The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 01:44:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 ... 2198   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1841088 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #27280 on: August 24, 2020, 14:59:05 pm »

BBS - sorry to disappoint you but my understanding is that there will be no discussion about the NTFC Sixfields situation at next month's Cabinet meeting.  
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27281 on: August 24, 2020, 15:05:30 pm »

Shoemaker - because the owners will not spend one pound of their own money finishing the East Stand. They will complete it only out of developments profits and at no direct cost to them unless they are confident of recovering that expenditure from development profits which translated means the gross proceeds of sales of plots of land behind the stand before there is any division of net profits with NBC. The Council are saying no way, do what you said you would do back in 2015. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #27282 on: August 24, 2020, 15:08:35 pm »

Shoemaker - because the owners will not spend one pound of their own money finishing the East Stand. They will complete it only out of developments profits and at no direct cost to them unless they are confident of recovering that expenditure from development profits which translated means the gross proceeds of sales of plots of land behind the stand before there is any division of net profits with NBC. The Council are saying no way, do what you said you would do back in 2015. 

That is not correct.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #27283 on: August 24, 2020, 15:09:11 pm »

BOTN - more than happy to engage in debate but looking back over your postings concerning the Trust your position is clear as is mine. We are poles apart.  Like others you appear to have an obsession about all things Trust. Why, I wonder.

I am not the Trust, a director of the Trust  or a spokesman for the Trust but I am a life member of the Trust and delighted to be one and support the Trust in its endeavours.  The endless attacks on the Trust from you and others on this site are tedious and unceasing at a time when the the focus of attention should be on the club's owners and where they are or are not on the subject matter of this thread.  You could be forgiven to thinking this thread is all about the Trust given the focus of attention it gets from KT's supporters.  All very unbalanced and jaundiced.  Like the inconvenient truth of where are owners are at with NBC the Trust is a useful diversion on which to vent frustrations.

To use your Trump analogy this is straight from his playbook - the accuser becomes the accused. The Trust is all to blame for the East Stand/redevelopment situation.  

Whatever.

On the subject of balance, here's the appraisal of the situation I wrote on here a while back. Read it if you like.

http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php/topic,19532.msg412455.html?PHPSESSID=79958ab7fe81b0892514938369f12f2a#msg412455

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #27284 on: August 24, 2020, 15:10:17 pm »

At the time of the MoU the larger parcel of land under CDNL wasn’t under the control of KT/DB.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27285 on: August 24, 2020, 15:21:15 pm »

That is not correct.
Can anyone on here give me a correct appraisal?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #27286 on: August 24, 2020, 15:22:41 pm »

Can anyone on here give me a correct appraisal?

My guess is, no.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27287 on: August 24, 2020, 15:35:29 pm »

That is not correct.

It is correct.  See the Trust open letter which followed its meeting with the Council.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #27288 on: August 24, 2020, 15:37:31 pm »

It is correct.  See the Trust open letter which followed its meeting with the Council.

Okay. If you interpret it that way.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27289 on: August 24, 2020, 15:43:18 pm »

Frankly it’s extremely unlikely that anyone is going to come along and gift the club 4 or 5 million to finish the stand. It will only get done if the redevelopment can be funded out of profits generated by gate receipts or player sales or something like a land deal. Development from profit at this point in time is not really feasible, so it will occur via a land sale or not at all. Not criticising anyone, not having a pop at any of the contributors on here, the Trust, the council or the owners. Just stating a fact, accept it and move forward or remain as we are? It’s option A or B, there is no C? We could always hang around until the next owners turn up, but they ultimately won’t be funding it out of their pocket either? That is unless we get a Jack Walker, Dave Whelan or Max Griggs, then we will be guaranteed a fairytale ending and live happily ever after?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27290 on: August 24, 2020, 15:43:50 pm »

It's not about interpretation but about fact.  This is what NBC told the Trust. Nearly 2 weeks later KT has not said anything to the contrary.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27291 on: August 24, 2020, 15:45:12 pm »

Whatever.

On the subject of balance, here's the appraisal of the situation I wrote on here a while back. Read it if you like.

http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php/topic,19532.msg412455.html?PHPSESSID=79958ab7fe81b0892514938369f12f2a#msg412455

It remains a valid appraisal... Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27292 on: August 24, 2020, 15:54:17 pm »

It's not about interpretation but about fact.  This is what NBC told the Trust. Nearly 2 weeks later KT has not said anything to the contrary.

Agreed, but KT and DB cannot be held to something that they 'said that they were going to do in 2015', in which all parties have subsequently agreed wasn't binding.  They may have been in a position to do it in 2015 however propping up a loss making organisation since, has probably taken that ability or willingness from them.  Especially when there is no possibility of gaining a viable profit from it.
Irrespective of how it looks to the outside world, would you?  I wouldn't.
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #27293 on: August 24, 2020, 15:54:50 pm »

WE HAVE WAITED FIVE YEARS TO SEE THE BROKEN PROMISES OF THE CHAIRMAN COME TO NOTHING.
The trust are doing what they were set up to do and that is hold the chairman’s feet to the fire, unfortunately this chairman doesn’t like it.
As I said before people on here criticising the trust should be ashamed of themselves, they are volunteers who are making sure we as a club get a fair deal.

We're all volunteers. None of us get paid for what we do around the actions of the Trust, the council, or indeed the club. I have never received any money for the things that I have asked KT, or the council, or indeed the Trust. But I have the luxury of acting unilaterally and only in my best interests. If I suddenly decide on a Sunday afternoon, that I am going to adopt a policy of fan ownership as a future goal, i'm not dragging along nearly a thousand people who have not subscribed to it at all.  

See... I don't have an issue with any Trust board member entering into a personal dialogue with the council or the club. Any of them could have done that free of criticism. What I cannot agree with, is deciding on something that affects the clubs attitude towards the trust, as well as affecting a lot of supporters attitude towards the Trust. In addition to that, it dictates future policy to any owner or outside observer. Yet has not been discussed and agreed with one single member external to the board.

I have no issue with "holding the clubs feet to the fire". I have an issue with the banner that it has been done under, and particularity with the fan ownership model being adopted.

You might recall, there was exceptionally poorly attended meeting held at the Moat House Hotel about fan ownership. This meeting was touted by the Trust board as a fact finding exercise and an opportunity for supporters to show up and be informed and ask questions. That for me was a totally appropriate embryonic stage of what should have unfolded as a democratic process. But no... It appears that very poorly attended meeting, in which nothing was decided, was in fact the gateway to a policy decision about the Trusts future stance.
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27294 on: August 24, 2020, 15:59:00 pm »

Vintage, with respect, it is about interpretation. As with every post on this subject, I feel I have to say that I am not aligned to either side in any way before I go any further. No agenda etc. etc.

You have stated as fact that the owners/club won't spend a £1 of their own money finishing the ES. The club have said openly that they are in agreement with NBC and the Trust that the stand must be finished before any further development. Therefore, they will have to spend their own money up front as there will be no 'development profits' to finance the build when it starts. If this comes to pass the club and/or its owners will be putting their own funds at risk for a likely significant period of time, even if that is in the hope/expectation of future profits.

The question is whether the club/owners' outlay is reimbursed out of gross proceeds or net profit from the development. This is subtly, but in my view crucially, different to your assertion that the owners won't spend a £1 of their own money. This point is well worth debating.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27295 on: August 24, 2020, 15:59:59 pm »

You would say that wouldn't you?!!

But it's past time to get over this Trust obsession. It is a distraction from the main event.  The Trust is doing what it can to safeguard the club and they are to be applauded for that. But it is time to focus on the club's owners and NBC.  For many of KT's followers on this site that is a big pill to swallow but swallow it they should.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27296 on: August 24, 2020, 16:09:44 pm »

The Trust have done everything that is reasonably practicable in investigating fan ownership. They have to considerable effort to host presentations from other fan owned clubs such as Exeter and the like, arranged public meetings and have had much debate regarding the subject. Arguably they could have canvassed the membership and even the wider support base to establish how many supported the principle and possibly how many would be prepared to invest in any endeavour, but that’s a minor technicality and hardly relevant is it? As the Trust have said, their primary role is to ask questions, just not of their own membership?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27297 on: August 24, 2020, 16:12:36 pm »

Claretparrot - thank you for your comment but the above is what this is what I posted at 16:08.  I hope this clarifies the position.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27298 on: August 24, 2020, 16:13:29 pm »

You would say that wouldn't you?!!

But it's past time to get over this Trust obsession. It is a distraction from the main event.  The Trust is doing what it can to safeguard the club and they are to be applauded for that. But it is time to focus on the club's owners and NBC.  For many of KT's followers on this site that is a big pill to swallow but swallow it they should.

You wouldn't say that though, we know that.
I have no axe to grind with the Trust or the club or NBC.
The Trust should be applauded for attempting to safeguard the club, but how they are going about it is not the way that I and probably many others would.  I cannot see them achieving a satisfactory resolution by continuing to follow their current path and modus operandi.  
If you step outside of your own one eyed Trust bubble and look at the situation objectively, you might see that for yourself.  
I will not hold my breath.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #27299 on: August 24, 2020, 16:22:43 pm »

You wouldn't say that though, we know that.
I have no axe to grind with the Trust or the club or NBC.
The Trust should be applauded for attempting to safeguard the club, but how they are going about it is not the way that I and probably many others would.  I cannot see them achieving a satisfactory resolution by continuing to follow their current path and modus operandi.  
If you step outside of your own one eyed Trust bubble and look at the situation objectively, you might see that for yourself.  
I will not hold my breath.
On

Then get involved in the Trust and find a better way or don't and stop sniping at them.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 ... 2198   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: