The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:19:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819214 times)
BMON

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #25820 on: November 09, 2019, 20:37:30 pm »

One day sometime soon the Cobblers fans will accept the fact that last season this group of players proved themselves to be useless. All of them. The more that leave the better. Yes maybe some are better than others but they quite simply proved themselves to be spineless. Even the so-called 'stars'. I don't care who leaves. Who arrives is more important. Unfortunately I don't think much will happen in January. We have a chairman who can't wait to extricate himself and who in their right minds would want this hapless bunch of ne'er do wells? The worst squad I have known since supporting this club in the 60's. Nineteen 60's that is.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #25821 on: November 09, 2019, 20:44:58 pm »

One day sometime soon .......................................................... Nineteen 60's that is.

Welcome new boy Wink  You going tomorrow?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #25822 on: November 09, 2019, 23:37:34 pm »

One day sometime soon the Cobblers fans will accept the fact that last season this group of players proved themselves to be useless. All of them. The more that leave the better. Yes maybe some are better than others but they quite simply proved themselves to be spineless. Even the so-called 'stars'. I don't care who leaves. Who arrives is more important. Unfortunately I don't think much will happen in January. We have a chairman who can't wait to extricate himself and who in their right minds would want this hapless bunch of ne'er do wells? The worst squad I have known since supporting this club in the 60's. Nineteen 60's that is.

I feel your frustration, but, this squad of players proved nothing last season because this squad didn't exist. Half of the current squad weren't here. Look where we are in the table, we've only finished higher than this in a handful of seasons since the 1960's. So for NTFC this is a very average squad of players.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25823 on: November 10, 2019, 09:56:56 am »

I see it’s open season once again for attacks on Beds.

Well let me remind you of this comment:

This is a football club that has the opportunity to expand with a new stadium
[/font]

You may think this quote comes from the Beds songbook but you would be wrong.  These are the words of our Chairman, Kelvin Thomas, reported on 26 November 2015.

Four years and 5 managers, 5USport and £5 million of debt later please answer the question, what progress has been made?   

I think you will find room enough on the back of a postage stamp for your answers.

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25824 on: November 10, 2019, 10:50:26 am »

Everbrite, don't question my loyalty to the club because you will end up with egg on your face.

I'll give you a hint - a season ticket holder every season since Sixfields opened and before that at the County Ground. Every home match is a round trip of 140 miles for me. So enjoy your day at Chippenham but let's stay on topic please

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #25825 on: November 10, 2019, 11:55:28 am »

I see it’s open season once again for attacks on Beds.

Well let me remind you of this comment:

This is a football club that has the opportunity to expand with a new stadium
[/font]

You may think this quote comes from the Beds songbook but you would be wrong.  These are the words of our Chairman, Kelvin Thomas, reported on 26 November 2015.

Four years and 5 managers, 5USport and £5 million of debt later please answer the question, what progress has been made?   

I think you will find room enough on the back of a postage stamp for your answers.

It’s not open season on attacking Beds - at least not from my post. He posts, people reply and generally they agree with his and your point on lack of progress - we are all frustrated and want better for our club many however don’t lay the blame simply on one man or have a rather perverse sense of entitlement just because we are undoubtably punching below our weight for the size of the town etc

You are right to challenge Evers on questioning your loyalty to the club but equally some veiled suggestion by yourself and Random that those who don’t join the vitriol against KT are lesser supporters is also none sense - believe me my round trip to watch virtually all home games is considerably longer than yours........
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25826 on: November 10, 2019, 13:53:30 pm »

Cobblerwatch, your own comments to Beds were reasonable and balanced even if I don’t agree with the main thrust of them. But that is what this site should be about - exchanges of views rather than exchanges of insults.

I don’t blame one man, I blame 2 men, KT and DB.  You mention a perverse sense of entitlement because we are punching below our weight.  The fact that we are punching below our weight is in my view largely due to the poor infrastructure at our club.  That to my me is why the stadium issue is central.  It is not the only issue - I would add the lack of our own training facility and question how we are going to compete with the likes of our local rivals MK for talent when you consider the facilities being put in place there. 

Back to the blame game, NBC has made it clear, and supporters should understand this, that there is absolutely nothing holding up our owners completing the East Stand. That takes us back to 2015 and the grounds on which KT/DB were allowed by the Council to acquire NTFC. The understanding reached has not been honoured and there is no indication that it is likely to be honoured at any time soon. This despite the constant refrain from KT of “progress” and even “good progress”.  Such superficial comments from our Chairman are never backed up with any detail. Supporters are being treated with disdain.

The so-called progress, of course, refers to the wider development about which no information has been disclosed but everything points to our owners being unwilling to spend a penny on the East Stand without the certainty of development profits.  The goalposts have been moved very far from KT’s assertions in 2017-June 2018 that the only thing holding up the East Stand was the “boundary issue” behind the stand.  When NBC sorted that out KT/DB declined to sign the correcting legal document.  Here we are 18 months on from the Council’s decision and not a JCB on site.  That brings us back to Beds comments concerning the underlying motives of our owners.  But it is alright with many because KT pays the day to day bills (maybe supporters and EFL money play a part in this?) and we have a football team to watch. That is exactly what KT wants to hear. No hassle, no criticism and his plans can be progressed secretly and without questions from our supporter base.

Perhaps KT is planning to finance the East Stand from a FA Cup run.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25827 on: November 10, 2019, 14:03:49 pm »

I will say what I have said before, I agree with most of that. So what are you and/or Beds doing about it, aside from posting on here, which is just as useful as what the rest of us are doing?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25828 on: November 10, 2019, 14:09:03 pm »

I certainly dont feel under attack,  there's a difference of opinion as to what Thomas's tenure  actually brings to our club, but the vast majority all agree its nothing much of substance.
I have no doubt Keith will get this club promoted out of what is a very poor L2, but as tragically seen on several other occasions, the infrastructure at Sixfields doesn't sustain that level as the lost income from the several bigger games is crippling.
We can only hope for a Thomas and co exit, giving over the club to a more football based leadership as opposed to anymore outsider time wasting land grabbers.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25829 on: November 10, 2019, 14:21:48 pm »

I will say what I have said before, I agree with most of that. So what are you and/or Beds doing about it, aside from posting on here, which is just as useful as what the rest of us are doing?

In answer to your question assisting where I can and that is outside this forum.  I cannot say more than that.

Since you agree with most of what I am saying then you know and I know this site is read by the powers that be at Sixfields. Therefore, you and others should make your views clear in the certainty that those views are being read rather than constantly asking what others are doing. It is surprising that so many agree but are too timid to comment. As a direct consequence KT has had a very easy ride.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #25830 on: November 10, 2019, 15:27:16 pm »

............As a direct consequence KT has had a very easy ride.

Interesting point but surely if he is all the things you suggest about him (and again on some points I think most agree) he is not going to be at all perturbed about internet chatter or giving him a "difficult" ride.

The reality unfortunately he has us by the b@lls - the 5 million debt is irrelevant whilst he is owner but becomes much more significant if he bales out - it's back to the same circular argument of who is waiting in the wings, cares as I believe we all do about the club AND has the financial clout to move things forward in a sustained manner - I of course read with interest concepts of fan ownership but for me it fails on two fronts - firstly I simply do not see sufficient fans motivated to work together or in any way experienced enough (to much politics, egos and sadly apathy) - but more importantly a fans run club might lead to a happier atmosphere but unlikely to take us out of the bottom two divisions.

My hope is KT completes his land deals - has the decency to complete the East Stand, abiding by his commitment and then sells the club to an individual or consortium that cares as much as the fans, and at a favourable price that reflects any money he has made from non football business - one can only hope!   
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25831 on: November 10, 2019, 16:40:38 pm »

I agree Internet chatter is of limited impact but, as I said, it is read and noted at the club.  It would be much better if supporters spoke loudly with one voice on this issue but that is not going to happen unless a financial crisis breaks. Heaven forbid.   

There are any number of possible scenarios going forward.  We do not know the legal & financial terms on which KT/DB transferred their shares in CDNL to NTFC as has been reported by KT.  The information in the Q&A on 9 October was, as ever with KT, lacking in hard information.  The news that the shares had been transferred was almost a footnote to that NTFC Official Site article.  Make no mistake, this is all very deliberate, as is the absence of hard information.   This lack of information makes it hard to comment.  However, if the shares were transferred on terms that the sellers would have a share of a future onwards sale then consider the following possibility:

Following the grant of planning permission to CDNL by a willing NBC anxious to recoup the “missing millions” from the sale and development of what was community land NTFC under the control of DB/KT sells NTFC’s shares in CDNL to a major developer at a significant profit.  At that point CDNL and the wider development is permanently outside of NTFC’s ownership and control and proceeds unconnected with NTFC.  The sales proceeds are received by NTFC and in accordance with the “agreement” between DB/KT & NTFC (a tough negotiation I’m sure) made on the transfer to NTFC £5+ million of debt is repaid to Ventures and the BVI company owned by you know who plus a percentage of what is left after that.  As for the East Stand, over to a new owner if one surfaces.  All theoretical of course but not beyond the realms of possibility.

I hope you are right in what you say about KT doing the decent thing but unless and until our owners tell us what are their intentions then speculation and rumours will abound.  Their history of a lack of openness and transparency during their 4 years of ownership should be a warning to all, including the Council if that is it has any real interest beyond hollow words in the future sustainability and success of the town’s football club.  Both our owners and the Council have made a rod for their own backs but the danger is if we sit on our hands it will be too late.

On the comments you make about community ownership I think you have some misconceptions about how it would work but I will save that for another time.  I have written enough for now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #25832 on: November 10, 2019, 21:05:21 pm »

Nobody is going to buy this club with £5 million debt. Either KT and his mucker make enough through a development deal to write it off or the club make enough through a development deal to reduce the debt. Either way the club has been reduced to being dependant on grubby land deals. That is what they have achieved in however many years they have been skulking in the shadows.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25833 on: November 13, 2019, 13:37:14 pm »

At least we agree on this one, Thomas is a **** taker. Grin

Absolutely mate... He was well in the frame.

You must be thrilled to see that you have been co-opted onto the Kingsley Park branch of the Momentum party.  Grin Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25834 on: November 13, 2019, 13:40:51 pm »

I have written enough for now.

Amen to that...  Cool Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #25835 on: November 14, 2019, 06:53:21 am »

On the basis that no one will ever buy the club with £5 mill of debt and any sale will only ever therefore go through with some kind of land deal attached , why can’t the supporters have some indication of what the exact plan is for the East stand .
The permanent silence and fudging of blame is an absolute disgrace .
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25836 on: November 14, 2019, 08:18:00 am »

On the basis that no one will ever buy the club with £5 mill of debt and any sale will only ever therefore go through with some kind of land deal attached , why can’t the supporters have some indication of what the exact plan is for the East stand .
The permanent silence and fudging of blame is an absolute disgrace .
Cardoza lumbered the club with £8.5m and now Thomas's £5m plus, so £12.5m spunked without a single penny being spent on building up the clubs infrastructure in order to help raise revenues should tell you all you need to know about speculator owners.
There will be no East stand development.
The debts will be 'written off' once the land is sold.
What else could happen?

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25837 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:11 am »

We’ve got some way to go yet.....The Lorne Street stand at Port Vale has been half built for twenty years now!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25838 on: November 14, 2019, 11:05:38 am »

We’ve got some way to go yet.....The Lorne Street stand at Port Vale has been half built for twenty years now!!
Its being used as a nursery, so a least it's  generating income..The east stand shell makes a good roosting place for migrating birds and outsider speculators 😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #25839 on: November 29, 2019, 09:43:11 am »

A very interesting article in London Evening Standard on Tuesday concerning the current problems faced by AFC Wimbledon and the completion of their new ground in Plough Lane.  Apologies I cannot attach the link to that here for you all but I'm not computer 'savvy' enough to know how you do that.  Could anyone please assist me in providing that link as it is well worth a read.  Personally hope they can overcome the very real problems they currently face.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: