The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:13:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1823223 times)
Another Pedj and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest3264

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #27560 on: October 05, 2020, 06:04:14 am »

Requesting a disclosure of plans is fine, demanding timescales in the middle of a global pandemic is not. When will the pandemic end, what are the short, medium and long term financial impacts of the pandemic and how will that effect the revenue streams of any development? If the answer to any of these points is “don’t know” then the ability to answer the timescales with any degree of accuracy is minimal. Further to this as any full financial impact is almost certainly unknown, it is likely that any development plans and their financing will need to be significantly redesigned and restructured to accomodate changes in the local and possibly the national economy? Therefore in all probability, the disclosure of the current details of any plans and an indication of timescales are likely to be considerably different to the result of what will be reasonably achievable once the consequences of the global pandemic are known? This would make any announcements or presentations probably worthless and perhaps merely nothing more than an exercise in telling supporters exactly what they want to hear? Frustrating maybe, but nevertheless a fact.
What is the problem, Trump says the vaccine will be sorted by November....ha, ha!!!

The scientists hope progress by Easter next year but it will still take 3 months to roll out the vaccine.

This does not stop KT/DB and NBC setting up the contracts and informing Northamptonshire folks. Only then will they be in a position to press the button to get the 12 month build started. Be the start date 6/20, 12/20 or later?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27561 on: October 05, 2020, 07:10:41 am »

What is the problem, Trump says the vaccine will be sorted by November....ha, ha!!!

The scientist hope progress by Easter next year but it will still take 3 months to roll out the vaccine.

This does not stop KT/DB and NBC setting up the contracts and informing Northamptonshire folks. Only then will they be in a position to press the button to get the 12 month build started. Be the start date 6/20, 12/20 or later?
Fair enough, all I’m saying is they will need to add the caveat “subject to the impact of Covid 19 being fully ascertained”, which makes the exercise pointless?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #27562 on: October 05, 2020, 09:37:59 am »

Oven ready , like Boris' Brexit deal  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #27563 on: October 05, 2020, 09:51:54 am »

Oven ready , like Boris' Brexit deal  Grin

Who is your preferred leader el politico?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3359

« Reply #27564 on: October 05, 2020, 10:33:30 am »

The vast majority of Cobblers fans have been massively patient and supportive of KT/DB but now ALLthe cards need to be put on the table!

Is an agreement nearly completed with NBC?  If so when will we be told?

Show the supporters the plans of the development the club wish to proceed with!

As important what is the timescale? They have had over 4 years to put the paperwork and finances in place so when will fans hopefully see machines on site? 6 months, 2 years, another 4 years+ or never?

I have sat on my hands sooooooo long, waiting for our future as a club to be decided, I am sure they flattened to twice the size they were!

Somebody somewhere have the courtesy to include the Cobblers fans and Northampton electorate in the conversation!!!!

ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
Now the Trust are back on side then hopefully that will happen more. KT mentioned they had accepted their communication could be better. Also I've found KT very responsive when I have emailed him in the past so might be worth contacting him yourself. The more who contact him, the more he will know fans want to know more.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27565 on: October 07, 2020, 12:24:28 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-northampton-towns-shock-net-spend-over-10-years-compared-rochdale-and-gillingham-2995351

This will be interesting; Some will interpret this as a positive, some as a negative.  Go for it.... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #27566 on: October 07, 2020, 13:22:25 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-northampton-towns-shock-net-spend-over-10-years-compared-rochdale-and-gillingham-2995351

This will be interesting; Some will interpret this as a positive, some as a negative.  Go for it.... Grin

It's not very clear on what they've classed as "spend" though, is it? Having watched the Sunderland documentary on Netflix (it's brilliant by the way, if you haven't seen it) they were losing vast amounts of money every year, so not sure how their net spend is that far in negative!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27567 on: October 07, 2020, 13:49:42 pm »

Seems like net spend is in relation to transfer dealings only.....ie Wigan have raked in 30m more in sales than they've spent on purchases over the last 10 years? They had two £9m+ transfers in 2012/13 (N'Zogbia and Moses) whereas Sunderland have spent a lot more than they have got back so are actually negative in that respect.

We have seemingly spent less on purchases than we've raised by sales.... over the time frame we have the likes of Jacobs, Toney and more recently Crooks, Pierre and of course Goode.

As the vast majority of our transfers either way are undisclosed, then the actual amounts in this article must be based on a fair amount of guesswork.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27568 on: October 07, 2020, 15:23:48 pm »

Seems like net spend is in relation to transfer dealings only.....ie Wigan have raked in 30m more in sales than they've spent on purchases over the last 10 years? They had two £9m+ transfers in 2012/13 (N'Zogbia and Moses) whereas Sunderland have spent a lot more than they have got back so are actually negative in that respect.

We have seemingly spent less on purchases than we've raised by sales.... over the time frame we have the likes of Jacobs, Toney and more recently Crooks, Pierre and of course Goode.

As the vast majority of our transfers either way are undisclosed, then the actual amounts in this article must be based on a fair amount of guesswork.

GPC, that's the way I was reading it as well... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27569 on: October 13, 2020, 19:19:01 pm »

Didn’t know where to put this other than up my @rse obviously?

One of the Gillingham directors has resigned. I was having a quick look and checked the latest filed accounts submitted in March for (sorry that’s 2017- 2018). For those interested view the PDF and scroll down to page 9. Now imagine the column in bold in the context of Covid with the cost of sales relatively unchanged and the turnover figure more than halved? I’d say this figure was bang on average for most in the bottom 2 divisions, say no more?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00039175/filing-history

Slightly different disclosures for NTFC in June but there is enough to compare roughly? Interesting figure placed on Assets Under Construction?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00183917/filing-history

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 21:00:59 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #27570 on: October 14, 2020, 07:29:58 am »

Didn’t know where to put this other than up my @rse obviously?

One of the Gillingham directors has resigned. I was having a quick look and checked the latest filed accounts submitted in March for (sorry that’s 2017- 2018). For those interested view the PDF and scroll down to page 9. Now imagine the column in bold in the context of Covid with the cost of sales relatively unchanged and the turnover figure more than halved? I’d say this figure was bang on average for most in the bottom 2 divisions, say no more?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00039175/filing-history

Slightly different disclosures for NTFC in June but there is enough to compare roughly? Interesting figure placed on Assets Under Construction?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00183917/filing-history

quite difficult to compare one profit and loss account against no profit and loss account.

but yes, i think we all know the situation - clubs have no income so will be losing more money - its not rocket science.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #27571 on: October 14, 2020, 08:08:43 am »

quite difficult to compare one profit and loss account against no profit and loss account.

but yes, i think we all know the situation - clubs have no income so will be losing more money - its not rocket science.

Maybe Melbourne is trying to suggest that Gillingham's gung ho approach in this year's transfer window may well come back to haunt them?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27572 on: October 14, 2020, 08:14:36 am »

In our case we still have the season ticket income (3000 tickets at £250 average = £750k), we get extra income from the league solidarity payment (extra 250k) and the TV revenue package (extra 175k) in League 1, and we also sold our prize asset for a reported 7 figure sum. We are also getting some income from IFollow subscriptions. We don't have the costs involved with "hosting" games either. As far as I know sponsorship held up well, pitch boards, player sponsorship, matchday and match ball etc)

Balance that against the loss in gate money, and there isn't too much difference. (3000 tickets @ £16 average x 23 games= £1.1 million)

Of course not every club is as fortunate as we are.....and of course if we refund season ticket holders then we take a big hit......
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27573 on: October 14, 2020, 08:33:40 am »

In our case we still have the season ticket income (3000 tickets at £250 average = £750k), we get extra income from the league solidarity payment (extra 250k) and the TV revenue package (extra 175k) in League 1, and we also sold our prize asset for a reported 7 figure sum. We are also getting some income from IFollow subscriptions. We don't have the costs involved with "hosting" games either. As far as I know sponsorship held up well, pitch boards, player sponsorship, matchday and match ball etc)

Balance that against the loss in gate money, and there isn't too much difference. (3000 tickets @ £16 average x 23 games= £1.1 million)

Of course not every club is as fortunate as we are.....and of course if we refund season ticket holders then we take a big hit......
Thing is though GPC it’s not like clubs were operating at a profit prior to Covid? I would suggest sticking an extra million loss on a number of clubs balance sheet in the lower divisions is probably all it’s going to take?
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27574 on: October 14, 2020, 09:58:24 am »

In all honesty the NTFC accounts are on there because that’s all that was available? However, I thought the assets under construction figure was quite an interesting addition of note? Not that it’s totally clear what it’s referring too?
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27575 on: October 14, 2020, 11:46:41 am »

In all honesty the NTFC accounts are on there because that’s all that was available? However, I thought the assets under construction figure was quite an interesting addition of note? Not that it’s totally clear what it’s referring too?
The loan is a nice number to write down against your tax liability though.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27576 on: October 14, 2020, 15:18:39 pm »

Thing is though GPC it’s not like clubs were operating at a profit prior to Covid? I would suggest sticking an extra million loss on a number of clubs balance sheet in the lower divisions is probably all it’s going to take?

This is true....and in some cases Covid will only be the straw that breaks the camels back.....shouldn't hide away from the fact that any club who goes to the wall if indeed any do, will only do so because they were run badly/irresponsibly in the first place....
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27577 on: October 14, 2020, 20:25:31 pm »

Thing that’s surprising me is the lack of detail that’s in all of them? When you go back to the Cardoza era it’s even worse? When you do a similar exercise on our companies you can find out the colour of my underwear? I’m going to have to have a word with the accountant?
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #27578 on: October 14, 2020, 22:12:18 pm »

Maybe some clubs are gambling on a Premier payout of some kind and knew it would happen from day one .
I certainly don’t advocate that but I can see it happening elsewhere maybe
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27579 on: October 15, 2020, 05:36:39 am »

Maybe some clubs are gambling on a Premier payout of some kind and knew it would happen from day one .
I certainly don’t advocate that but I can see it happening elsewhere maybe

That is exactly why the PL clubs and the Government are reluctant/refusing to fund them.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: