The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:47:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 [1471] 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820824 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29400 on: October 07, 2021, 20:42:13 pm »

Anyone wish to agree or disagree with this stance? Just so I can see what the "majority" think.......(the majority of posters on here that is!)
Disagree. IMO it needs a few tweaks in how it interacts with its membership and how it makes decisions, nothing more. The entire membership should be given the opportunity to vote for board members and stand in opposition. If people don’t respond or stand then they can hardly complain can they. Any major decision should be endorsed by the membership. Who decides what is major, the membership. They will tell you, put what is on the agenda out there and set a response parameter that instigates a vote. If no one or insufficient people respond then again people can hardly complain. Do that then 2 things happen, firstly your democratic process is significantly enhanced and secondly all of this goes away, all of it. You may have to relinquish a little power and control over your decision making process, but which do you prefer? It’s either something along those lines or remain vulnerable to continued attack. I believe it’s also quite difficult to come up with a convincing reason why you wouldn’t embrace a process along those lines and then claim to be completely open and democratic.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 20:57:19 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29401 on: October 07, 2021, 20:42:27 pm »

I’m sorry to keep posting but as an aside Newcastle Utd have been purchased for 300 million pounds today
Given they have a fantastic 50,000 + stadium that they own and a playing staff worth millions with the added attraction of premiership football , am I mad in thinking that it sounds a good deal given that if the current board wouldn’t write off the debt they have accrued during their tenure then £7million plus seems a lot for a club that doesn’t own its own ground, rents training facilities and has sold off part of its away car park.
The bright point being we have a squad worth £743.27 (although this doesn’t include the monies we can recoup from our fabulous attacking options ) Grin Grin Grin

Maybe Mike Ashley can buy us. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29402 on: October 07, 2021, 20:43:07 pm »

Your last two posts puzzle me.....the Trust do not want to buy the club so why would they be asking for a price?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
KeithB

View Profile
« Reply #29403 on: October 07, 2021, 20:47:18 pm »

The thing to do is to disband the trust because as I’ve put forward it is no longer fit for purpose.
Any members of course should be free to post on here but the trust is obsolete.
A football club trust that no longer wish to have board representation…..
A new way forward is needed.
Anyone who thinks the trust is still fit for purpose given the face that it no longer wishes to have board representation, which is the whole point of its foundation is welcome to debate(or push water uphill) as much as they wish.
Who actually cares what they THINK
The fact is they are about to be superseded by someone who will actually KNOW.

How hard is that to understand.

There is no point having representation on a board which doesn't have meetings and which refuses to share any plans beyond very old pictures of a project they've had six years to complete and not touched.

I sincerely hope the fan rep does KNOW, but we'll see.  

A Trust board member would not be independent.  It would not be appropriate for one of us to stand, but the Trust will of course try to work with whoever wins the election.  We have a website, 12 volunteers, an email address, regular meetings and many ways to feed back and help them with what could be a very lonely job - depending how much they challenge the board, of course.

Unlike a lot of people on here and elsewhere, the Trust doesn't just make things up - David Bower is a lawyer and nothing the Trust has said has been challenged legally.  It is just twisted by the club, often with help from a few of the same people, and/or completely avoided.

The Trust has tried very hard to work with the current board but needs something to work towards, not vague words which some fans seem to lap up despite nothing having happened for a long time.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 21:04:40 pm by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29404 on: October 07, 2021, 20:50:59 pm »

With regards to the seat on the board, with hindsight at the time if the Board had have stated “we unfortunately have to reluctantly relinquish our seat on the board to save the club” I think they would be well and truly in the clear. Either way to be fair if it really was a deal breaker then I don’t think anyone can reasonably have a problem with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29405 on: October 07, 2021, 20:52:15 pm »

Your last two posts puzzle me.....the Trust do not want to buy the club so why would they be asking for a price?
Apologies I’m off to bed and have been eating cheese.

I dreamt that the trust had been looking into fan ownership (this would need fans)
I also dreamt they held an open meeting where flyers were given out that other posters on here had described at the time were amateurish and embarrassing.

If that didn’t happen I apologise profusely

If I’m right then it’s not a stretch to implement my above posts in order to find out a selling price.

Can anyone else remember this turn of events?
Did it actually occur?
Have I eaten to much cheese?
Am I in a alternate universe?

Am I valiant Thor?

TIA
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29406 on: October 07, 2021, 21:28:46 pm »

Apologies I’m off to bed and have been eating cheese.

I dreamt that the trust had been looking into fan ownership (this would need fans)
I also dreamt they held an open meeting where flyers were given out that other posters on here had described at the time were amateurish and embarrassing.

If that didn’t happen I apologise profusely

If I’m right then it’s not a stretch to implement my above posts in order to find out a selling price.

Can anyone else remember this turn of events?
Did it actually occur?
Have I eaten to much cheese?
Am I in a alternate universe?

Am I valiant Thor?

TIA

The Trust were looking at potential fan ownership models, be that 100% or 50+1. The Trust have held meetings with various other cubs (Blackpool, Exeter, Swindon, Accrington spring to mind immediately) to discuss fan ownership schemes or at least fan involvement in the running of said clubs and to gain information from those clubs as to what works, what doesn't work and to learn from their experiences.

As for the open meeting.....I think that cheese is a bit mouldy now. There is fresher cheese about, the sort that has said time and time again that THE TRUST HAVE NO AMBITION TO PURCHASE/TAKEOVER/RUN THE FOOTBALL CLUB OUTRIGHT however they still looked into that type of model as a short term contingency should any disaster befall our club again.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29407 on: October 07, 2021, 21:29:51 pm »

Disagree. IMO it needs a few tweaks in how it interacts with its membership and how it makes decisions, nothing more. The entire membership should be given the opportunity to vote for board members and stand in opposition. If people don’t respond or stand then they can hardly complain can they. Any major decision should be endorsed by the membership. Who decides what is major, the membership. They will tell you, put what is on the agenda out there and set a response parameter that instigates a vote. If no one or insufficient people respond then again people can hardly complain. Do that then 2 things happen, firstly your democratic process is significantly enhanced and secondly all of this goes away, all of it. You may have to relinquish a little power and control over your decision making process, but which do you prefer? It’s either something along those lines or remain vulnerable to continued attack. I believe it’s also quite difficult to come up with a convincing reason why you wouldn’t embrace a process along those lines and then claim to be completely open and democratic.

Excellent post and duly noted and agreed with...thanks Melly.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29408 on: October 07, 2021, 21:39:35 pm »

Excellent post and duly noted and agreed with...thanks Melly.
Trust or personal hat on?
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29409 on: October 07, 2021, 21:50:47 pm »

With regards to the seat on the board, with hindsight at the time if the Board had have stated “we unfortunately have to reluctantly relinquish our seat on the board to save the club” I think they would be well and truly in the clear. Either way to be fair if it really was a deal breaker then I don’t think anyone can reasonably have a problem with it.
Things were changing on a hourly basis when the takeover happened, The main concern for the Trust and NBC was to keep the Cobblers alive, so we had little time to put out many statements . The piece about it being a deal breaker is 100% true, KT was initially walking away when he thought he would be left with the debt to NBC, as would any potential buyer. The Trust then brokered a deal with NBC involving NBC getting land for the debt and a day or so later NBC asked if the Trust would be OK with the deal being used with another purchaser. The Trust and NBC were looking for whatever was the best deal for NTFC and that turned out to be the deal we brokered being used by KT & DB as they had proved to NBC that they had the cash to finish the East stand. We had a meeting with KT and that is when he told us the the seat on the board would be a deal breaker but added "With David in Dubai and me in the USA we don't have board meetings as such, we have the occasional 3 way phone call"
     We could have stood our ground, there were other interested buyers, but time was of the essence, with the Court appearance coming up in days and NBC wanted to go with KT & DB, so we did what we thought was best for NTFC.
     Sorry if that wasn't good enough for some people, but I can sleep soundly knowing I actually did something to help save my club, actions always speak louder than words.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 21:54:42 pm by Carton Lid » Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29410 on: October 07, 2021, 21:57:44 pm »

The Trust were absolutely right to give up their seat on the board given the circumstances at the time. Could you imagine the fallout if they'd refused and the rescue deal had fallen through?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29411 on: October 07, 2021, 22:10:04 pm »

Trust or personal hat on?

Two hats on at the same time!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29412 on: October 07, 2021, 22:33:54 pm »

Two hats on at the same time!  Grin
Brilliant, great news. If you need some input or suggestions I am happy to get involved. With my member hat on obviously.
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #29413 on: October 07, 2021, 23:14:46 pm »

Anyone wish to agree or disagree with this stance? Just so I can see what the "majority" think.......(the majority of posters on here that is!)

I have to admit I found the fact that the trust did not put forward a candidate for the election thingy a tad disconcerting and it does make me wonder about their claim to represent the supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29414 on: October 07, 2021, 23:36:13 pm »

I have to admit I found the fact that the trust did not put forward a candidate for the election thingy a tad disconcerting and it does make me wonder about their claim to represent the supporters.

This is the reason, in case you missed it.

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/trust-welcomes-fan-director-election
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29415 on: October 08, 2021, 02:46:53 am »

I think an Infrastructure Foundation is the way to start the ball rolling (towards the net I hope  Smiley).

Manwork, Singcobb, Hammy, Deepcut, Carton, Whitedogdo, Everbrite, Teachers pet, Coolcat, Steve Massey and all you others, in principle, would you contribute a small monthly amount to go towards an infrastructure project?

On this basis, yes, I would be in for that.

Absolutely I would!

Ive been waiting for a decade or more, I always buy a season ticket, although I don't go, I give it to a friend who passes it to someone who needs it most.

A lone and distant supporters view can sometimes be overlooked in all this melee and bunfighting. I have always advocated the trust should build at the stadium. The owners cant say no, nor can the council block such a development.

A Trust led fans stand or even a purpose built Trust office, admin and meeting room would be a start and give the Trust a public profile and real stature. Considering how long its been now, if somebody had been forward thinking way back I think we could easily have raised enough to rebuild the north stand with superb facilities for the trust and supporters in general.

At roughly a £1000 per seat to develop a stadium such as ours, with a tangible project, properly promoted online with ways to donate I think together we could have set a target of £2m to add a tier to the south and provide the Trust with a permanent home in the stand whilst generating extra funds for the football club, now isn't that the whole idea? Shame we have wasted the last 10 years!

I would've donated at least a grand per year over the last decade to such a project. Ill let the big hitters pooh-pooh this great idea once again.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29416 on: October 08, 2021, 07:53:35 am »

Trust hat on now......

An article from back in the archives..... points of interest......

Timeline of when Cardoza was in an exclusivity agreement with Kelvin Thomas, mention of other interested parties that Cardoza was also in contact with at the time (KT's was not the only deal on the table, but perhaps the only deal that was on the table that was able to be completed before the court date), the notice that there was a fallback position brokered by the Trust and other local parties/businessmen which was shared with the Council should the takeover not go ahead, and also reference to the £10k hardship fund, and the explicit line that "We should stress that the fund will be repayable to the Trust if and when a takeover is complete, but for now the immediate priority is to support the staff in this desperate situation."

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/10000-set-aside-for-hardship-fund-for-ntfc-staff
"We shall be in touch with the club to agree the details and the most pressing individual needs.
We should stress that the fund will be repayable to the Trust if and when a takeover is complete, but for now the immediate priority is to support the staff in this desperate situation."
Was this ever agreed with KT? Was it part of the buy out agreement? Or was it just in this statement and dialogue with whomever was keeping the ship afloat at the time (assuming you didnt have direct contact with DC)
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29417 on: October 08, 2021, 08:53:55 am »

The Trust were absolutely right to give up their seat on the board given the circumstances at the time. Could you imagine the fallout if they'd refused and the rescue deal had fallen through?
So let’s just take a step back.
The trust made an executive decision to relinquish power blaming pressure from the owners and the timescale not allowing them much time to involve the paid membership in any decision.

They at that point don’t disband even though their whole point of being doesn’t exsist.

They then spend years moaning that they aren’t on the board, can’t get info out of the club until such point that they are not even on talking terms with the club.

An opportunity then arises for a fan rep to be allowed back on the  board and the club make it clear anyone can apply including trust members.

The trust have a two week window to canvass paid membership opinions on whether they would like to see the trust attempt to regain their previously held seat but they don’t deem that issue important enough to arrange a meeting of the trust membership or hold a vote on the matter.

They instead take a executive decision not to contest the election of a place on the board despite that being the whole point of the trust being formed in the first place.

They are prepared to carry on without a seat on the board whilst asking for people to pay to join them.

Is that a fair summing up of the situation?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #29418 on: October 08, 2021, 09:00:34 am »

Or maybe they didn't want to put someone forward in case they didn't win and it would prove what a lot of us think, that the trust are not the voice of the fans.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29419 on: October 08, 2021, 09:09:15 am »

Hopefully Graham Carr and Kelvin are on the phone to Mike Ashley as we speak and we can forget all these pages of drivel.

A huge new HQ hub for Sports Direct minutes from J15a and a football club to play with, perfect for Mike. He doesn't cut off heads and even turns a profit in football which many of you think is not possible.

Welcome Mike. NUFC NTFC
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 [1471] 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: