The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:55:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820183 times)
tcobb, Zen Master and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29420 on: October 08, 2021, 09:37:31 am »

Hopefully Graham Carr and Kelvin are on the phone to Mike Ashley as we speak and we can forget all these pages of drivel.

A huge new HQ hub for Sports Direct minutes from J15a and a football club to play with, perfect for Mike. He doesn't cut off heads and even turns a profit in football which many of you think is not possible.

Welcome Mike. NUFC NTFC
Others may laugh at this but not me.

Everyone’s a winner
DB and KT get a return on investment.
MA would get a hub for his business with great access to the motorway network.
MA gets the chance to build up a league two club and facilities before reaching the championship and selling on…..
The fans get the chance to see a better standard of football befitting a town of this size /catchment area.

If KT/DB want a chance to sell the club on they’ll never get a better opportunity imo.

If they’re not on the phone now then they’re missing a trick imo.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29421 on: October 08, 2021, 09:45:33 am »

Absolutely I would!

Ive been waiting for a decade or more, I always buy a season ticket, although I don't go, I give it to a friend who passes it to someone who needs it most.

A lone and distant supporters view can sometimes be overlooked in all this melee and bunfighting. I have always advocated the trust should build at the stadium. The owners cant say no, nor can the council block such a development.

A Trust led fans stand or even a purpose built Trust office, admin and meeting room would be a start and give the Trust a public profile and real stature. Considering how long its been now, if somebody had been forward thinking way back I think we could easily have raised enough to rebuild the north stand with superb facilities for the trust and supporters in general.

At roughly a £1000 per seat to develop a stadium such as ours, with a tangible project, properly promoted online with ways to donate I think together we could have set a target of £2m to add a tier to the south and provide the Trust with a permanent home in the stand whilst generating extra funds for the football club, now isn't that the whole idea? Shame we have wasted the last 10 years!

I would've donated at least a grand per year over the last decade to such a project. Ill let the big hitters pooh-pooh this great idea once again.

Awesome post Thanks Steve

Anyone notice some of the prominent posters are here NOT answering my question

Manwork, Singcobb, Hammy, Deepcut, Carton, Whitedogdo, Everbrite, Teachers pet, Coolcat, Steve Massey and all you others, in principle, would you contribute a small monthly amount to go towards an infrastructure project?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #29422 on: October 08, 2021, 09:47:56 am »

Its actually not a bad idea.
Sports Direct is also a massive empire so could bring more jobs to the town (although supposedly not the best working conditions).
Should add I dont think this is even remotely likely
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29423 on: October 08, 2021, 09:56:30 am »

Its actually not a bad idea.
Sports Direct is also a massive empire so could bring more jobs to the town (although supposedly not the best working conditions).

The fact that you have to pay to send any returns back makes it a company I'd never buy a shell suit from....if I ever had the inclination to buy a shell suit. Plus your tea goes cold in the giant mug before you get the chance to drink it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29424 on: October 08, 2021, 10:08:34 am »

Manwork, Singcobb, Hammy, Deepcut, Carton, Whitedogdo, Everbrite, Teachers pet, Coolcat, Steve Massey and all you others, in principle, would you contribute a small monthly amount to go towards an infrastructure project?

Thanks Random, if we cant sell to Mike, we will have to do it ourselves! Now is no better time.

Maybe the stars are aligned?

We shared the same stadium construction company as NUFC in Ballast Nedam, we have Graham Carr and shit loads of land nobody knows what to do with next to J15a, instead of a tinpot warehouse lets have Sports Direct instead?

Lets face it, most of the town wear tracksuit bottoms.

Edit, Except cobblertone.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29425 on: October 08, 2021, 10:19:37 am »

Mike won't be interested, remember our beloved Chairman said NTFC is no viable for development !!!

I feel the exact opposite and perhaps other than Oxford, we have the best case going as a small club, rags to riches march to the Prem.

We have the space, we have the population and catchment area and a bit of history. Far better I would say than Bournemouth, Burnley, Salford, Huddersfield and the like.

The other thing we have is very patient and placid fans so no Newcastle-like demonstrates demanding our owner actually make the club a bit better.

IF Ashley goes back into football I would imagine it will be for a quicker, "easier" return to the Prem.

Think Derby would be a possibility, he likes buying things from the official Receiver
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29426 on: October 08, 2021, 11:05:50 am »

You don’t really need to ask me do you, of course I would, obviously caveats apply, tangible asset infrastructure, bonds, shares etc.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2608

« Reply #29427 on: October 08, 2021, 11:23:18 am »

I did answer, I said yes if certain other numbers committed to a two year standing order.
Still, you crack on moaning about people not answering questions...
You're the master of that game 😆
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29428 on: October 08, 2021, 12:12:34 pm »

With the spiralling energy prices, if I can work out how to run my central heating by methane I’m in on the proviso I can run a mains pipe to Hunsbury Hill FOC.
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #29429 on: October 08, 2021, 12:50:25 pm »

Forget all the politics around the Trust, one question to KT; WHEN WILL THE TALKING STOP AND THE WALKING START?Huh?

a) One month

b) One year

c) NEVER
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29430 on: October 08, 2021, 13:26:33 pm »

I'm in.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #29431 on: October 08, 2021, 13:47:16 pm »

Thanks for including me in your communication, I'm flattered   Kiss

The only problem is I lost interest in this subject a long time ago. I just find it very boring  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29432 on: October 08, 2021, 14:51:36 pm »

I was not going to respond to your question but out of courtesy I will, something that you have a history of being reluctant to do yourself.
I assume that you are going to organise/manage this project in coordination with/of The Trust?
If so, I would not contribute a single penny of my hard earned salary and pension, either now or in the future, towards any organisation or group that has elected (or not, as the case may be) you as a Board member.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3338

« Reply #29433 on: October 08, 2021, 14:58:24 pm »

I was not going to respond to your question but out of courtesy I will, something that you have a history of being reluctant to do yourself.
I assume that you are going to organise/manage this project in coordination with/of The Trust?
If so, I would not contribute a single penny of my hard earned salary and pension, either now or in the future, towards any organisation or group that has elected (or not, as the case may be) you as a Board member.
Is that because of the policies or the personality DC?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #29434 on: October 08, 2021, 15:39:10 pm »

Excellent post Deepcut, Random certainly has some nerve berating people for not reply to questions, when he is the master at avoiding any response to questions posed to him.
As for contributing monies to any scheme for ground improvements , in theory yes, i would be quite willing to, but, not so willing to when people like Random are any way involved.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29435 on: October 08, 2021, 16:06:22 pm »

Is that because of the policies or the personality DC?

As I have expressed a number of times before, I do not have an issue with the intent of The Trust, but I do/have had an issue with the method and the quality of that intent/method.
However that would not necessarily prevent me from being encouraged to contribute to a project.
Regarding the particular individual 'personality', my previous statement is specific.
This is in my opinion, in case anyone attempts to relate it to my role as a Moderator.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29436 on: October 08, 2021, 16:30:38 pm »

I'm not adverse to anything that gets the ball rolling. But it would need to have the Trust and the club in principle agreement. Otherwise they will create another side show, that will detract from the intended purpose.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29437 on: October 08, 2021, 16:56:23 pm »

As I have expressed a number of times before, I do not have an issue with the intent of The Trust, but I do/have had an issue with the method and the quality of that intent/method.
However that would not necessarily prevent me from being encouraged to contribute to a project.
Regarding the particular individual 'personality', my previous statement is specific.
This is in my opinion, in case anyone attempts to relate it to my role as a Moderator.

Have you ever been tempted to get involved with the club/trust on any level DC? That’s assuming you haven’t been involved to date obviously.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3338

« Reply #29438 on: October 08, 2021, 17:35:27 pm »

I was curious, that's all DC.
Knowing no one else personally on this message board (I don't think) I can only judge a person with a presence here by what they write and how they write it, and I wouldn't say Randoms online personality is any more abrasive than the typical HE poster.
I no doubt differ from most though in not knowing the faces of anyone behind the masks worn on this forum.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #29439 on: October 08, 2021, 19:49:50 pm »

Are you lot still flogging this stiff nag? There ain't no redev. Never will be. The equine has bolted. The current incumbents haven't even put in a planning application. Their crazy plans won't get past WNC. Why should they? Eventually they will slither away (tails between legs) and there will be a Phoenix. Most probably not even at sickfields.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: