The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:11:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820063 times)
BedsCobb, Observing and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #29140 on: September 12, 2021, 16:27:42 pm »

Were you at the meeting with WNC and The Trust Board?
You didn't answer the first time that I asked the question.

why do you want to know?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #29141 on: September 12, 2021, 16:37:01 pm »

why do you want to know?

I think you know the answer to your question now Deepcut  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29142 on: September 12, 2021, 18:02:02 pm »

why do you want to know?

Because you said "thats not the impression I got" regarding the presentation, which indicated that you might have been?
Who were the four Trust Board members that attended, were there any other Trust members in attendance?
Remember, that I might already know the answer to my questions.  Wink

I provide full and honest answers to all of your questions, you appear to ignore or deflect those that you don't want to answer?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 18:06:13 pm by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest168

« Reply #29143 on: September 12, 2021, 18:17:56 pm »

well if you know who was there then you don't need to ask do you Deepcut !
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29144 on: September 12, 2021, 18:35:13 pm »

well if you know who was there then you don't need to ask do you Deepcut !

I said that 'I might', I take it that you was then?
Are you able to answer the other questions?
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #29145 on: September 12, 2021, 18:58:05 pm »

why does mean I was then?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29146 on: September 12, 2021, 19:01:20 pm »

Can someone quickly recap how the Trust went from having a seat on the club board to losing it....and whether this is an underlying issue/cause of bad feeling since it happened.
On a previous comment...I didn't realise the Trust board weren't elected/re-elected by the wider membership.

Because for some reason KT insisted on it as part of them taking control of the club for £1 and NBC writing off £10m

I wondered what reason might be ... forward 2 years from then and the hush hush, top secret £6.68m they got from rather dubious (IMHO) Chinese sources. Make me think, others just look the other way or focus on trashing genuine supporters who are concerned at such actions by the owners.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #29147 on: September 12, 2021, 19:09:59 pm »

Can someone quickly recap how the Trust went from having a seat on the club board to losing it....and whether this is an underlying issue/cause of bad feeling since it happened.
On a previous comment...I didn't realise the Trust board weren't elected/re-elected by the wider membership.

The Trust representative on the NTFC board had signed a number of papers relating to the 10m loan from the council to NTFC and then to 3rd parties. He was,after legal advice,advised to resign. He did. There was no trust representative at the time of the takeover. KT never agreed to a replacement.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29148 on: September 12, 2021, 19:20:59 pm »

I didn't realise the Trust board weren't elected/re-elected by the wider membership.
The Trust board are elected if there are more candidates, who have been nominated than there are seats available. If you are a Trust member, you can put yourself up for election. I think you also need a proposer and seconder, who also have to be members
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29149 on: September 13, 2021, 01:42:46 am »

So let’s imagine hypothetically Board member A and Board member B have an agenda or motive regarding the club. At this point in time they can get a likeminded individual straight onto the board unopposed. What if this is the case at the moment. My personal view is that at least the membership should be given the opportunity to vote and express opinions on each candidate prior to election. As a member there are many individuals I wouldn’t have an opinion about. However, there are certain individuals I wouldn’t want anywhere near the club or the Trust. Seems the right thing to do as far as I am concerned.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 05:06:13 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29150 on: September 13, 2021, 06:42:01 am »

why does mean I was then?

That you was in attendance for the presentation?
Can you confirm which four Trust Board members were there to deliver the presentation?
Can you also confirm the names of any other Trust members that were also in attendance?
Thank you
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29151 on: September 13, 2021, 07:45:42 am »

So let’s imagine hypothetically Board member A and Board member B have an agenda or motive regarding the club. At this point in time they can get a likeminded individual straight onto the board unopposed. What if this is the case at the moment. My personal view is that at least the membership should be given the opportunity to vote and express opinions on each candidate prior to election. As a member there are many individuals I wouldn’t have an opinion about. However, there are certain individuals I wouldn’t want anywhere near the club or the Trust. Seems the right thing to do as far as I am concerned.

Yep…. You’d have to be really careful not to create an OBN wouldn’t you… That could so easily happen 😁😁
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #29152 on: September 13, 2021, 08:33:15 am »

OBN?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29153 on: September 13, 2021, 08:51:22 am »

OBN?

Old Boys Network? 
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29154 on: September 13, 2021, 08:54:16 am »

The Trust board are elected if there are more candidates, who have been nominated than there are seats available. If you are a Trust member, you can put yourself up for election. I think you also need a proposer and seconder, who also have to be members

So how many of the current board were actually elected by the members? Not a loaded question or anything, I'm just genuinely curious.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #29155 on: September 13, 2021, 09:23:29 am »

Because for some reason KT insisted on it as part of them taking control of the club for £1 and NBC writing off £10m

I wondered what reason might be ... forward 2 years from then and the hush hush, top secret £6.68m they got from rather dubious (IMHO) Chinese sources. Make me think, others just look the other way or focus on trashing genuine supporters who are concerned at such actions by the owners.

Random, you continually badmouth KT and the board, and I understand they are not the best owners a club could have. What would the alternative be, you have posted lots of different partial solutions but there is never anything concrete behind it. As much as I would like to see owners in who put the club first in everything what are the Trust and your plans for that, because until we have a proper alternative in place I think most people would rather stick with the devil we know.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29156 on: September 13, 2021, 09:30:08 am »

So how many of the current board were actually elected by the members? Not a loaded question or anything, I'm just genuinely curious.

What you need to ask. Is how many were co opted on.

Of course. None of it would matter if the main influences aren’t even on the board. Imagine how terrible that would be in terms of reflecting a truly democratic ethos. I mean, it would be crazy if a huge amount of advice was coming from a couple of sources, that completely lack the conviction to actually occupy a seat on the board. Especially after the whole mantra is based on,  “if you care that much, you should join the Trust board”. I really can’t imagine that’s actually happening  8
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29157 on: September 13, 2021, 11:05:16 am »

Random, you continually badmouth KT and the board, and I understand they are not the best owners a club could have. What would the alternative be, you have posted lots of different partial solutions but there is never anything concrete behind it. As much as I would like to see owners in who put the club first in everything what are the Trust and your plans for that, because until we have a proper alternative in place I think most people would rather stick with the devil we know.
I believe our current owners were close to selling the club quite recently, that is until they upped the price by a third.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #29158 on: September 13, 2021, 11:13:09 am »

If true it confirms the point that the Owners are under no pressure,internally or externally to sell. If you want them out up the offer.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29159 on: September 13, 2021, 11:56:48 am »

Hi Battery, so you agree, you want a better way, better owners.

Which solution would you like to see going forward?  What do you think to an infrastructure foundation, where instead of a basic £3m east stand finish, it has a bigger share of the land deal, and we look at all the options to improve Sixfields?   (genuine questions)

This is the beginning as far as the Trust is concerned, not the end.

One thing I would also say is, how many plans, either business or development, has our owners but forward?  How many times have they asked us supporters, what we want or need?  How many times has KT delivered on his promises?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: