The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:05:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819404 times)
E-Cobbler, Coolcat, West Stand and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #25320 on: August 01, 2019, 20:05:07 pm »

You are missing the central issue and that is what you posted and subsequently edited has nothing whatsoever to do with NTFC, the Trust or about the subject matter of this thread.  It was unwarranted, unnecessary and plainly spiteful on a personal level.  The same comment applies to French Cobbler, who started this with his initial post about Insider. 

Insider is an active Trust director who spends a great deal of  time on Trust matters which in turn is endeavouring to protect the interests of NTFC and its supporters.  I would single him out for high praise in his unstinting work for the Trust.  But the Trust is not about individual directors and about whether or not you like an individual.  It is not a popularity contest. It is a democratic organisation and anyone who doesn’t like the way it is run can become a member, have his or her say and be nominated to be voted in as a director.

Now, let's get back to the redevelopment topic.

That is ridiculous is it? 
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25321 on: August 01, 2019, 20:30:25 pm »

Barton, the point still stands, one person hasn't given a reason, but another person has. If these allegations are true, would you still want to serve on the Trust along that person ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #25322 on: August 01, 2019, 21:06:43 pm »

Barton, the point still stands, one person hasn't given a reason, but another person has. If these allegations are true, would you still want to serve on the Trust along that person ?

I think this is going a bit far. The guy made a crass comment that I didn't care for and it coloured my personal view of him (actually, there were a couple I can recall, I just cited the one that stuck with me the most). That was the beginning and the end of my point. He just strikes me as a little lacking in empathy, tact and diplomacy but it's not like he's done anything criminal and I certainly wasn't gunning for him to be removed from the trust board or anything.

I don't consider him an appropriate person to be involved in the running of a family football club either but that's a) merely my personal opinion and b) so far removed from anything that's likely to happen in the foreseeable future as to be unworthy of further debate.

Shall we all leave it there now?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #25323 on: August 01, 2019, 21:12:58 pm »

I'd shuu it away or put bottles on sticks so the noise scares them away.
Only a thick person would post something so stupid on a public group, maybe he had just had a few beers or something.
Nailed it mate. Bottles on sticks certainly scares those cats away.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #25324 on: August 01, 2019, 21:37:15 pm »

Lion's poop. That's what is supposed to be the ultimate deterrent.

So does that finally box off the last few pages of unsavouries?

I'd rather be reading loads more opinion about Saturday and thereafter, than this.

UTC
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #25325 on: August 01, 2019, 21:41:12 pm »

Flippin cat mauled a Blackbird (hen) in my garden yesterday am - not sure if the owner deserves any sympathy for a cat out on the prowl that mauls a likeable bird. Notice that there has been some discussion on Simon; he is a decent enough bloke in my opinion. I think that at first glance BoN comments seem inadvisable to discuss on a Football Forum. Why not report the incident to the RSPCA or the Daily Mirror.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25326 on: August 01, 2019, 21:46:36 pm »

Blimey, this cat gate incident has caused a right hoo ha? I have to say I am genuinely a bit confused at all the hullabaloo. If someone has repeated something that has been written publicly by someone involved in the trust why is that such a problem? Given the trust are looking to instigate change at the club then surely it’s understood the traits of any individual that may be in a position of influence could be questioned? If it’s not, it should be and it would be naive to think otherwise. I would have assumed it’s self evident that once you have an element of control over something people feel passionate about you are going to get scrutinised. Secondly if this chap has written something publicly then he obviously doesn’t give a toss who knows it, so why the need to defend him? The question is did he actually write what has been said and is he in a position of influence in the trust? If yes and yes imo no problem and what’s the fuss, if no and no then it’s out of order. I’m not having a go but it all smacks of double standards to me. Players, staff at the club and umpteen people not actively involved on this forum routinely get a kicking on here, but god forbid something gets said about someone involved with the trust (if indeed he is), really, come on? The issue I have is if all this infighting and drama kicks off over some blokes comments about a dead cat on Facebook any fan collective is possibly going to struggle to achieve anything of significance? Not that I don’t have a degree of sympathy for the cat or anything. FFS.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25327 on: August 01, 2019, 21:56:41 pm »

That is ridiculous is it? 

In the sense that you choose to cite the work that Kev has done for the Trust as some sort of shield of immunity from what a lot of us endure. You might want to look back on this forum and check some comments he made about the Trust and it’s members in the past before he was part of it.... But I suppose you'dvtell me why that was different or ok though Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I would hope considering Kev's preference for frank and sometimes colourful debate on here and in person, that he would be a bit embarrassed by the amount of attention a couple of you have brought to a nothing debate, that wouldn’t have hardly registered a murmur without you and Roger..

I think it’s fair to say it’s time for some growing up and getting over yourselves... Pathetic. Anything to have a dig at this board or the club. Anything 🙄
Report Spam   Logged
guest3293

« Reply #25328 on: August 01, 2019, 22:10:04 pm »

RE : KS. I don't trust him.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #25329 on: August 01, 2019, 23:00:54 pm »

RE : KS. I don't trust him.
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #25330 on: August 01, 2019, 23:05:27 pm »

You absolutely have to know that you and Vintage have behaved ridiculously over what it probably one of the most throw away remarks made on here. Come on Rog. Be honest..  Grin Grin
Nigel I have no problem with people saying what they think but, if they haven't read all the posts on the subject,
  then state things as facts, I reserve my right to correct them.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25331 on: August 02, 2019, 07:09:16 am »

I posted yesterday morning let’s get back to topic and you agreed.  But for your own perverse reasons less than 24 hours later you chose to criticise Barton and myself with the comment:

“I think it’s fair to say it’s time for some growing up and getting over yourselves... Pathetic. Anything to have a dig at this board or the club. Anything 🙄”

Your problem is that you constantly face both ways.  Ambivalence is your middle name.

Let’s be clear on one thing and that is your latest cheap swipe at Barton and myself namely, ’Pathetic. Anything to have a dig at this board or the club.”  I would hazard a guess that Roger and I have an aggregate of over 100 years of supporting the club through thick and thin and there has been a lot more of the latter.  In my case I was a season ticket holder at the County Ground and have been every season since Sixfields opened.  Roger is a mainstay of the Trust and has worked hard over many years as a Trust director.  All this work by him and more recently by me is to try to safeguard the club and its long term sustainability.  So, don’t take pot shots when you don’t know what you are talking about.  To give you an example of this - you jumped on the bandwagon the other day alleging in 2015 that someone from the Trust had signed over NTFC land to CDNL. I quickly demonstrated that this was simply not the case and that you were clearly wrong. 

I do not have any digs at the club I support.  Fortunately, the club is a lot more than the whoever owns the club at a particular point in time.  However, I do have significant criticism of the current owners and the previous owners.  In the case of the Cardozas it was not after the event criticism.  By the way and digressing  slightly, Insider was one of the first, if not the first, to call out the Cardozas when many regulars on this board were silent, no doubt embarrassed by their “good old Big Dave” postings.  My criticism is, as I say, of the DB/KT regime and with very good reasons as is all set out on this thread, including the still unexplained 5USport situation which has resulted in the club being burdened with £5 million of debt largely owing to an opaque offshore tax haven company and, yes, an unfinished East Stand.  In KT we trust, indeed.  I don’t think there are too many “‘Good old Kelvin” postings to be found but he has his sycophants for sure.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #25332 on: August 02, 2019, 07:46:36 am »

People have started talking on here about Rog and Kev and Nigel? Who the he ll are they?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25333 on: August 02, 2019, 08:02:25 am »

Barton, Insider (who does not post on this board and hasn't for a long time) and TFAMH.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #25334 on: August 02, 2019, 08:07:28 am »

People have started talking on here about Rog and Kev and Nigel? Who the he ll are they?

The Three Musketeers  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25335 on: August 02, 2019, 08:58:29 am »

3 thoroughly decent old boys.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25336 on: August 02, 2019, 09:45:11 am »

I posted yesterday morning let’s get back to topic and you agreed.  But for your own perverse reasons less than 24 hours later you chose to criticise Barton and myself with the comment:

“I think it’s fair to say it’s time for some growing up and getting over yourselves... Pathetic. Anything to have a dig at this board or the club. Anything 🙄”

Your problem is that you constantly face both ways.  Ambivalence is your middle name.

Let’s be clear on one thing and that is your latest cheap swipe at Barton and myself namely, ’Pathetic. Anything to have a dig at this board or the club.”  I would hazard a guess that Roger and I have an aggregate of over 100 years of supporting the club through thick and thin and there has been a lot more of the latter.  In my case I was a season ticket holder at the County Ground and have been every season since Sixfields opened.  Roger is a mainstay of the Trust and has worked hard over many years as a Trust director.  All this work by him and more recently by me is to try to safeguard the club and its long term sustainability.  So, don’t take pot shots when you don’t know what you are talking about.  To give you an example of this - you jumped on the bandwagon the other day alleging in 2015 that someone from the Trust had signed over NTFC land to CDNL. I quickly demonstrated that this was simply not the case and that you were clearly wrong. 

I do not have any digs at the club I support.  Fortunately, the club is a lot more than the whoever owns the club at a particular point in time.  However, I do have significant criticism of the current owners and the previous owners.  In the case of the Cardozas it was not after the event criticism.  By the way and digressing  slightly, Insider was one of the first, if not the first, to call out the Cardozas when many regulars on this board were silent, no doubt embarrassed by their “good old Big Dave” postings.  My criticism is, as I say, of the DB/KT regime and with very good reasons as is all set out on this thread, including the still unexplained 5USport situation which has resulted in the club being burdened with £5 million of debt largely owing to an opaque offshore tax haven company and, yes, an unfinished East Stand.  In KT we trust, indeed.  I don’t think there are too many “‘Good old Kelvin” postings to be found but he has his sycophants for sure.

I have no idea why once again you have found it necessary to mount a major defence. As far as I am concerned yours and Rogers slant on this is ridiculous and totally out of proportion. I just don't understand why you feel the need to release a promotional statement every time somebody disagrees with you. Can't you just accept that people might not agree with what you say. I'm sorry, I don't think this issue is that big of a deal.

If it makes you feel better, you was right about the 2015 document.. But I clearly stated I wasn't sure and said it could have been about the loan. If you think that makes it any better for the Trust, then fair play to you.

I can't do any more than I have. I have offered to chat with Roger and Kev and try to clear this up.. But I will not allow you or the Trust insist on censorship of others opinions. Particularly not when you all freely express your own...  
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #25337 on: August 02, 2019, 12:08:29 pm »

Gentlemen please can we put an end to this now.
BTW I fcuking hate cats   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3264

« Reply #25338 on: August 02, 2019, 12:11:35 pm »

Have you ALL finished now?

Can we get back to getting KT to complete decent facilities, so Cobblers fans can support our team at Sixfields
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25339 on: August 02, 2019, 12:15:42 pm »

Nuff said   Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: