The Hotel End
November 14, 2019, 22:23:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 [1297] 1298   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1014602 times)
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #25920 on: November 08, 2019, 20:55:39 pm »

And you can be sure continued digging until your mateThomas does either what he suggested he would or gets gone...

Why do you call him my mate? Please show me where I give my undying support to the current regime. Oh you can't becasue as usual you pluck things out of your árse, you truly are a complete knóbhead.
Report Spam   Logged
SadOldGit

View Profile
« Reply #25921 on: November 08, 2019, 21:34:38 pm »

Why do you call him my mate? Please show me where I give my undying support to the current regime. Oh you can't becasue as usual you pluck things out of your árse, you truly are a complete knóbhead.

Acute what?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #25922 on: November 08, 2019, 21:36:49 pm »

Acute what?

The acute allows you to get certain words past the message board nazis and snowflakes.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 22:07:58 pm by singcobb » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25923 on: November 08, 2019, 22:30:27 pm »

So why do accept his complete disregard for our football club with his constant belittling and your acceptance of Thomas's failure to build up the infrastructure of our club..
Do you have a selfie with him?
Are you easily convinced?
My guess is both...
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #25924 on: November 08, 2019, 23:15:54 pm »

So why do accept his complete disregard for our football club with his constant belittling and your acceptance of Thomas's failure to build up the infrastructure of our club..
My guess is both...

OK díckhead, where do I say that I accept any of the bullshít terms you come out with about Thomas? If you had a brain you would be dangerous. You really are a complete and utter fúckwit my friend.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerwatch

View Profile
« Reply #25925 on: November 09, 2019, 13:45:50 pm »

Beds - seriously why don’t you take a rest or at least accept that W hilst most every supporter wants better for the club many are not quite so ready to cast the blame totally at KT’s door - can you not understand he has kept the club running during his tenure? - and for every club at our level that’s had the investment we would all like there is also one that has failed completely either due to no investment or unwise/crooked investment - it’s not settling for mediocrity it’s accepting what you can actually change. I always smile with your comments on KT belittling our club - you may well disagree when he uses terms like “currently adequate” to describe sixfields but most would consider comments like “pathetic non league ground” as somewhat more belittling - the here and now is the only reality and even realistic dreams are still only dreams unless you can offer more than words to achieve them.

We know your feelings and accept your passion but at least have the grace to accept those with different opinions and don’t cast them as friend’s of KT, sheep or individuals who don’t care about our club.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 13:48:09 pm by cobblerwatch » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25926 on: November 09, 2019, 17:57:23 pm »

My guess is both...

As I have said numerous times me old mucker... We've done as much as anybody else about the situation. INCLUDING YOU  Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25927 on: November 09, 2019, 21:31:48 pm »

As I have said numerous times me old mucker... We've done as much as anybody else about the situation. INCLUDING YOU  Grin Grin

At least we agree on this one, Thomas is a **** taker. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25928 on: November 09, 2019, 21:36:54 pm »

Beds - seriously why don’t you take a rest or at least accept that W hilst most every supporter wants better for the club many are not quite so ready to cast the blame totally at KT’s door - can you not understand he has kept the club running during his tenure? - and for every club at our level that’s had the investment we would all like there is also one that has failed completely either due to no investment or unwise/crooked investment - it’s not settling for mediocrity it’s accepting what you can actually change. I always smile with your comments on KT belittling our club - you may well disagree when he uses terms like “currently adequate” to describe sixfields but most would consider comments like “pathetic non league ground” as somewhat more belittling - the here and now is the only reality and even realistic dreams are still only dreams unless you can offer more than words to achieve them.

We know your feelings and accept your passion but at least have the grace to accept those with different opinions and don’t cast them as friend’s of KT, sheep or individuals who don’t care about our club.
I'm not stepping foot inside Sixfields whilst that belittling ass hole pretends hes about the football club and not what he really is here for...Land grabbing asset striping . I can not recognise his bastardised version of the football club representing the town of Northampton...
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #25929 on: November 09, 2019, 21:37:30 pm »

One day sometime soon the Cobblers fans will accept the fact that last season this group of players proved themselves to be useless. All of them. The more that leave the better. Yes maybe some are better than others but they quite simply proved themselves to be spineless. Even the so-called 'stars'. I don't care who leaves. Who arrives is more important. Unfortunately I don't think much will happen in January. We have a chairman who can't wait to extricate himself and who in their right minds would want this hapless bunch of ne'er do wells? The worst squad I have known since supporting this club in the 60's. Nineteen 60's that is.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Suffer fools gladly

View Profile
« Reply #25930 on: November 09, 2019, 21:44:58 pm »

One day sometime soon .......................................................... Nineteen 60's that is.

Welcome new boy Wink  You going tomorrow?
Report Spam   Logged

Don't mistake activity for achievement
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #25931 on: November 10, 2019, 00:37:34 am »

One day sometime soon the Cobblers fans will accept the fact that last season this group of players proved themselves to be useless. All of them. The more that leave the better. Yes maybe some are better than others but they quite simply proved themselves to be spineless. Even the so-called 'stars'. I don't care who leaves. Who arrives is more important. Unfortunately I don't think much will happen in January. We have a chairman who can't wait to extricate himself and who in their right minds would want this hapless bunch of ne'er do wells? The worst squad I have known since supporting this club in the 60's. Nineteen 60's that is.

I feel your frustration, but, this squad of players proved nothing last season because this squad didn't exist. Half of the current squad weren't here. Look where we are in the table, we've only finished higher than this in a handful of seasons since the 1960's. So for NTFC this is a very average squad of players.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25932 on: November 10, 2019, 10:56:56 am »

I see it’s open season once again for attacks on Beds.

Well let me remind you of this comment:

This is a football club that has the opportunity to expand with a new stadium
[/font]

You may think this quote comes from the Beds songbook but you would be wrong.  These are the words of our Chairman, Kelvin Thomas, reported on 26 November 2015.

Four years and 5 managers, 5USport and £5 million of debt later please answer the question, what progress has been made?   

I think you will find room enough on the back of a postage stamp for your answers.

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25933 on: November 10, 2019, 11:50:26 am »

Everbrite, don't question my loyalty to the club because you will end up with egg on your face.

I'll give you a hint - a season ticket holder every season since Sixfields opened and before that at the County Ground. Every home match is a round trip of 140 miles for me. So enjoy your day at Chippenham but let's stay on topic please

Report Spam   Logged
cobblerwatch

View Profile
« Reply #25934 on: November 10, 2019, 12:55:28 pm »

I see it’s open season once again for attacks on Beds.

Well let me remind you of this comment:

This is a football club that has the opportunity to expand with a new stadium
[/font]

You may think this quote comes from the Beds songbook but you would be wrong.  These are the words of our Chairman, Kelvin Thomas, reported on 26 November 2015.

Four years and 5 managers, 5USport and £5 million of debt later please answer the question, what progress has been made?   

I think you will find room enough on the back of a postage stamp for your answers.

It’s not open season on attacking Beds - at least not from my post. He posts, people reply and generally they agree with his and your point on lack of progress - we are all frustrated and want better for our club many however don’t lay the blame simply on one man or have a rather perverse sense of entitlement just because we are undoubtably punching below our weight for the size of the town etc

You are right to challenge Evers on questioning your loyalty to the club but equally some veiled suggestion by yourself and Random that those who don’t join the vitriol against KT are lesser supporters is also none sense - believe me my round trip to watch virtually all home games is considerably longer than yours........
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 13:53:03 pm by cobblerwatch » Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25935 on: November 10, 2019, 14:53:30 pm »

Cobblerwatch, your own comments to Beds were reasonable and balanced even if I don’t agree with the main thrust of them. But that is what this site should be about - exchanges of views rather than exchanges of insults.

I don’t blame one man, I blame 2 men, KT and DB.  You mention a perverse sense of entitlement because we are punching below our weight.  The fact that we are punching below our weight is in my view largely due to the poor infrastructure at our club.  That to my me is why the stadium issue is central.  It is not the only issue - I would add the lack of our own training facility and question how we are going to compete with the likes of our local rivals MK for talent when you consider the facilities being put in place there. 

Back to the blame game, NBC has made it clear, and supporters should understand this, that there is absolutely nothing holding up our owners completing the East Stand. That takes us back to 2015 and the grounds on which KT/DB were allowed by the Council to acquire NTFC. The understanding reached has not been honoured and there is no indication that it is likely to be honoured at any time soon. This despite the constant refrain from KT of “progress” and even “good progress”.  Such superficial comments from our Chairman are never backed up with any detail. Supporters are being treated with disdain.

The so-called progress, of course, refers to the wider development about which no information has been disclosed but everything points to our owners being unwilling to spend a penny on the East Stand without the certainty of development profits.  The goalposts have been moved very far from KT’s assertions in 2017-June 2018 that the only thing holding up the East Stand was the “boundary issue” behind the stand.  When NBC sorted that out KT/DB declined to sign the correcting legal document.  Here we are 18 months on from the Council’s decision and not a JCB on site.  That brings us back to Beds comments concerning the underlying motives of our owners.  But it is alright with many because KT pays the day to day bills (maybe supporters and EFL money play a part in this?) and we have a football team to watch. That is exactly what KT wants to hear. No hassle, no criticism and his plans can be progressed secretly and without questions from our supporter base.

Perhaps KT is planning to finance the East Stand from a FA Cup run.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25936 on: November 10, 2019, 15:03:49 pm »

I will say what I have said before, I agree with most of that. So what are you and/or Beds doing about it, aside from posting on here, which is just as useful as what the rest of us are doing?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25937 on: November 10, 2019, 15:09:03 pm »

I certainly dont feel under attack,  there's a difference of opinion as to what Thomas's tenure  actually brings to our club, but the vast majority all agree its nothing much of substance.
I have no doubt Keith will get this club promoted out of what is a very poor L2, but as tragically seen on several other occasions, the infrastructure at Sixfields doesn't sustain that level as the lost income from the several bigger games is crippling.
We can only hope for a Thomas and co exit, giving over the club to a more football based leadership as opposed to anymore outsider time wasting land grabbers.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25938 on: November 10, 2019, 15:21:48 pm »

I will say what I have said before, I agree with most of that. So what are you and/or Beds doing about it, aside from posting on here, which is just as useful as what the rest of us are doing?

In answer to your question assisting where I can and that is outside this forum.  I cannot say more than that.

Since you agree with most of what I am saying then you know and I know this site is read by the powers that be at Sixfields. Therefore, you and others should make your views clear in the certainty that those views are being read rather than constantly asking what others are doing. It is surprising that so many agree but are too timid to comment. As a direct consequence KT has had a very easy ride.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerwatch

View Profile
« Reply #25939 on: November 10, 2019, 16:27:16 pm »

............As a direct consequence KT has had a very easy ride.

Interesting point but surely if he is all the things you suggest about him (and again on some points I think most agree) he is not going to be at all perturbed about internet chatter or giving him a "difficult" ride.

The reality unfortunately he has us by the b@lls - the 5 million debt is irrelevant whilst he is owner but becomes much more significant if he bales out - it's back to the same circular argument of who is waiting in the wings, cares as I believe we all do about the club AND has the financial clout to move things forward in a sustained manner - I of course read with interest concepts of fan ownership but for me it fails on two fronts - firstly I simply do not see sufficient fans motivated to work together or in any way experienced enough (to much politics, egos and sadly apathy) - but more importantly a fans run club might lead to a happier atmosphere but unlikely to take us out of the bottom two divisions.

My hope is KT completes his land deals - has the decency to complete the East Stand, abiding by his commitment and then sells the club to an individual or consortium that cares as much as the fans, and at a favourable price that reflects any money he has made from non football business - one can only hope!   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 [1297] 1298   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: