The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:24:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820890 times)
coboz and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27720 on: December 03, 2020, 19:25:14 pm »

Not really that much of a mystery really. The club turns over 4 million give or take and loses around a million a year so it roughly needs 5 million turnover to break even assuming all of the overhead is covered and there are no cost of sale associated with the additional million? I seem to remember that KT has stated that revenue will be down by around 50% so that equates to a 2 million additional loss plus the million we lose anyway equates to 3 million. It’s true to say that we have reduced some of the overhead and we did sell Charlie Goode but if our financial performance was about average across Division 1 and 2 combined then the total amount needed to cover the total losses in the 2 Divisions would be 144 million? Hopefully fans returning may help a bit too, so you can adjust some of the assumptions and play around with the figures but on any reasonable calculation you won’t get anywhere near covering the total losses with any likely deal that’s struck? Don’t get me wrong, it will help and will hopefully be stay of execution for some clubs. However if anyone is thinking this returns everyone to square one and its now business as usual they are on drugs. Lower league football is right in the 5h1t and this is half a wet wipe IMO.

I do love a genuine voice of reason. Someone who posts with no bias or agenda, merely covers the facts. Well done Melbourne..
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #27721 on: December 03, 2020, 20:27:36 pm »

Not really that much of a mystery really. The club turns over 4 million give or take and loses around a million a year so it roughly needs 5 million turnover to break even assuming all of the overhead is covered and there are no cost of sale associated with the additional million? I seem to remember that KT has stated that revenue will be down by around 50% so that equates to a 2 million additional loss plus the million we lose anyway equates to 3 million. It’s true to say that we have reduced some of the overhead and we did sell Charlie Goode but if our financial performance was about average across Division 1 and 2 combined then the total amount needed to cover the total losses in the 2 Divisions would be 144 million? Hopefully fans returning may help a bit too, so you can adjust some of the assumptions and play around with the figures but on any reasonable calculation you won’t get anywhere near covering the total losses with any likely deal that’s struck? Don’t get me wrong, it will help and will hopefully be stay of execution for some clubs. However if anyone is thinking this returns everyone to square one and its now business as usual they are on drugs. Lower league football is right in the 5h1t and this is half a wet wipe IMO.
Do you mean they've been in charge five years and are five million down Melbourne, or do the figures suggest they actually lose a million each year? Genuine question.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27722 on: December 03, 2020, 20:31:15 pm »

Typically they do lose around a million a year. Last year Charlie Goode would have offset that though. They are only generalised figures, the point is it doesn’t matter how anyone interprets or spins it the losses this year will be huge and any deal won’t cover half of it for most clubs.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 20:52:04 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #27723 on: December 03, 2020, 20:55:56 pm »

As we are not shown the books we can't really say. MC and others have had a good go at estimating from limited data. I would say;
1. The distinct impression I have is that we have been very careful with expenditure with regard to investment in the squad this close season so the losses may well not be as large on an on going basis as in the recent past. We haven't sacked a manager and his team in ages !
2. If club's really wanted to they could open their books to public view more.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27724 on: December 03, 2020, 21:17:50 pm »

As we are not shown the books we can't really say. MC and others have had a good go at estimating from limited data. I would say;
1. The distinct impression I have is that we have been very careful with expenditure with regard to investment in the squad this close season so the losses may well not be as large on an on going basis as in the recent past. We haven't sacked a manager and his team in ages !
2. If club's really wanted to they could open their books to public view more.

That would really increase the post count on here... Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27725 on: December 03, 2020, 21:20:26 pm »

Typically they do lose around a million a year. Last year Charlie Goode would have offset that though. They are only generalised figures, the point is it doesn’t matter how anyone interprets or spins it the losses this year will be huge and any deal won’t cover half of it for most clubs.
Perhaps we should ask the chairman why we rack up £5m debt just to tread water?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #27726 on: December 03, 2020, 22:27:22 pm »

With promotion, then relegation, then promotion again, i would say that with a £5m debt, instead of treading water, the club is just bobbing up and down a bit. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27727 on: December 03, 2020, 22:36:16 pm »

Perhaps we could level that question at a plethora of clubs..
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #27728 on: December 04, 2020, 04:49:40 am »

It is because KT and DB do not have your superb business acumen, in your simplistic hypothetical world, from your keyboard !
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27729 on: December 04, 2020, 07:05:51 am »

It is because KT and DB do not have your superb business acumen, in your simplistic hypothetical world, from your keyboard !
The first part is true, it’s definitely not simplistic, BUT the facts are we find ourselves £5m in debt and this was with KT at the helm, he’s made some very questionable decisions and that’s why we are where we are.
I fully except there are clubs worse off and also in a better situation than ourselves but be be honest I only care about NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3355

« Reply #27730 on: December 07, 2020, 01:48:44 am »

Holy hell this is boring now.

Still the same people arguing the same arguments.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27731 on: December 07, 2020, 06:44:12 am »

Holy hell this is boring now.

Still the same people arguing the same arguments.
Name one thread that isn’t? Come to think of it the same accusation could be levelled at me and the missus? Looking on the bright side, at least on here I stand half a chance of winning the odd one or two?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:47:49 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #27732 on: December 07, 2020, 07:21:45 am »

Name one thread that isn’t? Come to think of it the same accusation could be levelled at me and the missus? Looking on the bright side, at least on here I stand half a chance of winning the odd one or two?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #27733 on: December 07, 2020, 07:22:54 am »

Grin

Arguing with a woman is like reading the license agreement of a software package, just scroll to the end and agree.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27734 on: December 07, 2020, 08:17:38 am »

Grin

Arguing with a woman is like reading the license agreement of a software package, just scroll to the end and agree.

Grin  Said Swiss Tony... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27735 on: December 07, 2020, 10:00:14 am »

Grin  Said Swiss Tony... Wink
Ah my hero, the used car industry’s silver tongued cavalier!
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #27736 on: January 27, 2021, 20:07:29 pm »

I see the KPMG audit report into the council handling of the loan has finally been released. I've not had a chance to read it yet but if the edited highlights the Chron are churning out are indicative of anything they've managed to spend years reaching conclusions the rest of us reached years ago. So far zero new information included in the Chron snippets!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3419

« Reply #27737 on: January 28, 2021, 05:33:02 am »

When' oh when, will we get the decisions from the Police and CPS?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #27738 on: January 28, 2021, 05:51:37 am »

This investigation by both the police and auditors is a joke .
How many reports do you need before names are named and the parasites are shamed .
The council are surely playing for time so that they can distance themselves at everyone’s expense and the police are taking far too long on this matter .
It’s nothing short of a gravy train and meanwhile the guilty are living their lives , enjoying the benefits .
if it goes on much longer , some of these charlatans will be dead of old age .
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27739 on: January 28, 2021, 07:09:58 am »

This investigation by both the police and auditors is a joke .
How many reports do you need before names are named and the parasites are shamed .
The council are surely playing for time so that they can distance themselves at everyone’s expense and the police are taking far too long on this matter .
It’s nothing short of a gravy train and meanwhile the guilty are living their lives , enjoying the benefits .
if it goes on much longer , some of these charlatans will be dead of old age .

You're last line could be near the truth of the intention?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 [1387] 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: