The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:06:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820852 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29320 on: October 06, 2021, 17:25:11 pm »

So BOTN, you would not pay a little extra to support your football club?

How about buying more merchandise or more drink, food etc at the ground?

£20 per month? really? How about £10 then?

What is I said that money went directly to training facilities or a massive modern supporters lounge or safe standing or increased capacity for the away to generate more money for the club?

Would you think about it then?

No. I wouldn't. The club aren't a charity and shouldn't be treated as such. Propping them up does no favours and they need to be able to stand on their own two feet.

Leaner, meaner, more efficient - yes
Propped up or bailed out - no
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3086

« Reply #29321 on: October 06, 2021, 18:05:57 pm »

You have completelymissed the point. My opinion that the trust could not run the club, could not have financed the club through covid times and financed changing managers and getting in players is the crux of my repsonse. As far as I am concerned the trust even though they want some of the same things I do should never be let anywhere near the ownership of the club. For me it is like green political parties, great ideas not a fúcking clue on how to manage them fiscally.

This is complete nonsense. Bowers doesn't run the club and I am sure he would agree he knows nothing about football. He has staff that do that just as other owners would have. As for the second part about the Greens, there are green political parties in government around Europe and in the UK the whole point of the civil service is to run the country, political 'owners' come and go.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29322 on: October 06, 2021, 19:03:49 pm »

Re: Fees from overseas

No I am not making it up, I would expect to see something, don't tell me the owners / KT are not taking money out on a regular basis.

I know KT received over £1m for his sale of shares to the Chinese but who is paying his flights etc

KT says he doesn't take a salary but there are many ways to skin a cat

Do you know how much the Cardozas charged 1st Land for consultant / finder fees on the East stand development? 

I can't remember the exact breakdown, but I am sure Grossman's personal expenses accounted for more than £300,000. Mind you, I think the Jewish Burial company scappered with close to a quarter million: I still can't see how they explained that one away. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 19:06:26 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29323 on: October 06, 2021, 19:31:37 pm »

I can't remember the exact breakdown, but I am sure Grossman's personal expenses accounted for more than £300,000. Mind you, I think the Jewish Burial company scappered with close to a quarter million: I still can't see how they explained that one away. Roll Eyes

The fee paid to DC & his father was paid to them after the first payment from NBC. Therefore it was already agreed and i expect before DC realised how they had been played

£2m
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29324 on: October 06, 2021, 20:55:00 pm »

In the latest accounts filed the club recorded a loss of £570,370 compared to the previous year of £1,677,262. Charlie Goode was sold for circa £1 million during that period if I am not mistaken. From where I’m sitting to make the business viable on that basis you need to to either shave £1.6 million per year to break even, address any short fall in player sales, increase gate receipts or a combination of all 3. That would be a considerable challenge. Especially since a number of the support base consider the current spending to be inadequate, arguably massively so.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest49

« Reply #29325 on: October 06, 2021, 21:17:48 pm »

Singcobb, just to clarify, you do know that the club has an income of approx £6m per year from sources outside of the owners?

How are we getting (and spending more than) £6m per year?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29326 on: October 06, 2021, 21:38:54 pm »

In the latest accounts filed the club recorded a loss of £570,370 compared to the previous year of £1,677,262. Charlie Goode was sold for circa £1 million during that period if I am not mistaken. From where I’m sitting to make the business viable on that basis you need to to either shave £1.6 million per year to break even, address any short fall in player sales, increase gate receipts or a combination of all 3. That would be a considerable challenge. Especially since a number of the support base consider the current spending to be inadequate, arguably massively so.

The Charlie Goode sale was not included in that year...... Accounts to year end 30th June 2020....Goode was sold on 19th August 2020. That money will appear in the 2021 accounts. Also set to appear in the 2021 accounts will be the PL grant to EFL clubs (375k minimum plus lost gate revenue share)

What did appear in those accounts for 2020 though was the money (gate and prize and TV revenue) banked from the FA Cup run, which I assume is the sum shown as "other operating income" on page 9, the sum of £483,845 which reduced the operating loss from just under £1.1m to the £570k figure you have already mentioned.

Also shown on page 13 are the player registration costs and income, which I take to be purchases of £114k (the Goode PURCHASE) and sales of £105k (Pierre and Morais), those being the undisclosed transfer dealings in that accounting period.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29327 on: October 06, 2021, 22:13:45 pm »

The bollox meter is on full tilt tonight. All these people that can read… Wow. Yet not a solution in sight. I wish I was that clever..
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29328 on: October 06, 2021, 22:32:06 pm »

The bollox meter is on full tilt tonight. All these people that can read… Wow. Yet not a solution in sight. I wish I was that clever..
I think the bollox meter is broken, this thread is going round and round and round……………..it bit like …..
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29329 on: October 06, 2021, 22:49:35 pm »

Not being bothered to read more than a couple of lines explains all of the errors in the post I replied to.

Yes, you are technically correct.  Happy now?

I had assumed you were interested in the health of the football club, not point scoring over a situation in which the club may have ceased to exist.  A situation which was in part facilitated by people making excuses a terrible chairman and rubbishing the Trust and others who were raising concerns. 

I'll stop now, it's probably past your attention span already.
Thanks for correcting your error Keith
I am happy now.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29330 on: October 06, 2021, 23:17:44 pm »

The Charlie Goode sale was not included in that year...... Accounts to year end 30th June 2020....Goode was sold on 19th August 2020. That money will appear in the 2021 accounts. Also set to appear in the 2021 accounts will be the PL grant to EFL clubs (375k minimum plus lost gate revenue share)

What did appear in those accounts for 2020 though was the money (gate and prize and TV revenue) banked from the FA Cup run, which I assume is the sum shown as "other operating income" on page 9, the sum of £483,845 which reduced the operating loss from just under £1.1m to the £570k figure you have already mentioned.

Also shown on page 13 are the player registration costs and income, which I take to be purchases of £114k (the Goode PURCHASE) and sales of £105k (Pierre and Morais), those being the undisclosed transfer dealings in that accounting period.
So I was mistaken. Anyway, it looks like the average is around a million give or take. It doesn't really matter if we are talking about half a million i can't really see a viable way of reducing that whilst appeasing people to address the shortcomings highlighted on here. Having had countless conversations and read we know how many posts on here, no one has come up with anything realistic other than a handout from yet an other investor. It remains a significant challenge to be consistently self sustainable and I honestly can't see how anyone will manage it.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29331 on: October 06, 2021, 23:24:08 pm »

Well with the benefit of hindsight, all the board wish they had stood their ground and KT/DB did not take over.
However KT came in making a big play that they had £4m ringfenced to invest in club

How would that have played out if the Trust said, no we scuppered the deal cos they wouldn't let us in the boardroom?

Come on Shoey, stop take the mick, you are confusing people
Now deny that
In fairness random you can look back at the time and you’ll see that even as the deal was going through I had serious misgivings about the trust giving up a place on the board.
As far as I remember the trust made an executive decision to relinquish their seat without consulting members and the rest is history…..
Now I’m sure trust members can say that if they hadn’t agreed then the club would have folded.
I’d have stood firm even if that played out as to give up board representation went against everything the trust stood for.
I’d have rather had a Phoenix club to support that still had the original ideology of what the trust was set up for than see the trust board give up their seat.
From that moment on the trust meant nothing to me.
Ever since the trust gave up their seat they have done nothing but moan about the way the club has been run.
It’s actually totally irrelevant whether I share those opinions or not.
My opinion is the trust made their decision and have never wanted to own that decision.
Week in/week out they have moaned about this and that but chose to relinquish a place on the current set up.
Now the club have made a decision to allow a trust member to stand for the position they relinquished they have decided not to !!!
Does this mean as fans we can now look forward to yet more years of moaning about the club whilst in a weaker position than ever.
If that makes the trust just as relevant today as when Brian lomax formed it then I’m sorry but I fail to believe it for the reasons I’ve stated.
The trust want to appear relevant whilst not wanting a place on the board!!
A classic case of wanting your cake and eating it.
Brian Lomax created the first football trust that got fan representation at board level, the trust were the envy of the football world and the blueprint for other clubs the world over to follow.
The later incarnation relinquished that seat and then when given the chance to regain it decided not to.
That is what they will be remembered for whether they like it or not.
The facts are there and they are undeniable.
Why would anyone want to be a member of a football trust who have actually done the opposite of what they were formed for by deciding not to want a place on the board of the club??
They were formed in order to get a place on the board.

When you consider things it’s actually mind blowing !!!

Are people honestly being asked to pay to join an organisation that do not want a place on the board but still want to claim they represent fans whilst moaning about this and that from the outside looking in??

That must be another first for a football trust.
Heaven only knows what the founder would make of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29332 on: October 06, 2021, 23:58:30 pm »

GPC You forgot to mention the 5 (FIVE) managers that have been sacked and paid off, never mind the merry-go-round of their players and support staff they all want and need.

Compare that to say Plymouth 2 and Accrington 1. and many many other clubs who have far less than 5.

The other thing we have no idea on is, are there any management / consultancy fees from Florida, Dubai or Off-shore?  We have no idea but as Hammy says, we don't look like we are over spending does it.

There are clubs that make a profit in the lower leagues or losses are small.  

If we had 2000 fans contributing an extra £20 per month = £40k per month = £480k per year, that is a fair amount to more than cover general running losses. That is without factoring in business donations and sponsorship etc

What canvassing and research have you done to establish the appetite and likelihood of success regarding that proposal.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #29333 on: October 07, 2021, 00:52:19 am »

Just a quid per column inch from you lot and we could've built the East stand ourselves.

If only "The Trust" (whoever they are or whatever it is) had raised the money for a tangible project such as this, instead of stroking their beards.
Report Spam   Logged
Cornish Cobbler

View Profile
Search Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #29334 on: October 07, 2021, 01:19:50 am »

With the Newcastle takeover, I’m just hoping DB gives up and sells us to a minted Sheikh in Dubai who is willing to spend serious amounts of cash on all matters Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29335 on: October 07, 2021, 07:00:46 am »

What canvassing and research have you done to establish the appetite and likelihood of success regarding that proposal.
What canvassing have you done to establish that they won’t 😉
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest168

« Reply #29336 on: October 07, 2021, 08:38:40 am »

How are we getting (and spending more than) £6m per year?

Great question Tone, which one don't you believe???  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29337 on: October 07, 2021, 09:04:25 am »

What canvassing have you done to establish that they won’t 😉
Don’t give me that old chestnut. None, the burden of proof is with the proposal otherwise it’s dead in the water, as you well know.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29338 on: October 07, 2021, 09:15:42 am »

What canvassing have you done to establish that they won’t

To be fair to Melly, he isn't the one putting forward the proposal?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29339 on: October 07, 2021, 09:25:43 am »

To be fair to Melly, he isn't the one putting forward the proposal?
Yep, simple question what reaction have you had to it? If it’s none then it’s none, but without being too unkind that just comes across as pulling figures out of your ar5e because you are too scared of what the answer might be. Imagine how much more powerful it would be if you could identify how many people would respond positively to it. I’ll tell you right now, in the event it was a fan owned not for profit club I’d chuck in $20 a month to be a member. How’s that?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 09:30:04 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: