The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:07:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822915 times)
JeanGenie, tcobb, Another Pedj, west stand oap and 52 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #26260 on: January 11, 2020, 08:32:18 am »

Quote from: Vintage Cobbler link=topic=5547.msg402484#msg402484 date=1578734112.
...........I'm finished. 

Can we quote you on that?

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #26261 on: January 11, 2020, 08:33:17 am »

I am not as anti KT as some ....,
But my word does he waffle on .
Give facts and commit man. Stop blustering .

Totally reasonable observation.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26262 on: January 11, 2020, 08:44:19 am »

Can we quote you on that?

Ouch - I already have my first splinter
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26263 on: January 11, 2020, 08:46:38 am »

I think the tide is finally turning against our invisible Chairman, the constant spin and none sense is now there for all to see.
4 years and still the same drivel, blames everyone but himself, didn’t even bother to attend the 3rd round game in person, I think that says it all really.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest1269

« Reply #26264 on: January 11, 2020, 09:12:21 am »

Ouch - I already have my first splinter

Humour is good even on points of disagreement - what I dislike is the insults to individuals who are not as vitriolic about the cause (particularly as they may in principle agree)
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26265 on: January 11, 2020, 09:23:39 am »

A supporter friend sent me this link today which I would say is not untypical of the views of many even 4 years after KT arrived:

https://twitter.com/sidjones31/status/1215916615549837312?s=20
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26266 on: January 11, 2020, 09:38:57 am »

On the other hand, an alternative point of view from a third party:

https://twitter.com/LukeThoday/status/1215691767858769921?s=20
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #26267 on: January 11, 2020, 09:50:40 am »

I think the tide is finally turning against our invisible Chairman, the constant spin and none sense is now there for all to see.

I think you are right but still frankly leaves the fanbase impotent unless KT agrees to sell AND there is a viable buyer with better interests in the club.....

I honestly don't think KT is going to be influenced by angry fans.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26268 on: January 11, 2020, 10:06:56 am »

Message from the fence - the impotent fanbase could always try one of those little blue pills.   You never know - it might work!
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #26269 on: January 11, 2020, 12:40:55 pm »

A supporter friend sent me this link today which I would say is not untypical of the views of many even 4 years after KT arrived:

https://twitter.com/sidjones31/status/1215916615549837312?s=20

‪Suspect Simon was saying “but he saved the club” around September / October 2015.

Not that the current ownership or status of the club are anywhere near in the same ballpark in any way, but the point remains that 99% of supporters of NTFC will be happy as long as they have a FL club for their Saturday afternoon routine to keep going until they’re pushing daisies.

Anything transformational such as safe standing just doesn’t register.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #26270 on: January 11, 2020, 15:40:58 pm »

You’re right Tel. I will join you on the fence.  I am bracing myself for getting splinters in my backside.  I am anticipating an uncomfortable time because it looks to me after yesterday’s blarney from KT that I need to be ready for a very lengthy sitting.

Whilst on the fence I may find myself thinking about how our owners rolled into town, reached an understanding with the Council to buy the club for £1.00, established to NBC’s satisfaction that £4 million was available for completion of the East Stand and other investment, acquired the CDNL leases for about £170,000 from CDNL’s liquidator from under noses of NBC, sold 60% of the club’s holding company to 5USport claimed 8 months later no money ever changed hands and so cancelled the deal, oversaw a totally unnecessary relegation from L1 and in so doing have loaded £5 million of debt on the club, appointed 5 managers in 4 seasons at goodness knows what expense, told supporters in the first half of 2018 that the only thing holding up the East Stand was the resolution of boundary issues but then declined to sign the correcting legal document and now 18 months on periodically keeps the plates spinning by claiming “progress”, with the Council for which there is no evidence whatsoever.  No doubt we can look forward to the 2021 video perhaps this time blaming further delays on the Brexit trade negotiations.

PS. where is that £4 million?

And before I am accused of a constantly negative narrative I would remind them that Redevelopment is the topic of this thread.  Come to think about it, based on what has not happened this thread should be empty.  I wonder where the blame lies. Ah I get it - with the likes of myself who would like to see owners do what they said they would do in 2015.

Right, I'm finished.  Where's that fence Tel?

I called you out on one thing and one thing only. Once again it drew a Immature and irrelevant response..

I asked you to highlight the posts of all of these KT supporters that you and a few others keep alluding to. You can’t because they don’t exist. People approach things from various angles. It doesn’t mean that they should be derided for it.

I am yet to meet one person who is happy with the current situation. Hence the reason I can’t understand why any supporters group would not grasp the opportunity to unite the support. Then perhaps something could be achieved past this point.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #26271 on: January 11, 2020, 18:27:16 pm »

‪Suspect Simon was saying “but he saved the club” around September / October 2015.

Not that the current ownership or status of the club are anywhere near in the same ballpark in any way, but the point remains that 99% of supporters of NTFC will be happy as long as they have a FL club for their Saturday afternoon routine to keep going until they’re pushing daisies.

Anything transformational such as safe standing just doesn’t register.
Not so sure, with Posh, Oxford luton and MK leaving us in their wake,  even our softest fans will see that's not a good thing..
I doubt too many are still being fooled by Thomas's threats to finish his dinner let alone the east stand
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26272 on: January 11, 2020, 19:25:52 pm »

I called you out on one thing and one thing only. Once again it drew a Immature and irrelevant response..

I asked you to highlight the posts of all of these KT supporters that you and a few others keep alluding to. You can’t because they don’t exist. People approach things from various angles. It doesn’t mean that they should be derided for it.

I am yet to meet one person who is happy with the current situation. Hence the reason I can’t understand why any supporters group would not grasp the opportunity to unite the support. Then perhaps something could be achieved past this point.

Tel, your toys are coming out of the 'pram again.

“Immature” writes TFAMH of me who earlier this week was calling me and Beds “NTFC haters” and myself “Adolf Vintage”!!! 

I don’t think many would disagree that KT has retained a sizeable basis of support from our fans.  How sizeable I don’t know but I provided a link to just one comment this morning which reflects a body of opinion I come across. I suspect support for KT is bigger than I would like in the context of his group’s ownership history to date but whether it is genuine support for him, apathy or, given our financial history, just being grateful that someone is paying the bills so that there is a match to watch or even something else is difficult to say.   It is hard to rouse the Northampton public even in dire circumstances as the pre-KT  “We Want Answers” protest showed.  As with previous owners, KT has the advantage of the club media platforms for his public relations and personal profile which is aided and abetted by an ever compliant and unquestioning local media. 

Manwork04 commented this morning that the tide of supporter sentiment is turning after the latest video waffle from the Chairman.  Maybe.  In any event, the credibility of KT concerning the subject matter of this thread should be coming under increasing scrutiny.  Some of us have been scrutinising and questioning claims of “progress” on the redevelopment and some other matters for a long time but are constantly rubbished by the likes of TFAMY and others. TFAMH writes that he has met no one who is happy with the situation.  Can we count him in that number?

The majority of comments I make are on matters  of detail.  Boring for many I know but you have to cut through the froth to see if there is any substance underneath.  Rarely, if indeed ever, is there any substance to be found. Continuing claims by KT of “progress” do not stand up to any test of evidence to support such claims.

I’m sure that KT is smiling to himself that those of us who are on the receiving end of mocking and/or sarcastic comments, in which TFAMH especially appears to delight, have become the centre of attention in terms of comments rather than where the spotlight should be focused, which is on our owners.

The principal supporters’ group is the Trust.  The only other group I am aware of is Sixfields Travel but I think its purpose is as its names says and, so far as I know, it is not set up to be anything more. TFAMY has posted comments on here over a period of time critical of the Trust and from time to time he has aimed criticism at individuals connected with the Trust.  Now that very same person has the gall to write ..….  “I can’t understand why any supporters group would not grasp the opportunity to unite the support.” Any chance of it receiving his support.  With friends like TFAMY who needs.................

Right, back to the fence. See you there, Tel.

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #26273 on: January 11, 2020, 20:35:59 pm »

Tel, your toys are coming out of the 'pram again.

“Immature” writes TFAMH of me who earlier this week was calling me and Beds “NTFC haters” and myself “Adolf Vintage”!!! 

I don’t think many would disagree that KT has retained a sizeable basis of support from our fans.  How sizeable I don’t know but I provided a link to just one comment this morning which reflects a body of opinion I come across. I suspect support for KT is bigger than I would like in the context of his group’s ownership history to date but whether it is genuine support for him, apathy or, given our financial history, just being grateful that someone is paying the bills so that there is a match to watch or even something else is difficult to say.   It is hard to rouse the Northampton public even in dire circumstances as the pre-KT  “We Want Answers” protest showed.  As with previous owners, KT has the advantage of the club media platforms for his public relations and personal profile which is aided and abetted by an ever compliant and unquestioning local media. 

Manwork04 commented this morning that the tide of supporter sentiment is turning after the latest video waffle from the Chairman.  Maybe.  In any event, the credibility of KT concerning the subject matter of this thread should be coming under increasing scrutiny.  Some of us have been scrutinising and questioning claims of “progress” on the redevelopment and some other matters for a long time but are constantly rubbished by the likes of TFAMY and others. TFAMH writes that he has met no one who is happy with the situation.  Can we count him in that number?

The majority of comments I make are on matters  of detail.  Boring for many I know but you have to cut through the froth to see if there is any substance underneath.  Rarely, if indeed ever, is there any substance to be found. Continuing claims by KT of “progress” do not stand up to any test of evidence to support such claims.

I’m sure that KT is smiling to himself that those of us who are on the receiving end of mocking and/or sarcastic comments, in which TFAMH especially appears to delight, have become the centre of attention in terms of comments rather than where the spotlight should be focused, which is on our owners.

The principal supporters’ group is the Trust.  The only other group I am aware of is Sixfields Travel but I think its purpose is as its names says and, so far as I know, it is not set up to be anything more. TFAMY has posted comments on here over a period of time critical of the Trust and from time to time he has aimed criticism at individuals connected with the Trust.  Now that very same person has the gall to write ..….  “I can’t understand why any supporters group would not grasp the opportunity to unite the support.” Any chance of it receiving his support.  With friends like TFAMY who needs.................

Right, back to the fence. See you there, Tel.

Another load of BS

Can you please try to concentrate on the original question. Where are all of these KT supporters??
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #26274 on: January 11, 2020, 20:38:53 pm »

Another load of BS

Can you please try to concentrate on the original question. Where are all of these KT supporters??

Apparently all of us who don't agree with the 12 year old keyboard warrior Beds and his cohorts are the KT supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #26275 on: January 11, 2020, 21:27:33 pm »

Whether you are happy with how the East Stand situation has been handled, I still come back to the same issue. What is the point in spending millions increasing the capacity of a ground we can’t currently get close to filling, or are likely to fill in our current league position. Who in their right mind would spend that kind of money without any prospect of an ROI? Please don’t come back with the examples of Peterborough, Luton and all the other examples. There are equally as many failures. The world is chock a block full of people who spend ridiculous figures on schemes that are complete and utter nonsense, it doesn’t make it right though. People don’t want to look at this from a financial perspective because it hinders aspirations and agendas, yet it is the only thing that matters. and don’t think that spending that sort of money doesn’t come at a risk either. There is a world of difference between wanting gates of 10,000 plus and having to get that figure to survive. The thing that annoys me is that I know as fact that most of those on here that are telling others what to do with their money would fill their pants and run for the hills if they had a few million and were asked to spend it in this way, and rightly so. The financial argument for developing the ground isn’t there at this point in time. Be disappointed with the owners for the way they have handled this, fair enough. The fact remains they have still spent 5 million, thats what concerns me about them. At least they have spent it trying to improve the squad, which may just create a need for development? As I also said recently if you really want to exert pressure or create a momentum to depose the current owners then that’s the right of any supporter, but what comes next? Because unless there is a concrete plan to take the club to where your aspirations are what’s the point? Instability rarely leads to progress, so what’s the plan chaps, KT out? If so and that’s your position fine, but who and what comes next and what financial support do they bring to enable us to improve upon what we have now? And to be clear what we have now are no creditors currently at the door and owners who have spent millions trying to improve the performance and quality of the squad on the pitch. The suggestions for development that have been put forward on here are almost without exception nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of a demented lunatic. They wouldn’t get past the first hurdle of satisfying the credit check of an even half credible construction company, and that is fact by the way. Please god someone come up with something viable and constructive as an alternative, because without it if the current owners walk the most likely senario by far is we go backwards? All of us to a supporter probably have the same thoughts about the Cardozas, but when they pulled the plug what position were we in then? All I remember is us being hours from oblivion, so why are some convinced this time it will be different? All those that wanted Cardoza out were proved to be fully vindicated it seems? However it doesn’t change the fact that we stared into the abyss as a result? You see my point, if you want change then what specifically are we changing to, and how do you appease someone like me to garner support? Whilst I may be in the minority on this thread, I am probably not in the minority generally, and without a proposal that garners genuine support all this is nonsense.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 21:38:02 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3086

« Reply #26276 on: January 11, 2020, 21:59:13 pm »

Whether you are happy with how the East Stand situation has been handled, I still come back to the same issue. What is the point in spending millions increasing the capacity of a ground we can’t currently get close to filling, or are likely to fill in our current league position. Who in their right mind would spend that kind of money without any prospect of an ROI? Please don’t come back with the examples of Peterborough, Luton and all the other examples. There are equally as many failures. The world is chock a block full of people who spend ridiculous figures on schemes that are complete and utter nonsense, it doesn’t make it right though. People don’t want to look at this from a financial perspective because it hinders aspirations and agendas, yet it is the only thing that matters. and don’t think that spending that sort of money doesn’t come at a risk either. There is a world of difference between wanting gates of 10,000 plus and having to get that figure to survive. The thing that annoys me is that I know as fact that most of those on here that are telling others what to do with their money would fill their pants and run for the hills if they had a few million and were asked to spend it in this way, and rightly so. The financial argument for developing the ground isn’t there at this point in time. Be disappointed with the owners for the way they have handled this, fair enough. The fact remains they have still spent 5 million, thats what concerns me about them. At least they have spent it trying to improve the squad, which may just create a need for development? As I also said recently if you really want to exert pressure or create a momentum to depose the current owners then that’s the right of any supporter, but what comes next? Because unless there is a concrete plan to take the club to where your aspirations are what’s the point? Instability rarely leads to progress, so what’s the plan chaps, KT out? If so and that’s your position fine, but who and what comes next and what financial support do they bring to enable us to improve upon what we have now? And to be clear what we have now are no creditors currently at the door and owners who have spent millions trying to improve the performance and quality of the squad on the pitch. The suggestions for development that have been put forward on here are almost without exception nothing more than the incoherent ramblings of a demented lunatic. They wouldn’t get past the first hurdle of satisfying the credit check of an even half credible construction company, and that is fact by the way. Please god someone come up with something viable and constructive as an alternative, because without it if the current owners walk the most likely senario by far is we go backwards? All of us to a supporter probably have the same thoughts about the Cardozas, but when they pulled the plug what position were we in then? All I remember is us being hours from oblivion, so why are some convinced this time it will be different? All those that wanted Cardoza out were proved to be fully vindicated it seems? However it doesn’t change the fact that we stared into the abyss as a result? You see my point, if you want change then what specifically are we changing to, and how do you appease someone like me to garner support? Whilst I may be in the minority on this thread, I am probably not in the minority generally, and without a proposal that garners genuine support all this is nonsense.

A significant number of supporters want the stand finished which is what the current owners made us understand was an aim/commitment they made when they got the 10 million smackers written off. They have managed to create a balance sheet of minus 5 million big ones without any progress whatsoever. That doesn't say much for their business acumen. Nobody will buy this club with that balance and their only hope is that they can bamboozle their way to a land bonanza pay-off which the council are finding hard to stomach. Sooner or later we will be back where we started. They don't actually give a toss about the club. They live abroad and rarely even attend games. For them the whole charade is an attempt to make a buck but they have had their arses bitten.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #26277 on: January 11, 2020, 23:41:45 pm »

A significant number of supporters want the stand finished which is what the current owners made us understand was an aim/commitment they made when they got the 10 million smackers written off. They have managed to create a balance sheet of minus 5 million big ones without any progress whatsoever. That doesn't say much for their business acumen. Nobody will buy this club with that balance and their only hope is that they can bamboozle their way to a land bonanza pay-off which the council are finding hard to stomach. Sooner or later we will be back where we started. They don't actually give a toss about the club. They live abroad and rarely even attend games. For them the whole charade is an attempt to make a buck but they have had their arses bitten.
Look SOG, it may be the case on here that many can claim the moral high ground with what was implied or indicated at various points? It doesn’t alter the financial position though does it? Bare in mind the takeover of a club in a ridiculously short timeframe in a highly complex financial position, that dare I say may not have been totally transparent? Therefore what if certain unforeseen facts came to light post purchase? As stated previously there were various other possibly unforeseen events. Chris Wilder left and some players with him possibly as a consequence? The new manager struggled, players signed didn’t come up to scratch. Are we really saying that despite all these events and possibilities the owners had to follow through with any implied commitments irrespective of circumstance, that’s not how it works? Further to this if we get anyone in who runs the show and is not flexible then we are in trouble. I am not saying this is the case by the way, just stating the possibilities. Given that these are a possibility and they have chucked 5 million at the club to try to get the club to perform and progress on the pitch it must earn some credit surely? My criticism of the owners is that they clearly involved themselves in a venture when they probably weren’t aware of the true position, picture or difficulties involved in executing any plan they had? They have also pumped 5 million and god knows how much time into it, for as I see no ROI in 4 years and seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel? However they spin this I don’t believe for one minute this was anything close to the original plan. Also what impact is all this time, effort and attention having on their other business interests? There are some on here that are implying the current owners wouldn’t walk? I wouldn’t be so confident of that? What if their other interests started to suffer or struggle to a point where they needed to put all their focus and finances into those? I’m not stating this is the case, just asking the question? Those on here that would like to see the back of the current owners will almost certainly get their wish soon enough? I am far more concerned about what comes next especially in the climate of the financial performance of lower league clubs generally. Maybe, just maybe this is a good as it gets, and until I see an individual or group step forward with a plan, and the financial clout to back it I fear the worst? Does this view make me a KT supporter? I like to think it makes me a realist rather than an idealist? Or as in some cases on here a fantasist?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 23:43:40 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest1269

« Reply #26278 on: January 12, 2020, 09:25:30 am »

Maybe, just maybe this is a good as it gets, and until I see an individual or group step forward with a plan, and the financial clout to back it I fear the worst? Does this view make me a KT supporter? I like to think it makes me a realist rather than an idealist? Or as in some cases on here a fantasist?

Of course this opens you to the accusation of lacking ambition but I would counter this by saying my financial success in life (and I suspect yours) has been based on considered practical ambition.

The question that always goes unanswered is simply what is the alternative to the current situation - and I’m sorry a Beds theoretical plan or a Vintage rant on how bad KT is is not an answer, it is not a plan and at best just conjecture, given their clear lack of understanding of economics (Clearly illustrated by the lack of understanding of the £5 million debt in a privately owned company).

Of course Beds will continue his rhetoric on the same theme - perfectly entitled to but will also continue to lack credibility unless he can actually name names and indeed dates when these people waiting in the wings to take the club forward. Our other contributor Vintage will hopefully finally get the message that those of us who don’t subscribe to the vitriol he pens are not sheep or indeed apologists for KT.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26279 on: January 12, 2020, 09:39:43 am »

The bottom line is you don’t buy a lower league football team to make money, that’s not to say you can’t like our cup run this year will gross over £1m.
KT came to make a profit out of the land, which is fair enough as long as he for fills his promises of finishing the East Stand.
Unfortunately KT wants his cake and eat it and seems willing to wait, again I don’t blame his considering the sums at stake £100m+.
There must be a middle way, some sort of mediation that can broker a deal that suits everyone?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: