The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:55:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820618 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #26340 on: January 17, 2020, 11:35:21 am »

It is not about Tom Reed so why single him out for your spite?

https://twitter.com/standsixfields/status/829253533421682690

Let me add I prefer to sit but plenty of supporters would like safe-standing as is apparent from the results of the survey which seem to me to be sending a very clear signal.

Well, it is actually, since he's one of the 4 listed contributors to that Twitter page. I was actually replying to this though, which pretty explicitly states it's about Tom Reed and is presumably referring to the article he wrote in the Nenequirer yesterday as it quotes the number he gave:

Tom Reed quoting it would cost just £100K to install the latest safe standing in the whole of the North Stand...

No brainer then surely?

Oh, and lies, damned lies and statistics... a pretty graph can be very convincing, but as someone has pointed out in the comment directly underneath the graph you've shared the link to, it actually represents a sample of people in favour that is equivalent to around 7% of our average home gate! I've no idea if that is reflective of the results garnered by the wider survey the club carried out, but in and of itself it really isn't a "clear signal".
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 11:40:53 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #26341 on: January 17, 2020, 11:45:34 am »

It'd cost more than whatever that numpty has quoted, as it won't increase capacity, and standing tickets should cost less than a seat.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26342 on: January 17, 2020, 12:03:02 pm »

Well, it is actually, since he's one of the 4 listed contributors to that Twitter page. I was actually replying to this though, which pretty explicitly states it's about Tom Reed and is presumably referring to the article he wrote in the Nenequirer yesterday as it quotes the number he gave:

Oh, and lies, damned lies and statistics... a pretty graph can be very convincing, but as someone has pointed out in the comment directly underneath the graph you've shared the link to, it actually represents a sample of people in favour that is equivalent to around 7% of our average home gate! I've no idea if that is reflective of the results garnered by the wider survey the club carried out, but in and of itself it really isn't a "clear signal".

Stop muddying the water.  The survey was carried out by the club and now, mysteriously, has been removed from its website.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #26343 on: January 17, 2020, 12:23:40 pm »

Stop muddying the water.  The survey was carried out by the club and now, mysteriously, has been removed from its website.

Sorry, hadn't noticed the link on the Tweet; that graph IS taken from the official survey. Bloody hell, I'd have thought they'd have got a better response than that from what must be a fairly lengthy mailing list. 529 respondents is pitiful and suggests that apathy reigns more than anything else.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26344 on: January 17, 2020, 13:18:58 pm »

Sorry, hadn't noticed the link on the Tweet; that graph IS taken from the official survey. Bloody hell, I'd have thought they'd have got a better response than that from what must be a fairly lengthy mailing list. 529 respondents is pitiful and suggests that apathy reigns more than anything else.

I believe that for that one they only surveyed the season ticket holders who reside in the North Stand...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26345 on: January 17, 2020, 13:36:08 pm »

If, as Deepcut thinks, the survey was of North Stand STHs the response from 529 supporters was unusually high as these things go and demonstrates high interest with 85% of that number in favour.  BOTN is approaching the issue with pre-conceived ideas and a personal antipathy towards an individual. Not a sound or sensible approach.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #26346 on: January 17, 2020, 13:43:21 pm »

I'm a North Stand back row season ticket holder & stated within the survey that I stand during the whole game but use my seat prior to kick off & at half time...

If I can still have my allocated "space" with a rail in front of me, to stand/lean against during the game, but my actual seat still available to flip down and use at other times then I'm more than happy...been in same seat since Sixfields opened & I ain't getting any younger, so appreciate the sit down during half time  Grin

This wasn't given as an option from the survey, just a case of do you want safe standing or not!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 13:58:26 pm by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #26347 on: January 17, 2020, 13:53:57 pm »

I believe that for that one they only surveyed the season ticket holders who reside in the North Stand...

Ah, in that case, it's a pretty respectable response rate.

It's a bit of an odd thing to do though - obviously existing season ticket holders in the North are the key stakeholders but you'd have thought they'd have asked the wider season ticket/supporter population if they'd be interested in using a safe standing area if there was one in the North.

If the first question was along the lines of "would you have any interest in using a safe standing area" you could always just ignore anyone who says "no" due to their "preconceived ideas" (as I clearly have  Roll Eyes) and then take the views onboard on the following questions from the remaining respondents.

Surely the idea of introducing safe standing is to attract additional supporters, not just about taking seats away...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 14:11:16 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26348 on: January 17, 2020, 14:21:59 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/october2/safe_standing_survey/

In October the survey was sent out only to the STH in the Sheinman Opticians Stand via email.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26349 on: January 17, 2020, 14:28:43 pm »

It’s all deflection away from the real issue which is the redevelopment and especially that fooking awful east stand.
If it’s about business case this make even less sense than finishing the east.
Most of the fans in the back of the north stand anyway, IMO a waste of money to put rail seating in.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26350 on: January 17, 2020, 14:49:20 pm »

It’s all deflection away from the real issue which is the redevelopment and especially that fooking awful east stand.
Most of the fans in the back of the north stand anyway, IMO a waste of money to put rail seating in.

I agree...
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26351 on: January 17, 2020, 15:02:42 pm »

I agree...

And so do I.

In which case we have to go back to our beloved owners for another round of guff dressed up as "progress". 
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26352 on: January 17, 2020, 16:45:56 pm »

In a nutshell..
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #26353 on: January 17, 2020, 17:46:17 pm »

I'm a north stand season ticket holder and I wasn't mailshot by the club, and I do have a question...
If it's only safe to stand with a rail during the game, why is there no restriction and it currently considered safe to stand without a rail before the game, at halftime and afterwards as we leave?
My suggestion for anybody who wants 'safe' standing in the North and at no extra cost to the club, is they should get on the season ticket waiting list for North row J or pretty much any row immediately behind the goal.
Safe standing rails might have their place at larger stadia but not behind the goals at Sixfields.

Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #26354 on: January 18, 2020, 11:42:09 am »

Why waste money on safe standing in the north , when all those that want to stand do so already
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #26355 on: January 19, 2020, 09:33:48 am »

Why waste money on safe standing in the north , when all those that want to stand do so already

The only realistic way to improve capacity and also to include standing is to put a 2nd tier on the Dave Bowen stand. Not sure if the rake of the terracing once the seats are removed would allow for this though?
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #26356 on: January 19, 2020, 13:24:35 pm »

Exactly, it is like buying a sofa for a room that has half a wall missing.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #26357 on: January 19, 2020, 13:36:30 pm »

There isn't any doubt that this topic is a smokescreen to detract from the East Stand.

But in my opinion, this must be pushed and it's good that Tom Reed and others are leading the charge. The club asked North Stand season ticket holders their thoughts and we have voted unanimously in favour of safe standing. Choosing to ignore that would be a big two fingers up to the supporters.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26358 on: January 20, 2020, 12:16:40 pm »

There isn't any doubt that this topic is a smokescreen to detract from the East Stand.

But in my opinion, this must be pushed and it's good that Tom Reed and others are leading the charge. The club asked North Stand season ticket holders their thoughts and we have voted unanimously in favour of safe standing. Choosing to ignore that would be a big two fingers up to the supporters.
KT would never do that mate  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #26359 on: January 20, 2020, 12:38:14 pm »

Safe standing doesn’t get my vote .
It’s a waste of money and time .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 [1318] 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: