The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:18:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819553 times)
Madrid Cobbler, TVOR, West Stand (+ 1 Hidden) and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.
1971cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #26320 on: January 15, 2020, 22:00:58 pm »

I would have thought that adding a tier on the two ends wouldn't incur huge costs, and would get us close to 10,000?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26321 on: January 16, 2020, 08:50:58 am »

The lack of re-development and the limited capacity we have for fans and corporate guests is being exposed again for the FA Cup clash with Derby. What do people think we could have sold for this game had we had a bigger ground? I reckon another 1,500 Derby fans and another 2,000 home fans so up to 11,000. I've always felt we need a capacity of between 10-12,000 to maximise income on games like this and give ourselves a chance of realising our potential of sustained League One and a push for the Championship. If the floating fan enjoys a game like this some will become regulars.
Of course, it's how do you fund it and get a return on your investment in a reasonable timescale. And that is why it doesn't happen. I know this argument has been done to death on here but this game highlights our shortcomings.

There is no real value in more seats at virtually every ground in the country. If we spent a couple of million quid solely on capacity at the moment, it would probably take about 20 odd years to recoup it through gate receipts. I would defy any person to show me any club model that could survive past ten minutes on a high capacity ground alone. Realistically speaking the object at this time remains the same. Get the East Stand built to as best standard we can, then pack it full of stuff that that generates revenue 365 days a year. Then as things progress look at options for other stands. 

Whilst gate receipts are important, for most clubs at a higher level they wouldn't hardly need to fill a single seat.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #26322 on: January 16, 2020, 12:15:46 pm »

I wonder what percentage of our turnover is gate receipts / match day income? I know most top clubs it’s a relatively small amount when you factor in all their other income particularly from Tv. I’d imagine at our level it’s considerable. So being able to maximise that is critical, however where do you get the finances to do it (other than selling off some land).
I’m sure when the stadium was built it was stated that the two ends could be increased at relatively lower costs due to how it was constructed etc. It’s not just seats though, it’s other potential sales, food, drink etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26323 on: January 16, 2020, 12:39:44 pm »

I wonder what percentage of our turnover is gate receipts / match day income? I know most top clubs it’s a relatively small amount when you factor in all their other income particularly from Tv. I’d imagine at our level it’s considerable. So being able to maximise that is critical, however where do you get the finances to do it (other than selling off some land).
I’m sure when the stadium was built it was stated that the two ends could be increased at relatively lower costs due to how it was constructed etc. It’s not just seats though, it’s other potential sales, food, drink etc.

Not sure, but this is a good piece from August 2018 that includes Leagues 1, 2 and the National League further down the piece.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

Quite a few Premier League clubs do not need to charge fans for attendance based on their income from other sources.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26324 on: January 16, 2020, 13:03:17 pm »

Just as a very crude comparison when talking about increasing attendance figures, the FA Cup Run has brought in over £650k now in additional revenue (before ticket sales for the games are taking into consideration)

To make that on matchday revenue we would have needed an additional 1500 fans through the turnstile for every one of our 23 league games this season.

I reckon that we get around £600k in revenue through season tickets (average price £250 x 2500), and around £700k through matchday tickets (2000 x average £15 x 23 games) other than S/T. So taking that it would be around a third of the clubs yearly income comes from ticket sales. Another third from the TV revenues and solidarity payments, with the final third through sponsorship and other revenues.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26325 on: January 16, 2020, 17:24:35 pm »

There is no real value in more seats at virtually every ground in the country. If we spent a couple of million quid solely on capacity at the moment, it would probably take about 20 odd years to recoup it through gate receipts. I would defy any person to show me any club model that could survive past ten minutes on a high capacity ground alone. Realistically speaking the object at this time remains the same. Get the East Stand built to as best standard we can, then pack it full of stuff that that generates revenue 365 days a year. Then as things progress look at options for other stands. 

Whilst gate receipts are important, for most clubs at a higher level they wouldn't hardly need to fill a single seat.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1968457-why-stadiums-are-increasingly-crucial-to-football-clubs-commercial-strategies
🥴
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26326 on: January 16, 2020, 17:43:30 pm »

You’ve got to build billion pound stadiums to fall into that league. Even then it is the every day commercial value of the stadium, opposed to match day seats.

I always think of the golf saying “drive for show, putt for dough”.

In football terms, that would definitely translate to “seats for show, everyday revenue for dough”.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26327 on: January 16, 2020, 18:24:49 pm »

Interesting read for those who can be bothered.
https://www.footballbenchmark.com/documents/files/public/blueprint-successful-stadium-development.pdf
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #26328 on: January 16, 2020, 19:27:04 pm »

Thanks. Interesting reading.
When you see the level of detail in the various discussion points, regarding styles of stadium, c factors etc and all the many many additional considerations it shows the vast complexity of achieving a good stadium.

Then on Saturday I’ll look at the carbuncle across the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #26329 on: January 16, 2020, 20:03:40 pm »

When are the Trust likely to release their statement I wonder ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #26330 on: January 16, 2020, 21:09:53 pm »

No need to over complicate this with guesstimates. The link is an interview on Australian radio with Dr Rob Wilson of Hallum University, Sheffield who is described as one of Britain’s top football finance analysts. An impartial opinion from an expert that should be considered in conjunction with the fact that our current owners have run up a debt of 5 million. A simple, short and sweet moment of clarity regarding the b0llocks that gets posted on here. https://omny.fm/shows/cameron-reddin/how-to-kill-a-134-year-old-football-club-the-death
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #26331 on: January 16, 2020, 21:43:08 pm »

In the frankly unlikely scenario that the main protagonists on here may be seriously interested in this topic, there’s a book available as well?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/041558180X/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_awdo_rvoiEbDVCQGEE
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3264

« Reply #26332 on: January 17, 2020, 04:58:03 am »

In summary of 26,440 postings, it would take about £10 million (from an individual or group of fans) to buy the club, clear the debt and finish the East Stand!

Plus you will need to invest in the team..................I won't hold my breath!

my investment will be in going to Orient, Macclesfield, Walsall..........................
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #26333 on: January 17, 2020, 07:37:53 am »

Tom Reed quoting it would cost just £100K to install the latest safe standing in the whole of the North Stand...

No brainer then surely?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #26334 on: January 17, 2020, 08:08:35 am »

Tom Reed quoting it would cost just £100K to install the latest safe standing in the whole of the North Stand...

No brainer then surely?

I really can't stand reading Tom Reed's self-important, passive-aggressive posturing in the Nenequirer stuff he writes. Take this little gem:

There seems to be a sticking point about a certain number of fans who have indicated that they would walk away from the club if safe standing was introduced to an area where they currently sit. You’d like to think that with the right compensation and education as to the benefits of safe standing, longstanding fans would continue their loyalty to the club in an alternative seat and let the club offer a fair choice of whether to stand or sit safely as they do to great success at the Saints.

Yes, those people that sit in the North who aren't in favour of safe standing (i.e. who don't agree with Tom) are clearly just ignorant and with the "right education" will see the error of their selfish opinions...  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26335 on: January 17, 2020, 09:25:17 am »

No brainer then surely?

What would be the benefit(s) of spending £100k to install something that doesn't increase capacity?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #26336 on: January 17, 2020, 09:33:44 am »

No brainer then surely?

Obviously because he says it so, then it must be correct(plus it is in the Nenquirer and they never let the truth get in the way of a good story). The guy is a self opinionated numpty.
Report Spam   Logged
slabtish

View Profile
« Reply #26337 on: January 17, 2020, 09:54:34 am »

the folk on here are obviously not self opiniated numpties like pro journalists, can i be the first to say that in less than a year a thread will start titled " where did all that fa cup money go to ?. Then all the blaming will start, the trust will get pompous and get on their high horse, and buckets will be shaken outside sixfields ! we are all powerless to stop this so we just yap on , love you all
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #26338 on: January 17, 2020, 10:01:11 am »

Any updates from The Trust?

Meeting with NTFC

The Trust is hoping for a meeting with NTFC officials within the next few weeks to learn more about the development opportunities at Sixfields. We will let you know once we have a meeting arranged, or otherwise.

East stand development

The board received an update on the status of the east stand develoopment on the back of a Freedom of Information application to Northampton Borough Council. A media release will follow shortly.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26339 on: January 17, 2020, 11:17:11 am »

I really can't stand reading Tom Reed's self-important, passive-aggressive posturing in the Nenequirer stuff he writes. Take this little gem:

Yes, those people that sit in the North who aren't in favour of safe standing (i.e. who don't agree with Tom) are clearly just ignorant and with the "right education" will see the error of their selfish opinions...  Roll Eyes

It is not about Tom Reed so why single him out for your spite?

https://twitter.com/standsixfields/status/829253533421682690

Let me add I prefer to sit but plenty of supporters would like safe-standing as is apparent from the results of the survey which seem to me to be sending a very clear signal.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: