The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:47:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819484 times)
Observing and 25 Guests are viewing this topic.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25840 on: November 29, 2019, 09:50:30 am »

A very interesting article in London Evening Standard on Tuesday concerning the current problems faced by AFC Wimbledon and the completion of their new ground in Plough Lane.  Apologies I cannot attach the link to that here for you all but I'm not computer 'savvy' enough to know how you do that.  Could anyone please assist me in providing that link as it is well worth a read.  Personally hope they can overcome the very real problems they currently face.

This one?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fans-fear-for-future-of-afc-wimbledon-as-club-face-11m-shortfall-to-build-new-stadium-a4296711.html
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #25841 on: November 29, 2019, 10:00:08 am »

Thanks for your help Deepcut - your  a star.  Wish I was more knowledgably about these computer thingies ... its all passing me by a bit.  Anyway, puts our ground problems into a bit of perspective.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #25842 on: November 29, 2019, 12:48:07 pm »

maybe they should go and watch their team at MK?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25843 on: November 29, 2019, 12:53:24 pm »

Thanks for your help Deepcut - your  a star.  Wish I was more knowledgably about these computer thingies ... its all passing me by a bit.  Anyway, puts our ground problems into a bit of perspective.
we've been waiting 20 years for some basic improvements into our infrastructure,  I'd say we're a lot worse off with the useless timewasters we've had to suffer!
As bad as it is for afcw, they will sort their sh*t long before Thomas cashes in his good fortune and gets gone.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #25844 on: November 29, 2019, 13:52:21 pm »

we've been waiting 20 years for some basic improvements into our infrastructure,  I'd say we're a lot worse off with the useless timewasters we've had to suffer!
As bad as it is for afcw, they will sort their sh*t long before Thomas cashes in his good fortune and gets gone.

We've been waiting 20 years? No we haven't!
In 1999 Sixfields was only 5 years old and considered perfectly satisfactory by the vast majority. It was always too small but at that time was a better ground than those used by most of our competitors. Stop re-writing history. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25845 on: November 29, 2019, 14:02:47 pm »

EB Claret,  please remember Beds is just full of Bull, the truth is always miles away when he posts, lying is second nature to him. Have a chat with him on the hill when he does his one man protest on Sunday.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #25846 on: November 29, 2019, 14:53:24 pm »

A very interesting article in London Evening Standard on Tuesday concerning the current problems faced by AFC Wimbledon and the completion of their new ground in Plough Lane.  Apologies I cannot attach the link to that here for you all but I'm not computer 'savvy' enough to know how you do that.  Could anyone please assist me in providing that link as it is well worth a read.  Personally hope they can overcome the very real problems they currently face.
I read the full article on Tuesday. It was very interesting. AFC did have offers of assistance from outside investors, but were reluctant to allow them onto the board. Which is understandable, given that Sam Hammam sold the ground and the club, and hoovered up £36 million in the process. Buckingham have offered to finish the ground at a reduced capacity, within the current financial structure available. But, it would not include the bars, conference facilities, etc.. planned for.
Their trust members, were fearing for the clubs future.
So, two points to raise.
1 Construction costs will soar from the original estimate. Crossrail/Elizabeth Line has proved that. Although not on the same scale obviously.
2 How p1ssed off must Buckingham be, with football clubs inability to pay their bills?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #25847 on: November 29, 2019, 15:13:09 pm »

EB Claret,  please remember Beds is just full of Bull, the truth is always miles away when he posts, lying is second nature to him. Have a chat with him on the hill when he does his one man protest on Sunday.

Will he be on the hill? or is this a "Big" game.
I'll wave to him from my comfy seat in the adequately equipped West Stand.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #25848 on: November 29, 2019, 21:05:35 pm »

The redevelopment of the Family Carlsberg Carl Heggs East Stand has been cancelled due to lack of bricks.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25849 on: November 30, 2019, 11:31:32 am »

We've been waiting 20 years? No we haven't!
In 1999 Sixfields was only 5 years old and considered perfectly satisfactory by the vast majority. It was always too small but at that time was a better ground than those used by most of our competitors. Stop re-writing history. Tongue
Sixfields and its non league  facilities has spent the vast majority of its existence housing a struggling little L2 side.
This is actually fact, it's you trying to rewrite history if you can't see what harm outsider investors Cardoza/Thomas have done to our clubs ability to escape L2 and progress.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #25850 on: November 30, 2019, 14:09:54 pm »

Sixfields and its non league  facilities has spent the vast majority of its existence housing a struggling little L2 side.
This is actually fact, it's you trying to rewrite history if you can't see what harm outsider investors Cardoza/Thomas have done to our clubs ability to escape L2 and progress.

I fail to see why you think we are able to progress. We are and always will be a yo-yo club until such time as a sugar daddy comes along. It's not the fault of owners, fans or the size of the ground. The place you have to look for the blame is the EFL, the money required to prgoress above league one is astronimical. And don't give me your plucked from the árse figures about a club that can grow and sustain itself because you have constantly had you figures shot down in flames. The sooner you come to accept our lot in life the happier you will be and more comfortable sitting in the stand rather than stood on the hill.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #25851 on: November 30, 2019, 15:57:15 pm »

I fail to see why you think we are able to progress. We are and always will be a yo-yo club until such time as a sugar daddy comes along. It's not the fault of owners, fans or the size of the ground. The place you have to look for the blame is the EFL, the money required to prgoress above league one is astronimical. And don't give me your plucked from the árse figures about a club that can grow and sustain itself because you have constantly had you figures shot down in flames. The sooner you come to accept our lot in life the happier you will be and more comfortable sitting in the stand rather than stood on the hill.

What are you talking about? It is brilliant up on the hill.  The sooner you come to accept our lot in life the happier you will be.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25852 on: November 30, 2019, 16:10:36 pm »

Sorry Sing, I've only read the first line of your reply to warrant a reply,  The Cardoza/Thomas era, will drag our club to the depths of the football league,  they dont want assistance in helping build up our infrastructure to allow progress,  they just want/ wanted land land and more land.
 Also to gave us the tag of yo yo club! That is disrespectful to a yo yo, as they come back up regularly, we dont!
 Sixfields in its antiquated run down non league
state, without modern infrastructure doesn't allow this!
Let's go back and see what else you wrote...
So you reckon the football league is responsible for our clubs inability to attract a couple more % of it catchment to allow it compete at a higher level?
Mate, seriouslyyour devotion to Cardoza/Thomas is making you look silly..
Time to take some time out me duck, these are not what our club need.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #25853 on: November 30, 2019, 16:37:41 pm »

Sorry Sing, I've only read the first line of your reply to warrant a reply,  The Cardoza/Thomas era, will drag our club to the depths of the football league,  they dont want assistance in helping build up our infrastructure to allow progress,  they just want/ wanted land land and more land.
 Also to gave us the tag of yo yo club! That is disrespectful to a yo yo, as they come back up regularly, we dont!
state, without modern infrastructure doesn't allow this!
So you reckon the football league is responsible for our clubs inability to attract a couple more % of it catchment to allow it compete at a higher level?
Mate, seriouslyyour devotion to Cardoza/Thomas is making you look silly..
Time to take some time out me duck, these are not what our club need.

Sorry Sing, I've only read the first line of your reply to warrant a reply,  The Cardoza/Thomas era, will drag our club to the depths of the football league(exactly where do you think we are at the mintue?,  they dont want assistance(can you please show where you get this from) in helping build up our infrastructure to allow progress,  they just want/ wanted land land and more land.
 Also to gave us the tag of yo yo club! That is disrespectful to a yo yo, as they come back up regularly, we dont!(when have we not come back? We yo-yo between league one and league two, this is our lot in life)
state(did you ever go to the county ground?), without modern infrastructure doesn't allow this!(tell this to Bournemouth. Oh! they have a sugar daddy)
So you reckon the football league is responsible for our clubs inability to attract a couple more % of it catchment to allow it compete at a higher level?(Please read again, that is not what I said)
Mate, seriouslyyour devotion to Cardoza/Thomas is making you look silly..(Since when have I declared such a thing)
Time to take some time out me duck, these are not what our club need(No, it is you who needs to manage your expectations until such time as a sugar daddy comes along)

So as usual you have replied pretty much to nothing that I wrote and have spouted your usual bóllocks.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25854 on: November 30, 2019, 16:42:03 pm »

Sorry Sing, I've only read the first line of your reply to warrant a reply,  The Cardoza/Thomas era, will drag our club to the depths of the football league(exactly where do you think we are at the mintue?,  they dont want assistance(can you please show where you get this from) in helping build up our infrastructure to allow progress,  they just want/ wanted land land and more land.
 Also to gave us the tag of yo yo club! That is disrespectful to a yo yo, as they come back up regularly, we dont!(when have we not come back? We yo-yo between league one and league two, this is our lot in life)
state(did you ever go to the county ground?), without modern infrastructure doesn't allow this!(tell this to Bournemouth. Oh! they have a sugar daddy)
So you reckon the football league is responsible for our clubs inability to attract a couple more % of it catchment to allow it compete at a higher level?(Please read again, that is not what I said)
Mate, seriouslyyour devotion to Cardoza/Thomas is making you look silly..(Since when have I declared such a thing)
Time to take some time out me duck, these are not what our club need(No, it is you who needs to manage your expectations until such time as a sugar daddy comes along)

So as usual you have replied pretty much to nothing that I wrote and have spouted your usual bóllocks.
You sound like a wait and see cardozite, that couldn't face the truth when proved so wrong.. Got selfies?...perhaps?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #25855 on: November 30, 2019, 16:47:02 pm »

You sound like a wait and see cardozite, that couldn't face the truth when proved so wrong.. Got selfies?...perhaps?

Seriously mate, you need to keep taking your meds.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25856 on: November 30, 2019, 20:14:58 pm »

The moment you wrote sugar daddy... affirmed you dont have scooby doo as to what our club need!
I would rather the full backing of Northamptons public and its business community to see the club gradually grow than shiek yourmoney or a london based landgrabbing spivs at our club.....
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #25857 on: November 30, 2019, 21:11:22 pm »

The moment you wrote sugar daddy... affirmed you dont have scooby doo as to what our club need!
I would rather the full backing of Northamptons public and its business community to see the club gradually grow than shiek yourmoney or a london based landgrabbing spivs at our club.....

I'm sorry me duck, but it's you who is delusional to think that anyone outside the current fan base gives a flying fúck about the Cobblers. This was very obvious when the objections started coming in about the building of Sixfields. No local businessman in his right mind would put money into the club.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25858 on: November 30, 2019, 22:53:55 pm »

I'm sorry me duck, but it's you who is delusional to think that anyone outside the current fan base gives a flying fúck about the Cobblers. This was very obvious when the objections started coming in about the building of Sixfields. No local businessman in his right mind would put money into the club.
The current fan base that is less than half what it should be, and that is down  to your mates Cardoza/Thomas..
Are you the proud owner of a double selfie?
You've backed the wrong horse, no shame, get back on side for the sake of the football club of Northampton.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #25859 on: December 01, 2019, 09:52:12 am »

The current fan base that is less than half what it should be, and that is down  to your mates Cardoza/Thomas..
Are you the proud owner of a double selfie?
You've backed the wrong horse, no shame, get back on side for the sake of the football club of Northampton.

You really do live in cloud cuckoo land. The fan base is what it is. Do you remember the days of the County ground where 2,000 was a good crowd?
The fan base will only increase with a rise up the ranks when we find a sugar daddy.
As I have asked you before, please show me where I backed Cardoza/Thaomas. I had long conversations with a prominent member of this message board about the misgivings over Cardoza long before anything came to light.
As for being onside for the sake of the club, You should crawl back into the woodwork becasue if we use your business model the club will cease to exist in two years.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: