The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:31:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820804 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #29100 on: September 09, 2021, 07:58:46 am »

Also Melly, the old chestnut of representing their members !  Do you believe WNC are more worried that the meeting wasn't with 200 plus Trust members offering support than the fact that KT promised to build the East stand with their own funds 6 years ago but now say only if we get our money back will we build it, I don't think so.

Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors.

Problem is that the local council have been made to look like idiots at least 4 times by the owners of NTFC, you really think they are willing to run hand in hand with some of those same owners for the very limited benefit that the current proposal offers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29101 on: September 09, 2021, 08:01:54 am »

The Trust is doing exactly what it should be doing and that is outlining the fears and concerns of folk who care about the football club. They are not professional 'trust' people because they are made up of bakers and candlestick makers. If anyone cares enough and can be bothered they are free to join and influence the efforts these people make without having digs from the outer reaches. They have shown everybody exactly what they presented to WNC which is a world apart from what the club have shown us,   nothing has been heard about the July meeting. The club is owned by a property developer, that is a fact. His aim is not to further a football team, it is to maximise his return. Once he has stripped the assets and scarpered where will NTFC be then?

Great post, so well put.

The really sad thing is that there are people on here who seem to take pleasure in the "facts" above

The really really sad thing is that some of those are moderators of this very board
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29102 on: September 09, 2021, 08:02:30 am »

Nice try Deep, thats not the impression I got !! 

What do you think WNC think of our owners and the way they have acted?

Were you there?
If WNC think that they are dealing with a professional organisation from that 'meeting' preamble and content, they are obviously on the same level as The Trust.

No idea, but I would assume that the club were slightly more professional during their first meeting.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29103 on: September 09, 2021, 08:04:56 am »

Great post, so well put.

The really sad thing is that there are people on here who seem to take pleasure in the "facts" above

The really really sad thing is that some of those are moderators of this very board

I agree that it is sad and I take no pleasure from it, but I am offering my personal opinion from the facts, as presented by The Trust.
The fact that I am a Moderator is immaterial.
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #29104 on: September 09, 2021, 08:07:20 am »

Were you there?
If WNC think that they are dealing with a professional organisation from that 'meeting' preamble and content, they are obviously on the same level as The Trust.

No idea, but I would assume that the club were slightly more professional during their first meeting.

So were you there?  What do you mean re "preamble" and what does more professional look like?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29105 on: September 09, 2021, 08:11:04 am »

melly, so a better business plan is to reply on a 75 year old who lives 3500 miles, who has been to the ground about 4 times

Have you seen their business plans, cashflow forecasts?  Have you seen DB's Will?  what does it say about the future of NTFC?

What happens if and when they walk away?  You really think this is better for NTFC?  Doesn't stand up to scrutiny does it.

Fact is you, me , almost no-one has an idea or control on the future on NTFC at this stage. And you seem very happy with that, sadly

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29106 on: September 09, 2021, 08:12:18 am »

Sorry Melly, 1 more

So who would you model NTFC on?  What can be achieved?  What should be the ambition?  What would you advise?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29107 on: September 09, 2021, 08:13:51 am »

Deepcut, why are you so supportive of owners over fans, just like you were with Cardoza?

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #29108 on: September 09, 2021, 08:16:58 am »

Were you there?

The whole point is that the Trust is not professional, surely you gather that? Ordinary folk (many of whom are voters!) expressing their views is far more powerful than a property developer shading his aim through a local football team.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29109 on: September 09, 2021, 08:25:20 am »

But the presentation actually had some facts and information in, where as the "professional" NTFC overview had basically none.

Also you need to bear in mind that NTFC are on the inside, they have all the info, they know what they want to, they have all the financing, football funding, cashflow, turnover etc etc

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #29110 on: September 09, 2021, 08:30:40 am »

The whole point is that the Trust is not professional, surely you gather that? Ordinary folk (many of whom are voters!) expressing their views is far more powerful than a property developer shading his aim through a local football team.

You do love Marx type comments, ‘ordinary folk’  expressing their views against Property Developers🙃
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29111 on: September 09, 2021, 09:05:20 am »

Sorry Melly, 1 more

So who would you model NTFC on?  What can be achieved?  What should be the ambition?  What would you advise?
It’s quite simple really Random, the difference between you and me is that your frustration at the lack of progress is slightly greater than you fear of losing the club. For me it’s the other way around. Over the last 5 or 6 years the club has lost on average around a 100 grand a month give or take. There is nothing in the proposals of the board of the Trust that give me any sort of confidence that this financial gap can be bridged should the current owners walk for a pound. God forbid we g@mble our future on some white elephant stand and a few boxes when we can’t fill the ground in the first place. We do not have the money to bank roll the club and carry out the kind of improvements in infrastructure that are being proposed. Until someone comes up with a business plan, model or call it what you will that comes even close to alleviating that concern I’m afraid I’m going to remain sceptical. Attempting to suppress my opinion and everyone else that has these concerns isn’t going to unify the support base, and until that happens these proposals ain’t going anywhere.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 09:16:13 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3086

« Reply #29112 on: September 09, 2021, 09:05:27 am »

You do love Marx type comments, ‘ordinary folk’  expressing their views against Property Developers🙃

You are confusing ordinary folk for the proletariat old bean. The proletariat are too busy fornicating to bother with land exploitation.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #29113 on: September 09, 2021, 09:33:14 am »

You are confusing ordinary folk for the proletariat old bean. The proletariat are too busy fornicating to bother with land exploitation.

You are right, silly me for assuming ordinary folk with the proletariat folk. Apologies to the shades of Karl  Marx Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29114 on: September 09, 2021, 09:49:54 am »

Deepcut, why are you so supportive of owners over fans, just like you were with Cardoza?

Am I, was I?
Show me where I have been supportive of owners over fans...I am also 'a fan'.

Although I have had conversations with individual 'The Trust' board members, I have no ties or had any interactions whatsoever with any owners past or present.
My opinions and observations are constructive criticism based on facts as presented, in order for The Trust to up their game, they are not a personal slight to any organisation or any one, including yourself.
Report Spam   Logged

Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29115 on: September 09, 2021, 10:12:40 am »

Karl or Groucho ??
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29116 on: September 09, 2021, 10:53:00 am »

In terms of our recent history (post County Ground) it all went pear shaped the moment a 'mismanaged' (think we are safe to call it mismanaged) loan was handed over to Cardoza and the surrounding land became a bargaining chip. It would surely be less painful to take all of the land off the table, at least then we'd see where we are heading.
If only we did an MK and got some big boys on board to bankroll something a bit more special. Our backward thinking council(s) take the brunt for most of the towns issues, Sixfields and beyond.

I don't think KT and co are the anti-Christ that some make out but they are never going to create an exciting and progressive business and brand. They've had long enough to show some glimmers of that. All we have seen is that we are likely to bounce around the bottom leagues and generate debt. There is clearly an element that don't think they are entitled to make a personal profit off any land deal, without even taking the current debt back. That's not realistic.
As for assurances to the club, I'm not sure what this would look like, unless people want to see a % split?! We don't seem to be able to get to the bottom of past legal financial issues, so forget moral ones!

I really don't know what to think of the Trust. I don't buy the bit about having to run every angle past members because that is what an elected board is for.
If anyone is that passionate and believes the Trust is rotten and beyond reproach, then get together and set up a Trust mark 2.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29117 on: September 09, 2021, 11:48:44 am »

In terms of our recent history (post County Ground) it all went pear shaped the moment a 'mismanaged' (think we are safe to call it mismanaged) loan was handed over to Cardoza and the surrounding land became a bargaining chip. It would surely be less painful to take all of the land off the table, at least then we'd see where we are heading.
If only we did an MK and got some big boys on board to bankroll something a bit more special. Our backward thinking council(s) take the brunt for most of the towns issues, Sixfields and beyond.

I don't think KT and co are the anti-Christ that some make out but they are never going to create an exciting and progressive business and brand. They've had long enough to show some glimmers of that. All we have seen is that we are likely to bounce around the bottom leagues and generate debt. There is clearly an element that don't think they are entitled to make a personal profit off any land deal, without even taking the current debt back. That's not realistic.
As for assurances to the club, I'm not sure what this would look like, unless people want to see a % split?! We don't seem to be able to get to the bottom of past legal financial issues, so forget moral ones!

I really don't know what to think of the Trust. I don't buy the bit about having to run every angle past members because that is what an elected board is for.
If anyone is that passionate and believes the Trust is rotten and beyond reproach, then get together and set up a Trust mark 2.
Elected by who Tone, hands up any members who voted for the 2 recent additions to the board. I get that it’s not that straightforward but I am just making the point that the board continually leave themselves wide open. For the record I think Simon comes across as a decent guy and given the chance I may well have voted for him. Not quite the point though is it?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29118 on: September 09, 2021, 12:10:19 pm »

Elected by who Tone, hands up any members who voted for the 2 recent additions to the board. I get that it’s not that straightforward but I am just making the point that the board continually leave themselves wide open. For the record I think Simon comes across as a decent guy and given the chance I may well have voted for him. Not quite the point though is it?
All this hypothetical backbiting is pointless and a bit like pîssing in the sea, the trust is made up of fans and the fact of the matter is they are trying to get a better deal for the club.
Your like or quite obvious dislike of the trust is insignificant and completely irrelevant.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29119 on: September 09, 2021, 12:11:17 pm »

So were you there?  What do you mean re "preamble" and what does more professional look like?

No, were you?
Preamble is their opening line which has been reported as being "From the little information we have, it appears that..."
To go to something like this, you need to be confident and fully prepared in order to provide little option but for the WNC to take your version as an accurate/credible account.  
That opening line indicates that The Trust know that they want to oppose/object to something to do with the WNC/NTFC, but don't really know what.  There is no substance or credibility to anything that they have said after that.  A distinct lack of the 6P's principle.  Sad

The current statement/notice is like a schoolkid going to the Headmaster complaining that someone has pinched something or hasn't played by the rules for something, that they are not entirely sure what has been pinched, or what rules they haven't played by and then expecting the Headmaster to get them back or adhere to those rules that they are not sure of.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 [1456] 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: