The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:27:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821116 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #26840 on: June 15, 2020, 14:15:46 pm »

I agree. I'm not saying we've done brilliantly under KT's reign; if anything we've gone backwards on the pitch and no one is denying the lack of progress with the ground development is disappointing from a fan's perspective (even if it's understandable if you can take a step back and look at things objectively).

I don't think you can massively blame KT though.

Wilder going would have been a huge blow but we were never going to hold onto him. The managers that have followed may have been mostly poor/unpopular but I think, with the possible exception of Austin, they weren't cheap options either. KT & DB have backed their appointments too, giving them the funds to sign the players they want and even allowing extra funds to make almost wholesale changes when things have gone wrong. Our failure to stay in League 1 is often thrown in his face, but look at the money they splashed to try and keep us up. The fact that it didn't work backfired and left us with an unsustainable wage bill (particularly in the wake of the Chinese investment debacle, which I'll freely admit was an embarrassment) but they certainly rolled the dice in a bid to keep us up.

Off the pitch and away from the ground itself, the club is run in a much more professional way, the community initiatives have expanded and become something we can all be proud to be associated with, they've conducted themselves with integrity and decency throughout the current crisis and, in my opinion at least, the vast majority of fans seem pretty happy with KT's stewardship. I hear plenty of people sitting around me complaining about Curle (and indeed every other manager since Wilder!) but I've genuinely never heard so much as a whisper of complaint about the owners.

Is everything perfect? No, but we've made the playoffs, which I think was realistically the height of everyone's expectations this year, even if we've made them in a rather unconventional fashion! The recent statement from the council also gives the impression that there might finally be a bit of movement going on off the pitch so all in all, I think it's a pretty good time to be a Cobbler.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #26841 on: June 15, 2020, 14:56:46 pm »

Pressure building on Vintage to resign Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26842 on: June 15, 2020, 15:09:14 pm »

Just about hit the nail on the head there " BackOfThenet" You're correct about the Managers  and the redevelopment etc. I dont think that the board are always correct but there are not many football Chairman who get 100%  backing from the fans. I like all the extra that goes on on match days now, a big improvement in the last 5 years. I dont partake in most of them but im pleased to see it all happening. I,like alot of other people, am fed up with the constant putting down of the current Chairman and Board, its hard times out there and its a shame certain people are happy with endless put downs to pursue their own agendas.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26843 on: June 15, 2020, 15:44:50 pm »

Pressure building on Vintage to resign Grin

The only pressure on Vintage, is to accept that there is no such thing as direct polarity when it comes to this issue. The notion that you are either in bed with the Trust, or in bed with KT has been played out to it's adolescent extreme by some involved with the Trust and "some" on the Trust board.

I'm not convinced for one second that any of the sides involved, remotely possessed the altruistic qualities necessary to offer a fair and balanced perspective.

The amount of baggage on a certain plane, meant it would never leave the ground..

Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #26844 on: June 15, 2020, 19:31:04 pm »

I agree. I'm not saying we've done brilliantly under KT's reign; if anything we've gone backwards on the pitch and no one is denying the lack of progress with the ground development is disappointing from a fan's perspective (even if it's understandable if you can take a step back and look at things objectively).

I don't think you can massively blame KT though.

Wilder going would have been a huge blow but we were never going to hold onto him. The managers that have followed may have been mostly poor/unpopular but I think, with the possible exception of Austin, they weren't cheap options either. KT & DB have backed their appointments too, giving them the funds to sign the players they want and even allowing extra funds to make almost wholesale changes when things have gone wrong. Our failure to stay in League 1 is often thrown in his face, but look at the money they splashed to try and keep us up. The fact that it didn't work backfired and left us with an unsustainable wage bill (particularly in the wake of the Chinese investment debacle, which I'll freely admit was an embarrassment) but they certainly rolled the dice in a bid to keep us up.

Off the pitch and away from the ground itself, the club is run in a much more professional way, the community initiatives have expanded and become something we can all be proud to be associated with, they've conducted themselves with integrity and decency throughout the current crisis and, in my opinion at least, the vast majority of fans seem pretty happy with KT's stewardship. I hear plenty of people sitting around me complaining about Curle (and indeed every other manager since Wilder!) but I've genuinely never heard so much as a whisper of complaint about the owners.

Is everything perfect? No, but we've made the playoffs, which I think was realistically the height of everyone's expectations this year, even if we've made them in a rather unconventional fashion! The recent statement from the council also gives the impression that there might finally be a bit of movement going on off the pitch so all in all, I think it's a pretty good time to be a Cobbler.

I think you speak for the majority of the club's supporters, many of whom never visit this board and would certainly not bracket KT & DB with the Cardozas.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #26845 on: June 16, 2020, 15:25:26 pm »

Trust board update: June 2020

Play-offs v Cheltenham

We would like to wish the Cobblers players and staff every success in their upcoming play-off games against Cheltenham Town.

And we would also like to wish the Shoe Army an enjoyable time too, especially those who are cut out for the occasion as part of the Cobbler in the Crowd promotion.

Here’s hoping the team can get to get to Wembley and be in with a promotion shout to cap a campaign played to a finale in the most challenging of circumstances.

Good luck Cobblers!!

East stand development update

The Trust board met virtually to discuss the latest update regarding the east stand development.

We are cautiously optimistic that this is a big step in the right direction but the plan has not been shared with the Trust and we require more detail to ascertain whether any potential deal is in the best interests of the football club and the local taxpayer.

We will be submitting a Freedom of Information request to Northampton Borough Council and firmly believe that the town’s citizens are entitled to full disclosure of the proposal under discussion.

Face mask sales for charity

Face coverings are now mandatory for anyone using public transport in England and our popular claret-and-white face masks remain on sale via the Trust’s website.

If you are interested in purchasing a mask, they are priced £9.99 plus £1.50 postage and packing, with all profits going to Northamptonshire Health Charity in aid of the local NHS at Northampton General Hospital.

To purchase your facemask, please visit our website at the following link:- https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/claret-and-white-face-masks-for-sale

Club 500

Club 500 has doubled its membership since its re-launch.

Accordingly, monthly prizemoney has gone up with the first prize on offer now £250, second prize £100 and third prize £50.

If you are not already a member of Club 500, please consider signing up for just £5 a month and help boost Trust funds. The more people who take part the bigger the prize pot!

Details of the scheme can be found on our website – www.ntfctrust.co.uk – or you can contact promoter Roger Averill for details at rogeraverill1952@gmail.com

Community Ownership

The board has agreed a blueprint for community ownership at Northampton Town FC.

The campaign document was prepared by the Football Supporters’ Association (FSA) with submissions added by the Trust.

Once an amended and finalised document is received back from the FSA it will be sent out to Trust members for information and feedback.

NTFC 2018/19 accounts

As a shareholder of the football club, the Trust is in possession of Northampton Town Football Club’s full accounts for the year end June 2019.

We will be issuing a statement on the club’s accounts at the beginning of next month.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #26846 on: June 19, 2020, 13:03:07 pm »

I dont know if anyone has read the article in the athletic today. I dont read the thread, or forum that often as its just bickering mostly!

But it says that they have seen documents that outline the agreement re the stand and its not quite as simple as reported elsewhere, neither is it a 'sweetheart deal'. Could see both the club and council make a few million. The club will initially pay a nominal fee for an option on the lands freehold. This option will last for five years and it cannot be excercised until the stand is finished.  Once that is done the club can excercise an option for a further 500k but it must also pay for ground condition surveys to find out what they can put on the land. Some believe it to be amost worthless, apparently the owners think they can house warehouses.

To be honest I, like most others i would assume just want to see the stand finished. Can only hope it will start this summer.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26847 on: June 19, 2020, 14:30:38 pm »

I dont know if anyone has read the article in the athletic today. I dont read the thread, or forum that often as its just bickering mostly!

But it says that they have seen documents that outline the agreement re the stand and its not quite as simple as reported elsewhere, neither is it a 'sweetheart deal'. Could see both the club and council make a few million. The club will initially pay a nominal fee for an option on the lands freehold. This option will last for five years and it cannot be excercised until the stand is finished.  Once that is done the club can excercise an option for a further 500k but it must also pay for ground condition surveys to find out what they can put on the land. Some believe it to be amost worthless, apparently the owners think they can house warehouses.

To be honest I, like most others i would assume just want to see the stand finished. Can only hope it will start this summer.

If all that may be going on the land (subject to satisfactory surveys) are warehouses, I don't see the incentive to finish the stand!

"The Club" is already £6m in debt to its owners, chuck in another £3m for the stand, then the option fee and the surveys, you're looking at needing to make £10m before you're back to break even.

Sounds like it would be a bit of a gambel to splash out further, pay on the option and "hope" that something can be built on that land without further millions being needed to decontaminate it.

Plus, in the current economic climate, and the fact that warehouses are sprouting up already at J15a and near 16, is the demand there for more?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #26848 on: June 19, 2020, 15:02:36 pm »

If all that may be going on the land (subject to satisfactory surveys) are warehouses, I don't see the incentive to finish the stand!

"The Club" is already £6m in debt to its owners, chuck in another £3m for the stand, then the option fee and the surveys, you're looking at needing to make £10m before you're back to break even.

Sounds like it would be a bit of a gambel to splash out further, pay on the option and "hope" that something can be built on that land without further millions being needed to decontaminate it.

Plus, in the current economic climate, and the fact that warehouses are sprouting up already at J15a and near 16, is the demand there for more?

You make very good points and also possibly give some of the reasons why KT & Co. haven't finished the stand before now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #26849 on: June 19, 2020, 19:31:33 pm »

Good information, very interesting and does raise some questions.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #26850 on: July 01, 2020, 11:04:18 am »

Evidence against 30 people investigated over the disappearance of a £10.25m football club loan will be passed to prosecutors within months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-53234625
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26851 on: July 01, 2020, 11:41:45 am »

Evidence against 30 people investigated over the disappearance of a £10.25m football club loan will be passed to prosecutors within months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-53234625

I would imagine there will be a few shocks among those that are named.

Please just be careful what we all say on here. We don't need anymore grief from solicitors that we have already had. 
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26852 on: July 01, 2020, 14:20:46 pm »

It will be very interesting to see who the 30 are. But like Tel says, time will tell us who they are, without the need for any wild guesses.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #26853 on: July 01, 2020, 14:49:06 pm »

Was Clarence the dragon at Wembley the other night ??
Just saying....... Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #26854 on: July 01, 2020, 16:32:54 pm »

Was Clarence the dragon at Wembley the other night ??
Just saying....... Grin Grin

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #26855 on: July 01, 2020, 17:42:18 pm »

Off topic really, but I wonder how many pages this redev thread would be now if we used the exeweb platform!

I will leave it with you to discover how many posts per page they have...
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26856 on: July 02, 2020, 19:54:07 pm »

Off topic really, but I wonder how many pages this redev thread would be now if we used the exeweb platform!

I will leave it with you to discover how many posts per page they have...

We’d be about 4 times as many 😀
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #26857 on: July 20, 2020, 14:36:29 pm »

Northampton Town stand loan: £500k deal 'close'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-52977873

A deal to help complete a multi-million pound football stand at the centre of a long-running financial debacle has been proposed, the BBC has learned.

Northampton Town FC was originally loaned £10m from Northampton Borough Council to refurbish its East Stand - before work stalled in 2014.

The whereabouts of the money has since been subject to a police investigation.

A council spokesman said the sale of neighbouring development land for about £500,000 was being negotiated.

The club would be given an option to buy council-owned land next to Sixfields stadium, on condition the grandstand was finished.

The BBC understands this also includes a deadline of 31 July to sign the relevant paperwork.

The deal would would see the council sharing the proceeds of any subsequent development with the club.

A £3m cap on the cost of completing the stand was also likely to be part of the deal.

Northampton Town was originally loaned more than £10m to refurbish the stand and redevelop the land, but the contractors - Buckingham Group - left the site in 2014 because they were not paid.

Work resumed the following year but when payments still were not made the contractors downed tools again, putting the development company responsible for the project - 1st Land Ltd - into administration.

A spokesman for the club, which has since got new owners, told the BBC: "The overriding principle, as it always has been, is the development of the East Stand and that is an agreed point with Northampton Borough Council.

"In addition, NBC will need to demonstrate best value for any disposal of the freehold land, which is also accepted by the Football Club."

He said the club "does feel it has made progress" in discussions.

The "missing millions" have been subject to a four-and-a-half year police investigation which has cost the council £1m in legal fees and led to multiple arrests and files prepared on 30 suspects.

The BBC understands the proposal is to split the proceeds of the land development equally between the council and the football club.

A council spokesman confirmed discussions were taking place and said it had been "no secret" the football club was keen to develop the land, and had "put forward ideas for a number of possible development schemes".

He added: "Should a development deal progress, then the East Stand of the stadium absolutely must be built before any further development takes place, and any deal must deliver best value for the tax payer."

Anybody heard if the Council and NTFC are progressing a deal, which requires a signature by 31/7/20?

Anybody at the BBC prepared to follow up the initial story?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #26858 on: July 20, 2020, 22:01:07 pm »

What is the point? With this governments handling of the current crisis there will be no fans at matches for the the next season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #26859 on: July 21, 2020, 04:22:10 am »

What is the point? With this governments handling of the current crisis there will be no fans at matches for the the next season.
I'm looking to the long-term  future of the club not the next few months.

I suggest we see how supporters at the test games go in a few months time.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 [1343] 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: