from achieving that.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25138 on: July 16, 2019, 23:31:47 pm »

I would rather see the Management incl Mr Chairman make sure we have a decent team for the coming season. After tonight I am concerned that we far from achieving that.

It was only a friendly Evers...it means nothing!!  Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25139 on: July 17, 2019, 02:19:50 am »

Thomas said right from the get go that and I’m paraphrasing “funds are set aside to develop the East Stand”. I read that exactly as it said whilst assuming he had omitted the caveat “if financially viable to do so”. Realistically that probably means if we are getting promoted to the championship. Misleading to say the least and this is where Beds and his supporters are spot on, is Thomas going to take the club forward? I doubt it, not unless KC pulls off a little magic act and delivers us into the championship. In any event KT wants to sell, so that in itself answers the question. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, forget the blame game and identifying what’s wrong. My 6 year old can work that out. The primary focus from here should what can we collectively and realistically do to change things if anything. What does “Thomas out” achieve other than quenching the thirst for blood? If Thomas is out that’s fine, but in the scheme of things it’s nothing, he’ll be just another owner/speculator in disguise that promised much and failed to deliver. What comes next is everything, and the only thing that should matter?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:23:50 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 [1257] 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: