The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:51:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820346 times)
RChurch, tcobb and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest2995

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #25880 on: December 04, 2019, 07:08:20 am »

People sniffing around the surrounding land again .
No interest in the football club though. Others spooked by the publicity .
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25881 on: December 04, 2019, 10:34:14 am »

Who's doing the sniffing ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest2995

« Reply #25882 on: December 04, 2019, 11:00:26 am »

Who's doing the sniffing ?
Developers . No news there I know but it’s live . Doubt it fits KT criteria .
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25883 on: December 04, 2019, 11:05:28 am »

I'm probably making a mistake by dignifying this with a response, but that comparison is a bit silly. Yes, there were long delays and "excuses" from both Cardoza and Thomas but what you forget is that in the end, Cardoza got the deal he wanted from the council. Now, granted, things went south after that but that was due to the levels of integrity of the owners and their partners in crime.

Doesn't the fact that Thomas and Bower seem to be hitting the same sort of delays suggest that there are an awful lot of hoops to jump through when dealing with the council, and (with some justification) probably doubly so after they were stung the first time around?
You say the comparison is a bit silly then virtually agree with every word.
Also you unwittingly hit the nail right on the head when you pointed out that outside speculator Cardoza got the deal he wanted, yes he did, but the football club got nothing, which happens when you give unconditional vast sums to those who have shown more interest in lining their own pockets than investing into the club.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25884 on: December 04, 2019, 11:08:36 am »

Developers . No news there I know but it’s live . Doubt it fits KT criteria .
It would be beneficial to the club should a third party get control of the land, it would put paid to holding out on the vain hope our club get  some good fortune.
It wont.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #25885 on: December 04, 2019, 12:35:05 pm »

It would be beneficial to the club should a third party get control of the land, it would put paid to holding out on the vain hope our club get  some good fortune.
It wont.
The land , the club , the debt and the east stand come together .
It’s an interesting concept that the land could be sold as a separate concern to the club with the proviso the East Stand is completed and the debt is cleared .
I have no idea if that is feasible .
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #25886 on: December 04, 2019, 12:48:26 pm »

For the record, I didn't agree with a word of it. You were drawing comparisons between the former and current incumbents and were rather crudely inferring the similarities between the pattern we've seen with both were due to both regimes' willingness to screw the club/council out of every penny they could. I was merely pointing out that there's a certain commonality there that isn't either the previous or current owner.

Also you unwittingly hit the nail right on the head when you pointed out that outside speculator Cardoza got the deal he wanted, yes he did, but the football club got nothing, which happens when you give unconditional vast sums to those who have shown more interest in lining their own pockets than investing into the club.
The football club got nothing because of the dishonesty of a number of parties. I've yet to see anything that suggests KT and DB are dishonest. Evasive, yes, dishonest, no.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #25887 on: December 04, 2019, 14:06:45 pm »

The blame for that lies solely at the council's door or maybe to certain parties within the council who were very pally with the Cardozas. So you can understand the council making a stand with the new owner and taking things slowly.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25888 on: December 04, 2019, 14:07:43 pm »

For the record, I didn't agree with a word of it. You were drawing comparisons between the former and current incumbents and were rather crudely inferring the similarities between the pattern we've seen with both were due to both regimes' willingness to screw the club/council out of every penny they could. I was merely pointing out that there's a certain commonality there that isn't either the previous or current owner.
The football club got nothing because of the dishonesty of a number of parties. I've yet to see anything that suggests KT and DB are dishonest. Evasive, yes, dishonest, no.
No one is suggesting dishonesty, but maybe the ethical reasoning behind anyone who takes over a community asset to extract large personal gains, make vague unconditional promises that offer no substance as to what they intend to do, then allow many years to pass  with the club still mothballed in an unsustainable infrastructure that causes vast debt to build against it.
Just for the record, that could be either of the past owners to date.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25889 on: December 04, 2019, 14:15:24 pm »

The blame for that lies solely at the council's door or maybe to certain parties within the council who were very pally with the Cardozas. So you can understand the council making a stand with the new owner and taking things slowly.

I believe its that he has offered nothing to the towns football club or its supporters to warrant the council giving him the time of day and not because of previous incumbents who hung around at our club hoping for a huge pay out.
I very grateful that they are now more astute.
They need to hold out and only offer the football club  the benefits from the land it stands on solely for the use of the club and not passers by on the make.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #25890 on: December 04, 2019, 14:44:13 pm »

I believe its that he has offered nothing to the towns football club or its supporters to warrant the council giving him the time of day and not because of previous incumbents who hung around at our club hoping for a huge pay out.
They need to hold out and only offer the football club  the benefits from the land it stands on solely for the use of the club and not passers by on the make.

That's the problem with your argument, it's what you believe. It's not based on any facts or evidence.
I would hope the Council is now more astute, if you can't learn the lessons of giving away £10.25m then there is no hope!
I would think that every fan in the ground (or on the hill) looks at that East Stand at least once a game and wishes it were finished/different. So if you simply said that you wish KT would do something or sell up then everyone would agree instead of arguing with you.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #25891 on: December 04, 2019, 14:52:22 pm »

Beds - straight question - are Burton Albion one of the clubs that do things significantly better than those in charge of NTFC?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25892 on: December 04, 2019, 17:53:21 pm »

Interested to read about the plight of Wimbledon? Buried in the story was the revelation that the support base had raised quite a few million in an attempt to alleviate the financial pressure. Anyone have any knowledge of how this was achieved?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25893 on: December 04, 2019, 19:51:13 pm »

Beds - straight question - are Burton Albion one of the clubs that do things significantly better than those in charge of NTFC?
Burton, a small club from a town the size of Wellingbough not long up from the non league ..
How do I even answer that?
 For the Cobblers to match their exploits we would need to be established in the premiership!
I'm struggling to find another club that has done as little as us over the past 20 years.
This is a direct result of those time wasters we have had in charge.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25894 on: December 04, 2019, 19:58:29 pm »

You, the Trust and a few others genuinely believe by repeating the same thing, that you are part of the solution. When in fact you are just repeating the problem. I genuinely hope one day, that someone will offer a tangible advance on that.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25895 on: December 04, 2019, 20:08:29 pm »

That's the problem with your argument, it's what you believe. It's not based on any facts or evidence.
I would hope the Council is now more astute, if you can't learn the lessons of giving away £10.25m then there is no hope!
I would think that every fan in the ground (or on the hill) looks at that East Stand at least once a game and wishes it were finished/different. So if you simply said that you wish KT would do something or sell up then everyone would agree instead of arguing with you.
You have obviously forgot or just unaware that the conditions of Thomas's take over was a mysterious £4m he was using to complete the East stand, that was over 4 years ago ! Now we have over £5.5m debts and nothing having happened at the east.
Anyone who thinks Thomas is going to build anything is going to be disappointed.
The good folk at the Council probably haven't forgot this renaged promise and would do well to break ties with him and wait for genuine owners who are only here for the good of the club and not on a personal land grabbing mission.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25896 on: December 04, 2019, 20:47:06 pm »

You have obviously forgot or just unaware that the conditions of Thomas's take over was a mysterious £4m he was using to complete the East stand,

No it wasn’t... The conditions were that no one other fcuker wanted it..  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #25897 on: December 04, 2019, 21:32:07 pm »

No it wasn’t... The conditions were that no one other fcuker wanted it..  Grin Grin Grin
Nigel are you having a meltdown ? You seem to try to pick an argument with certain posters whatever they post. You know very well that KT said he had "£4M Ringfenced" to complete the East and that was one of the reasons he was able to buy the club for the figure he did.
    You also know that there were others who wanted it, I think KT himself was quoted that there would have been a queue of people willing to buy NTFC with the deal he got.
     Also, whilst I'm posting, could you provide evidence of your statement "the Trust  genuinely believe by repeating the same thing, that you are part of the solution"    Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #25898 on: December 05, 2019, 06:10:07 am »

The land , the club , the debt and the east stand come together .
It’s an interesting concept that the land could be sold as a separate concern to the club with the proviso the East Stand is completed and the debt is cleared .
I have no idea if that is feasible .

Isn’t that exactly what enabling development is meant to be? I’m just bored of it all now.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25899 on: December 05, 2019, 06:30:48 am »

Rather than bicker amongst ourselves all of our attention should be directed at the failure of our owners to do what they said they would do. 

The following is from the Chronicle on 26 November 2015, the day after the KT led group took over control of the club:

“He (KT) said he and his investors intend to plough £4 million init the club in total, which would fund the rest of what has been previously reported as his “ambitious” plans for the East Stand development.”

In the same article KT is quoted as saying:

"This is a football club that has the opportunity to expand with a new stadium.”

4 years later………………………
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: