The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 21:33:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 [1392] 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842470 times)
Tom and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27820 on: March 05, 2021, 20:41:03 pm »

A comment from Lord Greenhalgh was most pertinent regarding this issue.

“ My Lords, there are plenty of examples of investment in community sport infrastructure by local authorities and a lot of them make sense. What does not make sense is the pursuit entirely for commercial income. We saw in the London Borough of Croydon the investment in the Croydon Park Hotel, for instance. Another example is the Robin Hood Energy company in Nottingham, where there was an overreliance on commercial income to balance the books.”

If anyone wants to know how or rather who needs to finish the East Stand, everything you need to know is right there.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3086

« Reply #27821 on: March 05, 2021, 20:55:11 pm »

Kelvin Thomas and his mate need to finish the East Stand. That is who.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27822 on: March 05, 2021, 21:07:35 pm »

Kelvin Thomas and his mate need to finish the East Stand. That is who.
Using what commercial justification, or are you suggesting they should donate the money?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3086

« Reply #27823 on: March 05, 2021, 21:10:20 pm »

Using what commercial justification, or are you suggesting they should donate the money?

Because when they bought the club for naff all, that is what they promised. The past is a foreign country.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27824 on: March 05, 2021, 21:12:53 pm »

Because when they bought the club for naff all, that is what they promised. The past is a foreign country.
Good luck with that angle, I wouldn’t live in hope though if I were you?
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27825 on: March 05, 2021, 21:17:52 pm »

To clarify when you say “naff all” is the circa projected debt of 8-9 million at the end of this season excluded from that consideration? Or do you view this as irrelevant or a misrepresentation of the financial position along with a misleading condition of purchase?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 21:19:52 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #27826 on: March 05, 2021, 21:19:12 pm »

I don't expect him to finish it, I just think he should. The East Stand project is dead. I believe NTFC will eventually play in an entirely different stadium long after he has gone. If the new West Northants mob give him planning permission to build a pre-fabricated warehouse or two it will be purely political.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #27827 on: March 05, 2021, 21:21:41 pm »

To clarify when you say “naff all” is the circa projected debt of 8-9 million at the end of this season excluded from that consideration? Or do you view this as irrelevant or a misrepresentation of the financial position along with a misleading condition of purchase?

The debt has nothing to do with what he paid for the club. He/they have run up the debt through incompetence and misfortune.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #27828 on: March 05, 2021, 22:17:56 pm »

I don't expect him to finish it, I just think he should. The East Stand project is dead. I believe NTFC will eventually play in an entirely different stadium long after he has gone. If the new West Northants mob give him planning permission to build a pre-fabricated warehouse or two it will be purely political.

Making Thomas responsible for the unfinished East Stand is one hell of a stretch.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27829 on: March 05, 2021, 22:33:19 pm »

The debt has nothing to do with what he paid for the club. He/they have run up the debt through incompetence and misfortune.
So irrelevant then, thanks for clarifying.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27830 on: March 05, 2021, 22:52:14 pm »

So the expectation of some is that 8-9 million over 6 years is not enough to constitute adequate financial support of the club? Apparently there is a need to spend that money wisely and in addition a need to chuck 3 million or so plus developing a ground you can’t fill with no prospect of getting your money back? All on a league 2 club about to go bust at the point of purchase? I say this not to mock or belittle, it is more in an attempt to illustrate the challenge involved in attracting owners/investors to the club? If you look at the experience of Kelvin Thomas & Co, the position of the club excluding Covid, and the regard he is held in by some of the support base you would have to seriously question why anyone would involve themselves? If you believe the best thing for this club is for the current owners to go then fine, what comes after that? The point is at some point Kelvin will be going whether we want him to or not? What happens then? The Trust has put a survey up on their site asking the very same questions around the future? I would encourage everyone to get involved in this process because at the very least it would indicate the appetite for future proposals? Whatever your view the best time to deal with this is now, not when we are in the midst of the next crisis which is probably coming at some point? If their are serious repercussions following Covid then there may be a silver lining in that it instigates a catalyst for change? Seriously what road do we want the club to go down regarding this or don’t we care? Or perhaps it’s fingers crossed that a billionaire with cash to burn rocks up to indulge our every whim?
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27831 on: March 19, 2021, 10:28:51 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/politics/northampton-councillors-who-were-cabinet-members-at-time-of-cobblers-ps135m-loan-hit-back-at-criticism-over-acceptance-of-prestigious-honours-3171245

"However, it highlighted that cabinet members did not challenge the award of the loan and said cabinet members were not aware of some of the detail of the loan, including a clause that meant £5 million did not need to be paid back by the club."  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27832 on: March 19, 2021, 10:55:40 am »

So the expectation of some is that 8-9 million over 6 years is not enough to constitute adequate financial support of the club? Apparently there is a need to spend that money wisely and in addition a need to chuck 3 million or so plus developing a ground you can’t fill with no prospect of getting your money back? All on a league 2 club about to go bust at the point of purchase? I say this not to mock or belittle, it is more in an attempt to illustrate the challenge involved in attracting owners/investors to the club? If you look at the experience of Kelvin Thomas & Co, the position of the club excluding Covid, and the regard he is held in by some of the support base you would have to seriously question why anyone would involve themselves? If you believe the best thing for this club is for the current owners to go then fine, what comes after that? The point is at some point Kelvin will be going whether we want him to or not? What happens then? The Trust has put a survey up on their site asking the very same questions around the future? I would encourage everyone to get involved in this process because at the very least it would indicate the appetite for future proposals? Whatever your view the best time to deal with this is now, not when we are in the midst of the next crisis which is probably coming at some point? If their are serious repercussions following Covid then there may be a silver lining in that it instigates a catalyst for change? Seriously what road do we want the club to go down regarding this or don’t we care? Or perhaps it’s fingers crossed that a billionaire with cash to burn rocks up to indulge our every whim?
I have to take you to task over one or two points there buddy, £8-9m was invested on the back of the Chinese “secret money” I’ll leave it there and let people make up there own mind about the moneys that allegedly changed hands as reported in the Guardian newspaper. To constantly witter on about the precipice we would fall off if KT and the sunshine band left is simply scaremongering, because there are people out there who would be interested at a sensible asking price.
I agree everyone should get involved with the Trust as they are the official “voice” of the fan base.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #27833 on: March 19, 2021, 14:57:14 pm »

” I’ll leave it there and let people make up there own mind about the moneys that allegedly changed hands as reported in the Guardian newspaper.
I agree everyone should get involved with the Trust as they are the official “voice” of the fan base.
I am stunned that you read The Guardian.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27834 on: March 19, 2021, 17:02:04 pm »

I sometimes do, it gives me a small amount of pleasure from the endless moaning of the left about, well everything really and it’s all Boris’s fault. 😀
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27835 on: March 19, 2021, 18:36:45 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/politics/northampton-councillors-who-were-cabinet-members-at-time-of-cobblers-ps135m-loan-hit-back-at-criticism-over-acceptance-of-prestigious-honours-3171245

"However, it highlighted that cabinet members did not challenge the award of the loan and said cabinet members were not aware of some of the detail of the loan, including a clause that meant £5 million did not need to be paid back by the club."  Shocked
When you are at the top of an organisation your job is to make sure everyone else does their job? Some worthless gong isn’t going to rebuild these 2 gentlemen’s reputation in many peoples eyes, despite what they may think? My personal view is that their decision to accept this award simply confirms what I knew about them already.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27836 on: March 19, 2021, 18:41:59 pm »

I have to take you to task over one or two points there buddy, £8-9m was invested on the back of the Chinese “secret money” I’ll leave it there and let people make up there own mind about the moneys that allegedly changed hands as reported in the Guardian newspaper. To constantly witter on about the precipice we would fall off if KT and the sunshine band left is simply scaremongering, because there are people out there who would be interested at a sensible asking price.
The money was still spunked on the club though Manny, despite where it may have come from? Do you know much about any people interested in the club mate? If so is their interest one of investment, pastime or both?
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27837 on: March 19, 2021, 18:56:59 pm »

Apparently The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country?

Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27838 on: March 19, 2021, 21:59:21 pm »

There is a rather concerning aspect to this for any investor. There have been comparisons drawn between us and Swindon on this thread.

During Swindons Div 2 title winning season of 2019/20 their average attendance was listed as 7,878 and the population according to census for the borough was 222,000. That equates to a return of 35 attendees for every 1,000 people.

During Northamptons Div 2 title winning season of 2015/20 their average attendance was listed as 5,279 and the population according to census for the borough was 220,000. That equates to a return of 24 attendees for every 1,000 people.

Discuss.

Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #27839 on: March 19, 2021, 22:16:51 pm »

There is a rather concerning aspect to this for any investor. There have been comparisons drawn between us and Swindon on this thread.

During Swindons Div 2 title winning season of 2019/20 their average attendance was listed as 7,878 and the population according to census for the borough was 222,000. That equates to a return of 35 attendees for every 1,000 people.

During Northamptons Div 2 title winning season of 2015/20 their average attendance was listed as 5,279 and the population according to census for the borough was 220,000. That equates to a return of 24 attendees for every 1,000 people.

Discuss.

Commonly known as the 'R' number. The proportion of folk per 1000 that are infected by relegation.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 [1392] 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: