The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:20:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820553 times)
west stand oap, Alfred (+ 1 Hidden) and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25160 on: July 18, 2019, 11:12:18 am »

Hi Nigel,  I look at the very best things that happened to our club in the past 25 years and all are a direct result of NBC helping our club to progress, firstly 25 years ago they gifted us with a little stadium that was designed for expansion to allow our club to progress up the divisions, we failed to expand or move up the divisions,  so they allowed Cardoza to have a massive £12m to finally move our club forward, but due to some absolute fcukery by a few people,  it got weasled away.
They then despite being rinsed of £10m they waived their demands for money owed so to allowed Thomas and co to take the club for peanuts on a promise they had £4m on the hip so to finish the piece of crap thats standing like a monument to miss management.
They didnt finish it..
The council, while not perfect have gone way and above and beyond what would be expected of them, they have done far more than any outside speculators have or ever will.
We will one day need their help again, and its important that we work closely with them.

I willingly accept the initial part of the statement regarding the building of the stadium. Although you would have had your/our bigger stadium had they took up some of the joint offers that were on the table at the time. Also, you need to take into consideration that huge amount of the approval of the Sixfields Stadium was sold to the council and the town based on how easily the stadium could be expanded on. It certainly wasn't cheap at the time, and we could have had a larger development for the money. As time goes by I am less convinced that future proofing for Sixfields was ever a consideration, and that certain work at Round Spinney and Moulton Park were the key factors in that price and any subsequent off setting. But... I am grateful for what we got. We'd have been out on our heels with the Cockerel (sp) trust hot on our backs about the County Ground. Nothing should detract from the great work that Terry Wire put into securing the ground. Fantastic guy, with a huge heart.

As for the loan to Cardoza. If you can't see how the council were equally culpable in what went wrong there, then I'm best leaving it where it is.

Of course we should work closely with them. I do it every day. But I'm sure that the already exceptionally long queue of people who have had their trust eradicated through interactions with them, has some new additions of late  Grin Grin Grin 

Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #25161 on: July 18, 2019, 11:29:53 am »

Hi Nigel,  I look at the very best things that happened to our club in the past 25 years and all are a direct result of NBC helping our club to progress, firstly 25 years ago they gifted us with a little stadium that was designed for expansion to allow our club to progress up the divisions, we failed to expand or move up the divisions,  so they allowed Cardoza to have a massive £12m to finally move our club forward, but due to some absolute fcukery by a few people,  it got weasled away.
They then despite being rinsed of £10m they waived their demands for money owed so to allowed Thomas and co to take the club for peanuts on a promise they had £4m on the hip so to finish the piece of crap thats standing like a monument to miss management.
They didnt finish it..
The council, while not perfect have gone way and above and beyond what would be expected of them, they have done far more than any outside speculators have or ever will.
We will one day need their help again, and its important that we work closely with them.

Whilst initial comments you make are correct, it is what you omit I take issue with.

Yes they got the club out of the mire at the County Ground by building the Stadium at Sixfields BUT you fail to mention the c*ck up by not agreeing an Ikea deal at Junction 15. Now who benefited by the enabling funds?

Yes the Council provided over ten million pounds for the expansion BUT who was the incompitant who gave the WHOLE sum in one lump?

Yes the Council facilitated KT BUT they did not tie down the land details in a watertight contract!

I suggest you try in the future to tell the FULL facts not just the ones you prefer!

Now is the time for the Council to tell their public their future plans for the area.
Now is the time for theTrust to tell supporters their understanding for our future.
Now is the time for KT to tell fans his intentions for the short term and long term future (off the field) for OUR football club..........PLEASE!!!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25162 on: July 18, 2019, 12:37:38 pm »

Whilst initial comments you make are correct, it is what you omit I take issue with.

Yes they got the club out of the mire at the County Ground by building the Stadium at Sixfields BUT you fail to mention the c*ck up by not agreeing an Ikea deal at Junction 15. Now who benefited by the enabling funds?

Yes the Council provided over ten million pounds for the expansion BUT who was the incompitant who gave the WHOLE sum in one lump?

Yes the Council facilitated KT BUT they did not tie down the land details in a watertight contract!

I suggest you try in the future to tell the FULL facts not just the ones you prefer!

Now is the time for the Council to tell their public their future plans for the area.
Now is the time for theTrust to tell supporters their understanding for our future.
Now is the time for KT to tell fans his intentions for the short term and long term future (off the field) for OUR football club..........PLEASE!!!

My understanding is that the Council built Sixfields off the back of selling the Corporation owned Northampton Transport bus company.

Also the land at Junction 15 is/was South Northants Council land, or at least SNC were complicit in getting the development thrown out, in association with NBC concerns about this "killing the town centre"

The money provided by the council was not given in one lump, it was drawn down in bits over 4 or 5 separate occasions which should have (but didn't) tied in with the development schedule.

Finally, as for the Council tying down the land....wasn't it KT who brought CDNL at the last minute when it was in administration thereby gazumping the council who thought the land would come back to them if the process saw CDNL Liquidated after the period of administration? The Council could have acted quicker....but it looks like KT knew what he was doing when he claimed CDNL.

All the above is my understanding of the points you have commented on.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25163 on: July 18, 2019, 14:17:23 pm »

Sorry but you can't blame the council.

Cardozians had been here years, who would have known they were going lose the 10 million pounds.

I am of the strong belief that no council should lend money to sports clubs unless they are fan run. Fans are the only people who care about the club as a whole.

Chairman should do what every other business does when they want a loan..... go to the bank.

Mind you this council spends millions on a one way system them spends millions putting it back a few years later - tells you all you need to know, waste waste waste. Hopefully they will have learnt lessons now and Northamptonshire as a whole will see funding spent correctly on improving the area rather than hiring boxes at Frannys gardens to watch the ruddy rugby.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
guest3264

« Reply #25164 on: July 18, 2019, 14:27:13 pm »

Thank you GPC for your understanding.
If the money was drawn down in 4 or 5 stages it does not seem logical, if my understanding is correct, that 2 million was spent on building and 8 million on profit for somebody!!!!?Huh?

Lukey, I can blame the Council because they are supposed to employ professionals to oversee all aspects of our tax spending! So why was ALL the 10 million paid over?
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #25165 on: July 18, 2019, 14:38:50 pm »

Thought KT might have provided his usual non committal update by now in response to the latest Trust statement...

I guess it's stalemate all round for the foreseeable, unless the Trust know something we don't  Undecided

Still, what's happened to our "Muzzy" puts football into perspective after the year or so he's had...

Thoughts to all his friends and family after the passing of his mother, not long after his father also passed...

Stay strong Muzzy!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 14:45:08 pm by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #25166 on: July 19, 2019, 10:59:04 am »

Thank you GPC for your understanding.
If the money was drawn down in 4 or 5 stages it does not seem logical, if my understanding is correct, that 2 million was spent on building and 8 million on profit for somebody!!!!?Huh?

Lukey, I can blame the Council because they are supposed to employ professionals to oversee all aspects of our tax spending! So why was ALL the 10 million paid over?

Grange's points are accurate. Though, just to add, the money was initially paid out in increments of around about 1.5m when, and at a point the club had already failed to meet its specified targets (including initial repayments), some numpty at NBC decided to pay out a lump sum of over 4million. Negligence or something else; you decide?

ETA: Red flags should have been going up as soon as the club started transferring massive sums over to First Land.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:01:15 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #25167 on: July 19, 2019, 11:32:23 am »

Grange's points are accurate. Though, just to add, the money was initially paid out in increments of around about 1.5m when, and at a point the club had already failed to meet its specified targets (including initial repayments), some numpty at NBC decided to pay out a lump sum of over 4million. Negligence or something else; you decide?

ETA: Red flags should have been going up as soon as the club started transferring massive sums over to First Land.
Red flags should have been raised as soon as First Land got involved, why did NTFC need another company between them and Buckinghams ? Buckinghams had built quite a few stands and I'm 100% sure that they could have done everything that was needed to complete that stand without First Land. When you think about why were First Land bought in,  there is only one answer and that is to take money out of the pot, allegedly  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25168 on: July 19, 2019, 11:33:08 am »

Sorry but you can't blame the council.

You absolutely can. And in fact you should.

Let's for one minute get away from the ideas that surround ownership. This should never have been an unconditional gift from the council. No matter what money they put into the infrastructure of Sixfields stadium, the council would be the ultimate beneficiary. They own it. As the landlords they should have been involved in every aspect of the demolition, design and construction of the East Stand. In fact, you should totally argue that none of the finances even needed to pass through the hands of the Cardozas or any company set up to manage the construction money. If I was funding the upgrade of a leased facility that I owned, I can't imagine why I would be handing over millions of pounds to the Tenant. I would agree staged payments to the main contractor. It was absolutely appropriate for the Cardozas to be involved in the design, because whatever was built needs to generate operating income and hopefully some profit. But why that ever ended up as large amounts of money being put their way I'm not sure. Prior to the money being given to the Cardozas, I sent numerous emails to the council and to David Mackintosh (which have been seen by others on here) asking who was presiding over the release of the money, and pleading with them not to release it to them. Mackintosh totally dismissed any notion that the money could go missing, as did the council.

All of that is water under the bridge. We have to move on from that. I totally appreciate the Trusts involvement and think that they are doing their level best to look at alternatives to the current impasse. But I doubt if even they are investing a lot of trust into the council at the moment. I still think that we are where we were from the day KT come in. And where I have always thought it would be. I think KT/DB will acquire what they want. Then we will be totally at the mercy of their intent. I'm going to sit firmly on the fence in terms of how that will go for the club...

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:39:41 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25169 on: July 19, 2019, 11:35:50 am »

Red flags should have been raised as soon as First Land got involved, why did NTFC need another company between them and Buckinghams ? Buckinghams had built quite a few stands and I'm 100% sure that they could have done everything that was needed to complete that stand without First Land. When you think about why were First Land bought in,  there is only one answer and that is to take money out of the pot, allegedly  Shocked

Blood hell mate... Just as I was writing the same.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:38:51 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #25170 on: July 19, 2019, 11:54:17 am »

Thought KT might have provided his usual non committal update by now in response to the latest Trust statement...

I guess it's stalemate all round for the foreseeable, unless the Trust know something we don't  Undecided

Still, what's happened to our "Muzzy" puts football into perspective after the year or so he's had...

Thoughts to all his friends and family after the passing of his mother, not long after his father also passed...

Stay strong Muzzy!

Who is Muzzy - apologies that I do not know immediately.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #25171 on: July 19, 2019, 12:56:58 pm »

Who is Muzzy - apologies that I do not know immediately.

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/mustafa_receives_award/
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25172 on: July 19, 2019, 14:37:17 pm »

Let's for one minute get away from the ideas that surround ownership. This should never have been an unconditional gift from the council. No matter what money they put into the infrastructure of Sixfields stadium, the council would be the ultimate beneficiary. They own it. As the landlords they should have been involved in every aspect of the demolition, design and construction of the East Stand. In fact, you should totally argue that none of the finances even needed to pass through the hands of the Cardozas or any company set up to manage the construction money. If I was funding the upgrade of a leased facility that I owned, I can't imagine why I would be handing over millions of pounds to the Tenant. I would agree staged payments to the main contractor. It was absolutely appropriate for the Cardozas to be involved in the design, because whatever was built needs to generate operating income and hopefully some profit. But why that ever ended up as large amounts of money being put their way I'm not sure. Prior to the money being given to the Cardozas, I sent numerous emails to the council and to David Mackintosh (which have been seen by others on here) asking who was presiding over the release of the money, and pleading with them not to release it to them. Mackintosh totally dismissed any notion that the money could go missing, as did the council.

All of that is water under the bridge. We have to move on from that. I totally appreciate the Trusts involvement and think that they are doing their level best to look at alternatives to the current impasse. But I doubt if even they are investing a lot of trust into the council at the moment. I still think that we are where we were from the day KT come in. And where I have always thought it would be. I think KT/DB will acquire what they want. Then we will be totally at the mercy of their intent. I'm going to sit firmly on the fence in terms of how that will go for the club...

It was so incompetent and in contradiction to standard procedure I am sure there may be some speculation that it was somehow intentional? Not that I believe that personally and wish to prejudice any ongoing investigation of course?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25173 on: July 19, 2019, 17:02:58 pm »

A day or two of sensible comments which is good.  I may be bit closer to this vexed issue than most but let me just add so that no one can be any doubt:

- there is nothing preventing KT/DB completing the East Stand other than the will to do that. 

- there is nothing preventing KT/DB (CDNL in this context) signing the Deed of Surrender presented by NBC to CDNL in June 2018 and this would remove once and for all any legal questions as to which of NTFC or CDNL owns that stretch of land from the back of the East Stand to the middle of the athletics track area.

The fact that on both counts our owners have done nothing should tell supporters all they need to know.  So, as Tel rightly says, what the hell are supporters going to do about it? The Trust is doing what it can but rather than ill considered and inaccurate comments from some about the Trust alienating KT (could it be the other way round?) react and let your voices be heard.

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25174 on: July 19, 2019, 17:34:16 pm »

A day or two of sensible comments which is good.  I may be bit closer to this vexed issue than most but let me just add so that no one can be any doubt:
- there is nothing preventing KT/DB completing the East Stand other than the will to do that. 
- there is nothing preventing KT/DB (CDNL in this context) signing the Deed of Surrender presented by NBC to CDNL in June 2018 and this would remove once and for all any legal questions as to which of NTFC or CDNL owns that stretch of land from the back of the East Stand to the middle of the athletics track area.
The fact that on both counts our owners have done nothing should tell supporters all they need to know.  So, as Tel rightly says, what the hell are supporters going to do about it? The Trust is doing what it can but rather than ill considered and inaccurate comments from some about the Trust alienating KT (could it be the other way round?) react and let your voices be heard.
Could the Trust not help in organising this?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25175 on: July 19, 2019, 17:39:12 pm »

The Trust's most recent statement is clear.  Next Thursday it is holding an Open Forum to which all are invited so I suggest you come along and make your views known.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25176 on: July 19, 2019, 17:48:35 pm »

The Trust's most recent statement is clear.  Next Thursday it is holding an Open Forum to which all are invited so I suggest you come along and make your views known.

Work dictates I am in North Devon on Thursday, so no way of making it back I'm afraid.

Many people won't be able to make it I would suspect, either through work or not living locally etc.

Hopefully something is decided and the Trust relays it back to all of the fans and we can get behind it.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25177 on: July 19, 2019, 17:53:10 pm »

May I suggest that rather than ask what the Trust is doing consider what you can do for the Trust whatever your work and other commitments may be. 

All the Trust directors have job and family commitments as well.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25178 on: July 19, 2019, 21:53:20 pm »

I don't have any problem with the idea of a project management company per se; although as major stakeholders I would have expected NBC to thoroughly vet First Land's credentials: and this should have been enough to sound alarm bells, as it was for a number of us naysayers on here.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25179 on: July 19, 2019, 21:56:30 pm »

Pretty much nail on head.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: