The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:58:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821333 times)
CobblerForever

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #25580 on: September 20, 2019, 17:24:23 pm »

This whole thread has taken a surreal twist for me. Truth be told despite being described as a so called “expert” I don’t understand our own accounts that well. That’s why I employ 2 firms of accountants, one in Northampton, one in Sydney (a bit like the Trotter brothers, London, Paris, Peckham) Following Forevers revelation regarding his misfortune I am absolutely convinced he is my accountant? Thats not you AR is it? I’ve been frantically checking my emails and can’t find a pound sign anywhere? If it is, you need to change your keyboard back to UK dopey.

Your Financial Statements will be prepared on the basis of providing the minimum information subject to the law and applicable accounting standards unless you have asked specifically for additional information to be provided.

Your Tax computations should be reconcilable to these financial statements so that the tax authorities can accept them. Your Tax Inspector will expect to see this as part of your computations.

I would want my accountant to provide me with a reconciliation between my management accounts and my annual financial statements. Usually (and as a minimum) this would include a reconciliation between your profit per your management accounts and the profit per your financial statements.

I'm sure you know this though.

I'm not AR.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #25581 on: September 20, 2019, 19:18:13 pm »

I fully believe our club will one day soon become a competent challenging L1 outfit with real Championship ambition,  obviously it would require the present owners to sell,  but I dont buy into Melbourne or Drillings belief that you have to start with £30m to lump at it.
A decade of steady year on year growth that's well planned, structured, involving everyone and everything at hand, would prove to be far more long term beneficial than a consortium or rich individual lumping 30 large at his new plaything.

…… "OR HER" new plaything.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #25582 on: September 20, 2019, 20:24:08 pm »

Or, following the obvious inferences, our joyful bitch!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25583 on: September 20, 2019, 20:57:49 pm »

I fully believe our club will one day soon become a competent challenging L1 outfit with real Championship ambition,  obviously it would require the present owners to sell,  but I dont buy into Melbourne or Drillings belief that you have to start with £30m to lump at it.
A decade of steady year on year growth that's well planned, structured, involving everyone and everything at hand, would prove to be far more long term beneficial than a consortium or rich individual lumping 30 large at his new plaything.

FFS you really are hopeless with figures aren’t you, at no point have I said 30 million. The actual figure was 15 million minimum. Anyway, you were the one who asked for the comparison with Luton. According to the submitted accounts they have been pledged 18 million in share capital. Since you’re local you’d be better placed popping round and finding out how they managed that than arguing with me?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25584 on: September 20, 2019, 21:01:45 pm »

Your Financial Statements will be prepared on the basis of providing the minimum information subject to the law and applicable accounting standards unless you have asked specifically for additional information to be provided.

Your Tax computations should be reconcilable to these financial statements so that the tax authorities can accept them. Your Tax Inspector will expect to see this as part of your computations.

I would want my accountant to provide me with a reconciliation between my management accounts and my annual financial statements. Usually (and as a minimum) this would include a reconciliation between your profit per your management accounts and the profit per your financial statements.

I'm sure you know this though.

I'm not AR.
Now I am disappointed, mind you I should have guessed, you sound like you know what you are doing.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25585 on: September 20, 2019, 23:35:50 pm »

FFS you really are hopeless with figures aren’t you, at no point have I said 30 million. The actual figure was 15 million minimum. Anyway, you were the one who asked for the comparison with Luton. According to the submitted accounts they have been pledged 18 million in share capital. Since you’re local you’d be better placed popping round and finding out how they managed that than arguing with me?
I drive through power court every day and I'm familiar with the site at J10.
I've spoke with the directors and the chairman of Luton town and know the plans of their 20/20 consortium... Its you who is useless with figures believing Thomas's stealth dealings are ever going to be beneficial to our club.
Give over Melbourne, you're blowing it out your japs eye.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25586 on: September 21, 2019, 02:54:40 am »

I drive through power court every day and I'm familiar with the site at J10.
I've spoke with the directors and the chairman of Luton town and know the plans of their 20/20 consortium... Its you who is useless with figures believing Thomas's stealth dealings are ever going to be beneficial to our club.
Give over Melbourne, you're blowing it out your japs eye.

once again the lines of communication appear to have broken down? I don’t believe KTs dealings are going to be beneficial for the club. Don’t shoot the messenger, you asked for a comparison between various clubs and NTFC as an example of targets to aspire to? I gave you the comparison and because the financial returns reveal that once again you’ve made a right cnnt of yourself you end up stamping your feet and throwing insults. Do something constructive for a change and ask your mates how they went about raising a share capital of 18 million and how they intend on repaying the investment? You never know it may prove more useful than sitting on a hill whimpering whilst trying to dry your eyes?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 03:04:15 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #25587 on: September 21, 2019, 06:33:00 am »

Why do I keep looking at this thread when its just total b*ll*cks? Its the hope that someone might post something sensible, useful or newsworthy. I am still waiting.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25588 on: September 21, 2019, 07:43:54 am »

We are 2 months away from the 4th anniversary of DB/KT acquiring NTFC on the basis of a clear understanding with NBC that the East Stand would be finished, in return for which NBC forgave the club £10.25m of indebtedness and so saved NTFC from liquidation.  It was a bit more complicated than that but that is the essence of it.  For the past 4 years our owners have been finding reasons not to do what in 2015 they said they would do and they show no sign of honouring their commitment.

Whilst some can come on here and, if not intentionally, nevertheless provide some cover for KT in putting forward that there is no business case for completing the East Stand I would say that if that is so now it was also the situation when our owners took over NTFC in 2015.  They are supposedly seasoned businessmen and came into the ownership with no lack of knowledge.  They have let us down and continue to do so.  If that is alright with supporters I despair.  I can understand supporters being so hacked off with the endless situation that they would rather not bother at all.  Indifference and silence is exactly what our owners want as they progress their hidden plans for substantial personal profits from land that was never part of the original situation.  If supporters think our owners are acting in the "best interests" of the club let them demonstrate it.  The past 4 years has been shrouded in secrecy and obfuscation.  Ask yourselves the reason why. 

As I tried to show yesterday in providing some alarming figures from the performance of clubs’ across the EFL the football industry is a basket case economically.  I don’t endorse it and I for one advocates fundamental change but as the system stands clubs right across the football patch rely on the willingness of owners to invest significant amounts in the clubs they own to keep them alive and hopefully move their club forwards.  Therefore, with such reliance on owners there is an understandable tendency of the part of supporters of not being conspicuously critical or confrontational with owners, including bad ones, for fear of the owners’ toys coming out of the ‘pram and them walking away only for another unsatisfactory owner to arrive on the scene as a another white knight often full of wind.  Unless absolutely necessary and a financial crisis breaks out it is much easier for supporters to focus on what happens on the pitch and not stray outside the comfort zone.  That is where we are at Northampton. 

Not for the first time I would say wake up and smell the coffee.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25589 on: September 21, 2019, 08:05:23 am »

We are 2 months away from the 4th anniversary of DB/KT acquiring NTFC on the basis of a clear understanding with NBC that the East Stand would be finished, in return for which NBC forgave the club £10.25m of indebtedness and so saved NTFC from liquidation.  It was a bit more complicated than that but that is the essence of it.  For the past 4 years our owners have been finding reasons not to do what in 2015 they said they would do and they show no sign of honouring their commitment.

Whilst some can come on here and, if not intentionally, nevertheless provide some cover for KT in putting forward that there is no business case for completing the East Stand I would say that if that is so now it was also the situation when our owners took over NTFC in 2015.  They are supposedly seasoned businessmen and came into the ownership with no lack of knowledge.  They have let us down and continue to do so.  If that is alright with supporters I despair.  I can understand supporters being so hacked off with the endless situation that they would rather not bother at all.  Indifference and silence is exactly what our owners want as they progress their hidden plans for substantial personal profits from land that was never part of the original situation.  If supporters think our owners are acting in the "best interests" of the club let them demonstrate it.  The past 4 years has been shrouded in secrecy and obfuscation.  Ask yourselves the reason why. 

As I tried to show yesterday in providing some alarming figures from the performance of clubs’ across the EFL the football industry is a basket case economically.  I don’t endorse it and I for one advocates fundamental change but as the system stands clubs right across the football patch rely on the willingness of owners to invest significant amounts in the clubs they own to keep them alive and hopefully move their club forwards.  Therefore, with such reliance on owners there is an understandable tendency of the part of supporters of not being conspicuously critical or confrontational with owners, including bad ones, for fear of the owners’ toys coming out of the ‘pram and them walking away only for another unsatisfactory owner to arrive on the scene as a another white knight often full of wind.  Unless absolutely necessary and a financial crisis breaks out it is much easier for supporters to focus on what happens on the pitch and not stray outside the comfort zone.  That is where we are at Northampton. 

TBH I would agree with that VC. I know I am guilty of yanking Beds chain a bit but I think this comes from a bit of frustration as well? Clearly the club has to move forward but from which ever angle you look at it there doesn’t seem to be a viable option? TBF when Beds came up with his comparative list I had a bit of a quick look and was a bit surprised myself that it was the same old story. Clubs that are supposed to be progressive are cloaked in a thin veneer and beneath it is the same old worrying financial position. It’s a bit chicken and egg I know but this can’t and won’t continue for ever. Left unchecked more and more clubs will start falling into the abyss, this is not scaremongering it’s a fact. Like those pyramid selling schemes that end with no one left to sell to, left unchecked eventually these clubs living beyond their means will reach the end of the financial road. That’s ok if it’s the owners money, more fool them. However, if it’s underwritten debt then these clubs will be in trouble. What do you do, do you try and follow and live the dream, or do you follow the path of abstinence and go to bed early while everyone else parties? I get it, I really do but just because it’s attractive it doesn’t make it either sustainable or right. So what is it to be, languish in league 2 whilst the other clubs shoot for the stars, or follow them and perhaps follow Bury into the abyss? That’s the choice and that’s why we are all arguing, trying to live the dream or avoid the nightmare?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 08:07:42 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25590 on: September 21, 2019, 08:12:58 am »

The choice Melbourne may be the way I am suggesting.  It is not panacea for all the problems facing us and the road ahead would definitively have serious challenges.

The saying goes that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  This is where we are in the world of English football club ownership with the current business model and, as regards ownership, specifically so at NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25591 on: September 21, 2019, 08:43:39 am »

The choice Melbourne may be the way I am suggesting.  It is not panacea for all the problems facing us and the road ahead would definitively have serious challenges.

The saying goes that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  This is where we are in the world of English football club ownership with the current business model and, as regards ownership, specifically so at NTFC.
Also true, my own failing in this debate is not that I have a love affair with our chairman, it’s that I have lots and lots of objections but absolutely no answers.
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #25592 on: September 21, 2019, 10:55:11 am »

A good start for this would be a wage cap and a tranfer fee cap based on the division in which you are playing, the outragious salaries of some players is a nail in the coffin for many clubs.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25593 on: September 21, 2019, 16:26:21 pm »

Also true, my own failing in this debate is not that I have a love affair with our chairman, it’s that I have lots and lots of objections but absolutely no answers.
So objecting  vehemently to something you dont understand?
Don't worry me old duck, keep watching this space and eventually the great big penny will drop Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25594 on: September 21, 2019, 19:47:22 pm »

I reckon there’s a fair chance Beds may have been born to French parents?

Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25595 on: September 22, 2019, 08:43:12 am »

This thread totally sums up the issue. Everyone has an opinion, but nobody has anything more than that to offer.

Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, on here, Kingsley Park WMC, it’s all blah blah blah..
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #25596 on: September 22, 2019, 08:46:23 am »

Don't worry me old duck, keep watching this space and eventually the great big penny will drop Kiss

A tad patronising

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25597 on: September 22, 2019, 12:18:01 pm »

This thread totally sums up the issue. Everyone has an opinion, but nobody has anything more than that to offer.

Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, on here, Kingsley Park WMC, it’s all blah blah blah..
I don’t know quite how to break this to you Tel, you had better sit down. The entire forum is about opinion and no one is offering more than that in any thread as far as I can tell Tel?
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25598 on: September 22, 2019, 15:40:37 pm »

I don’t know quite how to break this to you Tel, you had better sit down. The entire forum is about opinion and no one is offering more than that in any thread as far as I can tell Tel?

Absolutely... I like most of them. This thread is very very boring though. I’ve done nothing to help that though  Grin But I have done as much as anyone else about the redev issue.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #25599 on: September 23, 2019, 18:50:12 pm »

One day the penny will drop for you that you haven't got a clue about running a football club. Just go sit on the hill and make your pathetic gesture.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: