The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 13:03:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 [1398] 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1841829 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #27940 on: April 11, 2021, 10:14:15 am »

You can't blame KT on the back of one performance BUT......
I said (to myself Grin) lets see how KT reacts to a second chance at being in League 1, DC was always desperate to be there but on the evidence (or fact if like) of this season KT really is not bothered.

Good chance we will finish bottom and lowest scorers by a long way.

Surely that is a very clear sign to the fence sitters that KT, other than pay the bills, is not ever ever ever going to take us forward.

I am still fuming that our real loyal, dedicated fans accepted it when KT said our club is not worth developing. WTF!!!  We are destined to be League 2 or lower for the next 50 years REALLY Huh?

I don't care in the short about the East stand but we have to start developing an actual plan of how we are going to change. The main reason I blame KT and not the managers and coaches so much is our reputation within football. Other than money and location why as a professional football would you choice to play for us?  and thats the problem, to attract players we pay through the nose, causing bigger loses than we should have, which means we cut costs elsewhere, we means everything else is poor, resulting in having to pay even more to get some players. and the circle gets smaller and smaller.

We have nothing to offer, nothing, very poor facilities, poor ground, no training ground and owners who ain't in the country and are not mega wealthy and not interested in making the club successful. Its why the part-time fans ain't interested and why we can't afford or attract even half decent players.

Is this what you lot on here really want from your club?  Really ?

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #27941 on: April 11, 2021, 10:47:11 am »

You can't blame KT on the back of one performance BUT......
I said (to myself Grin) lets see how KT reacts to a second chance.....

Surely that is a very clear sign to the fence sitters that KT, other than pay the bills, is not ever ever ever going to take us forward.

I am still fuming that our real loyal, dedicated fans accepted it when KT said our club is not worth developing. WTF!!!  We are destined to be League 2 or lower for the next 50 years REALLY

Some rhetoric implied here!  I do wonder if you have any business acumen at all. We simply do not have the funds available now to develop us as a club as COVID has seen to that. The long and short of it is most Cobblers fans just prefer to have a league club to support. If you attend away games fans and chat to them you will soon realise that the outspoken experts on here are very much in the minority. It’s just a simple fact. The current two main board directors are business men hoping to recover losses by a land deal! Like a few on here you appear to take on the mantle of a Latter Day Saint in criticising the Directors for all our woes and some even by libellous insinuations (not you). It would help if you and your like would grow some or form a consortium and buy the Club and treat us all to some fanciful magic dreams!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:50:51 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #27942 on: April 11, 2021, 11:30:07 am »

People might forget it was Wilder's call to his old Oxford mate that alerted KT to the opportunity (if you can call it that) at The Cobblers. CW rather left him in the lurch after gaining promotion knowing full well there wasn't the budget to sustain a League One place.
Perhaps it's time for CW to return the favour to the chap that kept him in a job.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #27943 on: April 11, 2021, 12:06:53 pm »

No.. Nobody with an ounce of sanity wants to look at the East stand like it is. Or face possible relegation. But like you and a few others on here, we’re not sure what to do. In my opinion, and I have said it numerous times, the original lease agreement is the key. If there is nothing in it about maintaining the ground, or about the East stand, we’re stuck with what with have. I’d imagine after many years of the Teust doing nothing more than making the odd noise, they must have requested the lease. As well as exploring how concrete any promises that were made are..

Just imagine a crazy world, where the supporters of NTFC had a representative body, that could could make it their purpose to drill into the detail of any agreement, and in turn hold to account either those that run the club, or those that should have held those that run the club to account. The ground is on a bloody lease. That has to be the starting point.

Now all we need is that representative body.... 😀😀😛😛
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #27944 on: April 11, 2021, 12:27:13 pm »

Did the Trusts mammoth FOI request ask for a copy of the lease agreement between the council and the club?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #27945 on: April 11, 2021, 14:22:49 pm »

Just imagine a crazy world, where the supporters of NTFC had a representative body, that could could make it their purpose to drill into the detail of any agreement, and in turn hold to account either those that run the club, or those that should have held those that run the club to account. The ground is on a bloody lease. That has to be the starting point.

Now all we need is that representative body.... 😀😀😛😛

Fishing again Terry, I thought you would have realised that no one on the Trust board reads this anymore  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #27946 on: April 11, 2021, 15:56:17 pm »

From a report about the complex and relationship between Athletics club, Ntfc and nbc.

It was realised that Northampton Borough Council has no repairing responsibilities for the Stadium complex. The Council has the right to inspect the property twice per annum and can serve notices to require works to be completed – if the Football Club is found to be in breach of the Lease.

http://www.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/councillors/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=16839
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27947 on: April 11, 2021, 16:02:47 pm »

Fishing again Terry, I thought you would have realised that no one on the Trust board reads this anymore  Wink

They don't? Oh....ok!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27948 on: April 11, 2021, 16:11:10 pm »

From a report about the complex and relationship between Athletics club, Ntfc and nbc.

It was realised that Northampton Borough Council has no repairing responsibilities for the Stadium complex. The Council has the right to inspect the property twice per annum and can serve notices to require works to be completed – if the Football Club is found to be in breach of the Lease.

http://www.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/councillors/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=16839

And this has long been the way! The Council built the ground and lease it out to the club for a peppercorn rent. The Club is obliged to keep on top of general maintenance and for any redevelopment undertaken. If it wasn't this way then why does the Football Club list the unfinished East Stand as an asset on their balance sheet to the value of around £2.4 million?
Remember all the talk of the millstone around the Councils neck, the £500k a year annual upkeep of the stadium site.....that was taken on by the Club as part of the lease arrangement.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #27949 on: April 11, 2021, 16:41:46 pm »

They don't? Oh....ok!  Grin
I keep forgetting you new boys !  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27950 on: April 11, 2021, 16:44:07 pm »

We should rename the east stand the “Kelvin Thomas stand”.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Cobblerite

View Profile
« Reply #27951 on: April 11, 2021, 17:05:36 pm »

The Kelvin Thomas Standstill
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #27952 on: April 11, 2021, 17:07:22 pm »

Or the "Waiting for Godot" Stand !!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #27953 on: April 11, 2021, 17:20:35 pm »

Quite.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27954 on: April 11, 2021, 17:57:29 pm »

I keep forgetting you new boys !  Smiley

I was going to say that there are at least three regular contributors to this board from the Trust Board?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27955 on: April 11, 2021, 19:09:19 pm »

It’s not fishing at all. I said exactly the same to the Trust boards faces. It is ridiculous to keep repeating the same cr@p about years of hurt and broken promises. Ask the council if they’ve seen proof of funds. If they have, then pursue them. Ask them what they installed into the original deal to hold the owners to account. If that's “fishing” then there is no fcuking hope.

Or, let’s just listen to the same sheep bleating on about how the big bad men lied to them, and bwoke their liccle hearts.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #27956 on: April 11, 2021, 19:23:45 pm »

It’s not fishing at all. I said exactly the same to the Trust boards faces. It is ridiculous to keep repeating the same cr@p about years of hurt and broken promises. Ask the council if they’ve seen proof of funds. If they have, then pursue them. Ask them what they installed into the original deal to hold the owners to account. If that's “fishing” then there is no fcuking hope.

Or, let’s just listen to the same sheep bleating on about how the big bad men lied to them, and bwoke their liccle hearts.

You don't have to read or contribute to the thread if you feel it is beneath you. Nobody is disputing that NBC saw proof of funds, that is why they chose this buyer over a.n.other. Here is a little bit of news for you though, they no longer exist so pursuing them won't get ya very far. As for trying to hold the Trust responsible that really is rich. If you feel so hard-done by the whole business then get thee on the Trust board and pursue it rather than bleat on about how the poor wee diddums bwoke your sorry lickle heart and stop you getting beddy-byes.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27957 on: April 12, 2021, 07:50:23 am »

You don't have to read or contribute to the thread if you feel it is beneath you. Nobody is disputing that NBC saw proof of funds, that is why they chose this buyer over a.n.other. Here is a little bit of news for you though, they no longer exist so pursuing them won't get ya very far. As for trying to hold the Trust responsible that really is rich. If you feel so hard-done by the whole business then get thee on the Trust board and pursue it rather than bleat on about how the poor wee diddums bwoke your sorry lickle heart and stop you getting beddy-byes.

The lease and tenancy agreement must still exist, as will the confines of that agreement. But like I say.. Keep up the good old work of regurgitation 😀😀😀
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #27958 on: April 12, 2021, 08:22:05 am »

g

And some on here just keep bleating on about people bleating on.😁
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #27959 on: April 12, 2021, 08:23:06 am »

I'm quite glad the Pooh game has been moved to Friday night, being 6 hours ahead here there's no way I'm staying up until 1am to see us demolished by our fiercest rivals. They are still our local rivals whatever any young un's say, my mates a Notts County fan and just because they don't play Forest often do you think they're not rivals?

Since the Irish traveller took over the gap between the clubs has grown to the point its now become a chasm, despite being in the same division and fair play to him, he has backed the club all the way and even fought with the council over the stadium. Now he has bought the ground and despite building two impressive stands in the time it has taken us to build a fuck up, expect it to be demolished soon for flats and a new out of town stadium to be built that will make Sixfields look even more embarrassing.

They were lucky, nobody legged it with 10m of taxpayers cash and the council will allow him to make a tidy bundle in the deal. After all he's a proper developer and knows exactly how to squeeze the maximum profit out of land, better than most of those who sit on the council.

Herein lies the rub. NTFC have been prisoners to their home throughout their lives. Firstly strangled by the Cockerill Trust and now entangled with complicated legal issues and infighting over the all important adjoining land. This of course was the intention of DC and his crew to make it as impossible for any one individual to be found guilty. Many bent individuals do the very same with businesses, create a smoke screen of complication, names and ownership to avoid whats really going on.

No owner. KT or otherwise is going to do anything to the stadium until they have a clear path to develop adjoining land or raise serious capital for their investment in NTFC. Just as MacAnthony is now due to make a packet or at least some reimbursement for his investment in PUFC, we will never move forward until a tangible solution to the Sixfields conundrum is found.

DC is gone, shit happens, but until the council open up and stop being embarrassed of the football club, sit down with the club owners and agree on a constructive and profitable way forward we are doomed to groundhog day.

In the wake of this pandemic the world of retail has changed forever and what may have been deemed a sensible development just a year ago might now be less appropriate. Despite the issues with the state of the ground surrounding the stadium, the Sixfields area is still a potential goldmine (or gas rig!) If the new council and KT could actually sit around a table and together come up with a sensible way forward there is plenty of potential for both parties to make serious money, make the dark days of DC and his cowboys a distant memory and finally unlock the door to the stadium and therefore the club.

We constantly hear from some corners on here that the stadium is not important, but its all about the team, well sorry that's nonsense or no club would look at improving both their capacity or facilities. An impressive home draws the confidence of investment, that's just business.

The council need to agree with KT how to develop some adjoining land allowing the owners to recoup their losses and create wealth going forward for both parties. A superb hotel complex, retail park or just use the ace card we have up our sleeve, sell a huge chunk of Sixfields to Amazon for their UK distribution hub.

We 'aint going to change our fortunes on the pitch until the shit storm off of it is sorted.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 [1398] 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: