The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:54:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819624 times)
Barty, Shoemender (+ 1 Hidden) and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #26380 on: January 24, 2020, 12:58:27 pm »

So, any update regarding this?
The meeting is provisionally arranged for the week of 3rd Feb

Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #26381 on: January 24, 2020, 13:26:59 pm »

The meeting is provisionally arranged for the week of 3rd Feb

Thank you
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26382 on: January 24, 2020, 14:05:32 pm »

For those anxiously seeking a detailed, crystal-clear update on development “progress” you need fret no more. "Progress" has been replaced with "conversations" (with NBC).  All you need to know is unambiguously contained in the Chairman’s interview with BBC Numpty yesterday evening.

The update on the East Stand begins at 23:40 mins.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07zkv46

And if you are wondering if we might see some construction activity soon draw your own conclusions.

Who needs the Trust when you have such clarity?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26383 on: January 24, 2020, 16:00:51 pm »

It’s quite embarrassing to listen to him bumbling through that interview, rarely finishing a sentence before starting a new one, changing the figures..the 167.000 tax bill changed to half a million, the ringfenced money was half gone before the end of the first season.
The football club has lost money for the last 25 years, the redevelopment can not be financially sustained by the football club itself....and so on. The architects have been in? No, Not exactly, well no not really.....

I’m struggling with the whole ‘land’ issue. Is he talking about the small portion that is under the clubs control, or the leases to the wider area, all the way to the tip and the top car parks?

Also the deals with the council...to allow them to recover some of the money lost? When did that come about? I didn’t think that this ownership was liable for the shambles of the last ownership.

Apparently he showed the council a bank account with £11m in it when he first took over....if that’s the case then why the subsequent loans through a shell company based in the British Virgin Islands?

Two deals went in, one knocked back and one still being discussed.....none of it makes much sense at all.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 17:24:19 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26384 on: January 24, 2020, 16:39:48 pm »

Complete joke, a master bullsh1ter at work, it’s so bad now it’s actually laughable.
I really don’t won’t to hear his voice again.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26385 on: January 25, 2020, 07:41:59 am »

For those anxiously seeking a detailed, crystal-clear update on development “progress” you need fret no more. "Progress" has been replaced with "conversations" (with NBC).  All you need to know is unambiguously contained in the Chairman’s interview with BBC Numpty yesterday evening.

The update on the East Stand begins at 23:40 mins.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07zkv46

And if you are wondering if we might see some construction activity soon draw your own conclusions.

Who needs the Trust when you have such clarity?

I have a couple of questions for you.

What response would you have liked him to give?

If our owners don't take ownership, who do you think should?

Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #26386 on: January 25, 2020, 07:51:16 am »

Who needs the Trust when you have Vintage pontificating on his keyboard but doing nothing!
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26387 on: January 25, 2020, 08:55:17 am »

I see you are back to running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. 

I think Manwork &,  especially, GPC gave a response to what they made of the “interview”. Why not ask them? 

As to your second question, I don’t follow what you asking?  I didn’t make any reference to owners taking ownership which is a meaningless comment from you in any event..
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #26388 on: January 25, 2020, 10:07:35 am »

So you were asked two incredibly simple questions and failed to answer and yet want people to listen to your opinions
Question 1. What is your opinion, not manwork or GPC but your opinion
Question 2. What on earth confused you? It was a very, very simple question
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26389 on: January 25, 2020, 10:41:43 am »

So you were asked two incredibly simple questions and failed to answer and yet want people to listen to your opinions
Question 1. What is your opinion, not manwork or GPC but your opinion
Question 2. What on earth confused you? It was a very, very simple question

Good to see the sites's Administrators collaberating! 

As to my opinion - see above beginning in or about 2016. 

As the second question since you are clever, please explain. 

PS.  Don't try the usual trick of trying to isolate individuals like me who have a different opinion on NTFC issues than your own.  You are doing the owners' work for them but I think they might be capable of looking after their own interests rather well.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26390 on: January 25, 2020, 11:05:18 am »

I see you are back to running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. 

I think Manwork &,  especially, GPC gave a response to what they made of the “interview”. Why not ask them? 

As to your second question, I don’t follow what you asking?  I didn’t make any reference to owners taking ownership which is a meaningless comment from you in any event..

You might get away with skulking in the shadows of the Trust as their puppet master. But when you’re challenged for answers you make KT look positivity candid.

You clearly sneer at KT's radio interview. So I’m asking what answers did you expect? Be a brave boy, get off the fence and actually call him a liar yourself. Rather than dancing around fine words and BS.

If you and the Trust don't want KT and DB to have the land. Who do you think should have it?

Because the last mention of the Trusts position, was a boastful stab at a club employee at the Park Inn hotel, that a millionaire was crying out to buy the club. A genuine employee whose concerns you laughed at.

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26391 on: January 25, 2020, 12:50:36 pm »

You might get away with skulking in the shadows of the Trust as their puppet master. But when you’re challenged for answers you make KT look positivity candid.

You clearly sneer at KT's radio interview. So I’m asking what answers did you expect? Be a brave boy, get off the fence and actually call him a liar yourself. Rather than dancing around fine words and BS.

If you and the Trust don't want KT and DB to have the land. Who do you think should have it?

Because the last mention of the Trusts position, was a boastful stab at a club employee at the Park Inn hotel, that a millionaire was crying out to buy the club. A genuine employee whose concerns you laughed at.

First, you should withdraw your final paragraph immediately because is factually wrong. No one at that meeting made any “boastful stab at a club employee”.  Stop making things up to fit your anti-Trust views.  It is as offensive as it is untrue. 

Second, the views I post are mine and mine alone. You need to stop equating my views with those of the Trust generally.  The Trust is a broad church and reflects a variety of views.  I am no more the Trust’s “puppet master” (what stupid and inflammatory language you use) than you are.  Perhaps, that is your problem - no one wants to hear or read your opinion.  How ironic that you of all people should accuse me of sitting on the fence when you have had splinters firmly embedded in your rear end for years.  Tosh as usual from you.

Third, there is no point in my repeating what GPC posted about his views on the BBC interview which views I share and have said so.

Fourth, I will add a couple of points GPC did not mention in his response to the interview.  KT in the BBC refers to the slow decision-making process in NBC but recognises due process has to be followed. I agree with KT on this. However, in the context of talking about delays he mentions the time it took NBC to come round to accepting and then dealing with the boundary issue between NTFC & CDNL.  At the time KT said that the resolution of the boundary issue was the only thing holding up completion of the East Stand.  The NBC Cabinet in June 2018 approved the correction of the boundary and submitted to KT immediately afterwards a legal document that corrected the situation.  So, what did KT do?  He declined to sign it and has never signed it to this day.  I wonder why.  KT bought NTFC for £1.00 on the understanding that the East Stand would be completed.  This was what the Council understood to have been the position reached and this is what supporters understood from KT’s media interviews in November 2015.   At the time he bought the club KT could not have known with any degree of certainty that he would get control of the CDNL leases/land but now he has moved the goalposts on supporters by making any works recommencing on the East Stand conditional on a wider development taking place.  In the interview KT says proof of funds of £11 million was shown to NBC (in 2015)!  Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.  The Council have said that there is nothing to prevent KT finishing the stand.  It all comes down to intent.  KT is endlessly dropping the name of NBC’s CEO into his superficial updates.  This is all part of the spin to try to paint a picture of high activity and seeking to add credence to what he is saying as though NBC's CEO is endorsing his every word.  The word “partnership” slips into his interviews regularly.  Ask yourself what partnership exists with the Council. NBC is the freeholder with legal obligations as a local authority arising from any disposal of the land and any change of use.  NBC is also the local planning authority, not KT’s partner.  I think you will find that the frequently used expression “progress” is a misnomer and that there has been little of that.   

Fifth, you are again making seriously misleading statements about the land and the Trust's position.  Read the Trust's published statements published on the subject.  The difficulty is extracting information so that a proper view can be taken.  All that is known is that CDNL is owned by NTFC and so through its control of CDNL has in turn ownership of the 2 leases.  What we don’t know is on what terms, if any, the shareholding was transferred.  A few simple questions – how will be future development gain be shared between NTFC and Ventures?  Another simple question – will the first £5 million of development gain be used to pay off the indebtedness (currently +£5 million) owing to a combination of Ventures and Belle de Jour Ltd?  One more -where will that leave NTFC and its supporters? I suggest you pause to think about these before pouring out your usual vitriol in my direction. 

Sixth, clearly you have an issue with the Trust.  I don’t thing it helps you to be making offensive comments about the Trust on this site.  It makes you look immature and like you have a big chip on your shoulder.  You know full well neither the Trust nor any of its directors is going to come onto this site and respond to you.  You know the players probably better than me so talk to them direct and if they  won’t take your call don’t blame it on me. 

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26392 on: January 25, 2020, 12:53:02 pm »

Can't help thinking that this is all getting a bit personal!

Whats the reason for TFAMY's falling out with the Trust? It seems you knock everything that is said.

I'm not defending the Trust at all, see my post a bit earlier in this thread, I don't really know what they are doing and stand for at the moment,

But someone has to say something, someone has to challenge the current impasse, and some people don't seem to believe every word that comes out of KT's mouth, We don't know the whole story, we never will, but then again why should we?

As i've said before it seems 90% of fans are happy to rock up to Sixfields once a fortnight and watch the team before going home again, that's it, that is their involvement and as long as they've got that then they're happy.

Its a challenge to question anything, its a challenge to get any momentum behind plans to change anything. But at the end of the day don't we all want whats best for the club in the short, medium and long term? We don't need to be fighting against each other......we're all Cobblers...ain't we?
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26393 on: January 25, 2020, 13:02:43 pm »

Can someone explain to me the legal mumbo jumbo behind the change in ownership in CDNL Northampton Limited.

Companies House does (at last) show the documents filed....this was done on Wednesday of this week, although these were signed off in November and December last year.

Kelvin Thomas and David Bower are no longer "persons with significant control" over the company called CDNL.

Northampton Town FC are now named as the "person" with significant control. Seeing as Thomas and Bower are the persons with significant control of NTFC what has changed here in all reality?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08589683/filing-history

If CDNL is a dormant company (as per the last filing of accounts) why not just transfer the leases into the Clubs name and close down CDNL? I assume the leaseholder is still CDNL rather than NTFC now?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 13:05:04 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26394 on: January 25, 2020, 13:25:05 pm »

Can someone explain to me the legal mumbo jumbo behind the change in ownership in CDNL Northampton Limited.

Companies House does (at last) show the documents filed....this was done on Wednesday of this week, although these were signed off in November and December last year.

Kelvin Thomas and David Bower are no longer "persons with significant control" over the company called CDNL.

Northampton Town FC are now named as the "person" with significant control. Seeing as Thomas and Bower are the persons with significant control of NTFC what has changed here in all reality?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08589683/filing-history

If CDNL is a dormant company (as per the last filing of accounts) why not just transfer the leases into the Clubs name and close down CDNL? I assume the leaseholder is still CDNL rather than NTFC now?

The PSC Register should have been updated within 28 days of the change of control.  KT said in his 9 October 2019 statement that the shares had been transferred within the past couple of months. So, the filing was out of time but done now.

What the PSC filing establishes is that the shares were transferred to NTFC.  I don’t think there was any doubt about this but it is there on the public record.

In terms of control nothing has changed since the same people control the football club. 

It makes good sense to keep the leases in CDNL as a separate legal entity. With development comes risk and if something went wrong the exposure is ring fenced and contained within CDNL.  Also a future sale of what is within CDNL is self contained and that much easier. That is a subject for another time. 

Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #26395 on: January 25, 2020, 13:48:16 pm »

The PSC Register should have been updated within 28 days of the change of control.  KT said in his 9 October 2019 statement that the shares had been transferred within the past couple of months. So, the filing was out of time but done now.

What the PSC filing establishes is that the shares were transferred to NTFC.  I don’t think there was any doubt about this but it is there on the public record.

In terms of control nothing has changed since the same people control the football club. 

It makes good sense to keep the leases in CDNL as a separate legal entity. With development comes risk and if something went wrong the exposure is ring fenced and contained within CDNL.  Also a future sale of what is within CDNL is self contained and that much easier. That is a subject for another time. 

Wouldn't have thought that building development is in NTFCs articles of incorporation either, so best to leave CDNL as a dormant co to take care of this side of things.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26396 on: January 25, 2020, 16:49:36 pm »

First, you should withdraw your final paragraph immediately because is factually wrong. No one at that meeting made any “boastful stab at a club employee”.  Stop making things up to fit your anti-Trust views.  It is as offensive as it is untrue. 

Fifth, you are again making seriously misleading statements about the land and the Trust's position. 

Sixth, clearly you have an issue with the Trust.  I don’t thing it helps you to be making offensive comments about the Trust on this site.  It makes you look immature and like you have a big chip on your shoulder.  You know full well neither the Trust nor any of its directors is going to come onto this site and respond to you.  You know the players probably better than me so talk to them direct and if they  won’t take your call don’t blame it on me. 

IMO It did look boastful when a prominent member of the Trust went on about having a millionaire in the background willing to sort it all out, in response to the club member of staff raising her concerns. Especially considering the meeting was supposed to promote community ownership.

I'm not going to address some other things that you have said because I believe them to be accurate and a fair reflection of the situation in terms of your view. I am referring to a lot of the fact finding that has been done. I have never argued once about a lot of good research work that is carried out by the trust and others on here. But I do have to defend certain things I have said. I believe that your constant attempts to label me has anti Trust, for asking for no more of them, other than to consult the membership, hypocrisy. I believe in not doing so, they are acting against the core value of the Trust and their own mission statement.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 06:02:48 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26397 on: January 25, 2020, 17:28:45 pm »

I'm not going to address som things that you have said because I believe them to be accurate and a fair reflection of the situation. But I do have to defend certain things I have said.

At the Park Inn you absolutely did turn around with a friend that was with you and laughed at the staff member when they reinforced their support for KT. I witnessed it not only personally, but a member of the Trust board also pointed it out to me.

On your fifth point. I have only stated that the Trust, in conjunction with your help/advice have made it clear about their suspicion around deals to do with the land. I have done nothing more than politely ask for what they believe should happen. I have asked (no sitting on the fence) that they publish minutes from their meetings with any council officials and the club, in line with their own mission statement. It is not an agenda, or a go at the good folk of the Trust. It is merely asking them to operate at a level of transparency above that of which we experience from the club.

On your sixth point. I simply don’t have an issue with the Trust. My concerns are around one point I have repeatedly made. The Trust has no mandate. It’s membership has remained stagnant for years. Attendances at meetings AGM's etc has dwindled to virtually nothing. With no recognised mandate, it serves as nothing more than a minor irritant to those that need to answering questions. It has the resources to generate a movement, if it genuinely has the conviction to test the feeling of the supporters. Yet once again it will get wiped out in a begged for meeting because it is perceived as a handful of guys who are anti club.

Some good points made Nigel,  the last bit, "anti-club"......is that what you think the Trust are? Or are they anti-regime? There is a difference. The Trust still seem to get involved with the club on certain things (sponsorship of the Ladies team being a recent one), but how do you think they should position themselves?

You've alluded to the fact that they may be sitting on a large amount of money, you mention that it should "generate a movement".....do you mean against the  current owners of the club? It seems that the relationship between Club and Trust (as in current owners) is beyond repair, so what do you think they should genuinely do?
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #26398 on: January 25, 2020, 17:31:08 pm »

I can’t wait for the juice to flow out of this FOI request that the trust have got hold of.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26399 on: January 25, 2020, 17:58:31 pm »

I'm not going to address som things that you have said because I believe them to be accurate and a fair reflection of the situation. But I do have to defend certain things I have said.

At the Park Inn you absolutely did turn around with a friend that was with you and laughed at the staff member when they reinforced their support for KT. I witnessed it not only personally, but a member of the Trust board also pointed it out to me.

On your fifth point. I have only stated that the Trust, in conjunction with your help/advice have made it clear about their suspicion around deals to do with the land. I have done nothing more than politely ask for what they believe should happen. I have asked (no sitting on the fence) that they publish minutes from their meetings with any council officials and the club, in line with their own mission statement. It is not an agenda, or a go at the good folk of the Trust. It is merely asking them to operate at a level of transparency above that of which we experience from the club.

On your sixth point. I simply don’t have an issue with the Trust. My concerns are around one point I have repeatedly made. The Trust has no mandate. It’s membership has remained stagnant for years. Attendances at meetings AGM's etc has dwindled to virtually nothing. With no recognised mandate, it serves as nothing more than a minor irritant to those that need to answering questions. It has the resources to generate a movement, if it genuinely has the conviction to test the feeling of the supporters. Yet once again it will get wiped out in a begged for meeting because it is perceived as a handful of guys who are anti club.

Be careful - you are walking on very thin ice and as an Administrator of this site you know the consequences.  You have contrived to convert the following:

into:

“At the Park Inn you absolutely did turn around with a friend that was with you and laughed at the staff member when they reinforced their support for KT. I witnessed it not only personally, but a member of the Trust board also pointed it out to me. “

Your comment is absolute trash, from the gutter and clearly defamatory.  I was sitting throughout between a well known supporter and a good friend who is a very eminent person in the medical field. We were in the second row on the right and so how on earth could you see whether I was laughing or crying or in fact just sitting and listening listening. Do you have eyes in the back or side of your head?  You are showing signs of being unbalanced.  Care to name the Trust director?

Your comments are equally derogatory of the Trust but that is a matter for the Trust but no doubt its directors are reading your comments.  As to you denying you have an issue with the Trust, you are clearly in denial. Take a look at you regular comments concerning the Trust and known individuals connected with it. 

Finally, you allege “I have stated that the Trust, in conjunction with your help/advice made it clear about their suspicion around deals to do with the land”.  How would you know what advice or help I may have given to the Trust or even what i have been asked to do? 

You need to withdraw unreservedly and without qualification your defamatory statements directed at me. Read this please as a serious warning. It is not something I do lightly. 
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: