The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:44:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821032 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #29220 on: October 02, 2021, 12:41:02 pm »

Thanks Evers. Are going to answer my question?

How do u crack this land deal nut then?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #29221 on: October 02, 2021, 19:32:16 pm »

Water. Without it our bodies would resemble a Friday night stain on the pavement. Not sidewalk. River. Without it there is no route to the oceans. Nene. Where can we leave our trolleys? Not cart. We are corrupt. We cannot connect. Redev is a dollar-centric hallucination. The buck stops here.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29222 on: October 02, 2021, 19:42:44 pm »

Evers, dont get drawn into a war of words with Random, its not worth it. Appears that Random hardly turns up to watch too many games anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #29223 on: October 02, 2021, 20:14:48 pm »

Don't be silly. The Trust would never coopt anyone onto the board who didn't attend matches.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29224 on: October 03, 2021, 08:08:21 am »

Evers, dont get drawn into a war of words with Random, its not worth it. Appears that Random hardly turns up to watch too many games anyway.

LOL, what he means is that you will lose as its very hard to defend the indefenceable
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29225 on: October 03, 2021, 08:12:14 am »

Don't be silly. The Trust would never coopt anyone onto the board who didn't attend matches.

Thanks Pedj, couple of things

1. I have done more than my share in support of NTFC to warrant a place on the Trust board

2. I have been to over a 1000 matches more than our owner David Bower, but thats ok is it? I mean you would never be happy with an OWNER who didn't attend matches?

3. Perhaps DB is boycotting the club and refusing to give himself more money and support - bit like me then !!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29226 on: October 03, 2021, 08:23:20 am »

Thanks Pedj, couple of things

1. I have done more than my share in support of NTFC to warrant a place on the Trust board

2. I have been to over a 1000 matches more than our owner David Bower, but thats ok is it? I mean you would never be happy with an OWNER who didn't attend matches?

3. Perhaps DB is boycotting the club and refusing to give himself more money and support - bit like me then !!

Am I to infer that a member of the Trust board is boycotting home matches? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29227 on: October 03, 2021, 08:41:42 am »

Wish I’d have boycotted yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest168

« Reply #29228 on: October 03, 2021, 08:46:49 am »

Am I to infer that a member of the Trust board is boycotting home matches? Roll Eyes

like the owners then??  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #29229 on: October 03, 2021, 09:01:55 am »

like the owners then??  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The owners don't claim to represent the fans.
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29230 on: October 03, 2021, 09:36:07 am »

Absolutely….
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #29231 on: October 03, 2021, 10:42:47 am »

The fans that don't go need representation too!
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #29232 on: October 03, 2021, 15:14:26 pm »

Random, not what i mean at all, just cant see why Evers should waste his time on a person who hardly ever watches the Town, but that person wants to be a dictator when it comes to other supporters.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #29233 on: October 03, 2021, 16:14:32 pm »

Random, not what i mean at all, just cant see why Evers should waste his time on a person who hardly ever watches the Town, but that person wants to be a dictator when it comes to other supporters.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3429

« Reply #29234 on: October 04, 2021, 06:29:15 am »

I’ll answer that one. Sixfields was initially too conservative and no one has come up with the cash to do anything about it. Forget the ground Random, as I said recently football can’t fund itself through cash on the gate no matter how fancy the boxes or comfy the seats. Even the Prem clubs can’t do that and rely on TV. If football is to survive and flourish at this level it has to be innovative and evolve beyond the current strategies, especially at this level. Establish revenue streams outside of football and once that’s achieved then develop. If there is money to be had then be creative otherwise it will be yet another wasted opportunity, and I don’t know how many more we have. Please forget the ground, it’s a red herring at this point in time.

I think I mentioned way back the stadium should never have been run by the football club, its utterly ridiculous for a "football team" to be running a "venue" at this level, the two skills sets are not co-existent. Sixfields should be owned and run independently with a management team dedicated to utilising the facility to its maximum potential, future development and making it a profitable venture. To support an entertainment venue let alone financing its future through the proceeds of a fourth division football cub is essentially nuts, as you clearly describe.

The "football club" are obviously unable to create a winning product, so why they should be running this facility? The football club really only needs a suitable venue on occasions whilst having some permanent administration accommodation. If an outside company decided to improve the stadium, the surroundings and create commercial and corporate matchday entertainment facilities, the football club would benefit through access to these but without the initial outlay, just as many companies rent office space in a building they could never afford to own or service.

It certainly does not inhibit the earning potential of the "football club" by having almost fixed costs, in fact the opposite by virtue of having these potentially better facilities, the burden of the ground separated from the football team would actually allow the club to be innovative and evolve as you mention. It does not inhibit them from accessing sponsorship, creating retail opportunities, community initiatives and so on.

There was much chin scratching from the council over the whole Sixfields area and possibly why IKEA were pushed away. When restaurants and cinemas popped up it suggested they were going with leisure, but then with DC we nearly got a housing estate and now a warehouse? Excuse me for one second. Fucking what? Unless its the new UK HQ of Amazon, Fed-Ex or the like, its just another sticking plaster over another unsightly Northampton fuck up.

Unfortunately a huge opportunity with Sixfields, the stadium and the surroundings seems to be rapidly turning into the usual Northampton dogs dinner. If they wanted warehouses why didn't they have one big one 20 odd years ago with IKEA on the side? Does Mike Ashley want the whole area for Sports Direct? Give him a call, we may as well go with chav track suit bottoms for the town, wouldn't want to spoil it.

You mentioned about the huge potential of waterside developments, Sixfields is almost afloat there is so much water around. This town and council couldn't run the ice cream van in Stoke Bruerne on a Sunday afternoon and sadly this impacts on the football club and all the suffering residents.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29235 on: October 04, 2021, 10:41:59 am »

When have I personally said I represent the fans?

So you are happy to have owners that are only in it for their own personal gain ?

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29236 on: October 04, 2021, 10:44:38 am »

Absolutely….

No and that’s exactly why we are in the mess we are in

We have just been spanked by, basically a  non league club and all u can focus on is me and the Trust 😩😩
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #29237 on: October 04, 2021, 12:47:05 pm »

When have I personally said I represent the fans?

So you are happy to have owners that are only in it for their own personal gain ?

Call me old fashioned, but if an organisation purports to speak on behalf of the fanbase of a football club then the people running that organisation should, at the very least, y'know, go to some of the home games. How else are they to gauge the thoughts and the mood of the fans they claim to represent? The occasional survey comprised of loaded questions is a pretty poor substitute.

And yes. Happy is perhaps the wrong word, but I understand and accept that owners with no personal affiliation to the club are here for their own personal gain. Why else would they be here?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #29238 on: October 04, 2021, 14:02:09 pm »

Call me old fashioned, but if an organisation purports to speak on behalf of the fanbase of a football club then the people running that organisation should, at the very least, y'know, go to some of the home games. How else are they to gauge the thoughts and the mood of the fans they claim to represent? The occasional survey comprised of loaded questions is a pretty poor substitute.

And yes. Happy is perhaps the wrong word, but I understand and accept that owners with no personal affiliation to the club are here for their own personal gain. Why else would they be here?
To jump in, if Random is a Trust board member like I believe he is then he represents me as a Trust member and I am happy for him to do so. At the same time i would not be comfortable for him or any Trust board member to claim to represent the views of fans of the club who are not Trust members, and so far as I can see that's precisely the point Random is also making.
I would add that for any existing Trust members not happy with the actions or direction of the board, they have the option of standing for election to the board themselves as a means of changing that direction or resigning their membership as they see fit.
Regards matchdays, I might be wrong on this but I think Random has recently posted that he lives outside of the UK which whilst not an absolute reason for non attendance but it goes someway to explain this.
If there is any issue here that concerns me it would be Randoms ability to be effective as a Trust board member whilst living overseas.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29239 on: October 04, 2021, 14:17:25 pm »

To jump in, if Random is a Trust board member like I believe he is then he represents me as a Trust member and I am happy for him to do so. At the same time i would not be comfortable for him or any Trust board member to claim to represent the views of fans of the club who are not Trust members, and so far as I can see that's precisely the point Random is also making.
I would add that for any existing Trust members not happy with the actions or direction of the board, they have the option of standing for election to the board themselves as a means of changing that direction or resigning their membership as they see fit.
Regards matchdays, I might be wrong on this but I think Random has recently posted that he lives outside of the UK which whilst not an absolute reason for non attendance but it goes someway to explain this.
If there is any issue here that concerns me it would be Randoms ability to be effective as a Trust board member whilst living overseas.

If as I believe my information is correct, Random does not live overseas and he was one of the three Trust Board members who were at the WNC meeting?
Correct me if I am wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: