The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:31:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819972 times)
Barty and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25860 on: December 01, 2019, 12:03:48 pm »

You really do live in cloud cuckoo land. The fan base is what it is. Do you remember the days of the County ground where 2,000 was a good crowd?
The fan base will only increase with a rise up the ranks when we find a sugar daddy.
As I have asked you before, please show me where I backed Cardoza/Thaomas. I had long conversations with a prominent member of this message board about the misgivings over Cardoza long before anything came to light.
As for being onside for the sake of the club, You should crawl back into the woodwork becasue if we use your business model the club will cease to exist in two years.

You have no need to justify your thoughts. Anybody that disagrees with them is automatically labelled as a Thomas or Cardozo supporter. It is a smokescreen to throw us off their trail. For any of us that have the audacity to ask salient questions of them. There is very small group of our support, who have managed to create what is effectively a mutual appreciation society. Any attempt to permeate their blinkered view, is met with false accusations and arrogance. You are better off leaving them to themselves in their pseudo world of fantasy football club ownership.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25861 on: December 02, 2019, 05:26:23 am »

You have no need to justify your thoughts. Anybody that disagrees with them is automatically labelled as a Thomas or Cardozo supporter. It is a smokescreen to throw us off their trail. For any of us that have the audacity to ask salient questions of them. There is very small group of our support, who have managed to create what is effectively a mutual appreciation society. Any attempt to permeate their blinkered view, is met with false accusations and arrogance. You are better off leaving them to themselves in their pseudo world of fantasy football club ownership.
You've made it quite clear you dont give 2 flying ones for the clubs infrastructure and happy to see struggle to stay afloat unable to trade in L1,  why you want this, I've no idea, but your anti progress stance, shows you have an agenda, albeit a strange one?
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #25862 on: December 02, 2019, 11:01:54 am »

You've made it quite clear you dont give 2 flying ones for the clubs infrastructure and happy to see struggle to stay afloat unable to trade in L1,  why you want this, I've no idea, but your anti progress stance, shows you have an agenda, albeit a strange one?

Your agenda seems to be that as soon as KT is gone thousands of extra fans will stream through the turnstiles, buying copious amounts of tea, coffee, programmes and pie in the sky. All this extra income will then propel us into the Championship by christmas!
I would love to see the club progress too, but I know what we are and have been for most of the 40 odd years I've been watching the Cobblers, a small club in League 2. It's going to take more than an increase in refreshment sales to change that.
Whether there is a change or not I'll still be a fan, who owns the club has never really bothered me.

As for Sixfields, yes it's too small and has it's limitations but we shouldn't forget where we came from, The County Ground, probably the worst football ground in the top 8-10 divisions in English football, Sixfields was a massive improvement!
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #25863 on: December 02, 2019, 11:15:42 am »

Your agenda seems to be that as soon as KT is gone thousands of extra fans will stream through the turnstiles, buying copious amounts of tea, coffee, programmes and pie in the sky. All this extra income will then propel us into the Championship by christmas!
I would love to see the club progress too, but I know what we are and have been for most of the 40 odd years I've been watching the Cobblers, a small club in League 2. It's going to take more than an increase in refreshment sales to change that.
Whether there is a change or not I'll still be a fan, who owns the club has never really bothered me.

As for Sixfields, yes it's too small and has it's limitations but we shouldn't forget where we came from, The County Ground, probably the worst football ground in the top 8-10 divisions in English football, Sixfields was a massive improvement!

Well said that man.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25864 on: December 02, 2019, 14:53:52 pm »

For the past 20 years football has gone through a renaissance where its popularity has grown to new heights,  ALL clubs in the football league have tried to embrace this by some expansion and modernisation,  that is all except one!  Who ever could that be?
I'll give you a clue, they have been run constantly by outsider speculators who are there for profiting from the land the ground stands on!
Have you worked it out yet?
It's none other than Cardoza/Thomas's version of what they think is best for Northampton town....which is allowing its supporters to live in hope that some veiled suggestion that some unconditional progress will happen and we'll live happily ever after, this despite building £15,000,000 of debt without seeing any real improvement... Or have I got that wrong also? Please correct if this isnt true.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #25865 on: December 02, 2019, 15:58:12 pm »

I'm just going to put this here. http://faninsights.co.uk/fan-engagement-index/

I know some people aren't keen on having to read through actual facts and figures with a methodology behind them more involved than reaching into one's arse and plucking out a few numbers, so to save them time Northampton Town are rated 24th out of 92 and are one of only 8 clubs that have all three types of face-to-face dialogues between club and fans in place that are focused on in the study.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #25866 on: December 02, 2019, 16:05:08 pm »

For the past 20 years football has gone through a renaissance where its popularity has grown to new heights,  ALL clubs in the football league have tried to embrace this by some expansion and modernisation,  that is all except one!  Who ever could that be?
I'll give you a clue, they have been run constantly by outsider speculators who are there for profiting from the land the ground stands on!
It's none other than Cardoza/Thomas's version of what they think is best for Northampton town....which is allowing its supporters to live in hope that some veiled suggestion that some unconditional progress will happen and we'll live happily ever after, this despite building £15,000,000 of debt without seeing any real improvement... Or have I got that wrong also? Please correct if this isnt true.

Calm down, Calm down!!I didn't realise that Cardoza and Thomas are working together!
Cardoza was a crook who, ironically, would have made himself more money out of the Sixfields land if he had acted honestly. KT has stated privately and publicly that all proceeds from the land will go to the club, we'll wait and see. My opinion is that the ground doesn't desperately need expansion while we are in league 2 but does for us to move higher. I understand your model of a gradual growth of support and income to keep the club ticking over but think we need a kick start to progress. Not all outside investment is bad, look at Leicester. Some of your rants make it sound like you're Cardoza's angry mate who never got his cut!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #25867 on: December 02, 2019, 16:41:08 pm »

Calm down, Calm down!!I didn't realise that Cardoza and Thomas are working together!
Cardoza was a crook who, ironically, would have made himself more money out of the Sixfields land if he had acted honestly. KT has stated privately and publicly that all proceeds from the land will go to the club, we'll wait and see. My opinion is that the ground doesn't desperately need expansion while we are in league 2 but does for us to move higher. I understand your model of a gradual growth of support and income to keep the club ticking over but think we need a kick start to progress. Not all outside investment is bad, look at Leicester. Some of your rants make it sound like you're Cardoza's angry mate who never got his cut!
Cardozas angry mate... that's an interesting concept, maybe your onto to something EB.
All proceeds from the land going to the club. Do we know yet precisely which land he is referring to?
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #25868 on: December 02, 2019, 17:10:36 pm »

Let's ask Bury's fans whether they agree with you?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25869 on: December 02, 2019, 17:59:21 pm »

Let's ask Bury's fans whether they agree with you?
Outsider speculators at Bury...... next
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #25870 on: December 02, 2019, 18:33:28 pm »

Outsider speculators at Bury...... next

Ok, bad choice of club on my part, but I was actually referring to the development of their club and facilities. They remained firmly in the dark ages in terms of facilities.

There are plenty of others too, all of which would like to have more but won't go anywhere.

Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #25871 on: December 02, 2019, 18:58:21 pm »

Cardozas angry mate... that's an interesting concept, maybe your onto to something EB.
All proceeds from the land going to the club. Do we know yet precisely which land he is referring to?

EEeerr.....No!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25872 on: December 02, 2019, 19:14:55 pm »

Ok, bad choice of club on my part, but I was actually referring to the development of their club and facilities. They remained firmly in the dark ages in terms of facilities.

There are plenty of others too, all of which would like to have more but won't go anywhere.

You've never been to Bury have you?
If you make comparisons to help justify our clubs abject failure to grow its infrastructure to allow it to be more sustainable, please take everything into consideration.
The likes of little Bury and Rochdale  try really hard to opperate at their maximum despite having some of the worlds biggest clubs on their door steps.
We having the luxury of a large untapped catchment, just dont bother, choosing to rot away in pitiful  conditions,  relying on the paltry 5000 that will always turn up regardless. This allowing time wasting land speculators plentiful time to make their vague suggestions as to them doing things, when only interested in a land grab.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25873 on: December 02, 2019, 20:02:15 pm »

Well.... I suppose I should View that as progress. Not being accused of loving either KT or DC.

Now I just need to work on your other unfounded accusations  Grin Grin

One day at a time though eh....  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25874 on: December 02, 2019, 20:09:54 pm »

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/ambigamy/201403/why-won-t-they-listen-reason
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25875 on: December 02, 2019, 21:24:03 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest1269

« Reply #25876 on: December 03, 2019, 19:42:11 pm »

You've never been to Bury have you?
If you make comparisons to help justify our clubs abject failure to grow its infrastructure to allow it to be more sustainable, please take everything into consideration.
The likes of little Bury and Rochdale  try really hard to opperate at their maximum despite having some of the worlds biggest clubs on their door steps.
We having the luxury of a large untapped catchment, just dont bother, choosing to rot away in pitiful  conditions,  relying on the paltry 5000 that will always turn up regardless. This allowing time wasting land speculators plentiful time to make their vague suggestions as to them doing things, when only interested in a land grab.

......but it’s KT who belittles the club according to you - he must have said some very nasty things to beat your latest missive
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25877 on: December 03, 2019, 20:52:42 pm »

......but it’s KT who belittles the club according to you - he must have said some very nasty things to beat your latest missive
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/delusional-disorder
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25878 on: December 04, 2019, 05:31:03 am »

Thomas did Say Sixfields was Ok for league 1 about a year in to his tenure,  which it wasn't, still isn't and never was.
This suggested to me at the time he was never going to do anything to improve the ground, so now after 4 years, stuck in L2, 5 plus million in debt, it's the very same thing as Cardoza waiting over a decade for his pay dirt from the land..
So with debt mounting and the ludicrous 'talks on going' or 'talks at an advanced stage' or 'interesting talks with the council' still being spewed out... Maybe its just me, but as I see it the Thomas/Cardoza transition was seamless,  two cheeks of the very same arse, by ways of making loads of promises to draw you in, then large periods of inactivity which lead on to the council blame game for not handing over unconditional pay dirt leading to vast debts mounting.. Not having heard anything for several months, can someone update me should I have missed our escape for this 20 year cycle?
I'm not sure as to what you mean by my latest missive, it's always been as above, and very much still is.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #25879 on: December 04, 2019, 06:30:15 am »

Thomas did Say Sixfields was Ok for league 1 about a year in to his tenure,  which it wasn't, still isn't and never was.
This suggested to me at the time he was never going to do anything to improve the ground, so now after 4 years, stuck in L2, 5 plus million in debt, it's the very same thing as Cardoza waiting over a decade for his pay dirt from the land..
So with debt mounting and the ludicrous 'talks on going' or 'talks at an advanced stage' or 'interesting talks with the council' still being spewed out... Maybe its just me, but as I see it the Thomas/Cardoza transition was seamless,  two cheeks of the very same arse, by ways of making loads of promises to draw you in, then large periods of inactivity which lead on to the council blame game for not handing over unconditional pay dirt leading to vast debts mounting.. Not having heard anything for several months, can someone update me should I have missed our escape for this 20 year cycle?
I'm not sure as to what you mean by my latest missive, it's always been as above, and very much still is.

I'm probably making a mistake by dignifying this with a response, but that comparison is a bit silly. Yes, there were long delays and "excuses" from both Cardoza and Thomas but what you forget is that in the end, Cardoza got the deal he wanted from the council. Now, granted, things went south after that but that was due to the levels of integrity of the owners and their partners in crime.

Doesn't the fact that Thomas and Bower seem to be hitting the same sort of delays suggest that there are an awful lot of hoops to jump through when dealing with the council, and (with some justification) probably doubly so after they were stung the first time around?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: