The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:23:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820415 times)
tcobb, DustonCobbler, Tabasco Kid, RChurch, Manwork04 (+ 1 Hidden) and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27580 on: October 15, 2020, 09:23:47 am »

I have to laugh at some of the crude appraisals of the losses the club must be sustaining at the moment.

Taking into account this pandemic has part way straddled two seasons now. I would imagine that season ticket sales are down at least a bit. I also hear that sponsorship has been hit quite heavily. Match day packages, that account for a huge amount on the clubs income, have gone. Concourse food sales have gone. Any conferencing and daily use of the facilities has gone. This is all a major deficit and a huge hit on the clubs resources.

Those that sit by and scoff at the impact, are as deluded as those who think that the whole pandemic is being exaggerated. 

Let me just give a bit of insight into the impact this pandemic is and will have over the coming 12 months. Using a method that over the years has absolutely been the best barometer for me of significant change. I work in healthcare. Recruitment in healthcare, due to quite low wages for unqualified staff, is normally a nightmare. It can take months to employ cleaners, nursing assistants, kitchen staff, with huge bills for agencies across the board. In addition to this, there is another huge issue employing maintenance and gardeners etc. In the last weeks, I have lost count of the amount of people calling me, prepare to take significant pay cuts, just secure a job. They have either been made redundant, or are about to enter into consultation.

I would urge anyone that thinks of taking me to task on this, to keep your powder dry. If in 6 months I am miles wide of the mark, resurrect this post and you can happily have a field day with it. I would be the first to admit I got it wrong. But from what I see from the sector I work in, the sh#t has only just started to hit the fan. Perversely, it is because healthcare tends to thrive from an influx of workers at these times. But in my experience, it only means one thing.

All owners of lower league clubs are sending out the same message. This could change the landscape of lower league football for years to come, unless some sort of financial aid turns up pretty quick. Nobody should expect them to keep funding clubs through this mess, with no real light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. 
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27581 on: October 15, 2020, 13:59:25 pm »

I have to laugh at some of the crude appraisals of the losses the club must be sustaining at the moment.

Taking into account this pandemic has part way straddled two seasons now. I would imagine that season ticket sales are down at least a bit. I also hear that sponsorship has been hit quite heavily. Match day packages, that account for a huge amount on the clubs income, have gone. Concourse food sales have gone. Any conferencing and daily use of the facilities has gone. This is all a major deficit and a huge hit on the clubs resources.

Those that sit by and scoff at the impact, are as deluded as those who think that the whole pandemic is being exaggerated. 

Let me just give a bit of insight into the impact this pandemic is and will have over the coming 12 months. Using a method that over the years has absolutely been the best barometer for me of significant change. I work in healthcare. Recruitment in healthcare, due to quite low wages for unqualified staff, is normally a nightmare. It can take months to employ cleaners, nursing assistants, kitchen staff, with huge bills for agencies across the board. In addition to this, there is another huge issue employing maintenance and gardeners etc. In the last weeks, I have lost count of the amount of people calling me, prepare to take significant pay cuts, just secure a job. They have either been made redundant, or are about to enter into consultation.

I would urge anyone that thinks of taking me to task on this, to keep your powder dry. If in 6 months I am miles wide of the mark, resurrect this post and you can happily have a field day with it. I would be the first to admit I got it wrong. But from what I see from the sector I work in, the sh#t has only just started to hit the fan. Perversely, it is because healthcare tends to thrive from an influx of workers at these times. But in my experience, it only means one thing.

All owners of lower league clubs are sending out the same message. This could change the landscape of lower league football for years to come, unless some sort of financial aid turns up pretty quick. Nobody should expect them to keep funding clubs through this mess, with no real light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. 

In your opinion, will any No Deal Brexit make it better or worse for lower league clubs? No one seems to even be talking about a subject that a year ago was the hottest topic.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27582 on: October 15, 2020, 18:00:47 pm »

In your opinion, will any No Deal Brexit make it better or worse for lower league clubs? No one seems to even be talking about a subject that a year ago was the hottest topic.

As an apolitical person I have no view
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #27583 on: October 15, 2020, 20:54:01 pm »

It was the potential economic repercussions I am unsure about.  Is the Bosman rule effected for example? 
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27584 on: October 15, 2020, 21:07:37 pm »

Kelvin Thomas has spoken about around 45% down on turnover? It doesn’t matter too much so let’s say about half? Turnover is 4 million and they were losing a million a season. Therefore they are now losing around 3 million a season (2.6 million at 40%). If that’s typical then I would gestimate that over half the clubs in the lower divisions will stop paying wages before Xmas? Even the bailout figures don’t seem to be the answer? This really could be the end of the lower leagues as we know them and it isn’t just a result of Covid either? Derek Dreamer fan demanding success + Johnny Deep Pockets on an ego trip + Brian Brainless bureaucrat running the show + Covid = ?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 21:17:15 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27585 on: October 15, 2020, 21:39:34 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27586 on: October 16, 2020, 07:46:49 am »

Kelvin Thomas has spoken about around 45% down on turnover? It doesn’t matter too much so let’s say about half? Turnover is 4 million and they were losing a million a season. Therefore they are now losing around 3 million a season (2.6 million at 40%). If that’s typical then I would gestimate that over half the clubs in the lower divisions will stop paying wages before Xmas? Even the bailout figures don’t seem to be the answer? This really could be the end of the lower leagues as we know them and it isn’t just a result of Covid either? Derek Dreamer fan demanding success + Johnny Deep Pockets on an ego trip + Brian Brainless bureaucrat running the show + Covid = ?
We're all doomed ... doomed I tell ye ...
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27587 on: October 16, 2020, 08:32:23 am »

It was the potential economic repercussions I am unsure about.  Is the Bosman rule effected for example? 

Surely you mean "affected".
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #27588 on: October 16, 2020, 08:40:24 am »

Yes, its an EU rule so will no longer apply, unless we adopt it which I seriously doubt. Any non British player will require a work permit. Probably wont impact many lower league clubs therefore.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27589 on: October 16, 2020, 09:13:20 am »

We're all doomed ... doomed I tell ye ...
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27590 on: October 16, 2020, 10:02:59 am »

They don’t make EM like that anymore Melly.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #27591 on: October 16, 2020, 14:15:32 pm »

Surely you mean "affected".
just at this moment infected seems more apt.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #27592 on: October 16, 2020, 14:17:16 pm »

Yes, its an EU rule so will no longer apply, unless we adopt it which I seriously doubt. Any non British player will require a work permit. Probably wont impact many lower league clubs therefore.
Thanks for the answer. It could have a knock on effect though. Any demand for more home grown talent pushing up transfer values?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27593 on: October 16, 2020, 15:48:48 pm »

just at this moment infected seems more apt.

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #27594 on: October 16, 2020, 20:04:19 pm »

It is a done-deal. The east stand will be a beacon for other clubs to aspire to. The bar has been set. Kelvin and his john-thomas can rest assured, there are billions resting beneath the car parks and the athletic fields and the methane-infested quagmires. We need more like him, investing in hope, in smelly gases, in greenies, they are the future, they were the past. God bless the capitalist scum.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27595 on: October 16, 2020, 21:52:45 pm »

God bless the capitalist scum.
I’m always a bit wary of double entendres, is that a compliment or an insult?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #27596 on: October 16, 2020, 22:20:22 pm »

I’m always a bit wary of double entendres, is that a compliment or an insult?

Yes.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27597 on: October 17, 2020, 00:22:05 am »

Yes.
Thought so, thanks for confirming.
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27598 on: November 11, 2020, 13:33:49 pm »

Evers thinks that the Oxford City thread should be closed...as we have moved on!

So, moving on... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27599 on: November 11, 2020, 15:20:01 pm »

Evers thinks that the Oxford City thread should be closed...as we have moved on!

So, moving on... Grin

Bump! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: